Bridget

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We continued along and passed a couple of people sitting on a bench out in front of what looked like an antique store. One of them was a man who looked to be in his early sixties reading a newspaper, and the woman next to him looked to be in her early fifties. We overheard them discussing the band that had played at the Treasure Chest the night before, and the female of the duo was going on about how the music was too loud and nothing like what she had grown up with. The man simply responded with, "Yeah, but did you see the body on that one playing the guitar?" As the woman swatted at the man, Ashlee couldn't help but laugh.

We eventually reached our destination and both studied it with bated breath. I don't know why, but I think I was almost as nervous as my gothic friend was to approach her friends and give them the news that after so many years, she was officially up and leaving the group. I wanted to think that they would understand her decision since she had been reunited with the love of her life after almost two decades, but I could also see them trying to persuade her that I wasn't good enough for her since I hadn't been a fixture in her existence for the last eighteen years. It seemed ironic that a guy who had dealt with psychopaths in the past was actually afraid to confront a band of naked female rockers.

Ashlee led the way since she had been with the others when they had checked into their room the afternoon before. When we reached the wooden portal marked with a simple "2," we both looked at each other as if to ask one another if we were doing the right thing. In our hearts, we both knew that we were and that our existences essentially required the other. The gothic beauty decided to not prolong things and knocked on the door since it was locked. "Hey, Nikki. Rachel. Shyla. Open up."

About twenty seconds later, the door finally opened...and Nikki stood in the doorway with an angry scowl on her face as she glared directly at Ashlee. "Where the fuck have you been?" She asked with enough attitude to scare off an entire fleet of armed soldiers. Oh, I should probably mention that she was naked, too. It definitely made me feel a little out of place.

Ashlee sighed and pushed past the lead vocalist as she told her, "Put some clothes on, you skank. I have company with me."

Feeling awkward about the whole situation, I thought it would be best if I just waited outside. I wasn't going to pretend to know anything about the camaraderie between fellow musicians, but I wondered if all of them were comfortable hanging out naked in front of one another.

Nikki followed Ashlee into the room and left the door wide open for me. Since I hadn't been invited in, I went with my gut and thought waiting would be a good idea. When I suddenly heard Ashlee call out for me to come in, I let out a bit of a sigh and reluctantly entered the room. I wanted to support her, of course, but I had no idea what I was in for.

Thankfully, the woman named Shyla was pulling a shirt on and Rachel was already dressed. Nikki started to pull some pants on also when Ashlee saw me averting my eyes and said, "When you travel together as much and as long as we have, we normally forget the others are even there most of the time."

I nodded my understanding as I heard Nikki complaining about having to get dressed in the first place. She muttered something about how "he should feel lucky to be in a room full of naked women." Ashlee countered her words by telling the vocalist I wasn't a pig. I was glad to know that even though I was banging both the gothic babe and Bridget, the my black-haired beauty still knew I didn't have eyes for her colleagues. It probably sounds ironic to say, but I wasn't that "slutty."

"Oh my god!" Rachel suddenly called out when she had a better look at me. "Is that fucking Marcus? Oh my god...it is!"

"You mean you didn't recognize him right away?" Nikki bluntly shot back while pulling on a white shirt that looked like something had been spilled on it. "He looks the same as he did back when we were in school...except a little older."

"Thanks...?" I mumbled since I wasn't sure what else to say. I remembered both Nikki and Rachel rather well. While we had never really been friends back during our academic years, I can't say that I disliked them by any stretch of the imagination. The drummer, Shyla, was unknown to me.

Getting right down to brass tacks, Ashlee decided to come right out with it and told them, "I'm staying with Marcus, you guys. I've decided to leave the band so I can pursue a life with him." She started picking up a few bags that held her possessions.

"Um...what?" Nikki asked with obvious attitude in her voice. She glanced at me with anger in her eyes before once again focusing on her bassist. "You plan to just walk out of here...just like that?"

"It's fucking Marcus, for crying out loud!" Rachel suddenly intervened as she appeared to be taking Ashlee's side. "I don't know what she sees in the guy, but she's been crying about him for the last eighteen years! You had to know this was coming when you realized it was him thirty seconds ago!"

Um...I'm right here, you know! I couldn't believe how blunt Rachel was.

Shyla weighed in by saying, "I never met the guy, but I can see he's kind of cute in a rugged almost 'over-the-hill' type of way. Besides, Rachel's right: Ashlee's been going on and on about him ever since I hooked up with the rest of you, so I'd say let her go."

Over-the-hill? Come on! I was still two years away from forty!

"She can't just walk out of here and leave us high and dry! We have a show next weekend on the other side of the continent! Without a bass player, we'll have to cancel! How can you two be so cool with this?"

As much as I didn't want to venture any further into the room, I made my way past Nikki and over to where Ashlee was collecting her things. I started grabbing the bags for her and told her I would be fine with carrying the load. She didn't want me hauling all her effects, but I laughed her kindheartedness off and told her to let me be her "knight."

"Aw, that's kind of sweet," Rachel made the comment as she watched our interaction. I knew she obviously wasn't sold completely on me coming back into the picture and sweeping her friend off her feet, but she was certainly more supportive than Nikki.

"And I thought chivalry was dead!" Shyla added as she watched me heft a sack over my right shoulder.

Ashlee suddenly placed a hand on my left shoulder and then told me to put the bags back down. I was a little puzzled at first and my heart almost stopped when I thought she may have changed her mind at the last second, but she then reminded me, "Your pickup's parked all the way over by the saloon. Maybe we should bring it around so we're not carrying everything so far..."

"Could you at least look at me when we're talking?" Nikki asked my raven-haired compeer. "I can't believe you plan on leaving without a little more explanation!"

"What's there to explain?" Ashlee finally asked as she stared at the blonde vocalist. "You know how I feel and how I've always adored Marcus! You know that I'd do anything to be with him, and now that I've finally found him, how can you be surprised that I'd want to leave with him?"

"This guy dicked you once and walked out on you!" Nikki tried to remind her friend of past events in a biased manner. "Shouldn't that be enough to give you second thoughts?"

Rachel was apparently chewing on some gum or something as she added, "But he did give us our band name with that awesome sex tape!"

"Oh!" Shyla then chimed in. "So this is the guy! That's right! I should've realized that right away!"

I'm sure my cheeks were reddening. I shouldn't have been so embarrassed, but I was certainly out of my element around these kinds of women. I was definitely an outsider trying my best to not be noticed.

"I don't care how gratifying the sex was," Nikki tried to talk sense to Ashlee, "But he fucked you and left you! What happens when he does it a second time?"

I think Ashlee had a decent rebuttal prepared, but she didn't need it. I finally stepped in as I looked Nikki dead in the eyes and told her, "I love Ashlee. I always have and I always will. I made a mistake back then that I've carried with me for eighteen years, and it's high time I rectify that and make her a happy woman."

"What? Do you plan on marrying her?"

All eyes in the room went to me...including those of Ashlee. I had no idea how to respond since our situation was certainly "different." Under normal circumstances, I may have been spontaneous enough to propose without a ring right on the spot just to prove a point...but I also had Bridget. Ours was a romance that wasn't easy to explain on paper.

Ashlee grabbed my closest arm and started dragging me toward the door. "Let's go get your truck and come back for my stuff."

"You're kidding me, right?" Nikki called out from behind us as we made our way back into the hallway. "You're going to give up your entire life after one night with this guy? What kind of sick hold does he have on you?"

The goth chick attached to my left arm guided me along and spoke a few low curses under her breath as we made our way out of the inn and back into the sunlight. She certainly wasn't happy with Nikki...but in a way, I found that I couldn't be upset with the lead vocalist.

The blonde "leader" of the SPs was only being protective her friend. They had traveled up and down every road of the continent together for nearly two decades. She wasn't sure that she could trust me...or even that she wanted to for that matter. And when I really thought about it, how could I blame her? She was only lashing out because she was doing what she thought was best for a girl she had known for most of her life.

Ashlee stormed onward with purpose as I did my best to keep up since she was tugging me along. I asked her to slow down a bit, but she was focused on locating my vehicle and gathering her things. When I finally begged her to stop, she finally came to a halt and turned to look at me. I could tell that she wasn't pleased, but she also didn't want to upset me. "What is it, Marcus?"

