Broken Boy Ch. 02

Story Info
Adam learns about Shae's past and they grow closer.
7.7k words
4.79
4.9k
10

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 04/10/2024
Created 12/06/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ESTECZ
ESTECZ
95 Followers

Hello again,

This is the second chapter of the main story.

WARNING:

English is not my language, so please excuse any mistakes.

The story is not a sex smut, it's a slow-burn romance and some sex scenes will start much later, so if you're just horny and just want to enjoy the sex scene and move on to another story, "Broken Boy" is not for you.

I hope you will like the story and wait for the next parts.

Enjoy reading :)

*******************************************************************************************************

SHAE

"Is anybody home?" I said loudly between the doors when I got home.

"Yes, sweetie, I'm in the living room." Ruby replied.

When I came into the living room, Ruby was sitting in an armchair, flipping through some papers, probably from work. She looked at me and smiled quizzically.

"Well, you look different today. What happened, baby?" she asked me.

"No, I look normal... wouldn't I?" I answered.

Ruby stood up and slowly walked over to me and smiled at me more.

"Honey, I've known you long enough to know when you're happy about something." she said.

"Well, I don't know... how to say it... but I think I've found a friend." I answered her shyly.

"Oh baby, that's wonderful." she said and hugged me.

"You have to have friends, and it's great that you've already found some." she added, hugging me for a moment.

I was really happy.

"Is it that boy... Adam... that you... often talked about?" she asked me and caressed my cheek.

"Yeah... yeah, that's him." I said a little shyly. Did I often talk about him? I asked myself.

"Sweetie... you have... a crush... on him, don't you?" she asked me.

I blushed and smiled shyly. I looked down at my feet and thought. Was that so much recognize on me? Adam was a good guy. He was hot and very handsome. Who wouldn't have a crush on him? Maybe it's the way he treats me. He's trying to protect me. But why? Just to be friends? Really didn't know.

I noticed that Ruby was waiting for my answer, so I slowly nodded. Ruby smiled and hugged me again and started stroking my back.

"Aren't you afraid that he will hurt you? You're not completely mentally healthy yet, baby."

"I know Ruby. But Adam seems like a good guy. He stands up for me and protects me at school. I have no idea why he does it, but maybe he is just lonely and needs someone."

"Are you being bullied?" she asked, a little horrified.

"Just a little." I answered. I didn't want to worry Ruby more, and I believed that Adam would protect me.

Ruby kissed the top of my head and started stroking my back again.

"I don't know when you'll really be at peace, baby. Something or someone is still threatening you."

"I know Ruby. It also bothers me, and I really believe that Adam will help me at school."

"Good. If you feel that way." she said, smiling on me, caressed my left cheek and looking into my eyes.

She hugged me for a while longer. Ruby really liked me and I liked her. She was there for me when I no longer had my mom. Ruby wanted me to call her mom. But I couldn't. It would be disrespectful to my own mother.

I didn't call Michael dad either. He was Michael or Mike. He didn't mind, he understood that I had trouble pronouncing the word dad or father. We all agreed that I would call them by their first names, and it suits us all.

***

After a long hug, Ruby let me go and said she was going to cook dinner. Ruby was a great cook. Not as much as my mom, but I always liked her food.

I went to my room, threw my bag on the floor next to my desk and lay on my back on the bed.

I thought. Why did Adam care so much about me anyway? And could I really trust him like that? He came from a mafia family, so I was still afraid of him, but then again, it could just be gossip and maybe Adam was a really good person. But if it's true that his family was a mafia, and he will somehow hurt me later... I... I didn't know what to do next.

Thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. I've been broken enough. I didn't want any more harm, either physically or mentally.

Maybe it just takes time. Talk to him and get to know him better. I believe that this time it could turn out well.

***

ADAM

I told my mom what happened. I found a friend. I couldn't believe that. After several years of being alone, I finally have someone I can talk to openly besides my family.

I sat with Elisa in the living room and watched her favorite children's series on TV. But I didn't pay attention to it. I sat with my legs crossed like a woman sits and stroked my chin with my right hand. I thought.

Shae really fascinated me. He was different from other boys. He was gay... but I don't mind. I noticed that he is a little feminine, like some guys in porn. Yeah... I've seen that type of porn a few times. They were called femboys.

I didn't know why I thought about it so much. I was straight and not gay, so why did it matter to me that much? Shae was really something. He always looked so sad, like if something was bothering him. Even when he was laughing or just smiling, he still looked sad and there was some huge pain in his eyes. He must have experienced something truly terrible.

I wanted to know more about him. I didn't know why, but I wanted him to be happy. He was so cute when he smiled, and I loved it. He was so childish and small. He was like a child, but it was cute and had its own charm.

I couldn't wait to talk to him again. He agreed with me that I would drive him to school and back, so he wouldn't have to take the bus. It was getting up and leaving by car a little earlier, but he was my friend now, and I wanted to do it for him.

His eyes kept bothering me. Why was there pain in them, and why was he still so sad? I wanted to know and help him.

Elisa giggled at something. She snapped me out of my thoughts, and I wrapped my right arm around her and held her close. She didn't look at me. She was still watching TV. Only an oncoming honk of a car diverted her eyes from the television. It was a limousine.

"Adam... look, daddy's home!". she yelled, and I jumped, and she ran to meet dad.

I went to greet my dad too. When I got out, his bodyguards got out of the limo and then my dad got out. Elisa ran to him and hugged him. Dad picked her up in his arms.

"You don't even know how happy I am to see you mio bambino (my child)." he said.

Yes, dad and mom could speak Italian. I smiled and slowly walked towards him. He was bigger but shorter than me, and he was wearing sunglasses and dressed in a black suit.

"Hey son... how are you doing?" he asked me, and we shook hands.

"Good, dad... really good." I answered him, still smiling.

"I'm glad.... Come on Elisa, let's go inside. I'm starving from the way, and I'm already looking forward to your mom's food." said dad.

"You will be happy. She cooked spaghetti aglio olio and risotto ai gamberi. Your favorite." I told him as we walked in.

Then it was the same as usual when dad came back from his business trip. He kissed mom, they talked for a while, and then we all sat down at the table and had dinner. Our dog Connie also came to us. She was a purebred collie. She was usually out in the garden with her four puppies, but sometimes when we were eating she would come for something good to eat.

After dinner, I took a shower and then went straight to bed and slept. I was looking forward to picking Shae up from his house tomorrow and being able to talk to him again. I wanted to know so much about him.

***

Morning.

I sat in the car in front of Shae's house and calmly waited for him. I was planning to ask him what happened to him. But I was a little worried that he would get mad at me. It seemed to me that he was already quite closed in on himself, and maybe he could close himself off even more. Of course, he talked about everything except his family and what happened before he came to our school.

He mentioned something about being bullied at his old school, but nothing more.

I really wanted to ask him, even though I was risking his trust and friendship that only started yesterday, but when he got into my car in the passenger seat, I completely forgot what I wanted to ask.

"Hi." he said, and I answered him, but my mouth was still open.

"What happened to you? You... you look strange. You look very tired." I asked him worriedly.

"Yeah... I couldn't sleep tonight." he answered tiredly and yawned.

"Why not? What happened to you?"

"Look, Adam..." he sighed. "I have nightmares." he said quite quietly.

"What?"

"I have nightmares and quite often lately. I used to have them once a month, but now it's twice a week." he answered me.

I wanted to questioning him, but I noticed how much he was troubled, and he didn't look at me at all, he just sat quietly next to me and stared at his feet with his hands in his lap. Poor boy. He looked so messy. His eyes were terribly tired and a little red, apparently from crying.

I couldn't watch him suffer. Then I did something I didn't expect at all. I moved closer to him and hugged him gently. He winced a little because he didn't expect it from me, but neither did I. It just suddenly happened.

Then he threw himself on me and hugged me tightly and put his head on my chest. After a few seconds I heard him quietly sob.

I calmly comforted him. Then I looked at my watch and realized that we had to go.

But I could hear Shae snoring softly. He fell asleep. He fell asleep in my arms. Such a poor creature. I didn't want to wake him up, so I carefully leaned him against the seat and I returned to my seat. I looked at him for a while. He looked so peaceful when he slept. But there was still sadness in his expression. I sighed. We had to go, so I started the car and headed to school.

Shae slept the whole way. Every time I stopped at a red light, I looked at him. His slow and quiet breathing could be heard. He looked so cute and... beautiful? Did I really think Shae looked beautiful? What the...? Why do I think the boy looks beautiful? Adam you're not gay, you're into girls for Christ's sake! I said to myself. But when he actually looked so... beautiful.

When we arrived at the school and parked in the parking lot, I slowly leaned towards him and gently shook him to wake him up.

He lazily opened those green eyes of his and yawned. He looked at me and smiled sadly. Why? Why is he always so sad? I didn't have time to think about it, so we got out of the car, took our school bags and went inside.

***

The day at school was as usual. I saw Shae for math, physics, art and gym class and then lunch. We didn't talk about anything very important, we just talked.

Then, when we left school, I took him to his house again, but I wanted to talk to him some more, so I stopped him when he said goodbye to me and wanted to get out.

I grabbed his arm and he looked at me.

"Shae... may I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure." he said, smiling at me.

I knew he might not like what I was going to ask him, but I really wanted to know.

"Shae... I want to ask you because it's bothering me quite a bit... but, why do you always look so sad?" I asked him with a sad face.

He didn't respond.

"Obviously something is bothering you and something must have happened to you. Something very terrible, for sure. When we first spoke, you said you couldn't trust people. But why? What so terrible happened to you?"

He still didn't respond.

He just sat and looked at me. Tears began to flow down his cheeks. I realized that this is a really sensitive topic for him and that I really shouldn't have asked him.

"Please, Adam... don't ask me that. Never again..., please? I really can't. I've had to talk about it so many times, and it breaks me every time. I'm traumatized by it. I know friends should talk about everything, but this is something I really can't talk about. And I don't ever want to again." he said, starting to cry and sob.

I hugged him again, but... he didn't want to. He pushed me away. He was mad. I really shouldn't have asked him that. He unbuckled his seat belt and got out of the car.

"Please Shae don't go..." I yelled at him, but he didn't respond, just sadly left for his house.

"Fuck!" I said, resting my forehead on the top of the steering wheel.

***

SHAE

I got home, closed the door, dropped my bag and leaned against the door.

Why? Why did he have to ask me that? When he asked me, I remembered again in my head what happened three years ago. It broke me again. I dropped to the ground and cried and sobbed.

Ruby heard me and ran over. When she saw me, I looked at her and opened my arms. She knew what I needed. She knelt down next to me and hugged me tightly.

"Oh god, what happened to you Shae?" she said as she hugged me.

I sobbed.

"Adam... he asked me about my past. I broke down again." I answered her and cried.

She hugged me even tighter, caressing my back and kissing the top of my head to calm me down.

"Why? Why did he ask you that?" she asked worriedly.

"I don't know. He... he wanted to know more about me, I think." I answered her.

***

I was lying on my side on the bed, still sobbing softly. I was sad. I didn't want to get mad at Adam like that and leave rudely. I... I was just broke and I needed Ruby. I didn't want to think about what happened years ago and what "he" did to me.

But Adam didn't know that. He didn't know that I was traumatized by it and that it always breaks me back. I was an idiot. What will Adam think of me now? Will he think I'm mad at him and that I don't want to be friends with him anymore? I still wanted to be his friend... but would he want that?

The next day, Adam didn't pick me up in the morning. I had to get to the bus stop and go to school by bus.

I came to class, but Adam wasn't there. I sat down and waited for him. I wanted to apologize to him, but he didn't come. He wasn't at school all day. It was Friday, the last day of the week, and he hadn't come. On Friday, we had art class, his favorite.

Over the weekend, I texted him several times, but he didn't respond. I started to worry about him. The fact that I left rudely must have pissed him off.

I texted him all weekend and tried to call him several times, but he didn't answer. What's wrong with him? Ruby and Michael comforted me that he would definitely come to school on Monday and I would be able to talk to him. But I was afraid, I was worried about him.

And then it dawned on me. I was worried about him. Me? I never worried about anyone. Others were always worried about me. Was it because I had a crush on him? I did not know.

On Monday, Adam still wasn't waiting for me outside the house. When I came to the class, he wasn't there again. I was nervous, I was worried about him. Where was he? I sat down and looked at the door waiting for him to come and he....

***

ADAM

I was sad. I was at rock bottom. Shae got mad at me, and I was afraid we weren't friends anymore. What's bothering him so much that it broke him like this?

I didn't go to school the next day. I told my mom that I wasn't feeling well, and she told me to stay home. I sat in the gazebo in the garden most of the day, with Connie and her puppies keeping me company.

I didn't know how to feel about Shae. I liked him. He was so fascinating, he was sweet, the freckles on his face were cute, and he was so... beautiful.

Maybe I was bisexual. I didn't know. I've been attracted to women all my life, and now I felt like I'm attracted to Shae. Maybe I had feelings for him.

I wasn't on my cell phone all weekend. I wasn't in the mood for anything. Sometimes I cried because I didn't know what was going on. When I hugged him in the car, and he threw himself on me and hugged me so hard that... that, something changed in me. He was so smooth and gentle. I really liked the deodorant he used. I wanted to hold him again. But... Did I really have feelings for Shae? Did I have a crush on him? God, what's going on with me?

Sunday night, I decided to text him to test the waters. But when I opened the phone, I had several missed calls from him, and he wrote me several messages. I'm a jerk.

"Adam, why weren't you at school yesterday?"

"Where are you?"

"Look, I'm sorry I got mad at you and left."

"I've given it a lot of thought Adam and I want us to still be friends."

"Please answer me Adam.

"Adam did something happen to you?"

"Why don't you answer me?"

"Will you be at school tomorrow?"

Shae sent me all of this. If I noticed it, I will answer him immediately. I wanted us to still be friends, and I was glad that he felt the same way, but... did I really want to be friends with him or did I want something more?

***

The next day, Monday, I wanted to pick Shae up again and talk to him. Unfortunately, I stucked in traffic.

I arrived at school at the last minute and had to run to class so as not to be late for the first lesson. But as I ran, I was out of breath, and when I walked through the door to the classroom, I didn't notice it at all.

Dirk was standing outside the door and when I walked in breathless... he punched me in the face. I fell to the ground and stroked the place where he hit me. That asshole punched me right in the cheekbone. It hurt a lot. I was sitting on the ground and the idiot was looking at me. He was all red and angry.

"Don't fuck with me, Bellini!" he yelled at me. "I'm not afraid of you anymore. Not even your father." he added.

I noticed that Shae ran to me with tears in his eyes and tried to protect me.

"Leave him alone, Dirk! Please leave him alone." Shae cried as he hugged me.

Wow. Shae was so protective.

He lay down on top of me and hugged me, creating a shield of himself. I've never seen him like this. He was always so sad and scared, and now he was trying to protect me.

The whole class gasped.

"You're dead, Dirk." someone of them said.

I looked at Shae hugging me tightly with his closed eyes. Then I looked at Dirk. Dirk raised his fist to hit Shae.

"NO! Leave him alone!" I shouted at him.

But Dirk didn't hit Shae. Someone grabbed his arm. The director stood in the doorway and grabbed his hand. She had to go by and see what happened.

"To my office! Now!" she said angrily.

"So are you two." she said to Shae and me as Dirk left.

***

Shae and I sat outside the director's office and waited for her to call us.

Shae was looking at me the whole time. There was concern in his eyes. He saw that I was holding my right cheekbone because it hurt.

"Does it hurt a lot?" he said sadly, and I just nodded.

"It was definitely because of me, Adam. If you hadn't protected me... this would never have happened to you." I gasped when he said that.

"Please Adam... don't protect me and don't stand up for me anymore. Please." he said, looking at me with pleading eyes.

"No... you can't be serious, Shae." I told him calmly.

"Don't blame yourself for what happened to me. I decided to protect you because I wanted to. It was my decision."

"But I... I don't want anything to happen to you again." he said, and I smiled a little.

Shae was worried about me.

"Why did you try to protect me?" I asked him and he blushed.

"I don't know. I was worried about you all weekend. I wanted to talk to you and apologize to you and when I was sitting in class watching you come... and you finally came, and he hit you... I freaked out Adam. I... I don't want to lose you." he said, looking at me with tears in his eyes.

I could not believe it. He didn't want to lose me. A few weeks ago we didn't even know each other and now he cares about me so much. Did he feel the same way about me that I feel about him?

There was no time to think about it. The secretary came out of the office and told us to go inside.

The director saw what happened in the classroom, so she just wanted to talk to us. Dirk was suspended for a week, and she sent me to the infirmary.

ESTECZ
ESTECZ
95 Followers