All Comments on 'Brownwood: I Dreamed Ch. 07'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
dennybrosedennybroseabout 9 years ago

Despite the oddness of this story, I stayed with it because like you, I too am a hopeless romantic. I almost quit this chapter because I was swerved into believing she'd cheat on him, BUT YOU GOT ME! :)

Kudos to you for sticking with and completing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
well done

Good job Im a old fart so I could see people I have seen go through this.Been married 40 years I kow there people who deserve 2nd chances . Foolish pride and selfcenterness has ruined so many people you did a good job showing this.Dagoatmandavid said it Cya latter 5stars

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Nothing like the old quick switch

This chapter was not in Brownwood. Unfair.. Thanks for a good story.

RedPillRedPillabout 9 years ago

I liked the story of Bree and Zach quite a lot, but wasn't crazy about this finale.

It's ok at times to be cute and use a little misdirection like the dialogue between "Senorita Morgan" and "Ricardo", before letting us know what's really going on. That's showing the reader something, but not revealing everything needed to know what's really going on. But I think this was a step too far: "So why do this? She thought absently to herself. Is the thrill worth the risk?" That clearly implies that she's actually cheating. I suppose that you can spin it that it's her getting herself into the fantasy, but it doesn't read that way. I think it constitutes actively lying to the reader, and I didn't like it.

After all that they went through to wind up together again, I was glad that the relationship didn't actually end up in flames again. I just would have liked the happy ending to be shown a different way.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 9 years ago
Don't think that a senorita

would have a husband. In that 'Senorita' denotes an unmarried/single female. Just sayin'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Both BTB and RAAC

Congrats. Well done. Four out of five. You have crafted a story that is both BTB and RAAC which is my personal favourite combination. It might seem a bit old fashioned, but I like stories where two star-crossed lovers overcome adversity and end up together. Bree pays for her betrayal of Zach. Both characters are well drawn and the supporting characters are good. I especially like Shannon which adds different motivation for everyone. I think the weakest character was Zach's mother. Sometimes I didn't understand her motivation. I think Zach's revenge sex with Bree was fascinating. He wanted something she freely gave to someone else. But anal sex is something Bree obviously finds distasteful even though she likes it when drunk and drugged. I actually would have liked to have seen this explored further. Do they end up having happy anal sex? I do have one observation that is sort of a complaint. SPOILER ALERT I don't understand the significance of the time shift on the threesome DVD. Zach thinks it happened the night Bree walked out on him at university. But eventually we learn it happened during Bree's marriage to Ty. The author seems to think this difference is important, but I don't understand why. Maybe I missed something but there it is. Please take this as constructive criticism. I look forward to reading more of your work. Also please ignore the negative comments from the hard core BTB crowd. They can be merciless.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
Why did I smell an 'air ' of L.W. in this Garden of Romance ?

The writing , as usual, was good . The start was top notch, but somewhere in between , the series lost the 'warmth' of a romance . I had to constantly remind myself ,its a romance & not LW. Romance needs an undercurrent of 'fantasy' , an unconditionality about the relationship . There's was a lopsided relation , till the end.

Of course , you did warn , 'its dark' , & it was & also too real.

The best /classical romance,usually, has 'the lovers against the world ' theme. IMO. The more the struggle the closer they get. Here it was the other way around,it seems.

A modern day romance ,may be. lol.

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Sigh

It's just a story. In real life there really are monsters, and Bree was every bit a monster. She destroyed lives everywhere she went. In a story it can be manipulated to where she gets to live a happy life and stop being a monster. But if a reader has experience with real life monsters this story just becomes too painful to keep reading. It's well written, and I'm sure most would enjoy all of it. I had to stop reading when it became clear that the whole point of the story was to bring them back together. Sorry I couldn't rate or be more positive, but then I've known too many monsters during my lifetime to enjoy seeing one get anything but what they truly deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I liked it and you're getting better every story

I'm a BTB fan but enjoyed this entire series. I used to be married to a redhead but she was a combo or Susan and Bree. I don't really care for Bree but people aren't perfect. To me He had to settle, not sure she should have been redeemed but then that's just my bias against redheads lol. Keep them coming your doing great

Wulfman_1962

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
2*s

Gave the epilogue 2*s . An unnecessary separate chapter. This should have been with chapter 6 .

