All Comments on 'Both Sides Now'

by Jalibar62

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Beautifully written!

Marbury1803Marbury18038 months ago

Absolutely wonderful love story. Thank you for sharing it

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very well writtern, a follow up story would be nice.

wwaldripwwaldrip8 months ago

Great story and nice tribute to Jimmy Buffet’s lovely songs that you happened to love like we do, he will be missed.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Congrats on your win. Just one little issue: How is this related to Summer Lovin’? It bugs me when writers ignore the theme and produce nice stories that knock theme-appropriate stories out of contention. Happens almost every time. Please, next time, stick with the theme.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is such a beautiful story. Thank you so much for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I liked it. I just wished it was longer.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very, very well written romantic love story. The paucity of sex makes it, in some almost indefinable way, even better - simply because of the type of story it is. Enjoyed reading it very much and for me it was a well constructed literary tease rather than an erotic story - and I do not mean that to be in any way at all a criticism. Very, very good!

Jl4tJl4t8 months ago

A follow up chapter or chapters would be great to see. You cold really feel the emotion in is story. Great writing.

WalkinBassWalkinBass8 months ago

Thank you for sharing this touching romance. Made me feel, and shed a tear. The bit that puzzles me is why Greta couldn't share the reason Tom wouldn't mind sooner.

OrcwordsOrcwords8 months ago

It’s not often that a story makes me sing, but this one does. I’ve read it several times and each time I do, I find myself randomly breaking into “Both Sides Now.” I would love a continuation, it was great.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I liked the setup and plot. I really got immersed in the main character and her story. The hot sex was just an added bonus. Plus I did not see the plot twist coming and I’m rarely surprised. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Excellent writing! The romance side is strong enough - especially with the twist that I never saw coming - that the lack of explicit sex doesn't get missed. Very well done!

SCWMenSCWMen8 months ago

You seem to do well with presenting music in a story. It is a big theme in the stories that I have read of yours so far. Holly went through a lot. To still have her friends and mother standing at the end is a great thing. It also shows how much time has changed for views. But having Gretchen's parents not accepting still reminds people that there are still people out there who can't accept gay or lesbian children. I'm glad that everyone got a happy ending. Although I am a little curious how Ingrid knew about the arrangement between Gretchen and her "husband". I will say that it was a shock to read that twist of fate that they truly were not married. I could see this story helping a woman realize some things in herself that just might change her life.

RemmyqqriRemmyqqri7 months ago

Fantastic story! There needs to be more than 5 stars for some stories, just saying...

mikko_lainenmikko_lainen7 months ago

I can see and hear Joni, behind the grand. Fabulous story, well written. 5^

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It all works out in the end. ❤️❤️

Thank you for a lovely, beautifully-written story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well this was a pleasant ride, very well done wish i could give more than 5 stars, this one stood out!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Frikkin' BRILLIANT!!!

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt7 months ago

Looking for a nice slow burn lesbian story (my go to authors refuse to write 3 novels a week), I accidentally stumbled across this gem. I was amused that it was a bit accidental for you that it became a lesbian story. Very well written, great characters, just all around heartwarming and genuine! Thank you!

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff7 months ago

Outstanding in any category.

ChumulyaChumulya6 months ago

Great story, well written.

DessertmanDessertman6 months ago

Just so beautiful. I loved all of it. Deep emotions portrayed wonderfully and the two mcs really brought to life.

I have several women friends who were married, had children and then left to be with a female partner over 40 years ago.

RemmyqqriRemmyqqri6 months ago

I've read this four times now and I still shed tears and laugh at the same places as the first time!

To say that this is a fantastic tale, is an understatement!

Thank you for letting us in and sharing this tale!

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds5 months ago

So, so beautiful! Thanks for writing.

dbetjedbetje3 months ago

Superb a highly enjoyable and entralling journey more of the same please

THBGatoTHBGato2 months ago

Really, really loved this. It's kind of everything I'm try to do in my own writing, so I found it very inspiring: those beautiful, tender, fleeting and fragile moments of discovery and realisation; the kind friends (Ingrid is a lovely supporting character); the tension and joy of the coming-out scenes. Just wonderful. A real tearjerker. I also admired how you had the bravery to simply pull a veil over their first love scene and leave it to the readers' imaginations. I almost wish I'd had the guts to do that with one of my stories. Really hope you write more in this genre.

LanmandragonLanmandragon2 months ago

A wonderful, tender, loving story. Thank you for that. Incidentally, the BBC introduction is much older than „Listening with Mother“. The very first BBC children’s TV programme was called „Children’s Hour“ and used those words - beginning of the 1950s.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft24 days ago

What a great story! Building it around that particular Joni Mitchell song was a pretty fine idea and so, so appropos. I just read that “Both Sides Now” was released in 1966 — 58 years ago. It’s still a classic now, and as hauntingly beautiful as ever. I consider this story to be one of the classic romances on Lit of whatever persuasion. Well done, dude!

PurplefizzPurplefizz19 days ago

That was just wonderful! The song choices, as previous comments have pointed out, make this something truly extraordinary. Oddly enough I’m not really a Joni fan, or even a JT fan, but the songs lifted the story in a very specific way, not many writers manage this as well as you have here, I can only really think of “Hard Landing” by Broken Spokes as it’s equal. Sadly though, despite my wanting a longer story, with more songs that dovetailed perfectly with the story, you managed to end it at exactly the right moment, I suspect you tried a version with Gretchen coming out to her family, but wisely decided it was better to leave us on a note of hope and optimism for their future, not one of anger and intolerance etc.

Many thanks for writing and posting here on Lit Jalibar, regards, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

Jalibar62Jalibar6218 days agoAuthor

@Purplefizz: Wow. Any comparison to BrokenSpokes is HIGH praise indeed. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJalibar62@Jalibar62
5/2/2024: Reached 500 followers today. I know it sounds like a cliche, but y'all are a big part of what keeps me writing. So, thanks to each and every one of you. 4/25/2024: Just posted a new story under the username BAY2SOUND. It's a collaboration with UpperNorthLeft....