Broadway Battle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tony smiled, he was getting tired now but he loved, so much, that his parents had never doubted he would get better. "You can post it. Maybe post what just happened and then I'll do an update in a couple of days."

Gabi leaned in and took Tony's face, kissing him. "I am so proud of you."

Gabi kissed him again, before leading everyone expect Ty back to Frank and Cal's apartment, where they were staying, to work on and post the agreed blog. Leaving Ty to argue Tony back into bed, for yet more rest.

-X

Blog 16:

"Hi there, blog watchers," Ty grinned at the camera. "Welcome. Today is 'You've been out of hospital a month, and finished chemo over six weeks ago...when are you going to get your lazy ass back to work? Yoga time.'" The camera panned to where Tony was sat on a yoga mat cracking up.

Ty winked at the camera then moved to the adjoining mat. "Seriously though. We've been working the past couple of blogs on basic breathing and stretching, but today we are going to start to work on stamina."

"Please, God," Tony muttered.

Ty rolled his eyes. "We've already warmed up, so if you haven't, pause the blog and do that first."

He then proceeded to take Tony through a slow, gentle work out, that after twenty minutes resulted in him folding onto the mat. "I'm done."

"Nope, warm down," Ty insisted. Although he wasn't mean enough to make Tony stand. Still talking to the camera as Tony huffed and puffed in the background.

"As you will know, if you've been watching our journey or are dealing with chemo yourself. The aches and pains can be intolerable. Which is why taking this slow, warming up and down, and keeping the body moving is so important."

He turned to Tony, "Okay. Now you're done."

Tony collapsed backwards, "I want my Mommy!"

-X

In fact, it was holding Tony back that was Ty's main challenge. But he ganged up with various friends and family to make sure Tony didn't do too much and set himself back.

Even so, it was just over five months after Tony's last performance, two and a half weeks earlier than expected, that he went back on stage as Tim.

There had been set backs. Three weeks earlier he had been unable to make it through a rehearsal. But rest, time and care. Plus perseverance had paid off, and his doctors and Francesca had finally agreed he could return for the Sunday and Tuesday matinee, and if able a Thursday evening, to start. Increasing his workload from there.

That Sunday the theater was full of family and friends. Including the entire cast, band, crew and even security team from Engagement Las Vegas.

Tony had known that the New York club had posted a later opening time that night, but when he was told before the show started that the entire Las Vegas team were in the house, it had floored him.

They had hired in a band, roped in the hotel's security and bar team and got in a guest artist for the night. All Cal's idea. He had flown everyone in on a private charter.

Ty had sensibly told Tony with time to spare, so he could recover from over-emotion before he had to sing.

This was on top of Ty's family. All of Tony's family and friends from back in Bryn Mawr. New York friends and colleagues.

Dane couldn't leave the UK show, but MC, now back in New York, had come. And his voice coach, Jason, who had started coming to Engagement about three weeks into chemo and helped Tony keep his voice, what he called flexible, until he was strong enough to start proper training again.

It was a riot. A party.

Tony wasn't completely sure how he had gotten through the show. Randall was holding him up for the curtain call, he was shaking with fatigue, and he knew his voice had struggled at times. But being back on stage. Making it through, after everything. Was everything.

Tony just stood. Smiling and crying as the entire house rose to its feet and applauded him. Ty watching from the wings.

Home.

The party was complicated by the fact that Tony still had to be cautious about contact with other people. It was normal life, with a bit of extra care.

Still, they all migrated back to Engagement and people used the Empty Night's cast members to give Tony proxy hugs.

When the doors of Engagement opened late at 8pm, Ty pulled Tony upstairs, and the party continued without them.

Ty locked the door and then followed Tony to the floor where he had just sunk. Wrapping his arms around him and pulling him back against his chest. "You okay?"

"I'm exhausted."

"That's a shame."

"Not that exhausted."

Ty laughed, "Well good, because I had plans for a private celebration before you flake out on me."

"I was hoping you might," Tony twisted around and pushed Ty flat on the floor, straddling him. "Maybe I've got some plans too."

"This floor is pretty hard," Ty commented. "Can I be on top?"

"No," Tony told him and took his mouth.

Ty moaned and shifted, his pelvis rubbing against Tony's. Gripping Tony's hair, which wasn't as long on top as it had been yet but he could at least get a grip now, to hold him in place.

The kiss quickly turned wet and sloppy. Hard breathing and frantic movements before Ty broke the kiss. "Bedroom. Lube," he gasped.

Tony pulled a face, but shifted up from where he had been crushing Ty into the floor.

When standing he realized he was actually a little giddy and giggled as Ty walked him, while stripping him, and sort of shoved him onto the bed.

Tony sprawled and wriggled out of his boxers. Blowing out a breath when Ty came back with lube, and sadly, still condoms. For a while at least. "I'm flagging. You can be on top."

"Typical, now we're on a comfy mattress."

In answer, Tony just grinned and wantonly opened his legs. Moaning, humming and giggling as Ty teased and prepped him.

"I swear your balls are even more ticklish than they used to be." Ty said, laughing at Tony squirming.

"Get off my balls and get in me," Tony demanded. Gasping when Ty followed the instruction with a couple of testing thrusts, before sinking deep.

Ty lowered himself down and kissed Tony before nuzzling his neck. He knew Tony was getting tired and it was time to gentle it down a little. "That what you wanted?" he asked as he flexed his hips.

"Oh, Fuck, yes," Tony murmured as their fingers linked.

Ty thrust until Tony was panting and begging, and then grabbed Tony's hair roughened thigh and pushed it back, sinking deeper and pushing Tony harder until he came, stroking himself, all over his own stomach.

Ty followed and filled the condom with three hard pumps.

"I'm done," Tony declared, dragging in air.

"Lets not get sloppy," Ty told him. Dragging a complaining Tony off the bed and into the shower.

Strictly speaking, Tony should have been well clear of the drugs by now, but they had decided in the beginning on a six month clear zone. For no reason other than the thought of accidently harming Ty had terrified Tony, and Ty had given up trying to reason with him.

Tony closed his eyes, enjoying the feel of Ty's hands spreading the shower gel across his skin, and the beat of the water against his back.

Ty slid his hands over Tony's shoulders and down his chest to the groves of his abs. "Your form's coming back."

"Yea. Starting lift training next week." The dances that Tony did with Polly had been amended for his performances, but next week he would start training ready to bring the lifts back in.

Polly's safety was the priority and until now he hadn't had the strength, but he was determined to get back in shape as quickly as possible.

Ty nodded and bent to press his lips to the centre of Tony's chest. Then he shuddered before going still, his lips still pressed to Tony's skin.

Tony recognized the signs. Ty was so strong, had coped with so much and supported him through everything. But every now and then, the cracks widened and the fear would pour out, until he could contain it again.

"It's okay," Tony said gently, his hands easing over Ty's shoulders and pulling him close.

Ty shuddered again, letting out a sob this time.

"It's okay."

"I'm sorry," Ty managed, his head still down, leaning against Tony's chest.

"Don't be sorry, Babe."

With that the dam broke and Tony held Ty close against him as he sobbed. Still apologizing.

Fear, frustration, anger, dread, all pouring out, and as far as Tony was concerned, being washed down the drain. He always felt that Ty held too much in, was too self-contained.

"I was s-so scared."

"I know," Tony soothed.

"I can't lose you," Ty sobbed. "I hate this. I hate being so scared."

"My tests are good. The chemo was successful. I'm getting stronger," Tony reassured quietly.

"It's-" Ty halted and just shook with sobs.

"You can say it."

"I can't. It's not fair."

"Say it, Ty."

"It's gonna come back."

There it was. Ty's biggest fear. The hardest thing in all of this. It would come back. The only question was when.

"Yes, it will." Tony acknowledged. "And I'll fight again, and I'll win again."

He pulled Ty's tear streaked face up and kissed his trembling lips. "I'll fight it as many times as I need to, so I can grow old with you."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

"Yes you should," Tony said fiercely. "You don't say this stuff enough. You can't hold this stuff in all the time, I want to be there for you as well."

"You are. You are." Ty wrapped around Tony so they were clinging as the spray pounded over them. "Oh, God. You are."

They stayed until the water started to cool. And in these apartments that was rare. They would not be popular with the neighbours.

Both exhausted they dried off and fell into bed. Just holding each other. Kissing. Legs tangled. Stroking each other's skin.

Eventually Ty spoke. "I think I might talk to Sarah. Officially I mean," he pulled back, surprised when Tony snorted with laughter. "Seriously. You're laughing at me?"

"I do find it amusing that you've been mostly all stoic and supportive, and then you crash once it's over. That's just so you, Ty." Sarah was a good friend of theirs; and a therapist.

He kissed Ty before continuing. "I think it's a good idea for you to talk with Sarah. You don't want to get overwhelmed every time I go for check-ups. I don't intend to worry about it until the day that Dr Yan calls and says, 'Tony, it's time.' And I don't intend that to be for many, many years."

"You absolutely have to beat HJ," Ty smiled, calming slightly now, having cried out a lot of his tension.

"For sure. He's at nearly sixteen years, right?"

"Yep."

"Okay, I'll do twenty. Minimum."

"Twenty five," Ty insisted.

"Yea, okay twenty five years," Tony agreed, laughing a little.

"That would work. Maybe it wouldn't be chemo by then. Maybe they'll be a cure by then."

Tony kissed Ty again. Undone by the look of hope on his face. "You never know. And with Dr Yan saying I'm her favourite test subject, maybe my input will help towards that. Wouldn't that be something?"

"It really would."

"Come here," Tony snuggled Ty in. Against his chest, under the covers, where he liked to be best. "We'll call Sarah in the morning."

-X

Ty didn't wake Tony on Monday morning. He got up and went for his run, arriving back to find a large flat parcel propped against the wall with Tony's name in it. Just Tony.

He took it in and found Tony in the kitchen, sipping what he called his coffee milkshake.

"What's that?"

"It's for you. It was outside. Must have got past security."

He made himself a coffee as he watched Tony carefully unwrap the parcel, excitement in his eyes. Tony loved presents.

Even from the back he could tell it was a framed poster. He watched Tony's frown as he scanned the poster. Then confusion. Followed by dawning comprehension and thrill, "No way!"

"What is it?"

"Come and see."

Ty walked around and stared at the poster. It was a promotional poster for a novel, due to launch in two months' time. 'Battle Beginning', by F A Thomas.

Clearly a fantasy book, judging by the swirling winds, deep colours, flying dragons and slightly otherworldly appearance of the hero and heroine.

The women with intense green eyes and waist length braided dark red hair, flying in the wind. Some sort of curved knife in her right hand, her left hand at first glance seemed to be throwing lightening at the sky, but on a second look, Ty could see she was actually calling the lightning to her. Perhaps to cast it at the enemy.

The man, who must be her sibling, his face hard and determined. Shoulder length hair tangled from the blood and sweat of battle. A sword raised in his left hand, a ball of blue fire in his right. The both carried light wounds, and the hero's warrior clothing was torn to reveal strong biceps and carved abs on the slender but strong (and beautifully shaped, Ty thought) body. (Okay, the girl was cute as well, if you liked that sort of thing.)

Ty's face slowly creased into a huge grin as he stared at the image. "He's hot," he nodded at the hero.

Tony pointed awkwardly at the sword, "He's a leftie, like me."

"Tony. He looks exactly like you!"

"No, the hair's darker and his eyes are green."

"Tony. You could have posed for this. Did you? Did you pose for this and not tell me you little fucker?" Ty was laughing.

"No, I swear."

"F A Thomas," Ty mumbled, then they both looked at each other. "Thomas!" they said together.

Ty grabbed his phone and googled. "Okay, here we go. Battle Beginning is the new highly anticipated first in a series from the fantasy author duo writing as FA Thomas. Follow the adventures of Princess Nessia and Prince Antonio, as they fight to save their father and their kingdom from destruction. Join them on their enthralling and sexy adventures where they fight not only the enemy, but love and loss."

Ty looked at Tony. "Ohhhh, enthralling and sexy. I may have to read this."

Tony had his finger on the poster, where it had been signed.

'Well done, Tony. All the best, Felicity.' And, 'I'm proud, and so happy for you, Thomas'.

Ty put an arm around him, "Felicity must be his writing partner."

Tony blinked rapidly and let out a shaky breath, "He's let us into his secret, but where do we put this?"

"In the bedroom. That guy's hot," Ty responded immediately.

Tony laughed, but then considered. "Actually that may be best, less people will see it in there."

"Only people who know the secret, or will keep it," Ty agreed.

Ten minutes later, the poster had been positioned. Tony and Ty sat on the end of their bed grinning at it.

"So cool."

"Fucking hot," Ty said again, and pulled his real life version in for a kiss.

-X

One month later, on a warm and sunny Monday morning. Tony and Ty gazed at the light shining through the panel-like, colourful, stained glass window as the Pastor married them.

The church, that felt light and spacious on the inside, and more traditional on the outside (apart from it's over enthusiastic, needle-like, spire that put Tony in mind of the numerous blood tests he'd had over the previous half year!) was full of their family and friends.

Of course, technically they were already married, but this was a celebration of life, survival, hope, their love and a blessing, all rolled into one.

Some of the people here, Tony hadn't seen in years.

In fact, neither of his parents, or anyone really in his family, were religious, but his grandmother had been a member of the church and his own mom had received a lot of support when she has lost one of her babies.

She had remained involved, was their 'unpaid' archivist, and knew more about the history of the church than anyone else.

Due to her hard work, a small memorial plaque had been placed for little Mary, and this was why Ty had wanted to come here to get married. Events had somewhat overtaken them, but the Pastor had been delighted to welcome them and make it, what he laughingly called, officially official.

They choked out their promises to each other, half laughing, half crying at how ridiculously emotional they were.

To the side of Tony stood his two sisters. With Ty, stood Polly and Frank.

Frank had cried buckets when Ty had asked him to stand with him. He had literally howled. And then stopped in shock when Ty had shot down his idea of buying a suit.

"Are you crazy? Frank, you're the glamour. Tony's sister's and Polly are coordinating colors and stuff, we're not getting involved. But they are going silk, classic, apparently. You'll be the sequins."

"We can't get married without sequins," Tony agreed.

Frank had become so overwhelmed at that point, Cal had sent them away, to finish the conversation the following day.

Ty glanced with a smirk at him now. Trying to dab at his eyes without smudging his make-up. His dark purple, sparking dress picking up the lights. His mahogany shoulder length wig, not a hair out of place.

Frank narrowed his eyes, and glared back. Ty wasn't exactly dry eyed himself.

They were like a rainbow. Frank in the dark but shimmering purple. Megan his counterpoint in a lighter, softer shade.

Polly was in a soft yellow, floaty dress, that actually complimented her hair instead of clashing with it, and Kate was in red.

Ty felt quite dull in his dark grey, but he had to admit, it was a very nice suit.

Megan, Kate and Polly had put Tony in dark blue, and he looked incredibly dashing. Dramatic as well. He had delighted Ty that morning by appearing with his hazel eyes darkly lined and his lashes lengthened. (Waterproof, thankfully.)

Ty loved when Tony enhanced his eyes, but he didn't do it very often. Got bored with having to wear make-up on stage all the time.

Megan had complained, "Jesus, he already has eyelashes like a giraffe." But Ty had nearly cum in his suit-pants.

Suddenly Ty heard, "You may kiss your husband." And Tony grabbed him, planting one on him and whispering against his lips, "Pay attention!"

Everyone cheered as they walked back down the aisle. Stopping to place a flower they were both carrying into the holder by Mary's plaque.

Frank, Polly, Megan and Kate followed, and also pulled a prearranged flower from their bouquets (Frank had wanted one too!) for the holder. As did Ty's grandparents and Tony's parents. Making a another mini rainbow.

Then they squinted in the sun for forty five minutes, while the photographer bossed everyone around and got what she needed.

They arrived at a nearby hotel and sat for a meal. Chatting and moving around, until at 3.30pm, the cake was brought out and everyone shifted back to their allocated seats for the speeches.

The cake was three cakes, making a long rectangle. Fruit, to Victoria sponge, to chocolate fudge. Kate had made and decorated it. A part time hobby/job that she enjoyed and it looked amazing.

The colors were off white, just hinting at the fillings underneath the icing. But the decoration was adorable.

Rainbow ribbons, tiny abandoned ballet shoes kicked off, sheet music, playbills, even throat pastilles and cold spray.

It was like Ty and Tony's life in miniature. And snaking it's way up through the middle, the Great White Way, complete with yellow cab gridlock.

There was even a little High Line up one side. One of Tony and Ty's favorite places.

The speeches were delayed while over a hundred people jostled to photograph the cake.

Once they were settled back down, Ty's grandma, Tony's mom (the men in the family were too emotional), Cal, Polly, Randall and Adam all said a few words.

Tony's best friend who still lived in Bryn Mawr, also named Tony, also told a few secrets. And the pastor told of a parishioner who had recently seen Tony in the show, on a weekend in New York, and had recognized him from a Sunday school trip when they had gone to see Joseph when Tony was in 9th grade.

Neither Tony or Ty had planned to say anything, but just prior to the cake being cut, Ty stood and the room fell silent.