Burn Baby Burn Pt. 03

Story Info
Plans are made and new love is discovered.
8.4k words
4.7
15k
36
15

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Dyspneiic
Dyspneiic
300 Followers

Chapter Five

By the time Molly, Billy and Beth returned home Saturday evening, Chad had already moved his entire wardrobe (limited as it was) to the guest room downstairs. He was sitting on the couch with Bobby and Gunner, sipping beer and watching reruns of Power Rangers. Gunner raised his head and gave a disinterested snuffle seconds before they heard the garage door open. The tension was palpable when the three entered the room. There was also something else, a sense of triumph and excitement as they all glanced about nervously and quickly parted ways for their rooms without even acknowledging Chad or Bobby. Chad frowned as he watched them slink upstairs.

An hour later he lay on the guest bed looking at the ceiling, deep in thought, as he scratched Gunners ears. The door latch jiggled (he had locked it), followed by an expected knock. "Chad why are you locked in the guest room?" Molly asked from the other side.

"What do you want?" He grumbled at the interruption.

There was a pregnant pause and then the doorknob jiggled once more. "Are you going to let me in?"

He didn't even bother to respond.

"So what? You're just going to lock yourself in like a child now?" Her voice was getting louder. "Why don't you just move down here then?"

"If you had checked the closets upstairs, you would see that I already have." He retorted. "Good night!"

He heard her exhale loudly and walk away.

Last evening, he gave Matt the contact information for his new divorce team and told him to send them what they needed. He also arranged for them all to have a conference meeting Monday after close of business at the Bradley Law Office. Otis and Beulah agreed to meet there as well.

Sometime this week he had to call his boss Hank Jessup at the oil field administration building and give him the bad news. He knew Hank would not take it well and would try everything to talk him out of quitting his job.

While Molly and the older two were out, Chad obtained two cheek swabs from Bobby and one from himself. The first kit was sealed with his and Bobby's spit and ready to mail off Monday morning. All he needed for the second kit was a sample from Frank. He would give the unfinished kit to Jessica when he saw her tomorrow.

He saw her ravishing body in his mind's eye, and he thought of nothing else until he fell asleep.

***

Sunday morning found Chad reviewing the mental list of chores he had to do that day. The yard work had been neglected for 3 weeks so that was his first priority. His truck needed an oil change too. A pretty simple chore with it lifted so high. He had already bought the oil and filter. He had planned to eventually pressure wash the house but that remained to be seen.

With coffee in hand, he went out to the back shop where the mower was parked and proceeded to fuel it up and check it over. Climbing aboard, he fired it up and got started. By 3:00 pm he had accomplished his first two objectives and decided to call it good for the day. He spent the afternoon sitting on the front porch with Gunner, enjoying a few beers as he considered his situation once again.

Paul had provided him with a list of things to take care of before serving the divorce papers. This included cancelling joint accounts and paying them off. He had already gathered their mortgage, insurance, taxes, and vehicle registration information. Both vehicles were paid off, but he still had 20 years to go on the mortgage. If they ended up selling the place, they would have very little equity to split. He had thoughts on how to handle those things, but he needed financial and legal advice first.

As far as extended family went, he was hesitant to contact either of his parents just yet and had no interest in speaking with either of hers. The Ruston's were a quiet couple that suffered terribly with the loss of their youngest. They always welcomed a visit but were distant with the grandkids. Not so his Momma; she adored the three of them and always looked forward to seeing them. His dad was still butt-hurt over Chad's running off and leaving the farm and didn't talk to him much. 'Wonder what he'll think of me after all the dust settles?' He mused. He suddenly drifted off as Jessica entered his mind again. He thought of her touch and how it felt as they hesitated to draw apart. Then he imagined taking her to meet his parents before he snapped out of it and chided himself for wool gathering.

Tomorrow would be an interesting day.

***

"Thank you all for coming." Chad stood before the conference room table and smiled at 6 faces gazing back at him. At Jessica's suggestion, all electronics were left out in the lobby to alleviate unwanted ears listening in. A simple cassette recorder sat in the center of the table recording the meeting for future review. To his left sat Beulah, Otis, and Matt and to his right Jessica, Jennifer, and Paul. He admired Jessica's more professional attire and as she appeared dressed in a pair of casual pressed slacks and overcoat. He met her immediately before they gathered and presented her with the two DNA kits. She took them eagerly saying she would be ready to send them both off this week.

"I guess since everyone has already been introduced and we are all now one big happy family—I should get started." He reached into his pocket and produced the two red and white printed receipt. Holding them up he said, "This is the third winning ticket from last month's MegaMillions Lottery drawing." He held it up. "And these are the winning numbers to verify that it is legit." He placed them both on the table in front of Paul who looked like a fish out of water. "After taxes it should be worth about 170 million dollars."

Even the crickets were silent in the room as he looked around at all the astonished faces. With the exception of Beulah and Otis, none of them had a clue.

Finally, a whistle sounded from his right. "Damn Paul Bunyan! You sure know how to make an entrance!" Jessica mused with a flick of her head. She eagerly took both slips as her twin passed them down. "This is huge! Yet so...tiny."

Several questions were brought up quickly and Chad was prepared to respond before Otis cut him off. "Ah think the boy is leadin up ta sumthin but he ain't seen fit to share it wif us yet." He grinned and winked at the Celtic pixie across from him. Jess gave him a sweet disarming smile that was all dimples and teeth.

Chad shuffled his feet uncomfortably and then sat in the chair before him. "The problem is I don't want any of this to go to my ex-wife." He recognized the uncertain expressions on the faces of his Lawyers and Accountant.

"Really Chad," Jennifer said. "Does it even really matter? Half of 170 million is still a lot of money." She stated simply. "To suggest keeping it from her puts us on a very slippery slope."

Her sister watched the tell-tale signs on Otis' face and then glanced back at Chad expectantly.

Chad spread his hands then placed them firmly on the table. "True it would make things simpler for y'all in the division of assets. But I am not giving her a red cent if I can help it and she will get none of the jackpot either." He was quite firm despite the soft rumble of his voice. "Because it won't be mine to share."

Another silent spell surrounded the table as the ticket completed its circuit and was placed again before Chad. He grabbed it and walked it over to where Otis and Beulah were sitting and placed it on the table before them. He raised his hand to quell any questions as he returned to his seat.

"I thought of the solution after speaking with Matt." He acknowledged his confused friend. "I want Otis and Beulah to go and claim the Lottery jackpot." He nodded at both their astounded faces. Then he glanced at Matt. "And I want them to put it all into a Trust fund set up under one of those corporate entities you told me you can set up."

Chad could see the light bulbs flash on in all their eyes as they realized what he was saying.

"I want you to arrange it so that everyone at this table is listed as an officer or board member. And then I want you to see that each of you receives an immediate sum of $10 million dollars in the most tax efficient method you can think of." He grinned at their stunned expressions. "Except for me." He added quickly. "I will be a silent partner and until this divorce is finalized—I wish to be penniless." He stopped talking and leaned his chair back indicating that he was ready to hear their thoughts.

Paul still looked utterly shocked, and his wife stared at the giant man with eyes as wide as saucers. She opened and closed her mouth several times before she found her voice. "Ch—Chad. This is..." She looked over to her sister who also appeared at a total loss for words. "This is...so incredible! I'm not sure what to say." She stammered.

Beulah stood calmly and walked over to him wrapping her tiny arms about his neck. "Oh, sweet boy! You don't have to do this for us, Cheri." Her voice was as sweet and soft as honey as she peered lovingly into his face. "We don't need any of your money. We are just happy to have you in our lives." Tears started flowing down her face as she hugged him again.

"Now wait up ther woman!" Otis cackled suddenly. "I's still lookin ford to one of dem rich folk dinnahs!" He cried out. "And I liking me one of those fancy suits too!"

Beulah turned back to her loud husband while still holding her wet cheek to Chad's. "Oh, hush you!" She retorted lovingly. "You are a terrible man!"

Giggles erupted from the twins and Chad saw Jessica dab her left eye discretely.

After that the discussion became animated and many thoughts were shared. With Paul and Matthew steering the conversation and adding their expertise, a plan was drafted for consideration and pages of notes were taken. Matt advised everyone on the various corporate structures including LLCs, C Corps and S Corps. He also explained the murky procedures for establishing offshore shelters and Swiss accounts for protecting their money. Paul discussed having the corporation pay off Chad's existing mortgage and agreed to research the ramifications with divorce proceedings.

Matt agreed to have the paperwork ready within the week so that they could meet again to collect signatures and notarizations in preparation for filing the corporation. Once it was established, an account would be opened for the direct transfer of the lottery proceeds. Since Otis and Beulah were tasked with collecting the prize—they were elected as Chair and Co-chair of the board. They discussed issues of voting rights, survivorship, and responsibilities. When asked what to name it, Chad's face lit up with sudden inspiration. "We will call it the Gunner Foundation." And the first order of business was ratified.

After breaking up the meeting Chad found himself the recipient of several warm and prolonged hugs. He was especially taken by the embrace of his new PI. She gripped him tightly and hummed into his chest. Then she released him with a soft kiss to his lips and made her escape before he could recover. Beulah beamed at him knowingly as she linked her arm with his and escorted him from the room. Otis followed them out and they gathered around Chad's truck.

Chad grabbed each of them and hugged them tightly. "I know you must be pretty shell shocked from all this so far." He stated. "It will probably be at least a week before Matt and Paul have things set up for us to have you go in and claim the pot. I'm sure it will take a few more days before the money even becomes available." He added. "But it is never too early for you two to start making some plans."

They both started to object but he cut them off. "Guys. I'm not talking about earth shattering changes here. But I seriously want you two to consider something." He looked at each of them intently and they waited for him to continue. "You two are the closest, dearest friends in my life. And I know better than anyone how much you deserve to be rewarded. Now start thinking about that reward." He continued to grasp them with his enormous arms. "I want you to think about going on an extended vacation, a long ocean cruise over to Europe or something." He suggested. "Think big. Tour the world. You deserve it.'

He released Beulah so that he could spin Otis around to face him. "Otis...I love you like a brother. More than a brother even. And I am telling you this from my heart, okay?" Otis had teared up a bit and nodded back at his friend. "I'm worried about your health. Those cigarettes have damaged you, Oty. I want you to look over at that beautiful creature you were lucky enough to woo and marry—and I want you to HEAR what I am saying."

His black friend sniffed and glanced tearfully at his wife who let her tears flow freely down her face. "It's not too late to change your path my friend. I don't want you dying early and leaving her all alone in this world ya hear?" He gripped Otis's shoulders tightly. "You can shake that habit of yours and even more, you can now afford the best healthcare in the world!" Releasing his friend Chad reached over and snatched the ever-present pack of smokes from Oty's coveralls. He presented the pack to his friend in front of his lovely wife. "You have more to live for than ever now friend. What do you choose?"

Otis's lips began quivering as he nodded his head vigorously and accepted the pack back from his friend. With no hesitation he crushed it and tossed it away. He couldn't speak so he just gripped Chad's hand with both of his and shook it firmly. Then he turned and welcomed his wife into a loving embrace.

***

Later that evening as he was lying in bed thinking about the day's events, his phone buzzed indicating a new text message. It was from Jessica, "Hey PB r u still up?" He replied affirmative and asked how she was doing?

"Great. I have news. Is your phone safe?"

He frowned. "Honestly, I don't know. Can you find out?"

"Better to be safe than sorry. What are your plans tomorrow?"

"Headed back down to Falls City for the day."

"U gonna need your phone?"

"No not really. Y?"

"Bring it by and leave it with me before you go. I'll check it out."

"K. Where at?"

She forwarded him her address and left him with a kissing face emoji.

He grinned and deleted their messages. Were they being paranoid? With all he had learned and discussed these last few days, he didn't feel paranoid enough. He frowned and lay back, jockeying for a position in the full-sized bed, with a 180-pound dog.

***

It was just after lunch when he arrived at the oil production administration building just East of the sprawling oil field. Chad had started working for Richardson Petroleum the day he ended his terminal leave from the Navy. That was 11 years ago, and he started out as a diesel mechanic. He was also certified in the Navy as a heavy equipment operator (he had spent his last 3 years with a Seabee unit) and obtained his 6-G welding certificate, making him a readily available pipe fitter as well. He was widely respected as a mechanic and steel worker at his job, and he was quickly put in charge of his own shop.

