Broken Secrets Ch. 01

Story Info
Two dragons fall in love...but where will it go?
7k words
4.3k
4
1

Part 1 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/01/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a short work of erotic fiction containing furry, or anthropomorphic, characters, which are animals that either demonstrate human intelligence or walk on two legs, for the purposes of these tales. It is a thriving and growing fandom in which creators are prevalent in art and writing especially.

Please note that all characters are clearly over eighteen and written as such in all stories.

-----

"Yeah!"

Fyr shouted and laughed out loud right along with her friends at the rock concert, the bass heavy, throbbing through her, the vibrations the kind that almost overpowered the music that was being played. The band was one that she had followed through high school, picking up in popularity as time went on, but the dragoness was pleased to say that she had been one of their very first supporters, even boasting all their early merchandise, supporting them in every way that she could. That was what a true fan, after all, did.

The red dragoness, however, could not say that her friends were quite as into the band as she was, despite the music being, as they said, "cool". They were more there to hang out with her and have a good time, but there was no way that the other dragons would want to hang out and stay as late as her. They'd donned similar shirts to her, the pink Hera and silver-scaled Cassie smiling, glad to see her again while they were both usually off away at college. The slashes in Fyr's shirt showed off the stripes of yellow underneath, her tail lashing back and forth, the frills on either side of her head bright in the late afternoon sunshine.

Whereas Fyr's friends had gone off to college, she had stayed home to study, twenty-two and loving it, coming to the end of her course, though she had worked as hard at side jobs and part-time gigs as anyone else. Yet the summer was only just get started with her old besties by her side, laughing aloud as the throbbing, heaving mass of the festival crowd rolled along with them as if everyone there had become one mass and lifeform.

"Oh!"

It was pretty normal to accidentally bump into someone there, but Fyr was not expecting to be knocked sideways by a dragon-tail, though there were more dragons and gryphons and the like about than there had been a few years ago. She guessed they were heading out from the cities and towns to quieter places like where she lived with her mom and younger brother, though she didn't mind getting a bit more company out there.

But the dragon who had tripped her was resplendent in bronze scales with darker brown stripes showing at the back of his neck where they dipped under his T-shirt, emblazoned with the band name, though it was one of the newer merch options. His horns rose smartly from the back of his head, contrasting her frills, though he had to be about the same age as her, even though he was a couple of inches taller.

Her jaw dropped, but someone else, maybe a wolf, bumped her and, just like that, Fyr was falling, gasping, words ripped from her lips as she snatched for her friends, tried to grab onto clothing, anything to stop herself from hitting the floor in the middle of the festival. Although the field where the rock festival was being held had to have been grass at one point, it was no longer fertile and lush, not when there were so many shoes and hind paws tramping and traipsing over it. It would not have been pleasant at all for her to land on, but, as it was, a strong pair of paws latched around her shoulders, dragging her back up, despite her wings flapping and flailing, the bronze dragon smiling widely.

"Are you okay? Sorry for bumping you!"

He had not been the one who had sent her to the ground, or halfway there at least, but it was still endearing to hear an apology from him, to see that smile that made her heart beat a little bit quicker. Fyr's mouth moved, lips parting, but no sound came out, blood roaring, her heart going faster and faster.

Damn it...

She'd said that she wasn't going to feel like that about anyone ever again, not after the tumultuous early relationships she'd been in, losing her virginity to a loser who treated her like a trophy, but not with the care that such a prize had ever deserved. None of her relationships in high school and college had panned out, but she had supposed that that was just the way of it for her, all ending dramatically, none ending peacefully. She hadn't thought that she was meant to have fun with anyone.

But the drake smiled and pulled her to him, his paws sliding down to grasp hers, so big and so strong, even though they were, to be fair, quite well matched when it came to their sizes. She felt like she could step in closer to him, though she had been separated from her friends, the crowd moving around them, the two dragons standing together on an island in the middle of a sea that was forever shifting, twisting and undulating like a dragon's tail.

"I'm Carenath!"

