All Comments on 'Broken Dancer'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Great story and characters!

5

wapentakewapentakeabout 1 year ago

A thoroughly delightful story. There's no exercise quite so enjoyable as dancing the horizontal tango. A well deserved five stars.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Great story and loved the premise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You must have been saving up all these enjoyable stories for some time. It is a thrill to see a new posting from you every few days. Thank you for sharing them with us.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

I could have danced all night.

des911des911about 1 year ago

Nice one!! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"tibia and fibia," _tibia and fibia,_ TIBIA and FIBIA. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!

There is no bone called the "fibia." It's the _fibula,_. I will be contacting Rich's ANP instructor from college, sometime this coming week, and having his grade changed. Us profs know each other and have standards to maintain. ;^)

Oh, the story? 5-stars for excellent plot and characterization.

Davester37Davester37about 1 year ago

I agree with Boyd Percy! This is a sweet story, and you’ve created interesting and likable characters. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beautifully told romance! 5 stars.

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

Very well done and an excellent story.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Another great little romance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another clever romance from a Romance master.

The story has balance, a good plot and strong characters that make it an excellent read for those who love a good romance. It differs from the standard line in that the love grows slowly and there is no major incident that pushed them apart that they need to overcome, but there are obstacles. Good read, well written. Definite 5

THC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars. Maybe the women at the dance club would be "aunts" to the new baby and all siblings Diane and Rich make. The kids may find another loving grandma... Mommy and grandma are the two beat names a woman can have

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done, touching.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

You have come back better than ever!

jackie_emjackie_emabout 1 year ago

Very sweet. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful and well told. Great story line. 5*+

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story! Keep up the good work!

Bronco56Bronco56about 1 year ago

Great romantic story

5stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is the quality we should get in every posted Romance.

LitCritLitCritabout 1 year ago

Great first chapter, now let's get them dancing and competing for real and maybe beating Jack at Blackpool? After all, Jack needs to learn that you don't just drop your partner!

LitCritLitCritabout 1 year ago

Great first chapter, now let's get them dancing and competing for real and maybe beating Jack at Blackpool? After all, Jack needs to learn that you don't just drop your partner! You gotta dance with the one that brung ya, or the one that you brung!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 1 year ago

Very romantic tale. I liked how Diane's attitude was presented and how the relationship between Rich and Diane developed through their therapy sessions and beyond. The one bit of tension I was expecting was Jack's return when word got out that Diane was dancing again and his comeuppance for being such a jerk or possibly a surprise apology when he realized how badly he'd treated her. However, even as I expected that, I was also hoping for the ending we were given. It was perfect with a very nice wrap-up. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Awesome!

Must Read

mitchawamitchawa12 months ago

Another great plot with a slow build-up with exercises, walking, and good dialogue. It was obvious from the beginning that this was a love story and an excellent one. With children, dancing competition may be out of the question, but it's a thought.

KinPAKinPA11 months ago

While not dancing, this reminded me of when my mom was in physical therapy after major vascular surgery. She had the same, “I can’t do this” attitude and the therapists worked with her to the point where she regained her mobility. Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Something like this happened to me in the mid-90s after a bad car accident which incapacitated me for almost a year. This happened right in the middle of my dissertation research, and the difficulty of recovery basically displaced it for that period and led me to question my dedication to an academic career. I worked with an excellent PT who was very charming, funny, AND an attractive red-head, but unfortunately (perhaps fortunately) married. It really took almost 18 months to walk quasi-normally again, and that prolonged recovery led to meeting ANOTHER physical therapist who I DID marry. She didn't treat me, but was a colleague of one who did. The PT who became my wife helped me become productive again, and I then helped her get her DPT (Doctorate of Physiotherapy). Two decades since and we've never looked back. BTW: the attitude towards dance the author describes for the PT guy here reflects some reality in the dance world. My wife's sister was a ballet core dancer for awhile, and she helped educate me on the fine and not-so-fine points of ballet, including the Vaganova training methodology, and how it produced dancers who later became mercenary professional ballroom dancers. Then I also got to see many fine, sensual amateur Latin dancers whose dance was an act of intimacy. The author describes this difference so well. And, BTW, the wife does Pilates and it makes me VERY happy! Well done, well done, well done!!

BlastusBlastus11 months ago

My thanks to the author for his skillful and imaginative entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of the top romance stories that I have read on this site. Thanks. Five stars from me.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Trying to work my way through your library as time permits. Good story with underlying plot that people can overcome almost any obstacle if they really want to. There were some plot gaps. What was up with his first marriage and could the cause of the divorce impact his relationship with Diane? How did Diane get to her 20's and stay a virgin. (I can guess she was too committed to dance to get in relationships, but would prefer the author make that clear.) Why no emotional relationship with her partner? Was he gay? What happened to him? 4.6*

SatyrDickSatyrDick10 months ago

[22.07.23]

Que Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass9 months ago

Physical therapists deserve a shout out for getting people to do what they consider impossible--which you've pointed out. But this was so much more than "getting back on your feet" story. Enjoyed it.

rbloch66rbloch669 months ago

A truly pleasant read.

RiverMayaRiverMaya9 months ago

☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A good story well told. A

LitCritLitCrit7 months ago

Reread this after 6 months and it still reads as well as it did the first time through. That's one sign of a well-written story. Congrats- and it still rates 5 stars on the second readthrough. Another sign.

wwaldripwwaldrip6 months ago

Excellent story, loved the romantic scenes

FandeborisFandeboris4 months ago

Delightful!! One heck of a romance tale. I liked how characters slowly grew to love each other. Even with Rich trying to fight it. 5 stars ….. again. 😃

Take care

6King6King4 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A_BierceA_Bierce4 months ago

Third go-round. I come back whenever I figure the world's gone to hell and it's taking me with it. You never fail to make me smile and figure I better just enjoy the ride. Another ☆☆☆☆☆.

WindySwimmingWindySwimming3 months ago
Outsranding!

Love your work!,

WS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A shout out to all therapists! I was in rehab first for a heart valve implant, then again 7 years later for a broken femur. Different rehab facilities, but outcome great thanks to the employees.

Same for the staff who helped my wife recently with dementia. They were very friendly and attentive.

Your wonderful story brought back fond memories.

Earle

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

You never cease to amaze me how many different backgrounds/professions you manage to seem so knowledgeable about as you write. You do well with character development and I like how you don't go on for pages with every sex act but it is the backgrounds that always force me to read your latest offerings first. Thank you.

ca_daveca_daveabout 1 month ago

You are a truly gifted writer. Every time I read a new story it amazes n

me the depth of knowledge you show. Loved this one thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories