Brainstormed Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Becca's first move was to get a burner phone as Bill directed. An hour later she received a text on her old phone from a number that she did not recognize, it read simply 9015551453. She realized that it was probably from Bill, his burner phone number.

She called from her new burner, and Bill answered, "I know what has happened, I'm being called into a meeting, so I don't have much time."

"Bill, we don't even have an attorney yet, who is the best, we need the best."

"Go see Alex Vanderhorn, he is the best. Don't mention me."

"Ok Bill, thanks," then Becca said, "I'll call you tonight, bye for now."

Becca was able to arrange an appointment for later that afternoon to see Mr. Vanderhorn, and left immediately, it would take over an hour to get there. On the way she called both her parents and Nate's to inform them of the situation. Both had many more questions than she had time to answer, so she kept the discussion brief, that Nate was innocent, and she was dedicated to help her husband at all cost.

Her phone rang nonstop, she ignored most, friends wanting to help, others being nosey, and the media also obtained her number. She wanted to turn her cell completely off, but she couldn't, an important message might come in from Nate or somebody else that might actually be able to help.

Authors note: I am not an attorney. Please don't be side tracked by my not being better informed on legal details, and focus on the story - she's hiring a lawyer.

Becca was greeted warmly at Vanderhorn's office and escorted into a conference room. Within minutes a stately looking gentleman came in and introduced himself as Alex Vanderhorn. Becca began to speak, but Vanderhorn held up his hand, stopping her. He then called his secretary in and asked Becca to give her a dollar, protecting any discussion they would have by attorney - client privilege.

With the transaction made, Becca told all that she knew, except for Bill's involvement. Vanderhorn suspected that she was holding back, and had guessed that there was an inside friend, and understood the friend's precarious position. He also said some things that caused Becca to think that Mr. Vanderhorn had already been contacted by someone, urging him to take the case.

Vanderhorn told Becca, "I can take your case Mrs. Wells. This will be likely a very intricate and complicated defense requiring computer tech support. What I need is a $50,000 retainer to get started. I can work on getting bail arranged immediately, which will likely be another $10,000 for the bond."

"Mr. Vanderhorn, I can arrange for the money, I transferred everything I could to my mother last night. Thank you for taking this on, my husband is innocent, we are so desperate."

With that Becca broke down, sobbing uncontrollably. She had been strong the previous day and all morning until right then, but circumstances, the realization that Nate might go to jail, that their lives could be forever destroyed, and the fact she had not had anything to eat since the previous day caused her to emotionally collapse.

Vanderhorn summoned his staff, and told them, "Mrs. Wells is to be cared for, every courtesy be extended, and medical help if necessary. Call next door and get her something to eat. Next, we need to get bail arranged, I don't want this woman's husband in jail overnight, make the calls. I've got some investigators to contact."

He escorted Becca to a lounge area within his office complex and got her a cold glass of water, and asked, "Would you like something stronger Mrs. Wells?"

"No, but thank you, I need to keep a clear head. Please call me Becca, Mr..."

She was interrupted, "Then you call me Alex, are we agreed Becca?"

"Yes, Alex."

"Ok, you focus on regaining yourself, I'm on this. It will be Ok," assured Alex.

Becca started crying again and Alex leaned down and kissed Becca on the cheek and said, "It will be alright, I promise."

Then Alex spoke to his staff as he was heading back into his office, "Get my wife on the phone and ask her to come down here, I think she'll be very helpful.

Melissa Vanderhorn was there in 20 minutes. She was a stunning looking woman in her 50's with a heart of gold and took over occupying Becca's mind, mostly asking about how Becca and Nate first met.

After two hours with Melissa, Becca had mostly recovered, was given access to a computer and had the necessary funds transferred to Vanderhorn's office account. Things were now in the wheels of justice, as much as $60,000 of money can buy.

Alex came out of his office and approached them, "My dear may I borrow Becca for a minute?"

She smiled and said, "Well you are the boss, here, anyway."

This brought a smile to Becca's face and she went with Alex into the office.

He said, "Bail has been arranged, he'll be released at six, so you have plenty of time to get there to pick him up. I'm having dinner being delivered to your house at seven, he might not want to eat, make him. There will very likely be reporters stalking you, this is important: Do not talk to anyone, especially reporters. Instruct your family not to talk about the case. Refer all unavoidable contacts to me, Ok?"

"Yes, I got it."

"You may have to insist with Nate, he'll be wanting to convince everybody of his innocence, make him keep his mouth shut. I'll visit tomorrow to brief both of you. You've both had a long day, try to get some rest. I know it won't be easy, use a little wine, but try and get some rest. Watch old movies, no news shows."

She picked Nate up at the sheriff's office and took him home. Once they got inside the house away from the reporters, she got Nate fed and upstairs to bed. Her heart ached seeing her man this way, broken. Her hope was that Vanderhorn would bring good news the next day.

The meeting began by Alex formalizing his status as Nate's attorney. Then he described the routine procedure of a hearing. He said that he had a meeting with the D.A. later that afternoon and would be requesting all of the information that was being used to bring charges against Nate.

"Come to my office Friday at 5, that way my people will have had a chance to do a preliminary analysis of your situation. I know it will be hard to wait, but these things do take time. Be patient, I work with the best. See you Friday," Alex said, then left.

Friday finally came and Alex began laying it out, "Now we'll talk about the meat of the matter. I asked the D.A. for all of the evidence against you, he didn't have to divulge everything right away, but he is so confident that he gave me everything. It's bad. I had my financial guys go over it, they tell me you look guilty as sin. Nate, we've just met and I don't know you, but you have a lot of people that are certain that you are incapable of this crime.

Becca, could we have the room? I need to discuss something with my client, this discussion can ONLY me between Nate and me."

"Sure Alex, I understand, I'll be in the outer office when you need me," and she left the two men alone.

"Nate, I need you to not answer quickly. Listen to what I am telling you, all of what I'm saying before you make a final decision. First, did you do this? Because right now is the time to make a deal, the D.A. hinted that jail time could be as little as three years."

"No Alex, I swear on my life, I did not take that money. How can I accept a deal where I have to admit to something I didn't do?"

"It is sad to say, but every year many people, for one reason or another decide to take the lessor punishment that risk a lengthy sentence, even some innocent people. A possible reason could be that you and Becca could survive three years, but not ten."

"Then what Alex? How do I face my family? My friends? Becca? Or myself? I did not do this and you are asking me to say I did?"

"It is my job to point out all of your options. I am telling you that if you are guilty, take this deal. If you aren't, you must consider the consequences of not being able to counteract the pile of evidence they have. You would likely get up to ten years. What about Becca? You could plead 'No Contest' so you don't actually say that you are guilty, but it is not a not-guilty plea."

"No Contest? Isn't that just the same as saying Guilty? I cannot go into a court room and say that. I just can't do that. I'll also tell Becca, that if I lose, and get sentenced to prison, I want her to divorce me and move on. I won't have her go through that. If she won't do it, then I'll divorce her and she'll have to forget about me."

Then Alex changed his demeanor, "Ok, we had to have that discussion. We can call Becca back in now, if you want."

Nate nodded yes and Alex told his secretary to send Becca back in.

Alex stated the case, "The evidence against you is overwhelming. You state that you are innocent, therefore, someone clever enough to hack in to your computer, create an off shore account using your passwords, access codes, set you up. The jury will want to know why would anyone do that. To get you out of the way, so they could be promoted? For revenge? Does somebody have an issue? Do they have another scheme going and this is a distraction, allowing them to steal other money while the spotlight is on you?

A defense like that, will take a team of investigators, some with skills, let's say marginally legal skills, hackers, plus money for bribes - incentive to get the truth out of people that have no reason to help you. Your company is not going to be ok giving us random access to their client's and employee's files. Whoever did this to you was very good and it will be hard to prove the fraud was on you rather than committed by you.

Here is the hardest part: This team I'm describing will cost a lot more than the $60 K that you've already paid. I'm afraid that a defense like that will exceed another $200,000."

"Oh my god, Alex," Becca exclaimed, "We don't have anyways near that much. The $60,000 nearly wiped us out because the feds froze all our other assets. Our parents would help, but they don't have that kind of money."

"I'm sorry," Alex said, "but while I could cut some fees, these other people need paid. It's not fair, I know. Tell me what you want to do."

"I'm not going to let them take my husband from me, I won't." Becca said.

"Hey, I didn't lose yet. Alex do what you can and we'll try to raise more money." Nate said, trying to put on a brave act for Becca.

Several weeks later the hearing was held, and as Alex predicted, it didn't go well and Nate was going to trial.

As soon as Bill heard, he called Becca, "Hey kiddo, how are ya holdin' up?"

"Not good Bill, Nate's really in a lot of trouble."

"Listen here are some things that I've found out, pass them along to your lawyer, but forget where you got the info."

Bill related some curious activity and a couple employees that seemed wrong, but nothing that exonerated Nate. Never the less she passed on the info to Vanderhorn along with the news that they were only able to come up with another $60 K, well short of what was needed.

Some months passed and as Nate's trial date approached, Becca was getting desperate. The reality of Nate getting convicted because they could not prove otherwise was looming heavily on her.

In her despair she remembered TRPB Corp. and how badly they wanted her to make that demo. Nate would never agree to this, he would rather take his own life than to let her debase herself like that. But it wasn't his choice, it was her's to make. She texted Katelyn at TRPB Corp. and asked if they were still interested in her making a recording. They were very excited to hear from her and yes, they were still interested.

Becca went to see Alex.

"Alex, I have a way to come up with the needed funds, but I need your help."

"What do you need me to do Becca?"

"First, here's a dollar. You are my attorney now, right? And everything we say is in confidence, even from Nate?"

"Well yes, as long as you are not asking me to do something that would adversely affect Nate. I don't understand, why would you want to hold back great news like that?"

"Alex, he'd never approve of what I intend, in fact he'd likely hate me. He would also probably divorce me, but I can't let him go to prison for something he didn't do."

Alex knew he was on shaky ground concerning helping Becca do something that Nate wouldn't like, but he wanted to help Nate, so he decided to hear her out.

She went on to explain all about her contact with TRPB Corp., and that she wanted him to represent her in making a contract with them. She also told Alex that she would get the Ok from Nate for him to help with her plan.

Alex had never heard of the company and had to be convinced that it was real. After a conference call with Drs. Smith and Jones his misgivings faded and made a date for them all to meet at his office later that week.

That night Becca realized that she needed to tell Nate something, but not everything.

"Baby, there is a way for me to acquire the $200,000 we need for your defense, but you must never ask me how or where it came from. I know that you won't understand why I'm insisting on this but it is nonnegotiable."

"Becca, I love you, you can tell me anything, I'd rather die than have you get into trouble over my problem."

"It's not your problem, it's OUR problem. The only thing that I'll tell you is I'm not doing anything illegal. You must never ask me about this. Assuming you are acquitted, everyone must think that it was accomplished with no extraordinary means. Now please let me help, I can't make it without you, just trust me. I love you with all of my heart."

"Alright Becca, I do trust you. I don't like it, but I'm desperate. I agree, I'll not speak of this again." Nate would be tortured for a long time over what it was that she was going to do that could raise that much cash.

With Nate's agreement, Becca called Alex and said to set the meeting, they were going to proceed.

At Alex's recommendation, Becca's legal representation was turned over to Melissa Vanderhorn. She was a corporate lawyer before she retired and a much better choice to handle Becca's upcoming contract negotiations.

The meeting was straight forward enough, in exchange for Becca agreeing to be recorded while having sex with screened people, she would receive $400,000 for four one half hour demos, and an additional one million each if they wanted to make them into a commercial venture. The payout would be $200,000, paid two days before the shoot, and another $200,000, paid as soon as a useable recording was completed. It was agreed that if all of the recordings were unusable, she kept the first payout. If even one was usable, the entire $400,000 was paid. The determination to be made, the day of the recording, while in Becca's presence and if determined to be unusable, they would be destroyed on the spot.

It was also agreed, in the event that TRPB Corp. opted to make a commercial venture from the demos, that to protect Becca's identity, a porn star of the investors choosing would make duplicate scenes, with the same people as Becca had worked with. The porn star, believing that her thoughts were the ones being recorded and played back, would be the face that would be associated with the recordings. Good for her career, good for her pocketbook.

Alex was to keep Nate distracted with trial preparation, including helping analyzing the evidence against him. At the same time, Melissa would accompany Becca to the TRPB Corp.'s set where the recordings would take place.

It was somewhat awkward at first, Becca felt awful, having Melissa know that she was going there for the purpose of having sex with other people, cheating on Nate.

The two women met up at the law offices, and first they confirmed that the initial payment had been made into the escrow account as agreed. Not only was Melissa to drive Becca to TRPB Corp., she was to accompany her throughout the entire day, providing as much support as possible.

When they were seated in Melissa's car she said, "I'm sure you realize that there's no guarantee that with the funds in place we'll be able to discover the true thief and clear Nate."

"Yes, I know," was the weak response.

On the way over, after several minutes of silence, Becca said, "I feel like such a slut. Only a whore would go into a room and fuck strangers for money."

Melissa responded quickly, "You are not a slut or a whore. Don't you ever say that. You are doing this to save your husband. Without being able to hire those specialists and have large sums of bribe money, Nate will most likely go to prison."

"I know, I keep telling myself that, but I still feel dirty. I'm afraid that this not telling him will ruin us."

"Becca, I don't know if this will help, but if I were in your spot, and it was my choice to save my husband, I would do this, or even worse to save him."

"I glad that you came with me Melissa. I just can't let go of how bad it would be if Nate found out."

"Let me ask you something. Do you love him enough to do what is necessary to save him, even if you absolutely knew he would find out and divorce you? If right now you could make the deal, Nate goes free, but your life together is over - would you do it?"

"It makes me sick to consider it, but yes, I'd rather see him free and go on in life with another woman, than go to prison for a crime he didn't commit."

Upon arriving at their destination Melissa turned to Becca and said, "It's time. Go save your man."

"Inside I'll need to become "Jess" as she can do this, I can't."

"Who's Jess?" Melissa asked.

"She's a character that I can become, one that has no sexual boundaries. I used to become her occasionally when we were first married, to give Nate a special thrill, like he was having sex with some other woman. I guess in a way he was, but he reacted like he didn't know me. I gave him great excuses for why I acted so detached, but he never encouraged me to continue to become her, so I stopped. He seemed to just want to make love to just me, you can't be disappointed by that.

Anyway, the ability to be able to turn everything off, and become Jess, is likely related to why I'm able to make these recordings, when nobody else can," Becca said.

Inside they were greeted by Drs. Smith and Jones. Becca informed them that she wanted Melissa to be with her at all times, even during the shoot, which caught Melissa off guard. However, she recovered fast and said, "You have showed me the courage of a lioness, I will be there for you."

Dr. Jones (Katelyn) asked, "Are you ready?"

Becca replied weakly, "Yes, I guess. It just has become very real for me right now."

Mike (Dr. Smith) laid out the plan, "We've been requested to do two scenes today and two more tomorrow. It will take about an hour to set up and record, but the actual demos will be approximately 30 minutes each. These will satisfy your agreement of four recorded demos.

Dr. Smith began by describing how it was going to happen, "Becca, the number of people who have to be directly involved is very small. Katelyn, myself, and Melissa are the only ones here who actually know who you are. Your partners, Gary and Sandy, is what they will be called today, do not know anything about you. They only know they are to have sex with you, they don't even know your name yet. You'll be introduced as Jess, of course. All of our tech staff will only be involved after the recording is made, which Katelyn and myself supervise."

"So, there would be five of us present in the room while I do it?" Becca asked now realizing that she would have an audience of three plus her lover.

"Yes, Becca, Dr. Smith and I will need to be there to operate the equipment, as well as Gary or Sandy, plus Melissa of course. Is that a problem?" (Katelyn deliberately used "Dr. Smith instead of "Mike" to project a clinical appearance to his and her being there, which wasn't really 100% necessary.)