Re- read the whole story , in one sitting . Was struck by the too obvious manipulation of the reader through the actions of Zack,Bree, and his mother .

Loses quite a lot of it's impact. A lack of realistic human behavior brings down the emotional effects. First time I see that in a multiple chapter story. Seemed cartoonish . Also discarding Ty 's family from the story is glaring. That no one would come from the family just to get even a little more info or to see Bree was unbelievable. This was your weakest Brownwood story DFWbeast. Hope you get back on track with the next story. Thanks .

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
After all the heartache and betrayal and dysfunctional interactions, . . .

they think fantasizing about adultery is a good influence in their life? He's glad that she gets extra aroused pretending that a strange man is fucking her? And this fantasy arouses him too? Until you learn to write a true realistic foundation for your characters they will continue to appear thin, stupid, clumsy, and most damaging to a story, unbelievable. After what they have been through, the thought of another man fucking her should bring horror to both their minds, not fun and arousal.

Thanks for trying.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 8 years ago
Good ride

Sorry all the bitter anons didn't get enough humiliation and revenge. I am also a romantic and liked the end of the twisting road. I actually started to get dismayed at the "affair", worried that the BTB crowd got their wish, but whew, romance won. Curious what scandal hit the engineering firm- maybe that's another story line I missed. Keep up the excellent work- I hope DFWbeauty convinces you to do more romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I saw it...

...exactly as kjohns2001 mentioned. Bree was a manipulative monster.

I wouldn't have touched that with a 10' pole, nor subjected my daughter to be around something like her. As for Allie trying to interject between them and working against Zach, well, I haven't spoken to my parents for over 30 years for something they did to me and they are well into their 80s.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
Very good ROMANTIC story

I've written romantic with capital letters just to remind some people that this is the romantic section and not the LW section

I mean some of you are in BTB mode all of the time and for that i pity you,you really must be very sad people

FD45FD45about 8 years ago
Well

I was fooled exactly zero seconds by this one.

I need to look up the big affair with the Grymms, if you even wrote it yet.

It was a bit of feel good fluff that could have been tacked on to the end of the last chapter, but no, you did not fuck it up, so I still stand with my original statement.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 8 years ago
Excellent writing, but this dawg don't hunt

This series is very well written - paced, good mix of dialogue and narrative. The problem is that there are no redeeming qualities in the woman - she was selfish consistently almost to the point of narcissism. Our hero should have stayed away from her and found somebody else. Credible for him to forgive her and move on; not credible to reconcile.

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 8 years ago
You Wrote

About feelings, which always overshadow facts. Great story...and it was a roller coaster ride. Happy endings are always preferable to living alone in a small apartment. Although, Bree's slut phase is a gigantic pill to swallow.

Ocker51Ocker51over 7 years ago
Getting Soft

I must be getting old or soft, I guess under my hard exterior I too must be a romantic coz I loved it too, well done, 5 stars⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bree

Should have found redemption just a lesser one and not with him.

It's not romantic when a monster ends with a decent person.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
Obviously,

Old gatorhermit has never been in love. Heat maybe, but never in love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sorry

Just couldn't get into this one. There can sometimes be forgiveness but in other cases there is just too much damage to get passed. This one went over the line for me. Don't get me wrong, the writing was excellent and the story was very realistic but there was just too much betrayal too get passed. He needed to just move on and find someone he can really love without the drama. I also thought the last bit was totally inappropriate. He had all those years worrying about being able to trust her and here they are roll playing about her fucking someone else. This woman can do nothing but torture him.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 7 years ago
Unreal

I just read this for the first time (can't believe I've missed it before now) Your little twist at the beginning of this last chapter almost freaked me out. I can't give you 5 stars this time only because you didn't allow ratings. That's all to the good because 5 stars wouldn't be enough.

Nicely done sir and hope to read more from you soon.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good'un

This one is really good..... thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
This was a great story...

I guess I too, am a romantic. Hard to believe they could overcome their past...yet they did! Life is full of the terrible things a loving couple can do to each other for dumbass reasons. I know that from experience, as do all your readers, I am sure.

Thank You

"OldMarineVet" Ron Wood

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A masterpiece!

Well thought out and well written, this was a story from the heart.

Congratulations!

FD45FD45about 6 years ago

Are you ever writing about the Brother Grymm Scandal or will it forever be background? I don't recall that story as I dig through your opus.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 6 years agoAuthor
Brothers Grymm Scandal

Legit question.

I tried to answer it. I posted it over on the Welcome To Brownwood comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thank you

I'm a recovering addict that is lucky as hell his wife is still with him. Your stories have helped me in many ways. Like seeing how others have used me and manipulated me at the expense of those i love most. And how my repeated betrayals and broken promises have hurt and scarred the most beautiful woman I'll ever know. I never would have expected to find those things here to be honest! But your stories were so well put together, and emotional, and honest that I'm blown away. I still need to put in the work, but I feel....different inside. More at peace, maybe? It's as if a salve has been put on an old festering wound. I hope to have the same ending as Bree. And win back fully my wife. Thank you again and again.

sexydad50sexydad50over 5 years ago
Great characters, great story

I loved this series " Brownwood: I Dreamed "

Great characters, great story

davwoodavwooover 5 years ago
Too risky

He should have kicked her into touch and found another more reliable

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic read

Your story kept me coming back with anticipation for the next instalment. Really enjoyed it and probably have to read everything you’ve written. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Well Written Story

I'm a closet romantic too and I've been through some of this turmoil myself. But this time there was just too much baggage attached to Bree for me to buy in. I believe in second chances, maybe even third but this woman lied, cheated and generaly fucked him over damned near every fucking step of the way and suddenly became the perfect woman. Entertaining story that had me more pissed off than watching a JAV NTR video but then perhaps that was the point. But I surely do appreciate your effort. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very Good!

Loved it. One of the best I've read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
DFWBeast ad Matt Morreau

In a 69 position this is what this story shows to me....the shher amount of betrayal..mabe could have squezed a raac but when its involving my child well being..she can burn in hell..and i think.. no norml male.. or female will accept it...so mm and dfwbeast 69

eightytuneseightytunesalmost 4 years ago
The Long Road

I didn't read this until now!

The whole saga is 5-STAR.

Bumps in the road, confusion, but it comes together when: "What followed wasn't sex. It was gentle and slow, passionate but tender. It was a melding of two hearts, of two lovers. What they did that night was make love". They became LOVERS not FWB, but FINALLY lovers.

So a marriage, a mother for Shannon, a wife, a husband, all came together, THEN.

Burcham8Burcham8over 3 years ago
Loved it all

A real rollercoaster of a series...but it got where I hoped it would! There are no perfect people, no perfect relationships, no perfect lives. So, sometimes finding ways back to one another is what needs to happen. I’m glad they did! Great job!!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Traumatic

Didn't know which way it was going to go and that ending nearly did me in until .....

Really great story with tension all the way through . 5 stars.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

Stupendous (my new word for the day)... 5*

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

Just awesome, even the gut wrenching, then relief generating, part of the "cabin steward" as a revenge tool. Bravo

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24over 2 years ago

This story was indeed a roallcoster of emotion for me, more that once I really hated Bree and her behaviour, I am glad Zach was man enough t forgive her, but I would have never blamed him for not doing so. The 'Ricardo' fantazy had me almost jumping into the story and slapping some sense into this woman really, thanks for that scare.

Bear1437Bear1437over 2 years ago

Thanks for the story. Well written with believable characters and a consistent time line.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

excelent tale, a little bit of everything

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A sweet romance and destiny was surprisingly

(Maybe more realistically?) filled with more pathos and pain than serendipity. A long and winding road to get to 'Candyland'. Thanks to cupid Shannon!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 Stars!!!!!

Such a roller coaster of emotions: raw, brutal, gut-wrenching and honest.

Just like love! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a cuckold story.. Please ignore who don't want to read such stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Actually, no, this is not a cuckold story. Yes, Bree did betray, abandon, hurt, and humiliate him, but that's not what makes somebody a cuckold. She returned the ring and broke off the engagement prior to the party. Their was no infidelity because there was no longer an active relationship. She didn't come back and continue the relationship after/while fucking somebody else. She didn't leave him because she wanted to fuck somebody else, even if she did end up having sex that night. She left him because she had commitment issues and was scared. She didn't cuckold him. She dumped him. He was no more a cuckold at that point than any other dumped boyfriend.

When they eventually got back together, he was no more a cuckold than any other man who dates/marries a non-virgin.

If you think there was too much baggage and Zach shouldn't have got back together with her, say that. The whole point of the story was Zach's struggle between his continued desire to be with Bree and his continued pain from losing her.

The fact that Ty shared her while they were married does make Ty a willing cuckold, so I guess you weren't completely wrong...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So technically you could make the argument this isn't a happily ever after for the cuckold who has rationalized hiself as technically not a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A brilliant story. I have read many of the “ loving wives “ stories and this rates right up there. One finds oneself looking for the hope, feeling the hurt of the written moment. Feeling the betrayal. A really good read. No skipping. No looking for the sex bits. Just hope that they find each other. Congratulations

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

This story instead of being in Loving Wives should be in Pathetic Men like seriously this guy was fucking pathetic. As in his 2nd so called love of his life the slut party girl I mean fuck me talk about having a fucking tupe😂😂😂

MoustacheSmugglerMoustacheSmugglerover 1 year ago

I really disagreed with a lot of the decisions that the characters made, and started get all annoyed. That made me realise that I cared about the characters, which is all I ask for from a story. Excellent job.

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureover 1 year ago

It was an Enjoyable rollercoaster ride.’ Great story.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

Hmm ;of course you gót all the wànñabees ; telling you how you Should havé wróté Yóur stóry.. But hey; that's normal on hére All the no writing;no imagination folks yaking about à cuck story;or your spilling😆like who gives a shed...!! You No-a like de stories hear. You'd go somvare else ta read de starys... Not hear no more.. okay dooky... Yóu dónt like um;go somewhere else . These are free you THINK You can do better??? Then put up shut up.. give these folks a round of applause;just for writing here;and not somewhere else ., Well done.. keép um coming . And thks.. 👍👏👏👏👏👌😉😁

jkthekatjkthekat5 months ago

I enjoy your tales-hopefully fantasy to me, Zach operates at a 8th-grade mental level or is just plain stupid. I'm not a doctor-tho I do play one in the bedroom, MC needed help at an early age.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Really well written story it had good bits sad bits dark bits flawed characters and a fair bit of danger. I really thought the cruise bit was both of them turning onto assholes. So was very relieved when it turned out to be role-playing. Overall this is an excellent series well worth reading. BardnotBard

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Outstanding! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So, Disneyland is in California, and Disneyworld is in Florida..the details matter.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

After sitting through Les Miserables I had a strong feeling I knew exactly what Hell was like. Sitting through two hours of miserable people singing of their misery in a language I didn’t understand were the worst two hours of my life.

5 stars otherwise.

TwmatthewsTwmatthews3 months ago

An emotional rollercoaster with characters who are both heroic and deeply flawed. Plus, the timing for the two main characters was always off just a little bit.

For those who like to BTB, this story will be unsatisfying. For those of us who like reconciliation and a happy ending, this is a wonderful story replete with believable characters.

Five stars for me,

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

I really liked this story. I guess unlike a lot of other people I never really hated Bree. I figured that they had broken up and well, all's fair at that point even if it didn't feel like it to Zach. I think the thing that would have really hurt was her running into that ill fated marriage with Ty after resisting Zach so much, but then again I also think that if Zach had been a bit more of a man and hadn't had such a severe case of "oneitus" and hadn't tried to hold on to her so hard, she would have eventually realized what a retard she was before she had gotten herself in serious trouble. I dunno. It's hard to blame college kids for being idiots, that's kind of their defining feature. In any case, she paid in spades for her immature decision making. The one serious gripe I had is that I don't think you needed to turn Zach into a grapist in order to have Bree understand how much he had been destroyed by what she had done. It was over the top, just the DVD confrontation probably would have been enough. Anyway, great story, a rare 5/5 from me.

NallusNallusabout 1 month ago

What I put down for my own notes:

Long story of Brie and Zack, from childhood to engaged. She uncertain, with building stress, leaves. He super devastated. Old HS romances Tye fucks things up for years, as does her drunken crazed orgy, shared with Zack. Other family involvement provokes a violent sex event, followed by showing her her DVD best. She's devastated and angry. Later, they start, stall, then alight..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES