Broken and Bonded Ch. 01-02

Story Info
Sequel to By choice or by force. This is Trudy's story.
5k words
4.66
2.7k
2
0

Part 1 of the 11 part series

Updated 03/17/2024
Created 02/24/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers

Authors note: It's a story that I have finished writing so hope to post on a regular basis if it is liked. Thank you for reading me x

Chapter One

Greg Beaumont enjoyed these few days of respite. These few days of peace before his guest arrived, along with any aids or medical experts who thought they should come too.

He was still a little bit vague about who would be making the journey, since all that Jonathon Richards had said was, "Myself and a few others will be down on Friday -- thank you again for the invite and it will be good for us to catch up."

Today was Wednesday, and so he had two days to enjoy this interlude before the invasion.

His household staff of four, to cook, clean and generally take care of him and his home, his four people staff had been expanded to eight as several of his spare bedrooms were aired and made ready for use.

Greg's home and estate were large enough to accommodate a dozen or more guests, but Greg's temperament did not -- would prefer not.

He liked his peace and quiet, he preferred his solitude.

His sister had driven him back a couple of weeks ago, and she had stayed with him for several days, more he thought to lick her own wounds than to keep an eye on him.

In the end she concluded that it was time and necessary to get back to her business, but he was quick to see her reluctance.

It was as if all the energy and drive had once again, been sucked out of his sister, and Greg wished that she would confide in him.

The full moon had been over them during her stay, and he knew that Trudy was making use of its energy -- even though she had always shunned its influence; choosing to shift at any time other than the full moon, she had been out each night, running from her demons.

As soon as it had gone on the wane Trudy had squared her shoulders and returned to London and her life there.

He missed his daughters; even though they had left him a while ago, they had always come home for visits. But now they were bonded and no longer a part of his pack -- ha his pack!

He was the sole member of his pack now, even though Trudy still was technically -- she had always gone her own way.

Greg had always liked his solitude, had enjoyed being alone, but suddenly he felt lonely -- apart and separate from the rest of his pack, his family, and even the world in general.

**

Jonathon arrived mid-morning and along with him, came the two doctors and the nurse -- Sheila.

"Thank you for your hospitality," Dr Pillips said warmly to Greg, after the others had been shown to their rooms. "We will stay until the next full moon I hope, and perhaps go through the shift with Mr Richards and yourself."

Greg looked at him sharply. "Is there a reason for that?"

Dr Phillips coughed discretely. "Tell me something, Mr Beaumont, have you yourself shifted since your illness?"

"No, no I haven't as a matter of fact."

"Can I ask why?"

Greg sighed. "I just have not felt the calling, the need has not been there and so the energy has not either."

"Yes, I wondered if that might be the case."

"You think there might be a problem?" Greg asked in alarm.

"No, not long term certainly. "But this illness, it really did seem to drain the both of you, and so I would just like to be sure that you can both weather the physical process, when the time comes."

"Perhaps you are rushing things with Mr Richards?" Greg's voice dropped. "I mean I have had months to recover, whereas he has only had days."

"He was a very powerful man before this illness, and we have nearly three weeks to boost him; with nutrition, exercise and I will keep giving him the steroid injections. But then I think it will be the shift that will finally free him of the weakness -- get his own adrenalin pumping."

"And you think it will be the same for me too?" Greg asked showing the first hint that this had been worrying him.

"Yes, and I think that you should go on the same regime as Mr Richards, with diet, exercise and steroid shots."

"If you think it will help -- I should like to see the back of this lethargy," Greg nodded.

They quickly formed a routine, and Jonathon and Greg spent their days together catching up on their missing years and reminiscing of their time together. And whilst they did that, the two doctors and Nurse Sheila carried out research; and kept a general eye on their two patients.

"I remember that time we were sent away on that diplomatic tour," Greg smiled as they sat out on his veranda one evening. "I was sent along with you -- instead of Mathew for some reason."

"Yes... my father was beginning to see the growing strength in my brother and so he thought it was too risky to send us together -- for other clans and leaders to see our family's combined strength." Jonathon mused softly. "He sent Matt away; safely out of the way..."

"Yes, that's right, that was that summer he spent here with my Belle."

"You did not want to go with me, to leave her unprotected with a young child and a new baby in the house, so the compromise was that you would accompany me, and Matt would take care of your home and your family."

"I think Belle became really fond of him for that short time; and I believe that Trudy spent that summer here too -- or at least some of it, and so the two of them must have run into each other -- I am surprised that neither of them said anything -- to us or each other."

Jonathon sighed sadly. "My brother was called back to London just before we came back, and whilst there, he was kidnapped, he was badly beaten before he was rescued, he had a severe head wound and was in a coma for several months. When he did finally awaken, he could remember nothing of the summer and the days of his captivity."

"Ahh, I am very sorry to hear that -- I don't remember hearing anything at the time though?"

"No, it was all hushed up by my father, he paid a large ransom to get Matt back and he didn't want the world and his brother to know that -- for fear of making Matt and me an open target."

"Did your father ever find out who was behind it? I would have thought that he would have at least sought retribution for the damage done to his second born son?"

Jonathon laughed bitterly. "You knew my father well -- I see. Yes, he sought retribution and it cost me my wife."

"No!"

"I knew nothing until I got back from our diplomatic tour. Marissa -- my wife had been sworn to silence, but she told me everything as soon as we were alone. She told me that two of the kidnappers were known, but that they were being protected by the council for fear of inciting a pack war.

I went first to the hospital and seeing how badly the damage was to Matt, I just saw red. I went to my father and demanded vengeance.

My father said that he was working on it, but that we had to be careful and not go against the council in the light of day."

"So, what happened?"

"He could not do it by day, and so it was done by night. The bodies of the two known kidnappers were found in the river Thames -- what was left of them anyway."

"You didn't!" Greg was clearly shocked that Jonathon might have been involved in something like that.

"Oh, I would have been a part of it -- I would have avenged my brother; but my father kept me out of it, again it was only after the deed was done -- did anyone see fit to tell me."

Jonathon hesitated for a moment before continuing -- almost as though the next part was too painful for him to revisit.

"A week later Marissa was killed by a hit and run. Michael was Nine at the time, and inconsolable for a while."

Greg suddenly leaned across to pat his hand.

"I am so sorry that I was not there for you then; but my Belle was sickening at the time, and I was caught up with her and the girls -- Trudy had gone off and there was no one else to step in."

"I do understand; I did hear of your wife's death a few months later, and I should have at least sent you my condolences -- but..."

"They were turbulent times for all of us," Greg smiled in understanding.

"Yes, indeed they were."

"Did you ever find out who it was in the car?" Greg asked as their silence stretched out.

"All I can say is that I have had my suspicions over the years; but as head of the council, I cannot act anyway and so I have left it alone."

"And did Matt never questioned his attack?"

"My father told him that the two men in the river were the only ones involved, and since Matt had no memory, he had no choice but to accept that revenge had been had, and that was the end of the matter. And then our father died suddenly, and the leadership passed to me... Matt has been my bodyguard come shadow enforcer ever since."

"He has developed a fearsome reputation over the years." Greg said softly. "They call him the reaper in some quarters -- dead man walking with no conscience and no empathy."

"Poor Matt," Jonathon sighed. "All for loyalty to his family. His whole existence was given over to the family."

"But not the council?"

Jonathon chuckled. "My brother is nobody's fool -- he knew that to do what was needed he had to keep the council on side -- and so he allows them to make use of him on occasion, and that gives them the illusion that they have authority over him."

"He is fearsome in his power -- or so I have heard,"

"As a man he is strong -- less than only me; but in our alter egos -- I believe that he is worth ten of me."

"And so, he hides behind the man. If word got out of his true strength -- it could create friction in the councils -- since the chief elder must be the strongest of all." Greg guessed.

"Another legacy of my father," Jonathon said bitterly. "He had prepared me since birth to replace him -- and a little thing like worthiness was not going to ruin his plans."

"You are not without value -- just because of his superior strength. The job you do, the position you hold -- Do you think that Matt would have wished or been able to do what you do?"

"No, I could not -- and no I would not," the voice from the shadows had them both on their feet.

"Matt!" Jonathon strode forwards. "Why do you lurk in the shadows like that -- come into the light, for crying out loud."

The dark-haired giant was shorter than his brother by six inches -- but where Jonathon towered over, Matt was broader and more muscular looking.

The two embraced affectionately; and then Matt turned to shake Greg's hand.

"Come and sit with us -- will you be staying?" Greg asked.

"If you have room to spare? I can always look for a local inn or hotel or something if it is inconvenient to you."

"No, no of course not, you are more than welcome."

Greg indicated his chair to Matt and then smiled. "I will have a room made up for you and arrange for an additional setting at dinner -- in half an hour, or so; and I will get a couple of drinks made up and bring them out to the both of you in the meantime."

"You might do well to make that; two settings and two rooms," Matt grinned back. "Paul - Jon's personal assistant is coming down too and should be here shortly."

"I was wondering where your bags might be," Jonathon chuckled.

"I needed to stretch my legs -- so I ran ahead -- and Paul is bringing everything with him," Matt said all innocently.

They sat in silence for a moment, and then Jonathon sat forward with a sigh. "So, how much did you overhear?"

"Does it matter?" Matt shrugged and shot him a crooked sort of grin. "It's all in the past now -- so what does it matter?"

"You are the rightful chief -- the true elder -- did you hear that?"

"Aye I heard that all right; but I agree with Greg; strength is not the most important factor for the job that you do; I could never do what you do, Jon -- the seat is yours and you deserve it."

"Thank you, my brother -- your loyalty has always been my true strength."

Matt grinned again and sat back.

"What more did you hear?"

"Marissa - you never told me what you thought; by the time I was out of my coma and alert enough, the funeral had already taken place and you had taken Michael and gone off somewhere for a while. When you came back the subject was well and truly off limits."

"Father never told you anything?"

"Father never spoke to me -- other than to issue instructions." he tried to sound light and uncaring, but the bitter resentment tinged his words anyway.

"I'm sorry Matt."

"For what? You did nothing wrong -- you were as much a victim as I was... to father and the council and whoever else was involved."

Jonathon looked at his brother closely. "Do you truly remember nothing of your summer here?"

Matt looked around him, in the fading light.

"There is a sense of... familiarity," he murmured. "Almost of coming home...?"

"Ah, my wife really would have made you feel at home here," Greg said fondly as he handed out glasses.

He pulled another chair out and seated himself.

"I was saying to Jon, that my sister must have been around at that time too; and I was surprised that neither of you mentioned it?"

Matt rubbed the back of his head under the white streak of hair and found his brother's sharp-eyed gaze fixed on him.

"I don't remember..." he said even as movement in the corner of the garden caught his attention.

He shot out of his chair and ran down to the shadows. "Who goes there?" he yelled. But silence was his only reward.

"I thought I saw..." He sighed as he returned to his seat.

"Chasing shadows?" Jonathon murmured.

"An animal perhaps?" Greg shrugged and smiled.

"Perhaps..."

****** 

Chapter Two

Trudy stopped by her niece's workplace with the intention of seeing Iris, but also seeing James regarding a venture they were both involved in.

She bounded into the office in her usual energic slightly off balanced way and Iris smiled at her fondly.

"Aunt Trudy!" she exclaimed as she stepped from behind her desk and reached out to hug her.

"How are you, beautiful girl? I see that married life and pregnancy seems to be agreeing with you."

Iris really was glowing with health and happiness. Her red hair hung around her shoulders all glossy and curls. Her green eyes sparkled with happiness and even though she was as petite as her aunt, she looked at the moment like she could move mountains with one hand tied behind her back.

Iris laughed and pulled a face. "I love being married but the pregnancy is too early to know what its effects might be."

"Have you seen a doctor?" Trudy asked in all seriousness. "Arranged for scans and check-ups -- made sure that things are all, as they should be?"

"Now you sound like James," Iris laughed again. "Yes, I have seen a doctor and appointments for scans and blood tests have all been set up. But I tell you, if it was up to my darling husband, he would have me sat at home with my feet up all day every day."

