All Comments on 'Brad's Life'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Wonderful!

This brought tears to 50+ year old eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
As good as it get!

Another fantastic story from you DG. You never fail to amaze me with the quality of your stories. This one deserves 2-5's

An avid reader of DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
This ain't the first time

DG:

That you've brought tears to the eyes of this Horny 'ol Sailor. DG Please have a little mercy on us old folks when you tell a tale like this; Medicare Part A nor Part B doesn't pay for wet hankies. Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Lovely !!

I realy enjoyed reading this story, I could just see it all happening in front of me.

DG HearDG Hearalmost 18 years agoAuthor
Note from DG Hear

One of my editors has said she thought this story was once of my best. I hope you agree. Thank you all for the comments you leave. I enjoy writing and submitting stories, even though I'm a novice. It's the comment and feedback that make it all worth while, (even the negative ones).

Thanks again

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Darn, DG,...

you did it again. I'm late for an appointment because I couldn't stop until I got to the end. WOW!

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
A must for people who love Romance at its best

Ok, here is my detailed full critique.

This was just absolutely a wonderful moving story.

Sorry for the long review.

You are one of the very best DG, you never disappoint

PT

LadyCibelleLadyCibellealmost 18 years ago
Reviewed

You've been reviewed in the New Story Review thread on the Authors' Hangout.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Wrong!!!

You said one of your editors said this was one of your best,she was wrong,this IS your best.

txrosenaynaytxrosenaynayalmost 18 years ago
wonderful,wonderful,wonderful....

just wonderful and so very hot and loving...just the way love should be...there just isn't enough of it like that in this world anymore and its nice to read a story like this for a change...Thank you so very much DJ..respectfully fan in Texas naynay

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 18 years ago
wow.....

what a fabulous story

putting your significant other / spouse and kids first. BINGO...

anything else is crap

Blue88Blue88almost 18 years ago
Damn it......

You did it again, DG. You again got to me, actually brought a tear to my eye. What a wonderful tale. No anguish, no infidelity, just a loving, sweet story about two people who deserve each other. My sincere thanks for such a heartwarming tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
LOVED IT

Thanks DG for a story that got it right. -If you cant be monogamous be honest to dates. Stay single and have fun. If you can find someone that you love - the sex is better than any casual sex you'll ever find. As a married women of 20 years I can say all to those that say married sex gets stale, for me it's hotter than ever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Stories can afect your Life

This story was one of the mot touching ones I have read. It also came at a time in my life that was very troubled. I have broken up with my girlfriend. Your story has given me a new look at what the problem was and maybe it can be salvaged. I know I will try and communicate again. Thanks again for such a heart warming story and I hope to see many more like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Was wonderfull

simply loved the story, seems I have a thing for romantic, was fantastic written, and just just loved it, thanks for sharing it!!! I was wonderfull to read and it touched me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very good, thank you

This was one of your best and it is filled with words of truth and wisdom.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
It is refreshing to read

a very realistic story on this website. I think Brad's rite of passage in finding Angel and her daughter was very real. Overall, excellent story told without making the main character perfect. I really enjoyed it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
stupid

your comments about going to the races is like sex. you are so WRONG. i bet you have never been to a race. I have been going to Cup races for over 20yrs and I have never lost the thrill of it. same with sex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very Good

DG Hear,

You have done many good stories but this was a special one. Sex done the right way, and a story about life as it should be. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Hooray!

A real heart jerker! If only all loves could be that true the world would be a much kinder place!!

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 18 years ago
A very good story!

Too bad he had to go through all the screwing around first. It isn't easy finding a woman who throws your heart for a loop. Man of us never do find her and it is great reading about one who did.

Good flow to the story and the dialogue was very good.

I have enjoyed your stories and this was no exception.

BBEBBEalmost 18 years ago
Great story!

Many of us go through life without ever finding the "One". It's nice to read a story about someones forever true love.

Thank you DG :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great story...

This was a great story, one that could and would stand on it's own, even if it did not include any sex. You have a gift.. USE IT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
well said

This story could't have hit me at a better time. Thoughtful, genuine, credible, even moving. Not the one to bring me there, but almost better because of it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Excellent!

It was the nicest story i've read in this. Very touching, full of love and realistic. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Sweet but sexist

Good intentions but too moralistically judgemental. I feel sorry for any woman who has needed to have an abortion feel the brunt of, "I'm a nurse and I want to save lives." I also found that the male character was a bit sexist. I don't think that a woman needs to be "the one" for you to care about her needs. And as a man who went to these parties, I felt his disrespect for the women who also went was hypocritical. In general, if boyfriends feel this desire to sow their oats and their girlfriends are coerced into it, only sexism can allow the man to be going through a rite of passage and the woman to be "well-used."

I don't mean to bash. This is a very sweet story and I feel for the characters but I just find myself upset by the things that sexism puts people through and this story is so stark in the way it illustrates how society judges men and women in conjunction with sexual freedom. At times, I even felt the story condoned it (abortion is much more complicated than whether you are supposedly "saving" lives such as women being forced to deal with consequences of men's indiscretions). No hatred for men but let's be real about how we level the playing field.

Thanks,

S

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Finally, someone does "love" instead of "lust"

Love is a mixture of so many things. One of them is sincerity, another is sexual desire, another is becoming 'in love' (beyond infatuation), and another is true desire for that 'right' person who one was somehow meant to be with the rest of life. You've just invented your own genre: Total Love. I'm astounded and also humbled. Now, any other erotic story I read will be measured against your style. I can bet even Christian publishers will take more than a couple of looks. If you wrote books I can just about guarantee you would sell like hotcakes and you would have a rabid following. You know, I think you're already a pro trying a new tach.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Very good

A great story from start to end. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Loved it!

I came to this site to get a thrill. I guess I'm one of those that never met the right woman. I want to send this story to my son who is trying to get his bearings. Your story, though very idealistic, has many points for him to ponder. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Another Pleasant Surprise.

I love this site, and the thrill of a well-crafted, erotic story. I marvel at the fact that an author can excite me (with words) in ways that occasionally surpass real life.

Occasionally, I find a short story at this site that transcends the "erotic" boundaries, one that could easily be published in a "mainstream" forum- a short story that is, for lack of a better term- simply very good. There are MANY of them at this site. You merely have to take the time to find them- and you certainly won't be disappointed during the search !

Thank you, "DG Hear", or whoever you are. Your work here is well-crafted and much-appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Gods below...

One of the best stories I've read here, both for writing and for content. It had credible lessons for life, and was splendid. I wish I had found this story sooner!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
not in any sense idealistic

Stuff like that happens, I should know...happened to my best buddie. I (at 62) never found anyone or maybe I missed the right person while looking for easy lays. You just never know when u r in the middle of something that will end up as a good story.

tigertonytigertonyalmost 17 years ago
great story

i usually like the cheating stories in loving wives, at first that was all i read of DGs was the loving wives. i think i have read all of the cheating stories in literotica. now i am going back to my favorite authors other stories, so i started off with DGs, since he is the best. there are bout 5 other authors beside DG on literotica, the rest are just writers. thank you for s great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
i enjoy going thru the comments on good stories

this story did good, only had two dumb asses and one woman i still dont know what she said.. thanks for a great story, even for u DG, i think u outdid yourself on this one

NucleusNucleusover 16 years ago
One of your best ...

... I only could agree with you. Thank you for great entertainment. I must admit, I shed some tears.

<p><b>Nucleus</b></p>

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Thats the shit right there

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A Lovely Story!

Thank you D.G. for this happy story.

bornagainbornagainabout 16 years ago
Really Great

I really enjoyed that story Angel really turned Brad around.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Great Story

Though I felt slightly sad as to how Angie missed the boat.

Basically he really could not reject her for having at the moment a desire to do things that he always did.

Still Angel's story was a bit horrifying. It was one of the possibilities that I imagined. Why did the little girls always

fall in love with your heroes?

RealDocRealDocover 13 years ago
a little etoo long

excellent piece of work. A little to long to keep my interest al at one time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
WOW

DG, Thank you, for this story - whether fact or fiction it truly was inspirational. after having read so many of the cheating stories it is refreshing to read this.

Its every mans dream to find their true love, I know I'm still waiting. maybe one day my Angle will appear before and I too can find out how Brad felt

Thanks again for this wonderful tale of LOVE and Commitment and Family Love

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
What to say.....

What to say......Or should it be how to say ! when you feel no word/words can describe your feelings. Thanks a lot dear(Mr D G Hear)

Truly your story has shown me the way, how to make my marriage work thanks a lot.

In comparison to this, other stories are like trash.

With thanks and best wishes, from a reader from, INDIA.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

The similarity between my life and Brad's are amazing, including my meeting my wife of now 55 years ago. Fantastic good history read. I gave it a 5!

Bemster82Bemster82over 11 years ago
Awesome Story

Great, loving story and very well written. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Lovely story..loved it!!

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
BAD BRAD GROWS UP

and discovers life, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

RAM isn't used to store files such as music, movies, docs, etc. Just one plot hole that kept irritating me throughout an otherwise decent story.

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago
wrong category ?

Why is this love story in Erotic Couplings and not in Romance ? Was that your choice or Lit's ? Very strange.

skywriterxxxskywriterxxxover 11 years ago
absolutely fabulous...

... love story! Well done, easy to follow, great theme.

MrVdogMrVdogover 10 years ago
I would change just ONE thing...

The fish should have been named "Rover"

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

five stars. Amazing tale. Thanks.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 9 years ago
Yup

don't get no better than this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
a changing story

what seemed like another sex story turned into a sweet and touching read- Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Damn

I can' believe you're making us read these sappy stories. I was going to give you a 10 because it was a good story but since it was in literotica I'm only giving it a 5.....bill

xtremeddxtremeddover 8 years ago
Great return re-read...

Still one of the very best.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Really, really good!

Each in their own way found redemption through each other and together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You know how to write mushy stories

A little bazar that he would meet his love in the doctors office getting the clap. Then his sister knows angel and they meet at her barbique. All of sudden he is tamed and ready to settle down. Only this writter can make this Cinderella story up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Brad was an idiot!

If you go to a swingers party and you don't wear a condom, you might as well also grab a revolver and play Russian Roulette! Herpes and HPV is rampant in the USA population. 25% of USA all males between the ages 14 to 49 have one or both of them. Also realize that these viruses have no cure and may have no visible signs (i.e., they can go dormant for some period of time). They can also be passed on by having oral sex and kissing someone. The odds are Brad has them and now Angel has them. Nice lifestyle Brad!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
BEAUTIFUL

Heartwarming story, even though having too many improbabilities to be credible. Or maybe that's part of its great aura. Easily 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
We'll Anonymous 11/12/16

Thanks for the great clinical recap of the story and of how Brad is the typhoid Mary of his generation. It really added to the romantic spell cast by the author of this 5* story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
How

How did he come home every evening to a family when he worked in the family home?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Qery

She hasn't dated anyone for five years,but decided to go out with a man who came to the clinic with the clap.Get real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very sweet...

...except for the common american thing about surprise proposals of marriage in front of some crowd, but unexpected to the proposed-to partner. Sneaky and inconsiderate. I don't like sales tactics like that, they're stupid and underhanded. A reluctant 3 stars, as the story deserves better. I´m forgiving minor grammar booboos/typos/malapropisms.

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago

A guy has to feel pretty secure to propose to his lady in public. A "No"" would destroy most men. Still, it's a nice story, worthy of five starz.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
If

If Angel is that beautiful ,why is she single?.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47over 2 years ago

To Nitwit below, do you even read the stories? Most of your comments are stupid. Thanks to DG Hear for yet another really well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Way too long

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have read a fairly large number of stories published on Literotica and elsewhere and girls going to college are almost always portrayed as heavy partying animals that mostly want to continue what they had already started in high school (i.e screwing around) but on a higher level of intensity and a broader base instead of studying hard to prepare for their future profession or to become solid/dependable employees, members of society and partners for their future families and kids. In the end, they are cumulatively portrayed as sluts and/or whore (and everything in between) while not hesitating to try anything from two-somes to any-number-somes with alcohol and drugs mixed in for good measure. Very few will glorify and advertise their former sluttiness. In the end, they are in for a very rough wake-up with nothing to show for it: no rich husband, a weak preparation for the reality of the workforce, etc. The bursting of the bubble will be painful when the fun goes away. That will be really hard on their self-respect!

And since partying is not done alone or with females only, the guys in high school are no better. They have this frantic notion and anticipation to carve a mile-wide path in the female population and they believe they will have no problem dipping their dipsticks into hot and moist caverns at the drop of a hat, like Brad, the main character in this story. I cannot remember ever reading that these females and males will eventually form couples and have children. Furthermore, their lives in college contain the perfect ingredients and recipes for cheating, separations and divorces. That will be the price to pay and it will not be much fun. And who will suffer in all of this? The kids born from these immature marital unions of unfit and ill-fit mates! To my recollection, no author has yet insisted on the need of society to have families based on solid moral principles. Even the divorcing or divorced couples increasingly realize that something is/was wrong with that thinking and attitude and several will even regret having been a part of that former way of life where they were abused and used like cattle.

It is interesting to see Brad gradually waking up and realize that his former way of life was empty and just a quick and short-term perspective and useless fix on life. Where will he find the kind of wife he is looking and longing for, a quality mate? His wake-up call seems to be difficult and painful (he deserves it completely!). This is the price he has to pay for his past stupidity.

Overall, I hated the beginning of this story and I was happily surprised to see that gradually, the story-line improved to the point where I can now give it 4 reluctant stars.

BJ

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

beautiful story five

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

What a great love story, Brad really screwed the pooch when he had sex with Sally with no condom, a cardinal rule that his dad had preached to him, and he paid the piper when he caught the Clap. I think that one event in the storyline set Brad on the right course was to meet Angel, fall in love, become a loving father and husband to Sarah and Angel. The happily ever after was a sweet end to this tale. Story was well written and had great character development. Well done, 5-stars

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60almost 2 years ago

I thought the story started out kinda sideways, but in the end it was right on target. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Frog 308; man you have gotten this one right. enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A beautiful tale of growth and maturation. Pulled on my heart strings. Thank you!

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
Bet

I bet the author thinks Cinderella is a true story.

willyk1212willyk12126 months ago

man another good one thanks

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I real.y like your stories. They tend to be uplifting and fun to read

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yes, life does not get better than having a happy home and loving people, but you have to be geared up for it. Otherwise it becomes a tedious routine. Really loved this story...!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Damn, what a good tale. I'm a sucker for kids and dogs - thank you DG. 5 STARS

somewhere east of Omaha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...