All Comments on 'Brought to Heel Ch. 02'

by Sumiso

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
RE: anonymous from 09/25/16

Why wouldn't he open her reply though, when he'd clearly taken the time to email her in the first place? He'd surely be curious as to what she had to say at the very least. As for why he's actually gone to see her, and is now engaging in these activities - it's because it's what he WANTS to do (as he makes perfectly clear in his own email).

People pay for this kind of thing in real life, presumably because they either enjoy it or perhaps it's a form of addiction. Clearly the story's main character is supposed to be one such person. So if SHE hits him with the crop, I can't see why he'd even THINK about trying to have her arrested! And I can't imagine that she'd actually be jailed for it even if he did, really.

Everything up to this point has been completely consensual. If things start to go beyond what the main character is supposed to be comfortable with, and she tried to force it on him anyway, then that would be a completely different matter....but that hasn't happened here (as of yet anyway).

The most questionable thing that 'Alan' has done in this story, I suppose, is in pursuing a relationship with this 'Mistress' behind his wife's back. That's not really something that a loving and dedicated husband is supposed to do, is it? Within the context of this story though; it is understandable why a man of 'Alan's' age, especially one who has been yearning for exactly this type of thing for what sounds like a long time, would take the opportunity to fulfil a long-held fantasy...without encroaching on his relationship with his wife.

Whether or not this character comes to view his decision to submit as the correct one (for him anyway) is possibly something that the author will look to confirm at the story's intended conclusion.

If, in a similar situation, YOU wouldn't have opened the email and YOU wouldn't be doing the things that this character is doing in these first two chapters, then that's absolutely fine...but this story isn't about YOU, is it?

Just because you don't agree with the actions/decisions that a character takes in a story doesn't make that story "really bad". This particular story is well written, and seems believable enough to be followed without the reader having to totally suspend their sense of disbelief at the events occurring, which admittedly can detract from the enjoyment of some stories.

At this point, I would say that it is well worth the author's time in continuing this story, if they so choose (and I'm pleased to see that Sumiso has).

- eX. T. C.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous