Breaking the Rules Pt. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dayo threw the abused ballsack to her and stepped a little closer, falling automatically into the protector role, and appeared surprised when their staff grew some chains and spikey balls, turning it into a two-handed flail instead of a scythe.

Sanaa held the testes over the panting archangel. "Shall I put it back? Or do you want to?"

"Just- give it to me. I'll do it."

"Your loss, I was going to make up that pain for you as only a succubus can. One-time offer. No? Very well."

She dropped it, and the angel slipped his organ back under his belt into position, where it apparently stuck right back where it belonged and stayed. He got up and leaped into the air, hurling threats an octave higher than before as he flew away; Sanaa ignored him.

"As I was saying, anyone who interferes with Faction business will get a stern and possibly humiliating punishment, depending on how much shame you have, and how egregious the offense. I will be moving the entrance to this place very soon, and it's not the only one anyway, so just forget about setting up traps and other nonsense. I am a goddess and I will be treated as such. Oh, that reminds me; everyone make a note of the letters G and S. Henceforth today, that stands for three things: G Spot, Great Sex, and Goddess Sanaa. This is not an accident, and if you have any question about the connection there - why, just come by and ask, no subject is taboo. That is all!"

She turned about and waved at Nuru and Dayo to follow. "Come, we've got a celebration to plan. How would Mesi like to run a food table for me?"

*****

EPILOGUE

One week later at dusk, Nuru made his way to the former Chosen HQ main hall, much fuller than he'd ever seen it before, the canopy overhead giving it a much softer, less dungeon-inspired feeling.

"...and you can't have sex with harpies, because they lay eggs you see - they haven't got the parts for it," a dwarvish ranger was explaining to an elf standing next to him.

"There you are," Nuru said, grinning at Dayo, who was standing lost in thought.

"Mm? Oh, Nuru!" the blackguard said, startled.

"You OK?" Nuru said.

"Yeah, just... this is a lot of people. It's a little overwhelming."

"For me too, and I like being around people. Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, please do, it might take my mind off of all this."

"How's Gram's kid doing?"

"Oh, his grand... relative. Well. It's tough as you would expect; I don't know many people who don't have trouble with growing up. But it seems like Jaheem's helping a lot, and I've talked to them a bit."

" 'Them', huh?"

"The kid's still young; there's just so much a person doesn't know about themselves, even after becoming an adult. My own journey was an exploration, and I think I'm just now getting my own identity figured out. For a kid - what I say is, I mean, I told them this - don't limit yourself," Dayo tripped over their own tongue briefly, blushing. "Especially since they were a bit conflicted about everything. They liked hearing about me being non-binary. So then, some friends in the Spectrum had a few things to say about the situation, who helped Ace with his whole asexual situation, remember? They said, and I agree, that he probably should try out all the different options before settling on one. Live as a man, see how that feels. Live as a woman, see how THAT works for them, most importantly with full emotional support. The label that specifically came up was 'gender-fluid'. One day to the next, they can just go with whatever's working for them. But there's a tough road ahead just based on their racial makeup. So maybe they do want to present as a male, because it's still a man's world for a few years until our sexy squad makes a bigger splash on the world stage. But then again, kiddo's got the parts of a woman, and we haven't got a good way to change that, even if they decide that's how they want to live; right now they're using 'he' and 'them'. Maybe our goddess will find a way to make the outsides match the insides, but there's a lot to try to work on in the world, we've just got to make the best of what we've got for the moment. Oh, speaking of Her Lustiness, I think it's time."

Goddess Sanaa made her grand entrance in minimalist but very expensive jewelry, and not much else.

"Gosh, all of you randy fuckers came here to see me! You had so many quests you could have been doing, but instead you are all here. Nuru, take notes, I want you to remember all of these faces for me, there will be favors given. Welcome, welcome! Have a drink and get comfortable."

"Three cheers for the new goddess!" a thief said, raising a cup. The small crowd roared approvingly, rising to their feet despite all the fine rugs and pillows on the floor.

"Thank you, thank you, but hold on," the goddess said. "There will be plenty of celebrating soon enough, save your lips and throats and other parts for those festivities. First, I have some serious business, pay close attention. The reason I am giving favors to you all is that you have, whether you realize it or not, taken a great risk in simply being here. You know that premarital sex, multiple partners, especially all at the same time - these and more wonderful intimate acts have been shamed, ridiculed, and otherwise discouraged with prejudice. I intend to change that, but it will not happen elsewhere quickly, nor without a fight, and very likely several of you here today will die because of it. Understand that your sacrifice will not go ignored or unappreciated. And so I will see to it that a token of my appreciation will go with you when you leave. With that said, I am pleased to turn to happier topics; such as, it is traditional for a goddess to have an altar. And believe me, there's going to be a bed worthy of the name - but that's not where my Faction will be doing its leveling up, at least exclusively. For the time being, since we're seeing such backlash, my altar will not be in one place, but will travel; my archons will fill this role with their bodies."

There was a murmer of surprise.

"Can you do that?" someone said.

"I'm a goddess. I can do anything I want. Speaking of that, Nuru, step forward."

He stepped up, fidgeting nervously.

"As a goddess, it would be improper for me to be pacted with such a balance of power with a mortal. I no longer require your mana, and I can now dissolve pacts at any time."

Something popped inside him as she touched his forehead, and he drooped, mouth falling open in shock with everyone else's. All the spells he'd come to rely on, aside from his simple Bard magic, were gone.

"I told you I was on your side as long as it suited my purposes. Well, it no longer does; however, joining my faction is another kind of pact. Will you, instead, be on MY side?"

"What are your terms?" Nuru gulped, starting to stand up straight again.

"You think I'd do you wrong? It's not like I tried to kill you or any of your friends," she giggled. She turned aside and said in a loud stage whisper, "In case you all couldn't guess, I actually did!"

Nervous chuckles came all around. Dayo flushed at the memory of learning the succubus's intention of being a sacrifice for the success of the Ascension - and while the blackguard had insisted that it would have been worth doing, everyone was happy that it had not been necessary after all.

"But you've come through for me in some of my darkest hours, and I have every reason to show that I treat my friends well," she continued.

"I just want to be sure I understand what you're offering," he said, grinning sheepishly.

"It just so happens I need archons to serve as conduits for distributing our Faction abilities, and there's a very high-level opening in the heirarchy which I want filled immediately. The traditional high archon duties will be ceremonial, ritualistic - and I'm sure you can help me devise some rituals that will appeal to the right people. My other archons will be able to empower faction members extensively, but you are one of my ambassadors to the world at large, and are expected to comport yourself in accordance with the highest Faction values. You will not be alone in this, but I believe you understand me well enough to speak on my behalf, to forge alliances and trade agreements, and I will grant you the honor of bestowing my Faction abilities on others by delegation if not directly. I'll need you to help recruit more representatives to reach out, particularly to the youth of Home Town where we will need to draw new members starting immediately. Fortunately, they're horny teenagers, so I foresee our numbers growing quickly, particularly the women whom we can empower in more ways than one. We will need experienced leaders as well, so be on the lookout for disenfranchised members of other factions to hire on as consultants and teachers. They may not all be able to officially join us, but I'm sure they'll find our perks quite gratifying, if you know what I mean."

"I'm in," Nuru said.

"Excellent!" she held out a glowing golden pact.

Nuru scanned it, and accepted.

"I should mention, this was partially just a formality, as you were already inducted to my faction due to your... sponsorship. Additionally, all judgments against you, such as party restrictions are lifted. Now, as for my other officers-" she continued.

"I demand to be the first!" a voice called.

The crowd gasped. A woman stepped forward.

"You've got quite some ovaries on you," the goddess said, turning her back. "Nuru, your duties begin right this moment, deal with this for me."

"Zula, this had better be good," Nuru said darkly. "If you could have just waited-"

"Oh, it's good all right. I want to join your faction, and I want to be one of those other representatives."

"That's a lot to ask. I like you and all, but I can't let feelings get in the way of Faction business."

"You owe me, mister. Big Favor. I'm calling it in," she pulled it out for all to see. "You're a high archon now, that gives me a lot of pull."

"You're Order of the White Lily. You think Adisa will be releasing you to join? It's never done."

"We're the diplomats- always working with others to bring peace. If I know him at all, Adisa will appreciate having someone on the inside, someone that has your ear, and your goddess's, whether I'm officially his or not. I think we can help each other, both factions. Yes, if we work together and you show your confidence in me, I think the Order will come to some agreement, particularly knowing they've alienated me with what they tried to do to you at Whitegarden. Maybe not right away, but eventually they'll come around. Collaborations between Factions are not unprecedented; Adisa and Mamad both have treaties with others. And by all the gods, and especially you Most Exalted, I want Nuru to demonstrate with me what it means to be a woman in this brave new world, because it sounds amazing."

"So, it seems you've found a way to catch me after all. You realize the implications of working for an ascended succubus, for both of us," Nuru said with a wry grin.

"I know, I'm not asking for an exclusive arrangement. But I'll be damned if I let you get away again."

"I'd be delighted to have you. Most Exalted?" Nuru said, asking for confirmation.

"Will you, here and now, publicly consummate your bond with him?" the goddess purred, turning back to face her, fingers wriggling with excitement.

"Claim him unequivocally? If it please you," Zula said, fighting not to grin. "We medics aren't known for our sense of modesty."

"I thought you might be suggesting a performative role, yes. If it please him to orgasm, then I am too," the goddess giggled.

Zula started slowly undressing, making a show of it. The crowd cheered hesitantly, in shock.

(Probably because sex out in public is so taboo...) Nuru thought.

"You heard your goddess. Lose the pants," Zula said.

"I do not wish to pause my pronouncements, however. You two get warmed up and we'll follow along. Take your time!" Goddess Sanaa said, grinning. She waited before Zula and Nuru started kissing, to continue. "Now, as I was saying, there are going to be some changes here; we'll not condone shaming, or abuse. Abuse, to be clear, is improper violation of a person's social, emotional, or physical space and possessions. I and my representatives will be the sole judges of exactly what is proper until further notice, but the central idea is what I've decided to call 'informed consent'. If you're interested in someone, but they're not interested or they're uncomfortable, promptly back off and give them space, even if they're changing their mind after already having agreed to doing something specific. Speaking of which, Katlego, Ace, you're being quite rude. Cease that immediately."

All eyes turned to where Dayo was pointing a hawk spectre ready to launch, and two figures popped into view, failing to continue hiding under the scrutiny. Katlego was struggling to hold her bow steady in Nuru's direction, and tears we streaming down her face; Ace, meanwhile was attempting to keep the arrow from nocking on the bowstring.

"You heard her, knock it off," Ace said through gritted teeth.

"Go away, I'm making the hardest decision of my life," Katlego said softly, sniffling. "Considering I worked so hard to gain the favor of an archangel, only one thing I had left to do, but you disgraced him in front of the world, and I failed repeatedly to complete my final quest. Do I still want him? Is he worthy of me anymore? Am I worthy of him anymore? I don't know, but I'm never getting this chance again!"

"Please reconsider," Zula said, slipping free of Nuru but standing in the line of any arrow shot.

"I have no quarrel with you," Katlego said. "Stand aside. This is old business."

"Prior faction business, I know," Zula replied. "But I'm afraid I can't let you hurt him."

"A moment, if I may. Lesedi, of the Spectrum, at your service. May I approach?" A high vampiress in ornate dress stepped forward and flipped her veil up to look a startled Zula straight in the eye. After a moment they both grinned.

Zula spoke up again. "Look - why don't you help me? From what Lesedi's just told me, you know that I'm not the first woman he's been too slow taking his pants off for. Come get him undressed, your own... special way."

"But I like these p-" Nuru started.

Zula reached back and put her finger over his mouth, shushing him. "What do you say? Come cut him loose, and then tie him up so I can use him. It sounds to me like he doesn't mind at all."

"Will you release me from the curse?" Katlego said.

"Indeed... Katlego. Or should I say, Masika, the Third Jewel of Nyala's Hand," the goddess said, to several gasps. "I did not want to unmask you unfairly, but I think it's time to dispense with this cloak and dagger conflict, now that I need to be setting an example to others. As a show of good faith, I release you from your compulsion. I need you willing and eager, not conflicted and doubting your own authenticity, and will not expect you to participate any further today, but you are free to fill Zula's request, or not, as you wish. I realize you retain other loyalties, but I think I can make arrangements with Nyala that will allow you to stay in her good graces. I don't doubt the price will be dear, but we will find a way, you and I, together. To you I offer a Big Favor in exchange for your peace."

"Then let go of me, asshole," Katlego/Masika said, elbowing Ace in the ribs and dropping the bow.

"Ow!" Ace said, rubbing his chest. "I'm confiscating this for the duration of your visit," he added, taking the bow.

"But I need my daggers," she said, grinning back at him wickedly. "For this!"

"Aaaaaaaaugh! Cold oh goddess it's cold!" Nuru said, shielding his face as she darted in close in less than a heartbeat. "Those pants were a gift, dammit."

His clothes fell in a tattered heap around his ankles, and he shrugged out of the damaged shirt; he didn't think he'd wear it again, but maybe he could give it to the Knights of Jelani as a peace offering. Or better yet, a quest reward to one of their paladins. Yes, that might mend some fences.

"That's better," Zula said, spanking him on one ass cheek. "Let me help keep you warm. We'll work on improving your wardrobe later. You really can't be wearing the colors of another faction anymore."

Goddess Sanaa clapped her hands to draw attention back from the false protests Nuru was making from the floor where he was quickly losing his range of motion to Katlego's skillful hand and a rapidly diminishing length of rope.

"Now, we've established a few guidelines. Nuru here might seem to be quite violated, but I am declaring prior knowledge that he actually really likes this, so don't be alarmed. We will hold a workshop on the intricacies of negotiating such things very soon, and let me say loud and clear that if you find this exciting, there is nothing wrong with you and we can absolutely help you pursue a similar experience for yourself. By further way of contrast, I would like you all to know that, while my justice is fierce, I am not one to be cold and distant, as some gods are. I really want to get to know my friends, and I am not shy. With that in mind - who here has got the biggest dick?"

Awkward glances went around the room.

"Well, that would clearly be me," a voice from the back said.

"Zuberi! I was hoping I would see you again soon!" the goddess said, rushing over through the crowd that parted to let her pass to hug him.

She waited until the orc lifted his own arms before pressing herself hard against him, and wriggling happily.

"Uh, no offense, but when...?" Zuberi said, crunching his eyebrows in confusion while hunched over trying not to hit the canopy overhead, but heartily returned the hug with a shallow grin.

"Oh! I saw you through Nuru's eyes last time," she said. "Of course you don't know - he was already pacted with me, but I very much enjoyed - uhm, you're already familiar with negotiations, can I interest you in attending the workshop and providing a few practical examples?

"I'm half convinced already," he said, with a booming hearty laugh.

Lesedi swayed and pressed one hand to her head and the other to a thief standing nearby. The man put a protective arm around her, holding her hand with the other until she could stand again. She pulled out a tiny Rune of Silence and swapped out one that had burned out in a circlet she was wearing to protect her sensitive hearing, then stood up straighter and smiled at the man gratefully, who smiled back. She was slow to remove her hand from his arm, which made his smile go wider.

"Where is Nyarai?" the goddess said, looking around quickly.

"I'm here," she said from the floor behind the orc, where she was sitting and trying to make herself look small, and not entirely succeeding.

"My dear half-giantess, do not worry. You are most welcome," the goddess said, rushing over to hug her as well. "Now, I have to ask. You are OK with your man being with other women?"

"He's my master, I can't tell him no."

"You can actually, even slave agreements aren't unbreakable. And that's not what I asked."

"He- yes, I'm OK with it. We negotiated. I am happy with the arrangement so far."

"Excellent!" the goddess clapped with glee. "I'm going to borrow him for a little bit. Don't worry, I'll give him back when I'm done."

"OK," Nyarai said, smiling.

"Dayo! Where are you? This canopy offends my guests, and thus it offends me. Get rid of it."

"As you command," the blackguard said, Shadow Walking to all the corners of the room and cutting loose the counterweights holding the edges of the canopy in place.

The corners of the great cloth canopy receded higher into the ceiling, revealing the old faction relics, including the hydra heads, that had yet to be removed. Zuberi stood straighter, no longer in danger of brushing the canopy with his head, and followed the goddess back to the dais where she was speaking.