"Good, I am pleased that he is duly concerned for you both."

"It is kind of wonderful," Iris sighed with a dreamy sort of smile. "But I am healthy and well and need to keep busy, and so we decided to keep our work routine the same -- for now anyway, once the baby comes along though, we will definitely have to rethink everything, but James says whatever it takes to make me happy, he will do."

Trudy smiled back, and her love and respect for her niece's husband doubled.

"Trudy!" the man himself came through and both women turned to look at him. "I thought I heard your voice -- how are you?"

"I am good, thank you, James," she reached up to kiss his cheek affectionately. "And I don't even need to ask how you are -- you look so well."

"Happiness will do that for a man," James agreed as he led her through to his office.

Iris followed them through but stayed by the door.

"Can I get you a coffee, Aunt Trudy; James -- do you want a top up?"

"Yes, please," they both said in unison, and Iris smiled.

Trudy sat down across from James and rubbed her hands together enthusiastically. "Now then, this office block, where are we with it?"

He opened his folder, and slid across several designs, and a couple of photographs. "The foundations have all been set, the planning permission for the water fountain has been granted, and the building work will commence at the end of next month."

"Everything seems to be going to plan then -- excellent!" She beamed across at him, and her vivid blue eyes shot blue flames.

James had always had a soft spot for Trudy, as the aunt of his mate she was a formidable force. She was tiny at just five feet, and although she was now in her early forties -- she wore the years well -- extremely well. Looking at her you might be forgiven for thinking she was a mere girl -- at the most nearing her thirties.

She was a beautiful woman -- like both of her nieces, all except for her hair which had a tendency to frizz almost as though static was constantly running through it. It was cropped short at all sorts of weird angles too -- as though a child had had a go at cutting it.

It was a bright vibrant yellow blond, and he found himself wondering if she dyed it that colour or was it natural?

Everything about her was bright and sunny, but he knew too, that she had one of the shrewdest of minds. She looked at a person and instantly saw them for who and what they were, and she would treat them accordingly. A lot of men might feel threatened by her, but all were wary around her. She was a woman who demanded respect even in their race, even despite her lack of height or elegance or physical prowess.

She was energy in its purest form.

But there seemed to be something missing in her, a sadness that dampened down her natural disposition.

He found himself wondering why she had never married, she obviously doted on her nieces, so why did she never have children of her own?

At the moment though, she was the serious businesswoman, as she looked across at him with her all seeing, all assessing gaze, and his silent questions faded away before they were voiced.

They spent the next hour going through the designs and plans, and discussing at length what Trudy's end vision was going to be.

They reached several compromises and agreements until finally there was nothing more to discuss.

She stood up now, which did not do much for her height, and James walked around his desk to tower over her.

"If you can confer with Iris, and arrange for us to meet again say... the beginning of July?"

"Yes, I can do that; we can meet at that coffee shop again and take a stroll across."

He grinned down at her. "That sounds like a plan."

She stuck out her hand to shake his, and then reached up to kiss his cheek again.

"Make sure she takes this baby seriously," she whispered. "She is most vulnerable right now -- even if she doesn't feel that way."

"I promise," he murmured with a crooked sort of smile.

*

Iris scribbled into the large diary and watched while Trudy did the same in her pocket organiser.

"Have you seen much of Laurie and Michael?" Trudy asked as she tucked it back into her bag.

Iris smiled. "We had dinner at Laurie's the other night, she is very happy right now, and not much for company though."

"What about her work? Do you know what her plans are?"

"She is going to freelance I believe -- Michael is using one of his companies to help get her started, and she managed to garner a few contacts whilst she worked, who expressed an interest in working with her again."

"Oh good, I am glad that she is going to go independent, and good for Michael in helping her setup. I have several ventures myself in progress and I was hoping to get Laurie in on some of them." she grinned widely. "Now I can do that with no worries at all."

"I think she will be thrilled at that idea -- give her a call and talk to her about it."

"I will, tomorrow I think, so that I can give her some real idea of what she will be doing for me and know that it's not just me trying to help her."

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers
12