All Comments on 'Buried Treasure'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
Too short and too quickly ended

It was interesting g the way you set up Pete as a potential stalker, and then dropped it, leaving the reader to figure out that Pete just wised up but the first person protagonists not really knowing that. That part made a lot of sense, even though we don’t know why Pete wised up; maybe he met another girl.

But the story moved from hatred by Brisa to passion too quickly; that needed more time and more development. Perhaps Brisa could have gone to Kevin for some reason, her anger seething but held privately, as she needed a letter of recommendation from him for nursing school since she was on probation. Another interaction could be thought of. There should have been a longer state of Brisa thinking him attractive, but an attractive bastard.

Perhaps Kevin could have gone to the judge and requested that her probation be reduced to one year after a request based on nursing school.

This was a good story, and I was getting invested in the characters, but it ended too quickly.

mordbrandmordbrandabout 5 years ago
Ending

As someone else mentioned, the ending was rushed. We never saw the break up with Janine, nor a final resolution with Pete. 4*

Sidney43Sidney43about 5 years ago

I agree with Mr. Richards, a sweet, well written story that could have been twice as long. Even if it had been longer, I would have been disappointed when it ended. The story line was nicely done and you didn't go over the top building up the confrontation with Pete. It didn't hurt that I also enjoy shooting and your writing showed a familiarity with that sport. I gave you five stars, good stories are sometimes scarce these days.

trigudistrigudisabout 5 years agoAuthor
The Ending

Thanks all for reading and commenting.

I felt the story was long enough without writing further scenes with Pete and Janine in them. Janine was a tangential character never even seen, and it's assumed that Kevin severed that relationship as he said he would. Per the story, Pete stopped his texting and harassment. He could have met someone else or just came to his senses (readers can use their own imagination). I thought of going into further detail with Pete and Janine, then thought the better of it because it would have taken the focus off Kevin and Brisa, the story's main characters after all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

I liked the story. I was in law enforcement and saw something like this happen. A chance meeting due to legal issues and some time later you see the other person again. You talk and get to know that person. Some people need to go to jail and prison. Some people need a break and a chance to make their life right. I helped some young people out with their problems and saw them years later. They were happy and had a good job and life. You never know how things turn out. Liked the characters. Liked the interaction and dialogue. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story

My second reading and still love it. A 5 all day.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories