All Comments on 'Bound in Spirals Ch. 10'

by DistortedSense

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AdonisXxXAdonisXxXover 8 years ago
gosh

DS come on man!!!!! That was evil. with Samson's situation in the magical room, I feel like I am missing something huge here, then you have to go and hang us like that??? evil as fuck.

Sam is a broken man, I don't even think he will heal, what with the world against him like that, the dude might end up snapping. Snapping and ruining everything, that is for sure...

But anyway, good chapter. At least I loved this one, now that I understand Sam's torment, unlike the previous ones where I used to get frustrated when he started acting out

DopE

AdonisXxXAdonisXxXover 8 years ago
I wonder...

...if they will realize that Sam has acquired a high guard of his own. Which is fascinating because all he did was give her a minature torture session and nothing else. Unlike the argwolf, which was intentionally bound

will Theo survive? Will Sam figure something out? Or will Samson return with godlike abilities to aid his friends? .... *vibrating*

DistortedSenseDistortedSenseover 8 years agoAuthor
Response to AdonisXxX

I'm convinced that I've become a compartmentalized sadist, where I'm only sadistic with my characters. As far as sexually, I'm not like that at all, so it's really weird. Rambling.

Anyways, as you'll notice if you've been reading to this point, I like to give hints towards backstories of the side characters. Vielchena will be no different. Her sort of behavioral change is part of that past, and I'll give tidbits of information about it here and there in the future chapters.

As for everything else you mentioned, I won't spoil. ;)

audovoiceaudovoiceover 8 years ago
Constructively Criticizification

I have heard when giving writing feedback it is best to say what one is feeling and not make a judgement call by saying "something should be like that", because that is for the wrighter to decide.

So I will say, I was annoyed when Sam was talking to the princess, what seemed to me to be a bit too long, while the dangerous knight was ignored to the point it seemed she could get the drop on them. I thought at the time it was foolish of the characters to spend so much time in a bashful back and forth I personally found the opposite of endearing. I was thinking that if it were me that they should have been in more of a panic, thinking I had no time to lose. As it turned out they had plenty of time and it is explained by the plot, but at the time reading it I was annoyed (as if I have any right to be mad at a free story). It is not a very big momment I bring up but hopefully is illustrates a brauder point.

I understand you have a certain amount of exposition, and character development you need to get through and it can be a challenge to get it fit into the story in a smooth way. On a positive note the fight scene and magic was exciting.

lonecrowlonecrowover 8 years ago
Good chapter

This was a good chapter, with lots happening. Enjoyed it. Thanks.

Watch animes much? It'd seem you do. Many of the scenes appeared to get their inspiration from them, especially the facial expression descriptions. It's as if I could see those anime scenes playing in my mind.

hardheadd1hardheadd1over 8 years ago

Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love it

Love the story line, love the writing. My only complaint is that Sam has seemed to have turned into a total dipshit without a trace of a backbone or ability to control anything. Hopefully this will get better. The PTSD from some abuse is a bit much, but I'm assuming it will lend itself to the story as it progresses?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Grats on finishing Chapter 10

The story has been interesting to read through so far, after all I've spent the last couple of days starting from ch1 and finishing up to ch10. So keep up the good work because it certainly doesn't disappoint.

As for some feedback/criticism, I'm by no means a writer so I might be off by a mile, but these are just some points I wanted to raise. I personally feel that Sam's character development is being stalled a bit, despite his claims to become stronger for the sake of others and the numerous wake up calls with near death experiences.

I'd also suggest having more down time for the cast similar to the earlier chapters because Sam had the time to converse with the other characters like Theodore and Letta, allowing for world building, character backgrounds and development. It would make more sense to have dialogue and exposition there. It was a little odd to have Sam and Dettella interact when there was an obvious threat with the governor across them.

FieroGT1988FieroGT1988over 8 years ago
Great so far. keep it up

Suggestion. since Sam has become so much more powerful. he put the knight back together several times, maybe he can revisit helping his friend. I realize that a large percentage of his body is gone but he should be able to at least refurbish him enough to get to the healers. Just a thought. I do like the way the relationship between sam and Dettella is developing, cant wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

As for writing feedback, it's sometimes confusing to figure out what Sam's thinking and what he's saying out loud. It looks like you're trying to use single quotes for thoughts and double quotes for speech but that is inconsistent. Maybe you could double check for it in editing or find another way like where you used italics for elvish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you.

Marvelous story well written and a real joy to read. Thank you and keep it up, you have a real skill in story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Series

Great series, I can't say enough good about it. The only feedback is about Theodore, he got sick quick and then has been in like a coma with no real update. You speak of urgency the drag it out. It's good and necessary but maybe it would have been better to have him gradually fade that all at once and then just be a warm corpse.

Keep up the great work looking forward to the next chapter. I read this in 1 day and it was worth it. Thanks again for writing it,

Wolf_Man_1962

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I normally do not rate but I did as you asked for it

5 stars for the series, it is getting a little odd here, but I am trusting that the oddities will become clear as the story progresses.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not bad at all.

I just found and read this series. I have to say I'm very interested to see what happens next.

sailandoarsailandoarabout 8 years ago
Improving . .

. . . your writing would be possible, . . . but not easy. It is rather fabulous as it is.

Lord_JohnnyLord_Johnnyabout 7 years ago
Still?

So...seriously? What the hell? People who have issues very rarely have psychotic breaks, and this guy is more than a little bit of a whimp. Let's allow the kid to grow a pair huh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Your main character has become irritating to the max... so much so that I'm close to the point of not caring what happens next.. or even of what finally happens... numerous readers have told you of their distaste for the direction you've taken him in... but instead of heeding them... you've made him worse... I'll give it one more chapter... if it continues along the same lines... I'm done...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I've tried 3 times to read this series. I can never get past how Infuriatingly useless sam is. As a individual that's live through the lions share of violence, abuse as a child and war as a adult, I cannot understand why this has gone this way. Its time for him to step up and not be a perpetual victim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love it

Rare to find virgin Macs

Him being messed up a bit in the head makes it less of a one point of view story so that there isn't really one single protagonist it's more of a tale about a bunch of people.

It's a neat new gem.

Like it a lot!

The shy MC reminds me of me.

bhojobhojoover 1 year ago

Though the protagonist starts out as something of a milquetoast one hopes that will contribute to a more engaging story arc as a rise from the depths to the heights.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sam's traumatized mind is taking over the fantasy adventure I was enjoying.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDistortedSense@DistortedSense
Read the rest of Bound in Spirals book one @ wattpad.com/distortedsense ! If you want to support me and check out my new writing you can find it available publicly there as well as on my Patreon account where I post new chapters a month early @ patreon.com/distortedsense ! Tha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES