Bowl Me Over

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You okay?" he asked.

"Oh, yeah, sure," she said, not very convincingly.

"Come on, Sara, what's up?"

"Oh, it's nothing," she said softly as she looked down again.

Tim reached forward and lifted her chin so that he could look her in the eyes. He saw the tears and immediately thought that he had said something or did something to upset her.

"Is it something I said?" Sara shook her head. "Didn't say?" She shook her head again. "What then?"

Sara sat back and looked away, trying to clear her mind. She was thinking of many things at that moment when she really needed to concentrate on the question at hand. Sighing deeply, she said, "Like I said before, I wasn't looking for a boyfriend, but you showed up and here we are. You've become much more than just a friend to me and I think I'm falling in love with you." She looked down at her hands once more. "I don't want to rush you into something you're not ready for. I mean, you're still dealing with Janice..."

"Whoa, time out," Tim interrupted, "I'm dealing with her because of you. Being with you has made me have feelings again and you've taught me that it's okay to love someone and not be afraid anymore. You're not rushing me into anything that I didn't want to happen. I'm ready to move on. I want it to happen...I want us to happen. For some strange reason, I decided to practice on a Saturday afternoon and Patrick put me next to you. Call it karma, call it fate, call it anything you want, but you and I were brought together for a reason and I'm very happy where I am."

He was staring intently at her now and she felt that his gaze was penetrating straight to her very soul. There was something about this man that stirred her deepest emotions, the very center of her being. As Tim said, they were brought together for some unexplained reason and she was never going to question it.

"You said you loved me?" she whispered.

"Yes," he said softly.

"No one's ever said that to me before."

"You're kidding."

"Never."

"Scott never did?"

"Scott was an ass!" she said ruefully.

"Don't hold back, tell me how you really feel," Tim smiled.

Sara laughed lightly. It seemed that Tim always knew when to make her laugh. Their customary pizza arrived and they dug in. Between bites, they chatted about less serious subjects, avoiding anything remotely heavy or sad. They just wanted to enjoy each other's company.

"So, since we're not bowling until fall, what are we going to do on Monday nights besides sex?" she asked innocently. She watched in amusement as Tim almost spit up the sip of 7-up that he had just taken. He coughed and sputtered until he regained his breath.

Pressing his mouth to a napkin, he replied, "I guess we could start planning our wedding." It was Sara's turn to choke as she had to put down her pizza.

"Whoo hoo! Score one for the Timster!" Tim exclaimed triumphantly, both fists raised over his head.

Laughing, Sara said, "Well, I guess we know which subjects are off limits for discussion."

"I don't mind talking about sex," he said, "you just caught me off guard a wee little bit. We've talked about it before without too much trouble. Shoot, I think we both know it'll happen sooner or later between us."

"How about this weekend?" she said softly, blushing.

"We'll have to see about that," he said. "By the way, what will your parents think about us going away?"

"They probably think we're having sex already, they've made enough off hand comments about it. Besides, I'll be twenty-three next month and I'm going to be moving out soon, so I don't think it's an issue. Anyway, they lived together before they got married, so they really can't tell me not to go with you."

"You know I didn't ask you along for sex," he said seriously. "You mean more than that to me."

"I know," she replied. "If it happens, it happens. That's one more thing I definitely don't want to rush into. I want it to be the perfect moment and not a second sooner."

"Good." Tim put down his pizza and leaned forward. "This is probably silly to ask, but..." He stopped, embarrassed.

"But what?" Sara asked.

"This weekend," he said slowly, deliberately, "should we decide to, um, you know, do something, if you catch my drift..."

"Yes," she smiled, thinking of the possibility.

"Well, um, would you like...do you have...protection, or..."

Sara reached forward and touched his cheek. "You are so sweet, Tim, so sweet for asking. I'll be okay, I'm on the pill. Bad periods," she added hastily. "And no, it definitely was not silly to ask." She stroked his cheek lightly. "I really do love you, Tim," she said sincerely.

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't love you, too."

"I know."

They stood beside her pickup in the almost deserted parking lot. They had stayed a lot later than usual and Sara knew she was going to pay for it the next day. It was hot and sticky, even at the late hour, but neither seemed to notice. Her back was against the driver's door, her arms around his waist as she kissed him good-night.

"Call me tomorrow," she said.

"Can I see you?" he asked.

"Not tomorrow, Tim. I'm not going to get much sleep and I'll just want to crash after work. We can do something Wednesday. Okay?"

"Sure thing. Is it okay if I call you around six?"

"Six is fine," she said as she reached behind her for the door handle. "I guess I better get going," she said sadly.

"Yeah, I'll let you go. You need your sleep," he said without moving.

"I've had a wonderful time this summer. I think I'm going to miss coming here on Mondays," she said, looking into his eyes.

"Me too," he replied. "Look, you better get going. I'll call you." Tim bent down quickly and gave her a short kiss before letting her go, although he would rather have taken her home with him.

Her pickup rumbled to life as she gave him one last kiss through her open window. Tim backed up a step and waved to her as she drove out of sight.

Tim picked her up Friday an hour or so after she got home from work. She came out as he pulled into the driveway, small suitcase in hand, saving him a potentially awkward visit with her family. Her parents were not pleased at all that Sara and Tim were spending the weekend alone together.

"My God, mom," Sara protested, "you and dad lived together before you were married and you were younger than me!"

"But, you've only been dating a few months," Kim retorted. "You don't know him well enough."

"I know him better than I ever knew Scott."

"Are you at least still on the pill?"

"Mom, it wouldn't matter anyway, because we haven't had sex and we're not planning on it." Kim rolled her eyes. "But, yes, to satisfy your curiosity, I am still on the pill."

Her father was even more upset than Kim. He didn't like the thought of his little girl being alone with a man for the first time. Jack was having a hard time realizing that Sara was a grown woman and ready to set out on her own.

So, Sara thought it best to avoid any potential confrontations. Tim helped her put the suitcase in the trunk next to his bowling equipment and his own suitcase.

"Did you pack your swimsuit?" he asked. The hotel had an indoor pool and he thought that it would be fun to go swimming together.

"Yes, I did," she smiled, thinking about the bikini that she had bought just the day before.

"Okay, let's get going," he said as he led her to the passenger side and let her in. Sara was wearing mid-thigh denim shorts and a kelly green tee shirt.

Tim was quite impressed with her legs as the shorts hiked up her thigh when she sat down. They were nicely toned and very pleasant to look at. Except for their first date, it was one of the only times that he had seen her in something besides slacks or jeans.

"You should wear shorts more often," he remarked as he settled into the seat. He took another look and smiled approvingly.

"Well, since it's supposed to be so hot this weekend in Louisville, I brought a couple pairs along."

"How am I going to be able to concentrate on my bowling when you're looking so good?"

"I could stay home," she replied, tossing her hair back to make herself look more alluring to him.

"No way," he said. "I'd go crazy if you weren't with me. I'll just have to fight through it."

"That's the spirit," she laughed.

Tim merely shook his head as he pulled out of the driveway and began the trip. They drove straight through, except for one bathroom break, and arrived at the hotel in the early evening. After checking in and unpacking their suitcases, they walked across the street to a steakhouse for a late dinner.

They talked and laughed throughout the evening. There were moments that would trigger a memory of Janice, but it was okay with Tim and he could handle it now. It was good and right for him to be happy with Sara and he intended to enjoy every moment with her. Before they knew it, it was after ten-thirty and Tim had to be up early the next day for his bowling session.

After they walked back to their room, Tim let Sara have the bathroom first to change. She came out wearing blue cotton pajamas, saving her short, newly purchased, silk nightgown for the next night should things between them get more romantic. Normally, Tim wore nothing to bed, and in fact, did not own pajamas or any type of sleep wear. He had to go out and buy a pair of sleep pants for the weekend. When he emerged , it was after eleven and both were tired from the long day.

They stood between the two beds holding each other. Tim was rubbing her back lightly with his right hand and it felt strange to him not to find a bra strap in the way. This amused him as he chuckled to himself.

"I guess I better get to bed if I want to do any good tomorrow," he said softly, not wanting to let her go.

"Oh, but you feel so good," Sara protested.

"Do you think I want to let you go? You're crazy if you do," he replied. "You feel wonderful!"

They held each other for a few more seconds before kissing each other good-night. They went to different beds, turned down the covers, turned off the lights, and settled in.

After what seemed like an eternity, Sara glanced at the clock between their beds and it was after midnight. She was still wide awake, staring into the blackness. Tim had turned over in his bed numerous times and she suspected that he was having trouble sleeping, too. She debated whether or not to talk to him for fear that he might actually be asleep.

"Tim," she said softly.

"Yeah," he answered in a clear, very awake voice.

"Gotten any sleep yet?"

"Not a wink."

"Same here."

Silence.

"Mind if I come over?" she asked, trying to stifle a nervous giggle.

"Why not? We're certainly not getting any sleep apart from each other."

He moved over to the far side of the bed as Sara felt her way in the darkness. A bit nervous, she pulled the covers up to her chest and sighed. Tim's hand touched her shoulder as he moved closer, inhaling her natural, fresh scent.

Sara smiled contently as Tim wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer to him, her head resting against his chest. Sara melted into him as she had never felt so relaxed or loved in her life. Tim was at total peace with himself and he knew that he was going to be okay with her next to him. With that, they drifted off to sleep within minutes.

When the alarm woke them at six, they both felt as if they had just gotten to sleep. Blindly, Sara reached for the alarm and shut it off after she fumbled around with it for a few seconds. It was still dark and the room was pitch black. Tim reached around to his side of the bed and switched on a light on the wall above their heads.

When his eyes adjusted to the light, Tim looked over at Sara and laughed.

"What's so funny?" she asked, yawning.

"I woke up to a wild woman," he said.

Sara kneeled on the bed and looked at herself in the mirror. Her red, wavy mane was in total disarray and she indeed looked a bit on the wild side. She laughed at herself, too.

"God, what a sight," she said as she sat down next to Tim. She brushed her fingers through her hair in an attempt to tame it, but didn't succeed.

"Oh, you look great. You're a beautiful sight to wake up to," he said.

"I'm a mess, but you're sweet for saying so." She looked at him and smiled. "I do not, repeat, do not want to get up. It felt fantastic sleeping with you. I never knew that just sleeping with someone could feel this good. I don't think I'll want to sleep alone again!"

"You mean you've never slept with anyone before?" he asked incredulously.

Not knowing his exact meaning, she replied, "You know I'm not a virgin, if that's what you meant, but I've never spent the night with anyone."

"You already told me you weren't. It just surprised me that you never slept with anyone."

"Well, the notches in my bed post are few and far between," she said.

"Oh really?" he asked, his eyebrows arched.

"Don't tell me you want to hear about them," she laughed, rolling her eyes.

"Only if you want to tell me."

Sara smiled. "Nothing much to tell. My first was after the senior prom. It would have been a lot better if I hadn't bled like a stuck pig! It scared us both to death!" she laughed at the memory. "He had no idea how he was going to get the blood out of his sheets. I think he threw them out. The two other times were with Scott and that certainly wasn't much fun."

"Sorry to hear that."

"I should have never have done it in the first place. The asshole got his rocks off without breaking a sweat, then acted like he had done me some great favor. I was so pissed. I just left and went back to my dorm."

"It's too bad you haven't had any good experiences." Tim looked away, embarrassed. "It really can be a lot of fun."

"Oh really?" she asked, very interested. "Okay, your turn. How many?"

"Only with Janice," he said softly.

"Really?"

"We had a lot of fun. That is, when she was taking her meds. She was very loving, very sensual." Tim thoughts drifted briefly before looking at Sara once more. "Anyway, she was my only one...well, so far," he added with a wink.

"Maybe I'll find out someday how much fun it can be," Sara whispered, her head on his shoulder.

"I want to be there when you find out."

"Oh, you will be," she said, "you definitely will be."

He pulled her close once more and hugged her. "I know we'll have a great time." Tim kissed her tenderly.

"It feels so good when you hold me like this," she murmured. "I haven't a care in the world. I wish you didn't have to bowl so soon."

"We'll have plenty of time after I'm done," he assured her. "I don't have to bowl tomorrow until one o'clock."

"Good! I want you all to myself the rest of today."

"You got me." He kissed her and she started to melt all over again. "Have I told you how lucky I am to have you in my life?"

"More than a few times," she laughed softly, "but keep telling me."

"I'll be sure to."

They kissed for a while longer, resisting the urge that screamed through their bodies to go one step further. Tim wanted nothing more than to forget about the tournament and make love to Sara over and over again. He could sense that Sara wanted the same thing just by the way she was responding to his kisses and touch. He had to force himself to stop before they went past their point of no return.

Disappointed, Sara knew for sure in her heart and mind that they would be doing more than just sleeping in that bed sometime that day and she couldn't wait.

He let her have the shower first while he shaved and brushed his teeth at the sink. After he showered, they dressed quickly and went to town in search of a restaurant for breakfast.

After a mediocre meal, but excellent conversation, they headed to the bowling lanes. Tim introduced Sara to his teammates and their wives/girl friends. Most of them were teachers or were in the educational field in some capacity. Sara was somewhat of a curiosity to them, knowing that Tim hadn't dated for as long as they knew him, but she was greeted warmly by them and was made to feel as if she were a true part of the group. One of the women remarked to Sara that she must be something special since every women that she introduced to Tim didn't interest him.

Sara looked quite pretty in her white denim shorts and blue sleeveless blouse and Tim knew that he would have to concentrate very hard on his bowling, because he was already undressing her in his mind.

The time went by slowly as bowler after bowler, frame after frame was completed. Tim was bowling well, but not at the top of his game. Periodically, he would check in with Sara and ask her for advise. Truthfully, he knew what he needed to do, but he just wanted an excuse to talk to her, be near her. He wanted to smell her hair, get a whiff of her perfume or hold her hand, if only for a few seconds.

As they neared the end of the third game, Tim was still struggling with his game and Sara could see that he was getting upset with himself. In her heart, she knew that she was being a distraction, albeit a good one, but he needed to get his head in the game and move her aside for a while.

Tim spared in the sixth frame after a poor first shot and Sara knew she had to do something. She caught his attention and motioned for him to meet with her. She took him by the hand and led him to the hallway leading to the restrooms.

"What's going on?" she demanded, hands on hips.

"I'm just stinking up the place today," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"You did fine the first two games. You've thrown some decent balls on both lanes. You need to bare down."

"It's hard to concentrate with you here," he smiled.

"That's bullshit! Maybe I should leave," she replied.

"No, I don't want you to leave," he said, puzzled. He couldn't understand why she was being so hard on him.

"Then get your head out of your ass!"

"What?"

"You heard me. Don't be grousing, bitching, and moaning down there and then come up here and act like it doesn't matter to you. You're letting yourself down and you're letting your teammates down, too. We've got plenty of time for us when you're finished. I'll still be here. I'm not going anywhere. Clear your head, forget about me for a while, and bowl like you're trying to win money off of me on Monday night."

"Yes ma'am," he said seriously. He knew that she was right. He needed to be chewed out and he deserved it. "Anything else?" he asked, looking back to see if it was his turn yet.

"I love you."

Tim smiled and shook his head before heading back to the lanes. He didn't strike out like in the fairy tale endings, but he did throw much better and he finished with a 199 to go along with games of 213 and 229. There would be a one hour break before they would begin again for another three game session. It was not quite eleven-thirty, but neither were particularly hungry. Tim changed into his street shoes and asked Sara if she wanted to take a short walk. She agreed, so Tim left his equipment near his teammates who were staying at the lanes. They walked with their arms around each other's waists for a half hour or so. They really didn't say much, just enjoying being away from the lanes for a while and alone with each other.

They got back to the lanes with about twenty minutes to spare and Tim looked for his equipment. Not seeing it at first, he looked around the general area without success. Puzzled, he looked to Sara and asked her if she saw his stuff. Looking around, she didn't see it either. Thinking that one of his friends moved it, he asked them about it, too. But, no one seemed to know where it was.

Worried now, Tim rechecked the area without success. Sara searched the area, too, but nothing. Tim was in a panic now, asking everyone around if they had seen it. No one had.

"Shit!" he hissed to no one in particular. He now knew that it was probably stolen when no one was looking. Sara kept looking for it, but it was fruitless.