"Ashlee, I don't think you should be upset with Nikki!"

"And why not? Rachel seemed to support us being together...and so did Shyla! Hell, that bitch doesn't even know you!" Upon looking at me, I think the goth babe could see that I didn't understand why she would refer to a friend as a "bitch." She decided to clarify by saying, "I can't stand that twat, just in case you cared to know. After Selina died, it was Nikki's choice to bring her in...so her opinion has never mattered much to me."

I decided it would be best to just nod. I had known before we had even confronted the rest of the SPs that this wouldn't be an easy moment for Ashlee. She was taking a big step in her life in order to be with me...not to mention a huge risk.

"Hey," the raven-tressed beauty snagged my attention as she held a hand over her trim tummy. "Before we get your truck and grab my things, do you think we could visit Bridget at her diner? I'm awfully hungry. Maybe some food would help me settle down a bit."

I suddenly thought about how long it had been since I had last consumed a decent meal and realized it had probably been even longer for poor Ashlee. I agreed with her and placed an arm around her shoulders as I guided her toward the little restaurant so we could grab a bite to eat...but more importantly so we could see Bridget.

* * *

The beautiful brunette was quite busy and looked to be both surprised and excited to see us. The second she laid eyes on the two of us, I think we may have caught her off guard a little bit...and when I thought about it, I felt like kind of a jerk for showing up unannounced since people like Cathy were probably under the impression that Bridget and I were a couple. I bet it looked mighty awkward for me to be walking in with Ashlee at my side.

"Follow me!" Bridget cheerfully commanded as she led Ashlee and I toward the booth I had been sitting in when I first met the amazing brunette. Upon being seated, I glanced around and realized we had taken one of the last available tables. I felt bad that my incredible friend had to be on her toes so much after barely getting any sleep.

Ashlee picked up the menu that was sitting in front of her and started to peruse it as she inquired, "Do you know what's good here?"

"Cathy makes a mean burger with friend onions and pepper jack cheese on it," I responded while watching Bridget run to a few other tables to make sure her customers were satisfied. I then placed my eyes on Ashlee and realized just how adorable she looked in the clothes she had selected to wear from our mutual friend's closet. I wondered how a guy like me could get so lucky and end up with two women who truly wanted to see me happy.

Ashlee and I engaged in a little small talk after she decided on trying the burger. We were then interrupted when Bridget finally made her way toward us and delivered a couple glasses of ice water to us. Mine had a few lemon wedges around the rim.

"Sorry for the craziness, you two! It's that time of day, though! I'll come take your orders as soon as I can!"

"No worries," I told my brunette friend. As hungry as I was, I knew I could wait a little longer since I didn't want Bridget pushing herself too hard. I did, however, want to see Ashlee get some food in her, so I hoped it wouldn't be too long.

The gothic beauty and I started talking once more about the future and what we hoped it would bring. We discussed her band briefly and how she knew they'd get along fine without her. We had been talking for no more than five minutes when she finally looked up from where she sat on her side of the booth and pointed out, "Holy shit, Marcus! You should see the creeper sitting on the other side of the joint by the back window! He looks like a first-class lurker!"

Since I was sitting on the side of the booth facing the front of the diner, I edged over a bit and glanced over my left shoulder at the man Ashlee had taken notice of...and instantly recognized my "friend" in the hooded cloak. He had the full ensemble on and was doing his best to keep his attention focused on his immediate surroundings. He looked just as peculiar as he had back in the strip club when I had seen him the first time.

I instantly turned back to face Ashlee and hoped that he hadn't taken note of me. I was convinced that he had become aware of my presence when I had first entered the diner with my ravishing partner, but since he hadn't attempted to flee the scene, I knew I had a chance to keep an eye on him. "Ashlee," I spoke in a low voice even though the din of the establishment easily drowned my volume out, "I need you to do me a huge favor right now."

"Of course," the raven-tressed beauty said. "Anything."

