All Comments on 'Broken Halos'

by Frankenstein1962

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted4 months ago

Dark, a very different kinda of story. Started slow, but picked up.

EricaDoesNowEricaDoesNow4 months ago

Loved it, so well done, until it went off the deep end. Excellent writing , though.

StrappySandalsStrappySandals4 months ago

A painfully sad, but tender tale... And, to a great extent, most of us can exhale deeply, and then thankfully remind ourselves "But for the grace of God, there go I". Well done. Frankie!!!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle4 months ago

It was ugly and sad and real.

It wasn’t erotic, it was a loss of hope. Steve was too young and blind to see that he put all his hopes on Ally and then on Beth and when they were gone, he let them take that as well.

Thank you for this.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really well written. It captures the pain and futility of main character but damn… what a downer. It’s not a negative to your writing at all as it captures the emotion of the main character and their turmoil but the ending leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

A talent for shooting himself in the foot!

5

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo4 months ago

A 5 and I hated it. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The only ones whose lives will change will be Ally and the baby, and that only until she finds a way to make up the money.

Bob, who will need to get a vehicle, and Lily/Vanessa who will have to throw her ass around to pay for it, will be inconvenienced.

Parallels to Icarus. He knew he shouldn't do it. He had been singed once already, yet he reached for the sun again, only to come crashing back to earth.

shadrachtshadracht4 months ago

Well written, but not a story I enjoyed or liked. I'm not going to rate it - we were warned it was unpleasant. I'm just not sure what the audience for this misery is. Whoever that is, it is not me.

DarkSmithDarkSmith4 months ago

Damn. Bitter and dark, like a cold cup of burnt coffee.

Well done.

DS

muskyboymuskyboy4 months ago

Sick. A biography of nothing but misery and self pity. No likable characters. Sorry I read it. Totally different from your other stuff. I've learned my lesson. Unfavorited.

FeltfixerFeltfixer4 months ago

Bloke was an absolute prick.

How would he expect the mother to react?

She thought her daughter would be safe with him, regardless of how Beth acted.

As far as I see the mother was the only friend he had.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really dark.

But really well written.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Can't even articulate how glad I am I skipped to the end. Holy cow. The author's note should have said "unless you enjoy being made to want to cut yourself, don't proceed." I won't rate, don't worry. But holy shit.

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

Now I gotta go watch a couple of Disney movies just to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

The company we keep, he was on the road to recovery and the mother ruined it all because she was a low life even lower than him. It's amazing how easily a woman can destroy a man.

hang1022hang10223 months ago

I can't say I enjoyed this story, but I also could not stop reading. Well written!

TheBard1982TheBard19823 months ago

Once more you have written a wonderful story, even if it wasn’t as happy as your usual work. It's a shame the rating is so low because I think it was very well done. I feel like the negative comments I see here just don't get it. Life can be really good most of the time, but sometimes it can be horrible. This is the perfect example of someone who has found a ray of hope after being at thier lowest point, only to have it ripped away by someone else who is at an even lower place, all for spite. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Not every story has a happy ending. Well written as normal. Thank you for all the stories!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well done. I like many genres of stories and I like all kinds of music. This is a really moving 'Blues' song.

Thanks!

bigurnbigurn16 days ago

Although the writing was fairly good; there was nothing to enjoy about this story. There was not even one good or decent character. Even his Boss, that gave him a ride was a cheapskate bastard. So, it's hard to give more than 3 ✨ Stars.

chasbo38chasbo386 days ago

When I finished reading this I was not happy. Life itself is hard enough. I do not need to read an imagine hard times story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

The only reason anyone would enjoy this story was if they were clinically depressed and were looking for an excuse to off themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 hours ago

Exactly how I feel every fuckin day of my life. Every time I try and get up, the world knocks me back again. My ceiling is only so high. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve been on a ride and thought about crossing the centerline and punching out. Medication helps, but it’s always there beneath the surface.

We don’t all work in a sawmill, and some of us hide it better than others, but the feeling is all the same. Thank you for exposing what life is like for those of us who deal with this everyday.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFrankenstein1962@Frankenstein1962
Just submitted the last of my romance stories I have been clinging to. The next few won't be in that category. I have one "Erotic Couplings", cued up, but everything else is still an earworm. Hopefully I can find the words to collaborate with my thoughts. Cheers in 2024. Rema...