All Comments on 'Brother Anselm on Forgiveness'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It is a creative well written story.

I just wish Gary would have sued Mary, Paul, Paul’s coworker, and the hospital for millions over sandra’s death.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
It was

Well written but the wife showed no love or respect for him at all nor did his daughter sad and discussing personally i don't see how this follows the theme very well. Thanks for your take though.

rodryder44rodryder44over 1 year ago

This story puzzled me.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

Too bad you left so many unexplained gaps in your good story. They forged his signature, that's a criminal offense and will be punished by the state.

TnicollTnicollover 1 year ago

A very creative story line. Excellent tale

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Too weird. Understand his feeling of betrayal but the whole forged signature, hospital, Monk part did nothing for me. Sandra dying????

OldNewAuthorOldNewAuthorover 1 year ago

Wonderful and unique twist on a husband's recovery.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

Thoughtful and moving. Your use of theology was effective without proselytizing. What a silver lining Sandi turned out to be. Nicely done

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Thoughtful and very creative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for not forcing a dreadful reunion in the name of "closure."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This just proves one thing: if you want justice you have to get it yourself. The bastard is living a fun life with no real consequences at all.

And for all bastards and bitches that moan about karma, spare a thought to biggest and most ruthles dictators in history, think about how they lead a long, fun, enjoyable life. General Mao was directly responsible for the death of anywhere between 20 to 80 million people, yet no bad things of consequence happened to him. Where was karma there? What things can happen to such a man that can equate to the pain, suffering and death of more than 20 million people?

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Very

Avery enjoyable and different story.Me,I would have preferred him to get on with his life,after kicking the shit out of Paul several times and the bloke who impersonated him.Also shun Mary and his daughter.

woodwardwoodwardover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story. So sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you think ego's wait in heaven, you'll have to think again. ...

Strange story.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

5* because of the uniqueness of the story. But even after the second time reading, it feels unfinished.

@Harryin VA: How do you know that? Do you think, Humans are on the highest level of existence in the whole multiversum?

As I said, I would like to read more about what happened next.

Maybe Sandi asks him to become his sole parent instead of the asshole father and drunk mother?

For lovers of adult/”youth” stories there would be the possibility he falls in love with Sandi after she turns 18 and continues his life with her?

I’m still missing some punishment for asshole Paul, but not death. Something long lasting.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Apparently I liked this the first time. This time it seems like a ruined orgasm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Certainly unique. Twisted. His wife clearly had a mental illness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A DNA test would go a long way in determining if Sandra had had sex with Paul to become pregnant. It would also be very plausible that Sandra and Paul had an affair that resulted in the pregnancy and the rest was an elaborate ruse that ended in Sandra's death.

% stars for originality.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

This was drivel. The only positive comments are from fellow writers , which are worthlessly biased as no author will ever downgrade another . So what we are left with is a sorely made of Swiss cheese, far too many holes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not a fan of wimpy MC characters.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No need to toss in the adultery. Really cheapened things. Could have had the same effect on the MC. Same ending. Doesn't seem to jive with the letter that she would do that. The part of her having a mental illness and wanting to die, playing Russian roulette is tied to the high risk surrogacy, not the 2x adultery (and with her sister also??). That just killed the story completely.

FoldingFoldingabout 1 year ago

wow! This is a disturbing story. After thinking a while I understand the adultery. It's part and parcel of the Macguffin as Sir Alfred would see it. Sandra having her tubes tied couldn't conceive so sex between Paul and Sandra would only be because he wanted to fuck his sister in law. The happy loving family unit bringing a new life yadda yadda yadda is pure bullshit. Weighing this I come to the unsettling conclusion that Mary pushed her sister into a loving relationship killing alduterous affair either because she carries a deep hatred for her sister or she's completely submissive to Paul. She set her sister's marriage up for failure. destroyed her nieces' family and stability and threw her unaided into a confusing life of ration ionized debauchery. Poor girl. She's a true victim of her Aunt. CONTINUED

FoldingFoldingabout 1 year ago

CONTINUATION of previous comment.

After consenting to the needless affair the unstable Sandra was easy prey for the murderous scheme to implant a fertilized egg into her womb. What an asinine idea. The odds were very very high that both mother and child would die. The mother's death is an almost certainty. Therefore Sandra was convinced to cuckold her loving husband then abandon him, cheat her daughter of a mother to guide her in to womanhood, set the wheels in motion to completely remove that daughter from her father destroying him, and abandon that daughter to the bizarre proclivities of her sister and the slime she married. Wow! Then she committed a delayed suicide. Sorry folks. Unless she's seriously unstable this doesn't put asterisk on the penalty for suicide. It's a good thing Gary decided to ponder forgiveness. The other choice is that of an Avenging Angel.

RodimusMikeRodimusMike12 months ago
To all the party in this story.

Sandra,Mary,Paul,Julieta,Gary/Brother Anselm,and finally Sandi.So with the exception of Gary,Sandi,and maybe Julieta,but the rest of them are pretty much beyond redemption.

Sandra thought by giving birth to Sandi she was automatically forgiven in death and or heaven,but oh how wrong she was.Mary as much as she wanted a baby she committed an even worse sin by letting her sister Sandra have sex with Mary's Husband,oh but knowing it was an automatic death sentence for Sandra to carry her baby to term,and again no Heaven for Mary.

Paul being the fucking snake he is temporarily got what he wanted a baby,but Gary discovered what him,Mary,Sandra and even Julieta were up to and eventually Paul did a vanishing act,and Mary and even Julieta became alcoholic drinking buddies.

Julieta may have been riddled with remorse and guilt at basically disowning her dad Gary and was granted emancipation and adopted by Mary and Paul like she wanted so bad,but when Julieta found out her Dad had left without a trace she turned to the bottle to cope.

Now about Gary/Brother Anselm and Sandi,it sounds like BA one day found enlightenment as a Monk,and granted he may have forgiven Mary,Sandra,Paul and Julieta,but his forgiveness may not excuse them when facing final judgement. Sandi godbless that sweet angel sounds like a divine spirit and even tho she is no relation to Gary/Brother Anselm she is like his holy counterpart sister,and both are guaranteed to enter the Pearly Gates.

A few more things it was said Gary might want to see his daughter Julieta,but with her being an alcoholic would she even have guilt enough to see her Dad after all these years,I am not sure if she thinks she is worthy of seeing him,much less apologizing for her betrayal,or if she could even walk from being so drunk.Back to Sandi I add that she should pull a Julieta and get emancipated from her mom Mary,and ask Gary/Brother Anselm to adopt her as retribution to her Mom and Surrogate Mom for what they did.

Lastly I think Gary/Brother Anselm should get in contact with his Daughter Julieta and try to get her life straightened out at the age of 32,and maybe Gary can save her before its too late,cause I don't think Julieta fully knew what the others were up to,plus Julieta was still an impressionable child whe this happened and Mary and Paul brainwashed her into thinking Gary was an Evil Monster or something,and also Julieta and her Dad can try to rebuild their relationship only if she stops drinking

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

you can't blame every stupid decision a hoe makes on mental illness! they fucked up and deserved everything that happened to them

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

is that cheating hoe waiting for him in hell? She'll be waiting a long time

inka2222inka222211 months ago

What a disgusting, depressing, man-hating crappy "story". Wish I could give it -100.

The author clearly has a mental illness because he LITERALLY blamed the ONLY innocent person here (ok, maybe the bastard child is sorta innocent, although not fully - she COULD have renounced her "family" and helped the innocent man get some tangible revenge, and chose not to. Yes she's 16, but clealy his so-called "daugher" had no problem destroying her father at age 16 for literally NO reason at all)).

inka2222inka222211 months ago

@anonymous 3 months ago - while I can literally read the mind of the author of this drivel, the only possible reason I can imagine to add adultery to the story, is to make it hurt the protagonist even more, to push the main point that it doesn't matter how many crimes, indignities and shitassery a woman inflicts on a man, it's all good because he "looooooooves her". And is supposed to forgive all.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

And I agree with previous comments. His wife didn't have any "mental illness". She was just a cruel, asswipery, unethical criminal bitch without a shred of empathy, kindness, morals or any redeeming qualities other than liking her sister. She doesn't even rise to true psychopathy, she's THAT shitty. The ONLY person she chose to hurt was her husband. Not what a true psychopath does.

And blaming her lack of any positive qualities on "mental illness", is a deep, unfair and shitty slam on people who have genuine mental illness or are not neurotypical; and who somehow go through life without committing crimes, evil acts and assholery.

MattblackUKMattblackUK11 months agoAuthor

@inka2222 You can't read minds.

Medussa55Medussa5510 months ago

Most people have a formulaic opinion of how a 'Loving Wives' category story should go. A sweet innocent man is duped by the woman he loves perhaps helped by someone close to him. Either by his direct action or hand of fate the woman is destroyed and the man lives happily ever after. Any deviation from that plotline will not be tolerated, dismissed as unrealistic or just plain rubbish. I wonder how they would cope with a plot of a lesbian betrayal that didn't involve men at all. I thought this was a good story with an original plot it's not supposed to be real life for God's sake (pun intended).

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

those stupid hoes deserve all the misery in their lives. And who does Sandra think will visit her in hell

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Inka2222 had it wrong. No one could explain the deceased wife's actions except as some form of mental illness. After all, she followed a course of legal self-harm. But I do wonder what the theological position would be on spurnng a cheating wife once rejoined in heaven? Can you do a heavenly divorce? The dead wife was screwing the brother in law as a reward? And a quibble about his attorney and the hospital. Would his legal representative have a legal duty to pursue harmful fraud, maybe abetting a mentally ill woman in commiting suicide, and bring an action before the magistrate? The hospital board taking an action overruling a legal dept with full knowledge of the fraud would make them culpable in perpetuating a fraud that led to the death of a patient or at least provide evidence in front of a magistrate.

Reader2071Reader207110 months ago

Really good story. Needs a part 2. I want to see what happens next.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

@Medussa55 - don't know about "many", but as a BTB fan, I would cope with a lesbian LW story the same way I would - and do - cope with a "man cheating" LW story (and obviously typical LW) - I would hope that the cheater gets burnt, to the same exact degree. I hate cheaters of any sex or gender.

..

What makes the "woman cheats on man" BTB stories special (compared to reverse) is NOT, in any way shape or form, the sex of the cheater/burnee by itself. It is the fact that those BTBs are highly unrealistic escapist entertainment compared to reality. In real life, a wife can destroy a cheating husband easily, by divorcing, taking his money, his kids, and - if she's lucky - making up abuse stories in court that will be believed. This is pure reality, and does NOT require an escapist fictional story to happen. The story's still pleasing, sure (having a cheater get their comeuppance), it's just less valuable as an experience, in the big scheme of things. For comparison, a BTB where cheater is the wife, in real life would result in cheating wife having at best zero punishment (even in the very best case rare scenario, 50/50 asset split and zero punishment to cheater); and if there are kids involved, it's the husband VICTIM of cheating who gets unfairly punished (loss of kids, house, money). BTB offers the opposite, unrealistic but highly satisfying - BECAUSE of unrealism - outcome.

..

To help you compare, imagine two stories: "Honest poor man got rewarded for good deed by being given a $1M prize" and "Rich man got $1M bonus as part of salary". Both are stories about someone gaining $1M, but the first one is far more pleasing because of it's escapism/lack of realism. Second just reads like a Wall Street Journal page 17 article. Or for a even closer analogy, two stories' summary: "Murderer who fled to Ecuador to escape justice killed in a drug deal" and "Murderer executed for their crime". Both involve punishment, for same crime, but the first one is more exciting to read specifically because in real life a person like that literally gets away with murder, and the story fixed it.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

@MattblackUK - I would be curious as to what WAS the intent in your mind. However, I can't imagine any possible valid thinking that would led one to declare MC as guilty, and to forgive the criminals.

...

@anon - fully agree on legal side, he should have had the lawyer sue the hospital. As to mental illness - you and the author are 100% wrong. I may POSSIBLY buy the mental illness angle if it was AI, and even then would be highly skeptical. But a mental illness doesn't make you an evil cheating backstabbing scumbag, only being an evil cheating backstabbing scumbag in the first place does. Maybe she had a mental illness while being an evil cheating backstabbing scumbag, which would explain her willingness to die - but NOT her willingness to inflict harm on her husband and betray him 10 different ways.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

In the context of most Christian denominations there is only 3 reasons to divorce and leave your spouse... 1. Adultery 2. Abuse 3. Abandonment... Sandra had committed all three... Adultery... She had sex with Paul behind Gary's back... Abuse... in both deceiving and leaving Gary she caused him intolerable long-term pain... Abandonment... she got pregnant knowing she would probably die at birth and leave her husband forever abandoned... I am definitely not God, but, His Word is unimpeachable and Sandra sealed her own fate, no matter her so-called "good intentions."... the road to hell is pave with "good intentions."

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I like the story but also I agree with inka2222 and the anon from 1 month ago’s sentiments . Firstly to the anons point, she broke a ten commandment , why she did what she did to her husband is a mystery. But like the main character said. If she thought in heaven they would be husband and wife she is sorely wrong. I’m not sure if it will be a wink wink as you pass by your former spouse or if you will be to busy praiseing god but that is an actual biblical scripture that the Mc quoted. I do agree with inka mental illness or not she made her choice to take the rod of infidelity ( joke intended ) weather she genuinely was just cheating or wanting to give her sister a daughter doesn’t matter she still committed it willingly and forged his signature, I’m not sure if she would make it to heaven we are not god as the mc said. But it brings into question weather she was backslidden aka knew what she was doing was a sin follow through with it against the guidance of the spirit or if she was under grace at the time of her death This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, as she was banking on seeing the mc in heaven to patch her marriage up. I’m not sure he would be open to it. Either because of the level at witch she betrayed him effectively turning his daughter against him in order to provide another for someone else I’m not really entertained by the story, it’s more a thought provoking one in my opinion which isn’t a bad thing when their is a payoff f

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

jesus. this is fucked up. I can kinda get why the hospital wouldn't sue to avoid bad press, by why the hell wouldn't Gary sue the life out of everyone? They stole his identity and depending on how you look at it, either helped murder his wife, or helped her commit assisted suicide by forcibly and illegally removing his ability to save her life? Cherry on the cake, he has a confession in the form of hia wife's letter. Even without the cheating, he had ample grounds to destroy them. He talks about forgiving himself, but he didnt so anything, literally, he sat there and let hia wife die, then let those responsible go on with their lives. Whars he need to forgive himself for?

RzcanuckRzcanuck3 months ago

This story was great and demanding justice brought to those who caused it. Then it became turn the other cheek. I hate it when an author forcibly u-turns a story like this. Some stories develop a life well lived ending and others develop into all lose in the end. Even a RAAC can be good when done right. This one needs a BTB ending, maybe not severe but still does need it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Interesting but the wife NEEDS to burn because she not only committed adultery but also indirect suicide. I don't much care for his Sister-in-law or daughter though it's nice that Sandi seems to have not been polluted by them. As for Paul I hope his life is a living hell.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted3 months ago

What an F-up family.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

4 stars. Well written. Other than Sandi and Gary there were no likeable characters. Didn't "feel" that the ending was satisfactory.

Calico75Calico7517 days ago

Weird story. There is no set up to Julieta's desertion of her father and then the quick regret after ignoring him for over a week. The whole fraud thing is messed up. The MC should have at least approached a lawyer to see what could be done. Lots of holes in this story.

WrickettsWricketts6 days ago

How about a part 2

DeanofMeanDeanofMean5 days ago

Wow? What a stupid coward the first half was great (well it was all great the writing and the story telling) i cannot figure out how that man of fire got so walked over then went and ran away to his imaginary friends play house seemed a major cop out on the complex backstory you built so quickly (AMAZING btw)

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later