Hank Jessup was the Administrator in charge of plant maintenance and fabrication. He had personally hired Chad and oversaw his performance throughout his tenure with the company. He was quickly approaching his 70's and looked every day of it. Soft spoken and hardheaded, he was slow to anger and quick to forgive, but he tolerated zero bullshit from his people and took safety to tyrannical extremes. He was a great friend and a terrible enemy. While Chad didn't consider him a friend, he did hold the utmost respect for him. So, he chose to take care of his eminent departure in person rather than via email or phone.

Hank was not expecting to see him walk into the office and approach his secretary. With a frown he rose from his desk and met him out in the reception area. "Chad! What brings you all the way over here during your time off?" He offered his hand and was reassured by Chad's firm but not crushing grip.

"Good afternoon Mr. Jessup." He replied formally and returned his gaze levelly. "I have a delicate situation that I wanted to speak to you about—in person."

Hank had an uneasy feeling as he turned and led him back to his private office, closing the door. "You're not leaving us are you son?" He asked before either had even taken their seats.

Chad looked contrite. "I'm afraid so sir." He replied woodenly. "And I have to do it right away."

Hank was gob smacked as he leaned back in his high-backed swivel chair. "Tell me what's going on. Maybe we can work something out." He responded, just short of pleading.

Chad gave him an abbreviated version of his marital woes, leaving out the lottery windfall and the identity of his wife's new lover. "So, you see, I can't just give you 2 weeks' notice or even accept being laid off." He explained. "I need you to fire me."

Hank was at a loss for words as he considered everything he just heard. Having gone through a divorce himself he understood Chad's predicament exactly. And he secretly applauded his alimony solution. What he didn't understand was, "but what will you do for money?"

"I have quite a bit saved up for now and it is safely tucked away where she can't get it. I can also get a few cash gigs as a mechanic at my friend's auto shop." He reassured his boss. "One other thing. My accountant needs all the nitty gritty on my retirement plan. He's got something up his sleeve to keep it from her too."

Hank nodded and pushed a button on his intercom. "Cynthia, could you come in here for a moment?"

The office door promptly opened, and his cute blonde secretary entered. "Yes Mr. Jessup?"

He explained the information he needed from HR and the Company contracted to manage their retirement portfolios. She looked turned a worried look over to his guest. "You're not leaving are you, Chad?" She asked.

He spread his hands in resignation. "I'm afraid so Cindy-Lou." He smiled. "I'm being fired."

"Fired?" She gasped, looking back at Hank who shared her troubled look. "Whatever for?"

Hank looked confused as he considered. "I hadn't thought about that part." He confessed.

"How about drunk on the job?" Chad offered.

Jessup shook his head immediately. "No, we are required to offer you a rehab program to straighten you out. There is a probationary period involved."

"Say I stole something or vandalized a pump."

"Nope. There would be criminal charges."

Cynthia looked back and forth between the two trying to understand what they were talking about. "You are trying to find a reason to get fired?"

Chad winked at her. "How about my declining performance?"

"Son, you have maxed every performance review since you started here. And we just completed your last one only a few months ago."

An idea came to the secretary, and she smiled brightly. "How about sexual harassment?" She asked.

Both men gaped at her. Hank shifted uncomfortably. "Well..."

"We have a zero-tolerance policy and it's iron clad." She stated happily.

The boss continued to fidget as he tried to find a flaw in the idea.

Chad eagerly jumped to his feet and quite soundly smacked the blonde girl sharply across her tight ass. She squeaked in surprise and her glare of indignation faded quickly to a conspiring giggle. "Thanks, sweet cheeks!" He laughed. "I guess you aren't as blonde as you look!" He added boisterously.

"Mr. Jessup!" She wailed piteously. "That...that ANIMAL just sexually harassed me." She pouted outrageously, causing Hank to roll his eyes at the spectacle. "And he touched my...bottom inappropriately!"

With a sigh he shook his head and looked menacingly at his best mechanic. "Mr. Hartley I'm warning you..."

Dyspneiic
Dyspneiic
300 Followers