All Comments on 'Brownies for Two'

by vanmyers86

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
As a black woman...

I was really liking the story until the conversation came up about how he preferred to touch a white lady’s hair over a black ladies. I find it unrealistic that a couple engaging in kissing would bring up that sort of topic up versus just saying I like running my hands through your hair. Great build up to start I guess kind a lost interest after that part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sweet Treats on Valiers

Well paced story. I almost stopped wondering what the brownies might taste like; the sex was that good.

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your comment. I wrote the section about the hair with a view that he was a man who would appreciate the unique qualities of the woman he was with. Running your fingers through your partner's hair is one of life's pleasures, and he's simply enjoying that. If Shelley were the kind of woman who used a lot of hairspray, poor Mitch would have been out of luck! In any case, it was not intended as a negative statement towards black hair, and I am sorry if it came across that way.

I wish you a marvelous Valentine's Day filled with love, laughter and pleasure, and I hope you enjoy the other stories here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mitch

Mitch Miller...as in "Sing-a-long with Mitch", old TV show. Couldn't get passed that image for the rest of this story....sorry!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 5 years ago
But did they have the brownies?

Even though the title includes Brownies, and Shelley baked them especially for Mitch, we still don't know if they enjoyed them. Besides baking the brownies, we don't know if Shelley has a bun in the oven, since no mention of birth control was mentioned.

Otherwise, I found the story very romantic and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sensitive men like Mitch are hard to find, and I think Shelley has finally found her man. Happy Valentine's Day!

AnnasFriendAnnasFriendabout 5 years ago
Surprised by this one

Didn't have high hopes based on the title and cooking intro but I ended up really liking both the characters very much and wishing them well. They seemed much more realistic than most you'd read about in these parts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Slow start with the cooking, but turned out to be an excellent build-up and provided much needed back story. Keep up the great work. Would love to see a part 2.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

Packed with lots of emotional baggage, but ultimately a fun story and a great read. I look forward to checking out your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It’s nice to think that the cure for brokenness is respect and love. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
uservanmyers86@vanmyers86
349 Followers
"Becoming Who We Are," a non-erotic novel I wrote several years ago, has been posted. A couple of characters in it also appear in the upcoming Year of Yes, along with a few others from other pieces set in my Pennsylvania universe. I'm here because I love to write and read sto...

SIMILAR Stories