The sweet woman was so genuine...that was just one of the many reasons why I would do anything to protect her and Bridget from the sycophant sitting only twenty feet away from me. "That man you just noticed: Would you keep an eye on him for me? If he moves so much as a muscle, could you tell me?"

The raven-tressed female sat perfectly still as her brown eyes glanced over at the man and then back at me. "I can do that. Why? Do you think you know him?"

"I saw him next door at the Treasure Chest the other night when I went to see Bridget," I told her. "Something about him sticks in my craw. I don't know if it's the way he dresses to conceal his face or if it's his very aura, but something about the guy isn't right."

"That goes without saying!" Ashlee matter-of-factly said while glancing in the enigmatic man's direction one more time. "I've seen my share of creepers from being on stage, but that guy really takes the cake!" She paused and took a drink of her water before adding, "Then again, maybe it's because this is such a small town and I'm used to larger cities. He kind of sticks out like a sore thumb here amongst the locals. In one of the bigger cities I tend to play in, you see dozens like him before breakfast...if you're up that early, mind you!"

I adored Ashlee's carefree attitude. She was truly a woman after my own heart.

Bridget suddenly appeared and had her small notepad and pen at the ready. "Sorry about the wait, you two! So good to see you both, by the way! Thanks for stopping in to visit! It's certainly made my day better!" She winked at me while speaking her last sentence.

"It's great to see you too, Bridget," I told the beautiful brunette. I had a lot more I wanted to tell her, but I knew that her place of employment wasn't the best place to do so. I quickly ordered for both Ashlee and myself before asking the cutest waitress in the world, "Bridget, have you been waiting on that man at the table by the back window?"

The brunette started to look in the direction I had given her, but when she did so, I instantly regained her attention while lowering my voice and telling her to not draw attention to herself. Her face showed a bit of concern since I was coming off a little cuckoo. "What is it, Marcus? Do you know him?"

"Have you ever seen him around here before?" I whispered. I was glad that no one at any of the nearby tables seemed to be paying any attention to us.

Bridget did her best to look without looking again. She then answered, "I've never seen him before in my life."

"What about at the Treasure Chest?" I asked. "Has he ever come in to watch you dance before?"

"Not that I've noticed. Why?"

"He was the man I saw the other night when I came to see you," I informed her. "He was the one I was trying to talk to before, well...he was the one I was trying to have a conversation with before knocking out poor Rutger."

Bridget once more glanced back at the mysterious man before quickly turning away again. After receiving a better glimpse of him, she told me, "Martha's been waiting on him, but if you'd like, I could walk over and see if he needs a refill or something. If there's anything you want me to ask him..."

"Don't go near him!" I hastily cut her short. "I don't want you anywhere near that guy!"

By this time, Ashlee was starting to get a little spooked as well. "Marcus, I have to say you're kind of scaring me. I know that guy looks out of place, but maybe he's just some poor slob who's down on his luck. Maybe he keeps that cloak wrapped about himself because he's some destitute bum who has some nasty scars or nowhere to go."

"Yeah," Bridget agreed. "Maybe he's cold or something..."

"This late in summer?" I asked the sweating brunette. "I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't think he's wearing that cloak because he's cold."

Bridget was quiet for a moment before asking, "If he's as dangerous as you think he is, should I maybe fetch the law? I could place a call..."

"Don't do anything just yet," I told the beautiful brunette as her voice trailed off. "Ashlee and I will have our breakfasts and keep an eye on him in the meantime. If he does anything suspicious, I'll be right here to make sure he doesn't hurt either of you."

"What about the others?" Ashlee asked since the diner was full. "What if he's some psychopath with a few firearms hidden under that cloak and decides to mow everyone in here down?"

"You two are my only concern, but if he really is dangerous, I'll do my best to put a stop to him before he can pull anything."

"How?" Bridget asked with a single word as her voice quivered.

"I have my methods," I told the bountiful brunette. "Don't be scared, okay? I might be overreacting about the whole thing."

The wonderful waitress looked unsure, but nodded since she trusted me.

"I still say the guy is probably just some grub off the streets," Ashlee gave her input. "Maybe some kind soul threw him a few coins and he decided to come in and have breakfast instead of eating out of the refuse bin from whatever alley he crawled out of."