Breaking the Rules Pt. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"With relish," Dayo said. "We're going together, though."

"Yeah, of course. At least as far as the Level Eleven gate."

Arm in arm, Nuru and Furaha all but skipped their way out of town and down the road towards Home Town. They crossed the gate threshold and Furaha sighed.

"What's the matter?" Nuru said.

"Oh, nothing." Furaha looked resigned.

"That didn't sound like nothing."

"I just don't want to dampen your spirits after what happened earlier."

"Well unfortunately you're going to freak me out if you don't share. Besides, that's not how we operate, you know that."

"I know. Just pay no attention to me. This feels like some kind of victory, and I want you to enjoy it as such, but it feels hollow to me. We're really no closer to our goals, by coming back into Home Town."

"I can get rid of this accursed ring," Nuru said.

"Well, sure. That might make things more comfortable. But it's not like you want to use the Travel Service now anyway."

"You mad because someone stuck it to the Rules Lawyers, and it wasn't you?"

"...I guess maybe a little bit. Is that petty of me? You know I'm not trying to shut out competition for your attention, right?"

"No, you've never had a problem with anyone I've been with, that I know of."

"I think it's more a point of professional pride. Getting you out of Home Town was *my* job. I brought people in to help, but it was my responsibility. And someone else jumped in and cleaned up the mess I left, with the restriction on you going back. You know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I know. But you could look at it as, she did you a favor."

"More a favor for you than me."

"But she freed you up to help me with other things that make more difference. She did the cleanup so you could do the real work."

She smiled. "Yeah, I guess I can accept that. So what's the plan out here? Waste a day celebrating your dramatic return?"

"How is it wasting? We have a good place to plan our next move, away from City of the Damned which wasn't safe anymore I'm sure. I need to get to The Glitch next. And now you have a place to be, where I can come visit again."

"But this is nowhere near The Glitch, it's not a good staging area for that trip."

"Well then, let's discuss a better place."

They debated various places on the World Map for awhile. Finally they reached Nuru's patch of prarie land, with the gated fence.

"Home sweet home," Nuru said.

"Hmm. Pretty nice location. I can see why you liked it."

"Missing a few things. Bed. Giant tub." Nuru winked. "But there's one thing we can add right now."

"What's that?"

"Close your eyes. Stay right here."

"Umm. Okay..."

Nuru dropped his pack and slipped away to meet Dayo, who he spied carrying a basket their direction. "Here. Carry the bottle, I'll take the rest," Nuru said, motioning for the valkyrie to stay quiet.

"Where'd you go Nuru, I'm starting to get-" Furaha called out.

"Surprise! We're having a picnic!" Nuru grinned.

Furaha's eyes flew open and she took in the basket of food, and the bottle in Dayo's hand. She sniffled.

"Something wrong?"

"No! No... it's perfect. I never would have expected this."

"Pop the top, Dayo!"

The valkyrie wasted no time.

"!Fashewar Asiri!" The Arcane Blast sheared the top of the bottle straight off, which flew into the distance, taking the seal with it.

"Cups are in the basket. Don't let any of this go to waste, now." Dayo grinned, took a swig off the end, and poured for them as Nuru got the cups out.

"You could have used a cup, you barbarian!" Furaha protested.

"Yeah, but just think. If you kiss each other after drinking some, now you might each taste a little bit of me." Dayo winked. "Bye kids! Have fun!"

"Cheeky bitch. Or whatever the non-binary equivalent is," Furaha muttered.

"You're blushing," Nuru pointed out.

"So are you."

"Gotta admit, that was kinda hot."

" 'Kinda hot', he says," Furaha groaned, pulling his hand under her skirt to rub her vulva. "Read my lips: that was an understatement."

Nuru felt the flood of moisture leaking out, and grinned. "Cheers."

"Cheers!"

They knocked cups and drained them, then drank each other in with a deep kiss.

She bit his lip. "I want you."

He took that as a cue to help her out of her dress, and she helped him out of his shirt and pants. He lay down next to the basket, and she climbed on top of him, breaking off bread to dip it in the soup, and took turns feeding herself and Nuru. This took the edge off of their hunger, and they sated their lust on each other sweetly and gently, as Nuru let her enter an almost meditative state while slowly riding him. Nuru took the time to appreciate the gorgeous woman on top of him, skin glistening in the sunlight, husky moans pouring from her delicate mouth, and the adorable shakes as wave after wave of pleasure rocked her nerves from head to toe, feeding his own intense toe-curling sensations. He tweaked her nipples now and then for a little extra pitch in her squeals, and to make her quim grip him more firmly. After she'd coaxed out his orgasm and had several of her own, they turned back to the food and finished the delicious meal of a hearty chicken soup, herb bread, and a couple small creamy cheese pastries. That it had all gotten slightly cool by then didn't bother either of them even a little bit.

Nuru moaned lightly.

"What?" she said, searching his face.

"Could this day get any better? I'm not sure how."

"We could add a little bit of planning to take over the world."

He laughed. "Alright, time to get down to business I guess."

"Besides, the sun's nice but if I don't put clothes on now I'm going to burn."

"Aw."

"Hey, you want me naked out here, put up a roof."

"Noted!"

Furaha stopped Nuru dressing long enough to kiss him again, and look him deep in the eyes.

"I love you, Nuru," she said softly.

"I love you too."

"You- you're not just saying it because I said it, are you? I'm not expecting anything. I just... wanted you to know."

"No, but... I might be compensating for something. I'll be honest, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing when it comes to love. That's more of a High Faction principle isn't it?"

"High Faction recruiters everywhere would cheer to hear you say that. It belongs to all of us, Nuru, not just the 'good guys'," Furaha made air quotes using a sarcastic tilt of her head at the appropriate moments.

"OK. But I'm just saying... I do love you, and I'll be happy to own up to that, but that's as much as I know how to do. I'll put the effort in, but I don't know how to do right by you, or anyone else, with the way I want to live. "

"You have feelings for Zula, don't you?"

"I don't know, maybe; she's definitely attractive, and it's hard not to see her in a good light after she's done such a big favor for me. I mean, even if I don't feel for her still, I don't think I'm a one-woman guy."

"You don't say."

Nuru turned away, stung by the harshness in her voice.

"Sorry," she hugged him, and kissed his cheek. "That came out harder than I meant it to. I have lots of feelings, buried hopes bubbling up from where I ditched them long ago, and it's hard to feed that knowing you have history with someone else. Refill?"

"Yeah."

Furaha kept talking as she emptied the bottle into their cups.

"But I do know one thing," she continued. "I've tried being with ordinary men, and it never worked for long. I'm becoming convinced it never could, and even if I don't know how to do this, I'll be working right along with you to figure it out. I mean, here we are, kissing with the taste of someone else on both our lips-"

They kissed again, giggling at each other.

"-and I don't have a script for this, any more than you do. The bards don't sing the songs of people who do that, and make it very long with respect intact."

"Well maybe someday soon, there's one that will." He smirked, looking off into the distance.

She smiled at him, brushing his hair tenderly. "I hope I live to hear that."

"Let's do more than hope. How are we getting me to The Glitch?"

"This would be easier if we could include Sanaa directly, but I feel like we only just got you allowed back in here, we probably shouldn't get you kicked out for summoning her again. Let's wait at least a week," she added dryly.

"We'll have to use the secondary way to tell her... oh. Poop."

"What?"

"I'm supposed to announce it before I go do sexy things, so she can watch."

"Pff, she's a demon. Just tell her we were being all sweet and innocent over here, she'll forgive you."

"Heh. Maybe. Heyyyyy, pact-mate! How's it going?" Nuru poked the succubus.

/Let me guess - yep, she's got that radiant glow, you totally forgot to tell me before you got down and dirty./

"Don't be like that. I was doing you a favor, we were being sweet and loving and all those disgusting things."

/I swear, you summon me again, I'm taking you over my knee for this. You'll like it though, I promise./

Nuru laughed. "Someone's in a good mood. So what's the plan for The Glitch? How do I get inside?"

"I haven't been able to learn much about the terrain, or anything about defenses, so I can't help you there," Furaha said. "What I do know is that Jabu's got people constantly coming and going, particularly from his HQ up in Mount Basalt. She said if you approach from that side you'll have a better chance."

"So let me get this straight. I'm supposed to go there right where there are more cultists coming and going?"

/I'm not saying team up with them, but they'll be able to find the safe paths through the defenses. As long as you're not threatening them, they should leave you alone./

"Leave me alone... I don't see why they would do that. What aren't you telling me?"

/Look, it's complicated, alright? You do your part, I'll do mine. Besides, the defenses are different every time they activate; you'll have to be ready for anything. I'll be there to guide you as best I can when the time comes./

Nuru dragged his fingers down his face. "Fiiiine. What else?"

/Let me know when you're set to arrive. We'll set the defenses off, and let it run overnight. In the morning, the Cult should have gotten a good start on marking the path, and you should go in at first light, before anybody else gets there. 'The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.' Don't be the third mouse, either./

"Nngh. Did she explain all this to you?" Nuru said.

"More or less. I take it you didn't get full details either," Furaha said.

Nuru explained it.

"Yep, that's about what I got. Alright, so north side of The Glitch, first thing in the morning. You know what? I'm doing something crazy. I sent the fake Nuru with Ace and Dayo, and they're going to be laying wards to drive off ghouls at various places along the route that you can use later; nobody will be expecting you to go that way following your own decoy. We'll mark the stops on the map, and all you have to do is make it from one to the next during the day, and sleep there at night. You'll have Tusa to help with any Random Encounters along the way. You let Sanaa know when you reach the last one, and she starts the spinning blades up and whatever else. Sound like a plan?"

"Send a fake 'me' here to Home Town to keep everybody guessing, too. Since I'm allowed back here, I'm probably expected to show up. I don't know that the word's gotten out properly yet, but it's only a matter of time."

"I thought about that. Although, that being the case you probably need to get out of here before the rest of the nutcases that don't care about no-PvP Rules show up. Head up to Onyx Township and we'll have the directions ready by the time you get there."

Nuru sighed. "No rest for the wicked."

/You got that right./

"And Nuru... thank you. This was a wonderful surprise."

*****

He spent the night again with Mesi and Dayo. He didn't mind that they woke up several times in the night feeling frisky, and he was tired in the morning from listening to them.

"Sorry about that," Mesi said.

Dayo couldn't even look him in the eye.

"Hey, no sweat," Nuru said. "Actually, that's incorrect, it sounded like a lot of sweat - my point is, I am loving my life right now, where you're concerned. Seriously, don't apologize, I'm thanking you. Be good to each other, and you'll be doing me two favors."

"Ahem. So, Tusa's ready to go?" Dayo said.

"I hope so, I'm calling him right now."

"Give 'em hell up there, Nuru," Mesi said, hugging him.

"You know it. A special, sexy kind of hell, I admit. They won't be expecting that!"

Mesi giggled. "No, probably not!"

Tusa showed up before they even reached the Gate.

"!Fassada Girma! Got all the best routes figured out already?" Nuru said.

[Father was brief. We thought you might have need of me before too long. Trouble finds you once you leave our sight, we've both noticed.]

Nuru rolled his eyes. "Why does everyone act like I need a babysitter."

"You do!" Dayo said, the same time as Tusa replied.

[You do.]

They looked at each other and Dayo burst out laughing at the same time the lyena screeched with his own grating mirth.

"No, what I need are co-conspirators. And no, I don't mean-"

Dayo whacked him on the butt, and Tusa walked in front of him so that he ran straight into the feliform as he reflexively jerked at the impact of the valkyrie's hand.

"-ack! Let me finish! I don't mean conspiring AGAINST me!"

"Aw, come on, you know we're on your side. Just gotta keep you on your toes!" Dayo snickered.

Nuru sighed. "You guys are the best. Seriously, I appreciate every single one of my true friends. Both of you, and Mesi, and Furaha."

/I don't count. Demons don't have friends, remember./

(Right, of course not. I intentionally left you out, so you wouldn't be offended.)

Nuru hoped the sarcasm came across in his inner voice as well as he meant.

/None taken. Incidentally, I'm making my first home invasion - I mean, uh, diplomatic house call - this evening. Someone's got a Respec Potion I'm going to need, and the EXP won't hurt either. You expecting to need your mana?/

(Not much; I have scrolls now. I think I'll be fine.)

/We need to refill on those when you've got a chance. I've got a line on the full summons we're going to need./

(Awesome! I don't want to know how you managed that, do I?)

/No, but you need to know anyway. Your old pal Abimbola is going to make a trade for us, since you can make scrolls. He wants to make a set of four, where he gets to keep one./

(Oh. Well that's alright I guess, even if he is a Clubber.)

/That simple? I was worried that- you know what, nevermind./

Nuru pondered for a minute.

(Oh shit. He wants to be able to do a full summon of *you*!)

/Should have kept my mouth shut./

(You're OK with that!? You'll be completely at his mercy!)

