Breaking the Rules Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nuru picked up the pace after letting her catch her breath and giving the tremors time to settle.

"Mew!" she whined, countering his assault with some firm squeezes of her molten core, which quickly turned into a fluttering grip on his cock that drove him harder and deeper.

Nuru slammed into her with gleeful abandon, bringing their bodies together with a meaty slap that shook both of them from head to toe. Furaha entered a frantic state of almost-discomfort, unable to hold still and no idea what to do with herself; her limbs thrashed about, pushing and pulling and scratching and slapping seemingly at random, all to no apparent effect.

/Get ready, she's almost done again./

Nuru slowed for a moment to bite her lip. "Ready for my big finish?"

"F-fuck you. You haven't got it in you to finish me again," she panted, eyes rolling ecstatically.

/Put your fingers down there./

He reached down with a hand; it was very awkward trying to press in on her hood the way he normally thought of doing it, so he let the back of his middle finger dig into her with every thrust, and his other fingers pressed her lips in from either side. He put the other hand against the bed above her shoulder, and leaned in to bite her neck, trapping her head between his arm and his lusty face with his hot breath caressing her collarbone. She yelped, which turning into a long keening cry that accompanied a heavy flood of her juices that mixed with his as he roared with his own climax. Wet squishing noises went on for quite some time as they both came down to coherence. It took a few minutes, and he stayed mostly hard inside her, but her texture was slick and didn't give him enough stimulation to start him down the path of orgasm again.

"Guhhh. You've been holding out on me," Furaha said minutes later as her expression resolved itself from glassy-eyed to accusation.

"It's a new thing I'm trying; you're the first to experience the Nuru Massage. What do I win?" Nuru grinned, breathing heavily.

"Cuddle time," Furaha said with a silly voice, pulling him close on the bed, then noticing his frown of confusion. "Not what you expected?"

"No, though I'm not going to pass that up. I just remember there was something else about those maps."

"There is, but strictly speaking it's not for you. It's for her," Furaha said, tapping Nuru's temple.

"I've decided she's over here, for speaking purposes," Nuru said, patting his shoulder.

"A shoulder devil! Aahahaha you're so cute!" Furaha giggled, brushing the hair out of his face.

"Cute's not quite what I was going for, but I'll take it."

They paused for a few more minutes, catching their breaths. Furaha spoke first.

"They're actually all parts of one map. The start points all indicate the same entrance to a dungeon - a labyrinth, specifically. From there, they follow the path as reconstructed by adventurers who went there, based on their memories of it. This labyrinth is accessible somewhere on the world map, but where it is, and what it's for, has been lost to public knowledge. The further an adventurer gets, the better the prize. Now, rumor has it the High Factions have mapped out the interior quite thoroughly. From the sound of it, our Low Faction friends get distracted by something shiny, and then all they can remember when they leave is the one route they took, but I think it's just because nobody bothers to write down or carefully reconstruct their memories right away and it gets lost. Curiously, there is some magic which prevents the labyrinth from being entered twice by the same person. Or at least, they never remember anything new when they emerge, nor do they have any prize. Once in the labyrinth, they say, time stops outside, and so no matter what happens, you emerge just after you entered. Now, I know what you're thinking."

She held her hand palm-up towards him, prompting him to speak.

"Why not overlay these maps on top of each other and see what routes haven't been taken?"

"Exactly. And the reason is, tragic misfortune befalls anyone that tries. One does not simply walk into this labyrinth with an accurate map. That is, apparently, not the point of the challenge."

"But what if it exists only in my head? I bet I could-"

"Don't you do it. Others have thought the same. Their corpses are quite crispy to this day."

"Then what good is it to have a map?"

"Because you only have a little bit of time to run around and look; if you don't locate a prize, you leave with nothing. What we'll need to do is use inductive reasoning to determine which paths have not been trod - and discard the ones that have. Any one part of the map is safe, out here."

"Why would you show me those? Now I'm having trouble trying *not* to reconstruct-"

"I had to have something to pique your curiosity, and show you that we're making progress; bait for our game, legitimate enough to pass Sanaa's formidable bluff check. But who says I put them all in the correct orientation? That book binding's temporary- you won't know which turn is which until you get there, and see them for yourself. I don't even know yet, in fact - we'll have to compare them and see where they overlap."

"And why are we interested in this labyrinth, anyway?"

"There isn't much said overtly about it. It's quite secret, in fact, among every single one of the factions. That's interesting on its own, because normally there's a quest of some kind eventually made for almost everywhere on the World Map, but what really sells it for me is how critical this knowledge used to be considered. The archives where some of this was stored - it's for high-clearance only, usually. But they used some lower-level workers to clean out old records, make some room, get rid of some mold, and that tells me even some of the higher-ups may not know what it's for. It's almost criminal how little cost I acquired most of this for recently. Mostly, I have to admit, from my own faction. Don't tell anyone."

"You know I won't. What's the next move?"

"I won't burden you with the drudgery of my own tasks. Your best bet is to get with your Thief of Nyala and get her to bring you the empty layout that the High Factions have hidden away. They have the possible prizes all figured out too, but that's not what we're after, and the more detail it has the harder of a sell it's going to be. Once we have that, someone with a poor memory can be used to trace the routes and safely find - perhaps - the path never traveled. And then we'll have a set of directions for you. Not a map, but a decision guide. You let me handle that part."

"Katlego's not exactly sticking around to chat these days, although she does have some leeway in what she can use to try to get close to me, if I can get through to her again."

"I've been running her around for a bit chasing false sightings of you, and it's probably making her a bit testy, on top of Sanaa's compulsions. She's delegated it to someone - use them to get back to her, on your own terms. Give her the full succubus charm. Ace can follow them around if you can track them down."

"I follow so far. How goes your search for the page's secret boss?"

"I've got a lead on him, following up with a few people I know. I can spare Ace for a few days, if that's what you're getting at."

"Yes, it is. And we still need to find out where this labyrinth is. How am I going to ask her for this if I don't know how to describe it?"

"The High Factions won't let Katlego give away all the keys to the treasure box, but they will give her one of them to try to rope you in, and the layout map is the piece which I'm sure we can't lay our hands on anywhere else, so that's the part we'll get from her. For the other- we will need to rely on your new friends, as we find them. Which brings me to my next topic: Tatenda wants to meet. He has an actual trade for you this time."

"Where at?"

"Diamond Metropolis. Here are the directions."

The description followed a number of back alleys and small streets.

"Man. This isn't shady at all..."

Furaha shrugged. "This is how he usually does business. Wants to make sure you're not followed, get a feel for who he's dealing with. He should have a bit more of an idea now, but I'm not surprised he wants to make a full assessment."

"I see. This is a test. Why didn't you arrange this last time?"

"I thought I did. Usually, he's not there in person - usually somebody's sitting around waiting to make contact with someone asking about him, and they send them over to wherever he's at where this all takes place, and I did not expect him in Onyx Township, honestly. He never mentioned why he was, but it's more a formality, and a favor to you. We wouldn't want anyone following you and exposing your friends when you've just met them. They've definitely got people in every big city watching for you."

"Alright. So. Diamond Metro..."

"The unofficial major forward hub these last few years, officially declared just recently. Areas suited to Level Twenty and up all around, and not too far from the last Expansion Zone. But you know that, I'm sure."

"Sure, I do. You can skip ahead to the interesting parts."

"No need to be snippy, I don't know exactly how much you know - so sometimes I've got to start with the parts I'm sure you know and work my way down, at least in brief. Stop me when you need some clarification. Everybody's got some kind of presence there, even Tumelo I'm betting; Brotherhood of Masego made their HQ there some time ago, but the Sage Society has moved out closer to the Expansion Zone, and that means they're preparing to move everything. Tatenda's actually Order of the White Lily, believe it or not; he's no healer, but healers aren't technically limited to the White Lily, and White Lily isn't just for healers, either, despite what you might hear. So he's got a space down in Adisa's part of town where he can block off alleyways and such with relatively little effort, if need be, and multiple viewing angles from which to have others make observations of anyone coming in."

"Are you... absolutely certain it's safe to continue meeting here?"

Furaha sighed. "I was hoping this wouldn't be a problem for awhile. But you're right, I'm being selfish. You'll need to move around and not just keep coming back to one place."

"Well maybe quit sandbagging and get yourself transferred. Let me know if I can help."

"You can, but- I'll need Dayo first. I need some muscle to help with the page situation. Can you ask them to help?"

"You're getting along well enough, I bet I can. Matter of fact, they have their own investigation that could use your expertise. I think you two need to discuss something."

"Honestly, anything less a reaver in the Chosen ranks doesn't interest me."

Nuru stared at her, trying to decide what to say, but something must have tipped her intuition.

"Shit! There really is one?! I heard rumors of it as a desperate preservation plan but I didn't think they'd actually be that stupid. One of the more respectable factions, I always thought. How did you get involved?"

"Bastard all but conscripted me into the faction the other day, very politely."

Furaha blinked, processing this information quickly. "Who? And, what, he just came out and told you he was dead?"

"Let's just say Tusa's got a better nose than any of us. I... am not sure I should say who. I kinda have a nondisclosure agreement. I may have said too much already, but since I was personally involved and didn't ask for it I feel like it's a gray area."

"Dangerous forces are preparing for something, and the implications are dire. The Rules are being tested, and I don't mean a little bending like you did, I mean heading towards open defiance. Many lives hang in the balance. Do you trust me, Nuru? I won't act without careful consideration, you have my word."

"Chibale."

She hissed in recognition. "A powerful foe, and a scandal to outshine yours at his level. Don't say anything else until I speak with Dayo about it."

"Will you tell them I told you?"

"If they ask directly, but I suspect we will have other topics to discuss more urgently. It may not come up, and if it does, I'll be sure to explain why I needed to know, and how I can help. I'm not trying to hide anything here, we just need to stay focused. If we stop to trade every little bit of gossip we're not going to get anything done."

Nuru gulped. "I hope I don't regret this. Alright, do as you must, and I will do as well."

"Gods above. Trust, and true friendship. If only my mother could see me now," Furaha hugged him, with tears in her eyes.

He returned it. "You should go see her," he said. "I bet she worries about you."

"Pff. Like I'd subject myself to that judgment all over again."

"She's not a bad person."

"What makes you say that? You don't know her like I do."

"She told me where you were. She's keeping track of you, she cares about you, and she was happy to hear about you helping me."

"You... what? How could you talk to her? She never leaves Home Town."

"Through an intermediary. Just um... don't go into too much detail about who I am if you ask."

"Come on, you think I'm an amateur?"

"I'm just saying don't assume her facts about me and yours agree."

"You lied to her, but you want me to treat her as family again?"

"Take it from me, you have family, don't take them for granted. Anyway, I just told her a few true things, and then let her make assumptions she wanted to be true."

"Like you did with Ace, when he told you about me."

"He told you that?"

"You think you're so clever you're the only one that can exploit a character flaw to get information?"

"I suppose not."

"...yes, he told me," Furaha said with a wry smile. "And if he hadn't, you did just now."

"Damn! Now you did it to me!" Nuru smacked his forehead.

She winked at him. "I only got away with that since your confidence can waver around people you trust. But it made total sense after he told me, I could see how he'd fall for it too. He's quite exuberant sometimes, get him to lower his guard in one of a few ways and hit one of the topics he's passionate about and he'll just open right up without thinking. Fortunately, the list of things that lower his guard is quite small, and it only works if he's frustrated about making professional progress. I don't think he's going to have that problem much anymore."

"Great. Sanaa, what do you think about all that?"

/I think we've got our work cut out for us, but it's a good start. Excellent work./

"Sounds like she's impressed," Nuru said.

Furaha lit up, and had trouble hiding it.

/Gods, I could just eat her up./

"Yeah, me too," Nuru muttered. "Again."

"What's that?" Furaha gloated.

"Oh, just giving myself complete credit for everything you've done, like a typical man," Nuru teased.

She kicked him.

"Ow! Don't make me dick you down again, woman."

"Hmph. If I'm making you, doesn't that mean I'm the one in charge?"

"I- grr. You watch yourself. I'll make you wait longer for that big O next time."

"Then I'll win the contest. Fine by me," she cackled sadistically.

"Oh, we'll see about that. My dick really is that special. You'll be singing to my drumbeat again before you know it."

"I'll believe that when I see it."

Moments slipped by as they stared each other down before Nuru grabbed at her and kissed her, which she returned just as aggressively.

"Go see Tatenda, and get back to me," Furaha said as their greedy lips slowed. "And do something about that drum. Paint it, put it in a loot bag, whatever. It sticks out like a bad accent."

"OK, I'll figure something out. I trade you Dayo for Ace, starting tomorrow?"

"If I'm persuasive enough."

"Hah. 'If', she says. See you tomorrow."

"Not sleeping at the hut tonight?"

"No offense, I've got my own place now."

"Aw. Well, next time you want to wake up to a rain of fists again, you let me know," Furaha said with a wry smile.

"You'll be the first one I ask," Nuru rolled his eyes.

*****

"Hey Ace," Nuru said, picking through his scrolls.

He wanted to separate them out, but leaving them in the open was asking for them to get rained on and destroyed, so they remained in the chest with the broken lock.

"Nuru. Furaha says you're up to no good again."

"Honestly, I'm not sure where it is on the moral scale yet."

"Even more fun," Ace said, grinning. "I'm willing to party with you, but you better wrap it up by early evening. That's when Ekene and I get together."

"Every single day? I mean, I get it, but-"

"Just so we're clear up front. You'll know when it's time. Adventures fit into neat little time slots, right? Don't they?"

"Right, just like people fit into neat little archetypes and never have trouble picking a faction, or a sexuality."

"Hah! Point. But seriously, try to get me back before it's too late. I can smoke travel if I need to, although it costs more the longer the distance it takes me."

"I thought you said they're always expensive."

"They are, if you're a penny pincher like me."

"Like all thieves, who don't have a mermaid to lavishly show off for."

"You just wait until you actually fall in love. You'll see, it's the best thing in the world to spend money on."

"Pff. I'm just a man whore," Nuru grunted, strutting overexaggeratedly. "Never gonna fall in love."

Ace sighed. "I'm sorry I called you that, won't happen again. I might have been bitter about being constantly misunderstood as an asexual, but I shouldn't have taken it out on you. We cool?"

"Yeah."

Nuru finished hemming and hawing about scrolls to bring, and they set off.

"You know, you should probably bind those scrolls into the parchment book you've got. Save you a bunch of bulk on the road."

"I'm going to, just as soon as I start making my own scrolls."

"And when are you planning on doing that?"

"When I get a few days to breathe, I guess. No idea when that's going to happen."

"Ah. So, for concern over my own safety, I have to ask... how are you planning on dealing with Katlego? Somebody's bound to figure out her compulsion and slip her an antidote. She's not working completely alone, you know. Furaha believes in you, and Dayo too. I think they might be a little blind because of their infatuation with you, but I'm not."

"You got a proposal, or are you just complaining?"

"I would think you, of all people, would know there's not just two choices for every decision. But if you must put it in those terms, then I'm complaining that she needs you alive but not me. I'm not helpless by any means, but I hope you appreciate the risk I'm taking for you. I'd say take more care with her, travel with more people and such, but as a thief I can tell you that getting around defenses is what we do best. Be sure of the necessity before you go making us both vulnerable, is what I'm really trying to say."

"She needs me alive more than she needs you, but she really needs me dead more, too. She won't pursue if you turn tail at some point."

"Unless her pride requires her to destroy me, professionally if not my very life, to send a message. Women can be vindictive like that. You saw how she was when I first met her."

"I know, you've got something to lose now. I'm not asking you to die for me, just... keep your eyes open. Don't risk yourself more than you're comfortable with, and do me the favor of letting me know up front. I'll let you know where I stand in return."

"You realize honesty and openness goes against everything I am as a thief."

"But you're High Faction. So it's not like you're 'chaotic evil' as they say."

"Chaotic neutral, then."

"You're a liar, is what you are. Ekene's a nice person, an innocent person. You wouldn't like her so much if you were really chaotic."

"How would you know? You don't speak her tongue. Click click."