Broken Pt. 01

Story Info
A mother returns after 18 years.
1.9k words
4.41
83.3k
218

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/26/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soul71
soul71
6,768 Followers

Editor's note: this submission contains scenes of incest or incest content.

Thanks WA001 for the edits.

******

There I was sitting across from the woman that had shattered my life and the life of my father and grandmother. The woman that had fled town with Roy, I stopped calling him my grandfather the day... well, let me tell you how this all began.

The year was 2002, I was six at the time, you wonder how I could remember so far back and so young? Trust me that day will always be etched in my memory. For two reasons, that was the day I lost my mother, and the day my father killed himself.

I had just got up from a nap that my mother had put me down for. I don't expect she thought I'd get up so early. Yet in my curious little mind I stumbled down the hallway. My eyes grew wide with joy as I saw my father there. He never was home that early; it was normally around seven when he got home from the paper mill. My mother had me when she was eighteen, she was already two months pregnant with me when she graduated from high school. That was when I heard some strange sounds as I ran up to my father.

"Oh Daddy! Yes fuck me Daddy!" At the time I really couldn't understand it.

"Daddy?" I said happily as I stared up at my father. Then I turned my gaze to my parent's room. There was Roy, behind my mother, her moaning like the whore she was as her father fucked her. "Daddy!" I tugged hard on my father's hand to get his attention.

"Billy! Jacob!" My mother screamed as she and Roy finally noticed us. Quickly trying to cover herself with the sheet. Then I saw something on my father's face that I never seen before. Rage! My father was a patient man, a caring man, this was not something I was accustom to. Yet that smirk on Roy's face as he stood there naked so callously putting on his clothes drove him over the edge. I don't think Roy thought my father had it in him as my father leapt across the room. His fist landing squarely on his jaw sending Roy into the closet door, splintering it as he did. I grew fearful as my father rained blow after blow on Roy's face. My head snapped over to my mother as she screeched before leaping onto my father's back.

"Billy stop! Don't you hurt my Daddy!" I heard my mother wailing as her own fist pounded on my father. I did what and kid that age would do. I ran and called the only person I knew that could help. My grandmother.

"Get off me you cheating bitch!" I heard my father snarl then a huge crash in their bedroom. Then another that came from the small bathroom in our two bedroom one bath house.

"Dad stop!" I heard my mother yell.

"Are you..."

"Grandma is on her way," I said, in that high pitched shaky voice as I stood in the doorway of the bathroom. Thinking I had done the right thing and gotten them all to stop fighting.

"Jacob! Oh my god! Mom's going to kill us!" My mother said in fear.

"You fucking think!" Roy growled as he pushed himself off my father who was groaning in pain having been pushed through the thin wall of our home. "Come on we got to get out of here before she gets here... Get the fuck out of the way," Roy growled nearly flinging me aside.

"Don't you dare do that to Jacob!" My mother yelled as her dress slid down her body. "You okay baby?"

"Come on Pauline we have to go, unless you want to face your mother?!" Roy yelled.

"Don't worry baby, I'll be back. I'm just going away until your father and grandmother cools down." That was the last time in eighteen years I saw my mother's smile. As my head stopped spinning, I raced after them. My hands flew to my ears as I was halfway down the driveway at the sound of the shotgun blast that my grandmother had fired off at the back of Roy's truck.

"You crazy bitch! You could have killed us!" Roy's voice was faint as he drove away.

"Come back you coward and I'll do it proper next time!" my grandmother shouted. That's when we heard the shot. You have to understand, my father, wasn't the most stable of people. He struggled every day with his illness, yet he always thought he had his support system. Us. Now that was proven to be a lie, I think my father couldn't handle it and he took the only way out he thought he had. As my grandmother exited the house she was as white as a ghost. She held me so tightly that day I thought I was going to break. And so, that brings us to the present.

"Do I know you?" I asked, as I set down my coffee cup onto the table of the coffee shop I stopped at every morning before I went into work where I work as a junior engineer at the power plant in the small town I still lived in. I took over my grandmother's home when she passed away a year ago. She had a seizure behind the wheel when she was coming home from her weekly bingo game and her car crossed the median and ran right in front of an eighteen wheeler. So now I was virtually alone.

"I know it's been a long time Jacob, but don't you recognize your own mother?" Pauline asked, taking off her sunglasses. Her brown hair still had its luster. Her face held a few more wrinkles at the age of forty-two. Her clothes, while not overly pricey, were sharp and fresh on her body. My eyes glanced over to the girl that sat beside her. She couldn't be older than eighteen. Same hair, more of her mother's feature's than my father's so I knew we were only related through her. I didn't want to know who her father was, not that I cared.

"Should I? Kind of hard to remember someone when they up and run away for eighteen years," I said, coldly.

"I tried to call three days after I left, hoping that Billy had calmed down enough so we could talk, yet no one answered. Mom wasn't taking my calls, so she was no help... what was I supposed to do?!"

"Oh, I don't know, how about crawl back with your tail between your legs, instead of disappearing for eighteen years. How's that for a start?" I asked, my indifference to her was clear as day. You would think I would hate her yet hate required emotions. Emotions that would always connect me to her. While indifference meant she was nothing more than an object taking up space.

"You can't talk to my mom like that?!" the girl hissed angrily at me.

"When I was the one who had to pick up the pieces of the lives she and Roy destroyed, you damn right I can speak to her like that!" I shot back.

"Enough Emily," Pauline said, placing her hand over her daughter's hand. "You're brother has every right to be angry with me. You're right son, I should have come back, but I didn't. I wasn't thinking clearly, and by the time I was, it was already too late. I was already pregnant with Emily."

"So did that wrinkly old man feel good being taken every day and night?" I asked, with a cruel smirk.

"There's no need to get crude Jacob," My mother, if I can call her that, snapped. "How's Billy by the way?"

"Why don't you go down to Croesan Hill and ask him yourself."

"What's your father working in a cemetery for?" Pauline asked, confused by my statement.

"He's not working there, that's where he's been for the past eighteen years, ever since he killed himself," I stated. "My father killed himself because of you," I said, very coldly. I was very perplexed by the genuine tears I saw in her eyes. "Why the fuck did you come back for anyway?"

"Oh honey," Pauline whispered as she reached across the table only to stop at the look in my eyes. "Jacob I didn't know. No one would talk to me or your grandfather. I tried, I wrote letters they were always returned with 'return to sender' written on them, I called almost every day, I wanted to come back so many times. Yet Emily needed me, I couldn't just take off and leave her with her father. It wasn't easy living with him you know."

"Hey, you're the one that was fucking him. How bad could it have really been?" I asked, noticing how Emily was biting her tongue. "You did cheat on my father with him after all."

"Jacob, it was complicated. It's not something I want to go into right now in a public setting. As to why I'm back... Dad past away two months ago." I saw no sorrow in her eyes when she said that not like when I told her about my father. Why was that? Not that I cared, it was just so... strange. "Ever since Mom took everything in their divorce, since he never had the courage to show up, before you give me some lip about me; I didn't either, Dad was rather unpleasant to live with. He became a very angry drunk. Not to us physically, but emotional. He picked the wrong night to start a fight in a bar and the wrong person to start it with. Since no one talks to me anymore I didn't know about Mom. I had wanted her to meet Emily, maybe even try to put the past behind us and work something out. Maybe not as mother and daughter but as friends of a sort; and most importantly see you again. To see the man you've grown into. To learn about your life, and maybe, hopefully, find a way to be in your life again."

"Uh-huh."

"It's true!" Emily jumped in. Her hands slammed onto the table. "Why won't you believe..."

"It's okay Emily," Pauline said, placing her hand on her daughter's shoulder.

"But Mom, you aren't going to let him talk to you like this are you?"

"Yes. I am."

"How gracious of you," I said, rolling my eyes. "You know what, I've heard enough. Why don't you go back to where you came from. You had eighteen years to show up. Yet now you do, you bring a kid you had with Roy, here, to this town! How about next time you're feeling all motherly," my sarcasm was obvious, "how about you just ignore it and forget I exist. You got pretty good at it for eighteen years. Another fifty shouldn't be too hard for you," I said, getting up from my seat and walking out of the shop. The cries of my mother fading away as the door closed behind me. Lifting my cup to my lips as I headed to my car to go to work. Hoping she took my advice and left town before I got off. However, that's story for a different day.

To Be Continued...

soul71
soul71
6,768 Followers