All Comments on 'Bound in Spirals Ch. 09'

by DistortedSense

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loving this series

This series is the only one that will make me put everything on hold to read when a new chapter comes out. The only complaint i have is that you arent producing a chapter a day or all at once, im just impatient and love it that much. I understand that you actually have a life and can't realistically produce chapters that quickly AND have them edited so i guess im going to just have to learn to be patient because at least its not taking years between chapters.

Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great writing

You and your editor have done a great job so far. The story and the characters have all developed well and are rounding out nicely. Don't worry about not enough smutt most of us would be more than glad to wait for it in a well crafted story. The payoff is better when it comes. Please write the next chapter soon, I hardly can wait!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sublime

Beautifully written. I find myself caring deeply for the characters, and understanding them better than real people I know. Thank you for this. Your writing improves the quality of my life.

safrodsafrodover 8 years ago
Awesome writing

After reading your story I gave it straight 5 star.

Awesome plot

Awesome writing style

When can we have next chapter. This wait is killing me.....

DistortedSenseDistortedSenseover 8 years agoAuthor
Wahh! So many good compliments for me!

I'll er, try to respond to all of them at once since they're relatively similar. I am very grateful of you all for the great compliments on my writing, plot, characters, etc. I love to write, and as much as I'd like to say I do it for all of you, I don't. Even if nobody liked it I would still write, but it is really much more gratifying to see that you all enjoy it.

In regards to the first anon: yeah, sorry I can't manage about 10k words in a night. 1k? yeah I could do 1k, but not every night. Generally, I spend about 3 hours writing every night, give or take an hour on some nights.

Second anon: My editor is great! He fixes all of the places where I forget words, or add one too many. And he offers great suggestions!

Third anon: That is really cool to hear! I feel like the characters are real in a way in my own head. Especially Sam, while I'm writing I feel like I can feel every unwritten emotion he has. Despite my being almost nothing like Sam personality wise I feel like I am him in a way when I write. The best way I can describe it is like getting into the character you're playing as an actor or something, if you're a good actor that is. After however many months it's been, seven? I think it's been about seven months since I first started writing it. Anyways, after seven months of writing all of these characters I feel like I put a little of my own soul in each of them, and it makes them feel alive, to me at least. Even the dislikeable characters, like Yalene at this point, or my dear sociopathic queen, Tenall. Wow, didn't mean to make that so long, lol.

Safrod: Ha! It's nice to hear that the plot is good, since I pretty much just make most of it up as I go. Other than, well, the major climax of the story and such. When I first started it I had no idea where it would go, nor did I have any idea it'd end up at this point. Even as the story starts to flesh itself out there are many things happening that I didn't plan at all. One thing I did plan is more suffering(sorry Sam). Muahahaha!

Also! Check out my bio if you want to join my mailing list! You'll get the chapters a few days earlier than everyone else!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Glad you've stuck with Sam being "broken", considering all the complaining about how weak he was in comments I saw in earlier chapters. You clearly had a vision for the character and he's nothing if not consistent in his anxiety and mental issues. People apparently can't handle a character being anything but confident and strong, it's refreshing to see a deeply flawed character with plenty of room to grow.

I have no serious complaints other than wishing I'd found the story when it was already complete version.

DistortedSenseDistortedSenseover 8 years agoAuthor
Response to fourth anon!

Ah! I'm glad someone feels the same as I do in regards to that! Those comments were pretty discouraging for about a day or two, but I got over them fairly quickly. Maybe it's just because I'm the writer, but I just don't understand why they thought Sam had to be super strong, or some alpha male character. Not that I mean to disparage their opinions, but I just couldn't relate to how they felt. Sam isn't some hero, not even a little bit. He basically got thrust into this world of swords and sorcery with no prior training or anything. You can't just expect him to become a master swordsman in less than a week, it's simply unrealistic. He's a character who's still quite naive, not experienced with the sword, and has a lot of trauma/weaknesses. Maybe it's just because I know how he will develop as a character, but I feel like he needs to be given time to grow. Dammit I feel like I always end up rambling in these comments. I should probably stop cluttering the comments section with my bullshit, but I never was one to do what I probably should.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Don't let the negative comments get you down. This is an amazing read. It's a very refreshing change of pace to have a protagonist that isn't the standard cookie cutter alpha male or who doesn't change in to one within like 3 chapters. The more facets of Sam's broken personality you reveal, the more interesting he becomes. I greatly look forward to seeing him grow and heal. Loving the story so far, keep up the fantastic work. I'll be eagerly waiting for more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Circling the drain

Well just remember you've asked for this;

1 - it's a good story, it'd be even better if you stuck with it and simply told the story. too much time is spent watching Sam wander off...AGAIN!...you're walking away, by yourself, into a completely unfamiliar forest where who knows what is lurking...AGAIN!...come on, the kid is not an idiot!

2 - nobody seems to grow amidst all this dramatic action. At least Darrel has a reason for being so serious and dour. Truly I tell you, in battle you learn quickly, in life and death situations the survivors are the ones who figure this out, the hesitant die quickly!

3 - writing about deep psychosis is best left to the pros. Dad was a pathetic, enabling putz, the step family crazed to Charlie Manson levels, and Sam just kept on keeping on...really. He's staying why? Do you actually KNOW anyone who has been physically, sexually, emotionally, and mentally abused like this? Then stop writing like you do.

4 - and finally, please stop the explanation at the beginning of each chapter, it is tedious beyond endurance...have mercy on your readers (we're actually on your side) stop beating on us.

THIS IS ACTUALLY A GOOD STORY! AND I'M REALLY TRYING TO SAY WITH IT, BUT YOU WRITE LIKE A PAINTER WHO CAN'T STOP MESSING WITH THE PICTURE. WRITE IT AND MOVE ON.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Your story went from good to not worth reading fairly quickly

I was reading this and gave it five stars until the last chapter which I give 4 stars. This chapter gets a one star and I won't bother with the rest. I want to at least like the main character. Sam has become totally worthless and mentally damaged to the point, well I can't find any admiration for him or any of them except maybe the wolf. Too bad, this story started out great.

scream6scream6over 6 years ago
well....

i gave it 9 chapters, but now I just can't read anymore. The mc is such a wimp and only wins through dumb luck. He has nothing likeable about him at all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDistortedSense@DistortedSense
Read the rest of Bound in Spirals book one @ wattpad.com/distortedsense ! If you want to support me and check out my new writing you can find it available publicly there as well as on my Patreon account where I post new chapters a month early @ patreon.com/distortedsense ! Tha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES