All Comments on 'Breakdown: Conclusion'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Great story

And finished well. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Colour

Perhaps it is a difference thing about each side of the Atlantic but skin colour is not that important and does not need to be repeated every time Malley or Tabora are mentioned. As someone who was married to someone of a different colour for 40 years, it isn't the most noticeable thing about your spouse or children. Mention it yes but all the time no. Otherwise good story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
It's always good to see a new Randi story!

I will read everything she posts. She dreams up events, persuades good writers to participate, edits some of their stories and helps them post. She gives more time, effort and talent to this site than any other person or group. It is always appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My 2 cents

A good story with a fitting end. Thanks for your time and imagination.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago

Five Stars seem too few!

I gave this story all the stars I could. I really love the characters and how you developed their personalities. I want to hug Malley. You beautifully built the character of a delightful young lady.

The way you brought Joey in was brilliant, and although I wish Rain had done more damage to him in an extremely personal way, I thought you handled it really well and appropriately. Randi stories always make me feel the emotions of the plot, and this one shines bright with all your others. Thank you for sharing yourself and your talents!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What HDK said.

There is no doubt Randi is the most dynamic and influential person on the site. Whether by editing, organizing other great writers in these events or writing stories and displaying that her writing ability is second to none, this is an impressive lady.

You didn't over stress the historical aspect, just enough to mark the 1970s, went heavy into the romance area and created a little girl who reminds me so much of my own girls when they were that age. Thanks for a beautiful story. All the stars aren't enough.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Beautiful

A wonderful conclusion to a lovely story. The ending as a call back to the beginning was inspired.

I look forward to your next story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

What can I say about Randi that hasn't been said a 1,000 times? She's simply a treasure.

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
SOOOOOO WELL DONE!

I am never disappointed in a story from Randi! Thanks so much for sharing your talent!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Anonymous

I do love a good romance and rescue romances are at the top of that list. I think it would make a good themed event. Maybe you and your esteemed cohorts could toss that idea around. By the way five stars for the excellent effort !

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
In love with Randi

I think everyone on this site and those who have just come aboard should be in love with Randi. She writes from the heart. To those who would say there is too much mention of race, I have come to the conclusion that Randi writes herself into every story. I think she's proud of her color and sees it as an essential part of her beauty. I have to agree that there is something extra special about a beautiful brown woman. There is also the beauty that comes from within, and we can see that by her stories. Randi, if you go away I will be heartbroken. Please keep on telling your stories.

R.

Storm113Storm113over 4 years ago
I appreciate your work here!

Thank you for a great 5* story. Thank you also, for the work you do here. That deserves even more stars. You've made this site far better than it was, and it was very good already. Your talent as a writer is wonderful and your talent at organization is fantastic. Again, thank you for the work you put in here. I really appreciate it!

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
Great chapter

Always a good day when there is a new Randi story to read.

As HDK noted, she is truly multi-talented, and there are many others on this site who benefit from her efforts.

A tip of the cap.

Hooked

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 4 years ago
Lovely

That was a lovely, gentle little look into an interlude that ticked all the boxes for a romance. I enjoyed the slow, drifitng pace and the minutiae that you put into it.

Thank you, ma'am. Good one.

WestcamWestcamover 4 years ago
Kudos

A beautifully crafted story that really tugged at the heartstrings. thanks for a great read Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
brown angels

you do NOT know how those of us who have brown angels in our families appreciate stories like this. Brown daughters, brown grand children - - - oh, yes, and also Asian daughters in law and Asian American grandchildren.

Thank you more than you know . Do not stop writing, ever!!

linnearlinnearover 4 years ago
Remarkable As Always

I am never disappointed when I read one of your stories. The work you put into them is obvious as you read it, the attention to detail and the stories themselves just brighten up my day. Thank you for all of you hard work.

MetaBobMetaBobover 4 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Seems Like Just About Every Time

I see one of your ladies I hear the Holley's 'Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress". I don't think I've ever heard a couple in love talk and act the way yours do, but they should...

Damn, I enjoy SleeperyJim's comments almost as much as his stories. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
How can

How can Rain and Tables get married when she isn't divorced?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Here's How...

Tabora and Joey were never married!

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago

Just read this two-parter again and thoroughly enjoyed it...again!!!

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
Just completely

in love with this story, Randi! No one writes a love story the way you do! Thanks girl you are wonderful!

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 3 years ago
Wow

I must say, you are truly a master of Romance stories. Yes another ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Few do justice to the written word like you Randi. Two of my favorite things in life are a well sculpted story and children; you are a master at combining the pair. As always, thank you!

somewhere east of Omaha

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Great story! So well written. Very enjoyable. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent plot and well told. This is the first story I've read of this author, where I came across several mistakes - not that they detracted from the plot. Just an observation, not criticism! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Either you need to write faster or I need to read slower! Thank you Randi for so many wonderful stories. I love your characters, all the details that flesh out the stories and your imagination that ties them together.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another excellent story with a fine wrap-up. I like stories that talk about down the road events like this one. Joey dying in prison was icing on the cake! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Loved it

The story , like all other of Randi’s stories, was touching.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

A great story. AAAAAA++++++

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

Another great story, Randi! Thanks for the positive spin on things. World really needs that these days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for this story and thanks for these little shadows and angels that come with their brown mothers. I also note that you have a special knack for the names of several of your characters in your various stories: Samora, Rain, etc.

BJ

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

Whenever I need cheering up, I just have to pick one of Randi's positive stories and it just makes my day. Thanks, Randi!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

OMG that was so sweet. Love it. Just a great story, wish there were more of them. Something from their life down the road, maybe Malley's wedding day? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars. Love the tale. 1 question... Why leave us all hanging mid conversation?

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 2 years ago

As always with Randi's stories just totally AWSOME !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think this was one of the first stories I had read of yours. As on this moment, it's my 5th time reading it. God has a way of putting the right people in the right spot, this story is poof of it.

10 stars!

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

Taking into account that this story is in two parts, I STILL would have liked the story to be longer.

TangomoreTangomoreabout 2 years ago

Fantastic conclusion.

littleone35littleone35about 2 years ago

loved it what a great read touches all the right spots

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Read good Catholic girl for another great story of interracial romance. This story is a great one of how God can put the right people in your life when you really need that anchor in the storm.

AC in SC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is going to sound weird but I was a bit disappointed in the shooting scene. It just felt too tame with him back on his feet the next day, like there was no real danger to the drama. His sister not being seemingly affected by his shooting also felt wrong. If it had been a more serious injury he had to recover from I think the happy ending would have felt more earned.

That said though, this story was my first introduction to this wonderful author and I enjoyed it very much. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story has a warmer more romantic feeling.

The big(hearted) white knight and two damsels in distress. Trials and tribulations framed around the aegis of the sacrificial crosses. Their struggles end well for good people, eh?

OldbutboldOldbutboldabout 2 years ago
Easiest 5 stars ever given

This story just sits right in my world , love ,romance , life is full of danger but certain times in our life that danger can be eased by simply accepting people for who they are , black or white is no different to black with black or white with white its only bigots they make life harder than it should be , thankyou for taking the time to write this story .

littleone35littleone35almost 2 years ago

second chapter was just as amazing as the first showing the strength of love

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story-teller

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Lovely heart warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Read it again one year later and it is still as good as I first read it. Still 5*

BJ

Durken82Durken82over 1 year ago

Great story. I love the Romance category. Never fails to move me. Yes I am a guy and these stories give me tears.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are indeed a talented writer! As is usually tha case, 5 stars. Thank you for sharing your talents.

G

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good heart warming story with an actual ending leaving no loose ends laying about. 5 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. The ending was what it should have been. A happy family life.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

A nice soft story

MartyMBMartyMBover 1 year ago

A bit predictable, but nice. Personally, I would have liked Joey to have lived to serve his sentence. I'm guessing that a long incarceration would punish him more than a quick death, but you wrote the story and I'm OK with your plot. Thanks for a good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Joey was a football player so a more interesting confrontation would be a smackdown with Rain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

More, more, please!!!

We ❤️ Your creative writing…..

Thank you

S & J

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is always a pleasure to read one of your stories. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

liked the story, well written and happy ending. Now the nasty, people like joey(using the word people loosely) dont deserve 2nd chances or any, any leniency nor forgiveness, they learn bad, enjoy being bad, enjoy being feared and terrorizing for the fun of it. They dont deserve the right to exist, breathe air or live out their lives, even in prison. Serious felons, regardless of age should be treated and prosecuted as adults(esp minority chillen, their growing up experiences are far different than that of most whites and when they break the law, treating them as chillen makes them think they can play the system, and they do play the system, as criminals in their own right and as willing and knowing pawns of older criminals). Regardless, adult or chillen criminals who are given a 2nd chance are more than 98% likely to seriously"offend" again, and if youre the victim of a leniently treated scumbag (whether heshe is 13yo or 34yo), you will despise the idiocy and inhumanity of a political and legal system and its members who made your victimizing possible. Everybody who's woke moans and pities the misunderstood shithole who is the criminal, and the shitholes stories and upbringing are sometimes v awful, but they chose to "offend" for stupid reasons or none at all and one of the worst reasons is they dont see the victim as human. ive yet to know of a victim looking for a chance to be victimized. From my experience its better to incarcerate or kill a criminal than to take the risk that a criminal wont reoffend. When the "criminal justice system" takes that risk, it/they arent risking themselves, theyre risking the wellbeing of other complete innocents. rk( ret LEO)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Quite the talent. Great conclusion--well done!

G

BrasskittyBrasskittyabout 1 year ago

Lovely written, characters well built, amazing to read. I loved it and looking forward for the next....

DuncanitaDuncanitaabout 1 year ago

4th read on this literary gem.. 10☆ again!

Billyboy1953Billyboy1953about 1 year ago

What Duncanita said ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Great, loving story - thank you!

SatyrDickSatyrDick10 months ago

[30.07.23]

A Beautiful Duology!

11/10 Orange and Black 'Zebras'!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I must say that my emotions are so heightened. I would so, trade places with Rain in a heartbeat.

goodshoes2goodshoes29 months ago

Thank you for being one heck of a writer.

tomol111tomol1119 months ago

Lovely romance!

ClockstopperClockstopper7 months ago

Beautiful. I loved it. Five stars.

Old_LionOld_Lion7 months ago

Another perfect story Randi, you are of the best! Also thank you for years of service working with other Authors honing their craft. From your 'handle' you were maybe born in the same year as me. Happy ahhh 45 th birthday.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

As I said in Part 1, 10 stars isn't even close. That story was simply wonderful!

willyk1212willyk12124 months ago

iff you ever write a book will you tell us you are great 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Certainly not your best, but a good read. We know the plot at the first paragraph which detracts from my expectations, which are really high.

6King6King3 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...