All Comments on 'Bound Ch. 10: Happy Ever After'

by gene_ericson

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hmm feeling sad

Sorry to say this but I wished this series had ended after chapter 5.

The first five were really strong chapters. They had good character development and

there were dramatic scenes but it really dragged from there.

You made Daniel / Jennifer too good together! The reader would have been rooting for them. You would have needed something very special to get the reader to accept Danielle and Chris who had little chemistry in my opinion. I think the ratings reflect this especially with chapter 7 being highly rated when Daniel returns.

The later chapters read like loving wives stories where Danielle is having adulterous sex all the time, even on her wedding day. Two women is not cheating right ?

This is another reason I could never feel any emotions about Danielle relationships.

Too many loose ends. In the story "The blue necklace" the change works as the main character

has no significant others. So when reality changes no ones seems left out a wrong has been put right.

Here we have the parents losing their son and Jen & kids losing daniel (But they get to have an adulterous affair every year for two weeks).

What woman would be happy with this ? How are these two weeks every year explained to Chris ?

If she really loved Chris or her parents would you not tell them. It's easily provable.

The thing with Daniel’s mom at the wedding was a cop out. Why would they go to a wedding

where they only barely know Jen. Why would she ask Danielle to call her Mom who does that.

The sappy ending about becoming a boss of the business was lame. All this seems more unbelievable than the magic corset.

Sorry if this was too negative. You are a talented writer and you owe it to yourself to continue.

I just personally think the story flowed into the direction of a Jen/ Daniel romance where

becoming a woman helped him learn how to tell Jen he loved her.

Like I said, it can work. Like in the blue necklace but it didn't here.

The way it turned out would only appeal to those with a gender / transform fetish.

Also did I read that correctly. There was writing on the corset box and she never got it translated ? What ! It was probably instructions :)

Sorry. Thanks for the the work. I only complain because the early parts were so great.

Its whether you are happy with it that is the important thing.

Can’t please everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Maybe weak character development at the end but still great

As a whole, this series was by far the best on this site. I'm sorry to see it come to an end. What an incredible premise, and so amazingly well executed! I do think Chris Jr raises some concerns but I guess it's not all that much different from a military family.

Looking forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

The ending was beautiful!

Thank you for writing this and letting me read it.

gene_ericsongene_ericsonover 8 years agoAuthor
Feedback to the feedback and an explanation

When I first saw the low scores on certain chapters I have to admit, I was a bit annoyed. I wondered what I had done wrong. I now realize the low scores were more about the character and her sometimes questionable judgement rather than my writing or my writing ability.

I tried to make the story as realistic as possible. To not just create a story where a man changes and has full control of his actions, like so many other transformation stories, but to take advantage of the fact that men and women ARE inherently different, not just physically but mentally, emotionally, and sexually as well.

Daniel (as Danielle) had very little control over him/herself in ANY sexual situation because, as a guy, he learned to seek sex at every opportunity. As Danielle this wiring of his brain did not change, in fact it became worse because he was not even remotely prepared for the far more intense stimulation of the female body. As such, Yes, She made some VERY questionable decisions which could have had all kinds of results like was pointed out in the feedback of a previous chapter. (i.e. pregnancy, STD's, etc.)

The story trek itself followed very much along the same familiar lines of addiction and withdrawal.

Chapter 1: Discovery

Chapter 2: Experimentation

Chapter 3: Addiction

Chapter 4: Intervention

Chapter 5: Closure

Chapter 6: Rock Bottom

Chapter 7: Light at the end of the tunnel

Chapter 8: Relapse

Chapter 9: Taking responsibility and regaining control

Chapter 10: accepting that life can never be the same and moving on you can find something else you never thought possible.

Anonymous 1 was feeling sad at the end and thought I should have ended the story at Chapter 5. I can only assume because s/he did not like the direction of Danielle in Chapter 6 and subsequent chapters (with the exception of chapter 7)

I can honestly say that Chapter 6 was the most difficult, and I think the longest timewise, for me to write. This was because Danielle, in an attempt to regain some control over her new life lost nearly all control. She was going into a dark place that no one, I think, wanted her to go (not even me) but this wasn't a fairy tale. It was important for this transition to happen for the growth of her character, yes it is growth in the wrong direction but then again ... we all learn from our mistakes. For this reason I think Chapter 6 is probably the most important chapter in the saga.

Likewise Anonymous 1 disagreed with the ending, thought that Danielle should have somehow figured out how to return to Daniel and that I was just pandering to the transformation fetish crowd. I think letting her transition back would have been worse. That we can have action without consequence.

There was also some concern about Chapter 10 and character development. Chapter 10 was always about bringing the story full circle. Being a flashback story, it NEEDED to end where it began, with our Protagonist holding and inspecting the box and its contents.

It was also intended to tie up, as best as possible, any loose strings into a tidy little bow. Seeing that the story mimicked real life there will always be some frayed edges. This was intentional so that the reader wonders about the other drama that might arise as well as to make them wonder about the story behind the story.

'Danielle and Chris had little chemistry' SIGH! you got me there. Obviously there was chemistry or she would not have chosen to marry him but you are correct. I failed in bringing that to the reader.

Thank you all for your kind words and your criticism, this was my first attempt at erotic fiction and I was not quite sure WHAT to expect. Having written this, and a few other stories now, I have a newfound appreciation for all writers, the creative process, and editors.

In the end I guess if I have made any of you wonder if SOMEWHERE in Suburbia, sitting on the top shelf, in a dusty old leather box, there was a century's old magical corset ... then I guess I did OK.

Thank you again everyone for your votes, your comments, and favoriting me as an author and the chapters you enjoyed, I hope you find my new tales just as enjoyable.

Gene_Ericson

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good writing

Sorry you were annoyed about any low scores. In my case like you said it was simply the characters not the structure or prose.

You are a talented writer. I think your prose is better than some publish novels. Even some overrated best sellers I recently read. (cough "The Martian")

Anonymous 1

tompo296tompo296over 7 years ago
Thank you

Can I compliment you on an excellent story, I really felt for Daniel and Jen and was touched by their connection and was routeing for them as a couple. I can honestly say that this series is one of my top ten that I have read, leaving a nice 'feel good' emotion .Thanks once again for a nice story, well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good story

After reading this whole series I thought I'd compliment you at the end. I ended up getting really attached to the characters but the fact that Danielle gets married took some time to get used to. I think the secret should have been reveled to the husband. Over all I really enjoyed this story however you don't explain how they cope with Danielle turning back in to a man. This story didn't just cut to the sex and was fully fleshed out.

Thank you for a good story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous