Bowsette - Beauty and Beast Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Stepping out of the temple doorway, she noticed immediately that she was in a small clearing deep within a dense mushroom forest. The star temple rose up above her, with several long white spires and large domes. The impressive structure tilted inward as it got higher in a vague pyramid shape. She walked over to the white stone stairs which lead down to a dirt path.

"My Queen, you have returned to us!" called Larry excitedly. Bowsette watched as he rushed up to her with his brothers--Roy, Iggy and Lemmy. He stopped in front of her and kneeled, "We stand with you, Your Highness."

The Koopa Queen looked down at them, "Where were you when they captured Mario? When I was attacked by Kamek and Bowser?"

Larry inhaled nervously and looked down, "It...it happened so fast. There was little we could do to stop them. Please...forgive me, My Queen."

She walked down the stairs and the Koopaling flinched as she approached them. They squawked in surprise when she scooped them all up in her arms and gave them a group hug. "Thank you," she said softly.

"Uh...We're here to serve, my Queen," said Larry, still taken aback.

Bowsette stopped hugging and looked at them. "Ludwig and Morton Junior?"

Larry had a bitter expression on his face, "They sided with Kamek."

Bowsette snarled, showing her pointed teeth, "Then they will get what's coming to them."

"And Wendy?" he asked.

"She's in Sarasaland. I gave her leave."

Larry nodded at this and looked relieved. Bowsette stood up again and saw Princess Peach walking toward them. "I won't forget this," she told the princess.

Peach gave a curt nod. "What happened?"

"I left the Kingdom. Kamek seized the opportunity to capture Mario and overthrow us. He turned my boy into Bowser. I knew the crusty little Magikoopa was bitter, but I didn't see this coming."

"You should have," Peach said angrily. "You are far too overconfident and short sighted. I won't forgive you for putting Mario in danger like this."

Bowsette clenched her fists and seethed, but said nothing.

"They have a star core," said Larry. "And Kamek amasses an army as we speak. They mean to invade and conquer the Mushroom Kingdom."

Peach now looked frightened, "Then I need to return right away and make preparations to defend my kingdom."

"I need to go back," said Bowsette. "If I can free Mario...somehow free my boy, then we can stop Kamek and stop the invasion."

"But he amasses an army at Bowser's Castle," said Peach. "They have Bowser. You won't be able to get near it. They will kill you again."

Bowsette let out a growl and clenched her fists. "I have to do something."

Peach turned her back, "We need to get back to the castle. I've wasted enough time."

Bowsette and the Koopalings watched the princess walk away for a moment, and then they hurried to follow her as she headed to her waiting carriages.

+++++

The large ornate gates opened and the two round carriages entered, each pulled along by a blue bulrush. The carriages rolled along the cobblestone path and pulled up in front of Peach's Castle. Peach and Toadette stepped out from the front carriage and Bowsette exited the other, followed by the four Koopalings.

Toadsworth came out from the castle entrance and crossed the stone bridge to approach them. "Welcome back, Princess Peach," he said in greeting.

Peach stood and looked at him. "Toadsworth, code Cherry. Prepare our defenses, and put the word out to prepare for an attack."

Toadsworth gasped, "Oh...Are...are the Koopas going to invade?"

She nodded solemnly, "I have reason to believe so."

"Oh dear," said Toadsworth, rubbing his mushroom head. Then he stood to attention, "Yes, right away, Your Majesty." He then quickly turned and headed back into the castle.

Bowsette watched on. Perhaps Peach was right to call her short-sighted. She had been preparing for trouble. Bowsette had thought that she was being paranoid, that she was just wrongly expecting trouble from her. But she was right to do it. Princess Peach was a good leader.

The princess then walked over to them. "I remember telling you to never come back here again."

Bowsette shrugged, "Well, I wouldn't have if you had left me dead."

Her lip curled and she nodded. "You are all welcome to stay. Just don't cause any trouble for me. I have enough to deal with."

"We won't," said Bowsette. "We have knowledge of the Koopa military. We will do all we can to help." She turned to her Koopalings. "Be nice to the locals and help them to prepare. You will all be on your best behavior, or else. I'm looking at you, Iggy and Lemmy."

Iggy looked up at her, "Of course, Queen Bowsette."

Lemmy nodded enthusiastically, "Yeah, yeah. Do I get ride a Yoshi?"

"No," said Peach firmly.

"Go," said Bowsette, waving her hand. "Make yourselves useful."

Larry gave a quick bow, "It's good to have you bossing us around again, my Queen." He and his brothers then turned and walked off toward the castle grounds. Bowsette turned and saw Peach walking off as well, toward her castle. She set off, following her.

+++++

Inside the castle, Peach had converted one of her studies into a war room. Large maps of the Mushroom and Koopa kingdoms were sprawled out on the large ornate table, colorful tokens sat on top of them to indicate fortifications and military units. The room had black and white checkerboard flooring and sky blue walls. On the far side of the room was an ornate fireplace that remained unlit. Toadsworth and Toadette stood by as their princess looked over the maps.

Bowsette stepped into the room and approached the table. "Your people are not cut out for war," she stated.

Peach took a deep breath, "I have been doing my best to prepare them. They have been training with power-ups, it may give us an edge."

"But they are temporary, and limited."

Peach pointed to the warp pipes on the map. "Have a battalion stationed at the pipes. Fortify as many cannons as we can spare," she told Toadsworth.

"They're not likely to just come pouring out of the pipes," said Bowsette. "They will send their airships and have air superiority. We will need the help of Princess Daisy's air fleet."

"I have already dispatched an envoy to Sarasaland."

Bowsette slapped her hands down on the table, "What about my plan to get into Bowser's Castle? If Mario and I fight together, we can take down Kamek."

Peach glared at her, "Go try it then. See if you fare any better than last time."

"If we could draw their forces away somehow. I could have a chance."

"How could we do that?"

"Do something Kamek wouldn't expect. Invade the Koopa Kingdom."

"What?!" exclaimed Peach.

"If you wait around here for them to invade, they will bring death and destruction to your Kingdom."

"And if I lead my forces into there, they will be wiped out, leaving my kingdom undefended. It's a stupid idea." She scowled at Bowsette, "It will likely not even draw them away, they could just defend Bowser's Castle and we will have no chance of breaking their defenses."

"But if Kamek sees that it's me leading the army, that will draw them out. Shi wouldn't risk having someone with a legitimate claim to the throne on Koopa land, with a show of force. It could bring other koalas to side with me."

Peach brought her hand up to her face, "But you see the obvious flaw with that plan, don't you? If you are the one to draw them out, then how will you also infiltrate the castle?"

Bowsette gave a tight grin, "Well..." Suddenly there was a sizzling sound as bright sparks appeared at the far side of the room. Toadette gasped in surprise as green flames rose up and danced within the fireplace. Bowsette stepped forward, protectively standing in front of Peach.

"What's that?" asked Peach.

"Magic!" exclaimed Toadsworth. "Be careful Your Highness."

The green flames then appeared to be forming a shape. The shape was the distinct form of Bowser's head. "Princess Peach," the flaming head said in Bowser's growling voice.

"Wha...? Bowser?" said the bewildered princess.

"We need to talk," said Bowser.

"Cut the shit," snapped Bowsette. "I know it's you, Kamek."

The flaming head of Bowser seemed to glare at her for a moment, then the flames flickered and round hooded and spectacled face of Kamek appeared. "Bowsette," shi said bitterly. "Didn't we execute you?"

Bowsette clenched her fists as she felt her anger rise. "Yeah, you traitorous snake. And you'll pay for it. I have no mercy for you."

"Hmph, I was informed those sniveling Koopalings escaped with your corpse. I didn't know if they would be able to bring you back."

"If you harm Mario or Junior, I am going to make you suffer more than you-"

"Yes, yes...all the threats. I was talking to Princess Peach."

Peach stepped forward, "I am here. The Mushroom Kingdom does not want any conflict with the Koopas."

The green flaming head of Kamek looked up at her. "Then hand over Bowsette...and the treasonous couplings you're harboring."

"Will you hand over Mario in exchange?" asked Peach. Bowsette whipped her head around to glare at her.

"I am afraid not. He tried to usurp Bowser's throne. The Koopas cannot allow him to walk free. Hand them over, and agree to marry Bowser. Offer your Kingdom to him."

"What?!" Peach said, taken aback. Bowsette snarled.

"That is how you can avoid war. Alternatively we will take your Kingdom by force. You can avoid bloodshed if you just submit, Princess."

"That is unacceptable," said Peach, shaking her head.

"Then it is war. The death and destruction that follows will be on your head, Princess Peach."

"My fucking claws will be on your head, you piece of shit!" growled Bowsette.

"You won't be coming back next time, I'll make sure of it," Kamek said coldly, and then the flames abruptly died down and disappeared.

Peach was shaken, leaning back on the table. "That..."

"Unbelievable Cunt," finished Bowsette.

"Yeah..." sighed Peach, looking perturbed. Bowsette came closer and put her hand on her back to comfort her. Peach stepped away, "I need to get some air." She then walked out of the room.

Bowsette watched her leave. "She hates me," she sighed under her breath.

"Errrrgh..." said Toadsworth, looking her way.

"What?" she asked, looking down at the short castellan.

"Uh...It's...it's not really my place to say," he said, looking down at his feet.

"Come on, just tell me."

He hesitated and then let out a sigh, "Well, it has to do with how the 1up temple works..."

"What about it?"

"In order to bring back the departed, it requires the presence one who...loves them. Their love calls the spirit back."

Bowsette's eyes widened, "Wha?...Peach?"

"Well I don't think it was Toadette."

"Oh...wow," said Bowsette, staring off at the doorway.

+++++

The sun was setting over the Mushroom Kingdom when Bowsette stepped out onto the balcony. Peach was there leaning against the railing, the gentle breeze rustling her yellow hair. She continued to look ahead as Bowsette went over and leaned against the railing beside her.

"Mind if I join you?"

"I won't stop you," replied Peach.

They looked out at the brilliant orange sky, the sparse darkened clouds and the glowing yellow orb on the horizon. Beneath them in the courtyard, Peach's army was still running training drills. Roy and Larry were demonstrating their spinning shell attack to a bunch of Toad people as they frantically dodged out of the way. Lemmy was rolling around on his ball around an obstacle course as half a dozen Yoshis chased after him.

"Hey, did you notice I don't have my tacky crown any more?" said Bowsette.

"Yeah, I noticed."

"So I made the change permanent, with your help."

"Congrats to you," said Peach flatly.

"I'd like to do the same for you but, you know...the process almost killed me."

"That's fine," said the Princess. "The crown reminds me of who I am."

Bowsette sighed, "Yeah...We are kinda the same in that way. We were both created as symbols to unite our people."

"In that way, I guess."

"And we both love Mario. Were both worried to death about him."

Peach turned her head slowly, her pretty face looked somber. She gave a curt nod. There was a brief pause between them as they looked out at the sunset again.

Bowsette took in a deep breath, "I'm sorry for all the shitty things I did as Bowser."

"Oh? I thought you washed your hands of that accountability when you became Bowsette."

"Yeah, I'm sorry for that too. It was me. I had genuine affection for you, but I showed it in all the wrong ways. I didn't give you the proper respect you deserve. So I'm sorry."

Peach turned her head toward the Koopa Queen again. "Okay then...I forgive you."

Bowsette's lips curled up in a smile as she looked into Peach's blue eyes.

"I was secretly jealous of you. Being in power, pursuing what you wanted...Must be nice."

"Hmm, there are always consequences though. I was jealous of you. Your people love you, because you give everything for them. They would follow you into battle, even though they're not built for it. I ruled through fear and intimidation. And that just means they would turn as soon as there is someone else the fear more..." Her head slumped, and then she was surprised to feel Peach putting her arm around her shoulders to comfort her. Bowsette could smell her sweet fruity scent.

Peach sighed, "Okay, we'll do it."

"Huh?"

"It's a bold move, but I'll give you your chance to get Mario out. Just promise me the two of you will end it and be okay."

Bowsette moved her face closer to Peach's. "Yes...thank you."

They looked into each other's eyes as Bowsette slowly moved closer until her lips brushed against Peach's. The princess's eyes suddenly widened and she pulled away, her cheeks were a rosy red as she blushed. "Mario...ah, we...we must save him."

"Yeah, yeah," said Bowsette, she was also blushing with embarrassment.

Peach turned to face out from the balcony and straightened her dress. "That is enough for today," she called loudly to her people below. "Eat and get some rest. Koopalings, you are invited to the castle for dinner." The people below stopped and looked up at their princess. Some gave her a courteous bow. Lemmy let out a yelp as he lost his concentration and crashed into a tent.

Peach turned back to Bowsette, still looking a little flushed. "I will have Toadette show you to your room where you can freshen up. Then I hope you will join us for dinner."

"Of course, thank you Princess," said Bowsette with a smile.

+++++

Mario stood in his steel cage on the balcony of Bowser's Castle. He surveyed the formation of kopi troopers in the courtyard below. The gates of the castle still lay in ruin after the battle between Bowsette and Giga Bowser. He could see several large airships floating in the in the sky above him. Beyond the long stone bridge over the lava lake there were the camps of many more battalions of Koopa soldiers.

He could hear heavy footsteps as Bowser stepped out from the doorway. The Koopa King stood looking straight ahead. Mario's fists tightened around the iron bars as he watched the small robed Magikoopa step out behind him. Kamek walked up to the railing and surveyed his assembled army.

"Your princess was not willing to accept our terms for peace," shi said, turning to Mario. "So it appears we have no choice but to take the Mushroom Kingdom by force."

"You slimy worm!" growled Mario. "You trapped me without warning. You caught Bowsette by surprise as well. Is that a demonstration of your power? Let me out of here and see if you and Bowser can take me in a fair fight."

"There is no need for that," shi gestured to the troopers below. "As far as their aware, Bowser bested Mario in battle. He is the strongest King."

"It is despicable what you have done to Junior. And what you did to my wife. I will make you pay."

"Junior always wanted to be King. I am just helping him fulfill his destiny. And it is the Koopa nation's destiny to become something much greater. I'll make sure you have a good view of it from your cage."

Mario clenched his teeth and growled, anger surging though him.

"King Bowser!!" Ludwig Von Koopa was running up the stone steps toward them.

"What is it?" asked Kamek as the coupling stopped before them catching his breath.

"I just got word from our scouts. The MK army has come through the warp pipes. They're invading the Koopa Kingdom!"

"What?!" exclaimed Kamek. "Princess Peach wouldn't dare!"

"No...Our reports say that it is Bowsette leading the army."

"Bowsette!" gasped Mario, "...she's alive!"

Kamek let out a deep sigh, "So it's her. She somehow seized control of Peach's army. Fine...She leads them all to certain defeat."

"They were seen marching toward Domdoom Mountain."

Mario grinned from his cage, "Oh, you better watch out Kamek. She's back, and she's going to be super pissed."

"We cannot allow this challenge to go unanswered. What say you, King Bowser?" Shi turned to Bowser who had been standing stoically on the balcony.

"Crush them," growled Bowser as Kamek mouthed the words.

Kamek nodded, "As you wish. Ludwig, take the battalions, take the airship armada, show them overwhelming force. And make sure you bring me back the corpse of Bowsette."

Ludwig grinned sinisterly, "Finally, time for some action. It will be done...King Bowser."

+++++

Within the torrid, bleak lands of the Koopa Kingdom, the Mushroom Kingdom army marched on. The company snaked around the wide dark dirt roads of Mount Domdoom, ascending the path. The sound of hundreds of feet marching as well as nervous chatter and the clanging of armor and weapons filled the air.

Walking six abreast were rows of Toads, their usual short stature doubled from the effects of the power-shroom power-up. They carried spears and round shields with a variety of colorful emblems painted on them, including stars, mushrooms, flowers and the Princess's crown. Other short Toads walked in formation, their colors inverted with the fire-flower and ice-flower power-ups. There was also a cavalry of Toads riding Yoshis of different colors.

Wario and Walugi joined the procession. The rotund Wario wearing his goggled helmet and blue denim jacket and pink pants. Waluigi was clad in his usual black overalls with a purple hat and long-sleeved shirt. The two of them held no loyalty to the Princess, but she had dug into the castle treasury to hire them as mercenaries. They would be useful in a melee.

Toward the rear of the column were the carts pulled by the blue reptilian bulrushes. There were a dozen cart-mounted cannons and many stacked supply carts. Atop a platform on one of the carts, flanked by the Koopalings and Toadette, stood the army's commander in her black dress. The Mushroom Kingdom flag fluttered above them, depicting a central red and yellow mushroom on a white field with horizontal red stripes on the top and bottom and eight yellow stars.

A thin stream of crimson liquid ran down Peach's face. Toadette turned and gasped, "Princess...are you hurt?"

Peach gave her a look of confusion and then moved her hand to her face and wiped the fluid with her gloved hand and looked at it. "No, Toadette. It's not blood. I'm just sweating, and it's making my hair dye run."

Her hair had been dyed red. She also wore a pair of fake horns atop her head. She had a fake tail attached and a wooden painted shell attached to her back. She also wore a black dress and black spiked armbands and choker to complete the guise. Peach looked very much like Bowsette and only on close inspection would one be able to tell the difference.

Peach sighed as she looked around at the fearful expressions of her inexperienced army. She had done something unprecedented in the history of the Mushroom Kingdom. But they had never faced an existential threat like this before. She never thought she would be leading an army into the Koopa Kingdom and doing it cosplaying Bowsette. She needed to get them to a defensible position where they had the high ground. They were a diversionary force, and she was banking on Bowsette being able to sever the head of the beast to stop the war before it truly begun.