He shouted, but she couldn't quite hear him as the music pumped up again, vibrations shocking them, the ground itself seeming to shake. Shaking her head, she stepped in a bit closer again and again until his lips were practically at her ear, shouting.

"Carenath! I'm Car!"

"Oh!"

Fyr laughed, but even that sound was drowned out.

"Fyr! I'm Fyr! Thanks for catching me!"

It was not the place for conversation, but the festival was in full swing and her friends nowhere in sight, so Fyr stuck close to the new dragons, a little sceptical about the rambunctiousness of the younger crowd, though it was still mostly just eighteen and nineteen-year-olds that were not all that different to her, not really. Even after a couple of years of college, some time to work, she felt like there was a world of difference between her, the dragoness at the end of high school, and the dragoness who was ready to go on with her life.

But she still wanted to have fun and a day that had been bright enough already promised to be even brighter with him by her side.

"Oh, you have little frills too."

They were not as big as hers, but she reached to touch them without thinking to ask, as if things were already that familiar between them that it was more than okay to simply do. Her fingers brushed the edge of his frills, moving further back to his horns, and it only seemed natural for his paws to land in the small of her back after that, drawing her in closer to him, the curve of her body melding perfectly to her.

As the beat rolled over them, Fyr thought, for the first time, that she might be up for a summer romance, even if she didn't want to think that it was going to last forever or go anywhere. She just wanted some fun, a nice guy, someone who made her heart pound as hard as Carenath made hers beat. His smile curved up even as he tipped her muzzle up to his, their lips meeting softly, a tentative first kiss as if the drake was asking for permission without actually using words.

That permission was given whole-heartedly, however, as Fyr's paws settled on his shoulders, though they were a close enough match in height that she did not have to stretch up onto the tips of her toes to kiss him, as had been the case with others. It was good to be tall, good to be strong, her heart turning over and over, doing flip-flops and all sorts of mad things as her scales prickled with tingling heat.

All was right with the world and, at that festival, her friends bowed out graceful for a quieter night to themselves, though she had been told in no uncertain terms by Hera that she was to stay in touch and to call them immediately if she was worried at all. In a somewhat smaller town, however, in the grand scheme of things, it was not the sort of place that "bad stuff like that" happened and a time in the world where there was still an element of trust.

Thankfully for everyone involved as they hung out, sitting on the hill above the stadium to listen from a distance as evening descended on the grounds, Carenath was not that sort of dragon. Not quite shy and not quite quiet, he said everything very deliberately, meaning what he said, presenting himself exactly as he intended to at all times. He was talkative, to a point, though she liked too that he always allowed space for her to move into the conversation, so that Fyr always had time to speak without feeling like she was fighting to be heard.

And his kisses... Like, wow.

What more could a dragoness ask for?

The night ended on the best note, Car dropping her off at her house, on a residential street that was set back from the main bit of the town with the greener countryside only a stone's throw away. It was a good spot and a town that quite often attracted a lot of tourists, which was also quite the reason that so many growing up there wanted to leave. It was not always the sort of place that one may have wanted to settle down and start a life, but more of a visiting place, a place of transition and change. Yet the youngsters growing up and moving on to brighter and greener pastures perhaps did not know how well the town had served them, in the beginning and the end.

"Good night, honey?"

Her mother, Sasha, looked back over her shoulder as she paused in the entrance to the kitchen, an archway that went through from the front hallway to the large, convenient kitchen space. There was a small dining table set up in there too for breakfast and lunch, though the two of them, if it was just them eating together, didn't usually eat dinner there. Sometimes her brother, Kao, joined them, but he was still busy, often doing a lot of work. Their mother had said that he'd found the job himself, but, well, Fyr wasn't so sure about that. It was not as if his grades back in school had been stellar and, as an adult, Kao was still trying to work out what he wanted to do with his life, if he even wanted to lay down any solid plans. At least with his mother to offer a roof over their heads and gentle pushing wherever needed, he had a firm place to set out from, however that led him forward.

Sasha was about the same height as her daughter, but even the deep blue dragoness with black horns and claws, so much like Kao that it was unnerving sometimes, saw her differently then. The flush in her cheeks, how she paused, leaning against the wall in the hallway as if she couldn't support herself, a dreamy smile on her lips. Of course, Fyr didn't drink or overdo it, but that day there was not even a touch of beer on her breath, Sasha laughing as she drew her daughter softly into her arms.

"Honey, what's gotten into you?" Her nose brushed her daughter's frills tenderly, nuzzling in that draconic fashion. "You're brighter, so much brighter."

She smiled.

"I got it... You met a guy."

"Mom!"

Fyr wriggled free, laughing, but it was all in play as she threw her paws in the air and stormed off, her huff all a pretence, saying that she couldn't possibly talk about that sort of thing with her mother, oh no, it was far, far too silly! But their joking came out in eating cookie dough out of the packet in the kitchen, giggling, shushing each other, trying to keep it down, though Kao was most likely already dead to the world in bed. If anyone could sleep through a hurricane in their household, it was him.

"Mom, he's really sweet, he dropped me off too... Hera and Cassie made me keep texting them to make sure I was okay, with him, but he was so nice!"

"You're lucky to meet someone like that, honey, I'm happy for you."

Sasha laid a wing around her daughter, hugging her softly, Fyr dipping her nose, stifling a yawn.

"You have a good summer... You know you deserve it, you've been working so hard at both work and college. Have you even spent any of what you earned?"

Fyr half-shrugged, mumbling something. Truth be told, she had a hard time spending anything she earned, knowing that she was fortunate to be able to stay with her mother while she found her feet in the world. Some were keen to get out and away from home but one thing that Fyr had always felt able to do in her home was to have privacy to share and privacy for herself, as she pleased. Her mother was always there when she wanted her, their relationship going through the usual rocky points when she had been a teenager, but had grown better and better, closer and closer. They shared everything -- or, at least, everything suitable and sensible for a mother and daughter to share.

She saved, since she didn't want to leave and jump start her "life living alone", aiming for a down payment on a more rural property, studying agriculture and business, hoping that she would be able to make it alone if she worked hard enough. It was the dream, after all, that if one worked hard enough, they could have everything and anything they wanted, though Fyr knew that that was not always the case, despite things. She could hope though and she could dream and she would know that she would have a gentle safety net back home if things ever didn't work out.

"You take it easy, sweetheart. There's a lot of time for all those worries of yours in life and now isn't the time. You have fun. Work will come and work stays at work. You're already ahead in your studies. You have nothing to worry about."

Fyr laughed.

"And don't you wish you could say all this to Kao, hm? You should be glad that I am so studious and never call you to get me to work "just thirty minutes late" or whatever it was last time!"

Sasha grimaced.

"Yes, well... I still have hope for Kao. But you are at the opposite end of the spectrum and need to find some time for yourself too. I'm glad you went out today and met a nice boy. Because if anyone deserves it, darling, you do."

Embracing her mother tightly before she excused herself to go take off her make-up and head to bed, Fyr hid the prickle of moisture in the corners of her eyes. She was lucky to have her mom, the relationship they had. She couldn't imagine ever being without her, regardless of how things could change. What could change to throw a spanner in the works between them when things were simply so good as they were?

As her head hit the pillow, a smile graced the dragoness' lips.

All was right with her little corner of the world.

*

Things did not particularly move quickly with Carenath, but, well, the drake was so much fun to be around! They went on coffee dates and dinner dates and walks in the park and even went shopping together, though that was a little more Car's thing than it was Fyr. She'd never liked the shopping centres of towns, the heat rising from the sidewalks, how she felt like there were too many others around all the time. But, somehow, the dragon beside her holding her paw made her feel warm and comfortable and safe, as if everything was quiet and calm when it very much was not, drawing her along, buying her ice cream.

Simply put, he showed her what things could be if, well, she cut herself a little bit of slack from time to time. Work had never been meant to be all work and no play, after all, and that day out at the festival was one of few things that Fyr had let herself go to. There was not always an extra shift at work to pick up or something new to study. She could not spend her whole life dragging herself away from pleasure and fun.

But Car seemed set on changing all of that, showing her how to play laser tag, something that she had thought would be closer to paintball than it was, driving her in his car, though the sunroof didn't always close and let rain in. He brought out a side of her that made her laugh until her sides hurt, tears streaming down her face from mirth, taking her out on the lake in a tiny little speedboat that had her shrieking at first and then begging him to let her take a go.

"Come on -- I won't crash it, I'll go slow, I promise!"

"Hmmm..."

The drake grinned, shaking his head, folding his arms over his chest as they stood at the end of the little jetty, the day quiet, despite the sunshine. It was still at a time where schools were in progress, even if colleges had let out, those students still filtering back to their homes all over the country, only some remaining where they had studied or returning to Fyr's hometown.

"I dunno," he teased, dodging a playful jab from the dragoness. "Maybe... Maybe, I'll let you...for a kiss!"

That was something that Fyr was happy to give, throwing her arms around his neck with a boldness that surprised even her and planting one on him. She pressed herself up against his body, practically hanging from the other dragon's body, Car so warm in the sunshine as he arched up against her. His paws naturally landed in the small of her back, drawing her in against him, their bodies fitting together perfectly, as if it was always meant to be.

That was romantic talk, but what was less romantic and more...lustful were their tongues twining and twisting around one another, deeply French kissing as if they would never again get the chance to do so. They were all alone out there, no one in sight, and Fyr's belly burned with need, a need that she had not felt like that ever before, if not on a smaller scale for a very, very long time.

Things were right and he was flushed in the face as they broke the kiss, moving away from her a little awkwardly, though there was nearly no mistaking that somewhat goofy grin of his as he adjusted his shorts.

"Do you..." He shuffled his wings against his back, wondering himself if it was right to be so forward. "Do you want to go somewhere a little more private? Just...you and me?"

He scuffed the toe of a bare hind claw in the sand and Fyr answered the question that he had not really asked her with a hug, kissing his cheek, down the line of his jaw, even hungrily nipping at his neck. She knew what he wanted and to say that it lined up perfectly with what she wanted from him too would have been an understatement.

"Yes."

She could not put any more feeling into that single word than she did, though Fyr hardly knew how she was able to control herself as he sped off towards the island in the middle of the lake, her heart pounding. There was a big part of her that wanted to be all over him, groping, moaning, throwing all manner of polite responsibility to the wind, become a more feral, a lustier version of herself. But was that really her?

But it was easier and safer to lean on him, her head on his shoulder, still wishing that she had a go on the boat, driving it, even if that would come later. Carenath would never forget about her, so she would find, even if he was very much not like any other dragon that she had dated before.

On the beach, they'd barely run the boat softly up onto the sand where the water would not sweep it away again when he grabbed her, intent burning fiercely in his eyes. Fyr met Car halfway with a low, needy growl, hardly able to believe that there was such need in her, though she was glad, at least then, that she was not all that inexperienced. Sure, she had not been promiscuous (not that there was anything wrong with that), but she had been with two guys sexually, a little more flirting, a little more dating, nothing all that unusual.

But she knew what she wanted, even if it brought a rise of heat to her cheeks and neck, breath mingling in the moment before their lips met on that beach, backing away from the sand up to the line of trees. They did not need to be too far away from prying eyes, just in case anyone else had to come by, though it was not something that either of them was thinking too much of, not as their hearts beat faster and faster.

Carenath could not hide the desire in his body either, his shaft thickening softly, slowly, but surely all the while. He tried to be a gentleman about it and not grind his hips up against him, but the dragoness practically trying to shove her tongue down his throat was not going to let that happen, tongue tangling with his, pushing him back, stumbling, tumbling to the ground. Yet not even that tumble would be enough to sway them from their fun, laughter amongst it all as he rolled on top, pressing his nose into the crook of her neck.

12