/Whom will be at whose mercy, now?/

(He's got a captive succubus already. He knows what he's doing.)

/Funny, that's exactly what one of my latest dick dolls thought, before I broke him. I haven't even been calling out the levels to you as I've been getting them, mortal. Even if he's got cages and wards - I am confident he is unprepared for a demon such as myself./

Fuck, Nuru thought privately to himself, hoping it didn't carry through the connection. Just how strong had she become?

(Uh... any new spells I should know about?)

/Nothing yet, but let me know if you need something and I'll 'go shopping'. Try not to be needy, I do need that EXP cost for the levels, remember. Right now anything I need I can borrow from my army of thralls. For once, I don't have to do everything myself! I could get used to this./

(Good to know.)

A small part of him was terrified, though. She had a new confidence and assertiveness to her, and he worried that she might overstep herself - she was growing at an incredible pace, and she didn't have time for her moral and philosophical attitudes to adjust to it. He wasn't sure how to solidify the hard-won progress he and Dayo had achieved in bringing her to the consent principle. He'd have to step carefully with her now.

"Alright, here we go. You've got to go with my body double and keep up appearances for me, don't forget."

"I know, it's important, but I can't..."

"Can't what?"

"He's just happy to be alive at the end of an encounter. He doesn't get excited when I pull off a cool finisher like you do."

"Well tell him to get on that, he's being unrealistic. Somebody won't be fooled."

"I'm already not fooled."

"And by excited you mean...?" Nuru teased.

Dayo blushed. "Hey, I like being lusted after when expressing my bad-assery, can you blame me!?"

"Need a little dick for that bad ass?" he smirked.

"If only there was time," the necromancer lamented.

"Hmm..."

(Can you buy that genital detachment spell yet?)

/Sorry. Archdemon exclusive, still. Believe me, I'd be on that in an instant, it'd pay for itself real quick. Soon, though.../

"Damn," Nuru muttered. "Well, someday soon, you'll be able to literally take my dick on the road."

"Looking forward to it," Dayo giggled.

The valkyrie turned, hugged him, kissed him, and whirled away, quickly vanishing in the direction of the travel service.

"Well, here we go. Limited scrolls for the moment, so I guess I'd better do native cast only, and sparingly for my mana.!Kafa Mara Nauyi!"

He considered getting his drum out, and pacing himself with Musical Trance, but decided the increase to his visibility would be detrimental even with the stamina boost. The gods only knew if even the healers, traditionally neutral in most respects, would even help him if they could after his stunt in Whitegarden. No, he had to move, but he had to do so in secret. He followed the road insofar as it went in the direction he meant to go; when it didn't, he followed Tusa, and then cut around the outskirts of big cities, taking farm roads and cutting straight through crop fields. The decoys had taken the regular roads and been highly visible; he hoped they hadn't made too much distance for him to keep up with.

*****

"Well, look who it is," the voice whispered. "Just couldn't stay away, could you?"

Nuru couldn't see her fully with the veil over her eyes; something glistened underneath it, but it wasn't clear enough for Entrancement. Lucky for him. The veil had a lace pattern that matched her gown, clearly designed for a vampiress just like her; possibly, her in particular.

"Hi Lesedi. I was just passing by, figured I'd make a little social call. Unless you're afraid of a bit of scandal."

"Don't be insulting," she spat, then turned and crooked her finger, voice turning to a velvet in his ears. "Afraid? You know I live for subverting established norms."

"You like a little role-reversal?" he teased, certain that she could hear him grinning even with her back turned.

"What did you have in mind?"

"Normally it's the vampire that has to ask permission to enter. Your wards, I remember well, don't like me."

She made a low chuckle deep in her throat. "You'd like them dismissed, I take it."

"I'd appreciate that. I'm afraid I won't be entering otherwise."

"Mistress? Who..." the new voice inside trailed off. "You!"

In a flash, Lesedi disappeared, and there was a stirring of the air indicating some motion, but Nuru couldn't see a thing happening. The ward flashed, and everything went still.

"Well. That solves that, then. Come in, quickly now," Lesedi said, breathing heavily for the first time Nuru could recall.

Nuru stepped inside, expecting to see Katlego after hearing her voice but finding no sign of her. He stepped past the ward permanently etched into the floor, before some timeout expired and the lines flashed as it powered up again.

"I take it you last parted on less than ideal terms," Lesedi purred.