All Comments on 'Burning Bridges'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellabout 2 years ago

Even you're "fun and fluffy" has it's usual depth of character. Way to add some life long romance into the mix. As always... Thank you.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 years ago

Excellent as always. I just wish you stated what ages the kids were.

linnearlinnearabout 2 years ago

Always a wonderful story.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 2 years ago

Randy you never disappoint. I love to read your stories and it always gladdens my cranky old 75 yr. old heart. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice little story but not very original. 4⭐

And of course, her new guy is more, more, more…than the old one, of course.

And even the girls prefer him to their father, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You might be the best there is at writing dialogue. This was funny, dramatic, romantic and hot! It's been a long dry spell and you ended that with a bang. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another great one from the first lady of Literotica. I'll read anything you write.

teslaownerteslaownerabout 2 years ago

Good story, but what wasn't clear was why she ever married Jake in the first place, instead of going after Q?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cuck sh... oh, wait. Does Syn have a sister? Someday I'll meet a woman like that. 5 stars

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 2 years ago

Probably not one of your better stories, I thought the characterisation was poor and lack of any real emotion shown.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Full marks for the Dragonball Z reference. Pure gold.

My grandma got married in a red dress and she and my grandfather were the template I emulated.

All around great story!

kelchakelchaabout 2 years ago

Cute little story.

As an aside, the ripped Jean's description bothered me. Reminded me of an interview of Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore's early days. Two Chinese men had to work different shifts because they only had one pair of pants to share between them. There is something wrong with a society that sees nothing wrong with deliberately consuming in this way.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

Why do I feel the story is lame?

I don't think I am being misogynistic here.

The things Synthia did were -- I feel, quite forced.

Maybe I ddn't read much details of how bad Jake cheated.

I feel the writer could have gotten the estranged couple more conversation to get the me to hate the husband, but instead the writer focused more on Synthia getting wet on her evening out with Quinlain.

Sorry blackrandi1958 but I skipped most of the date and sex part of Syn and Q.

Ok then, I guess, Jake did do bad as his children doesn't like him much as father.

/

I can't shake it -- why do I get the feeling that Jake's kids were Quinlain"s...

Qunlain and Syn should have waited doing the dirty after the divorce was final.

CAn't get the feeling they've been cultivating emotional affair years prior.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 years ago

This was a fun trip down LW lane. It was a Romance once the cheating husband was tossed and a very good one.

Burner dude used my name in vain and then had the nerve to bring up Ohio in a comment? WTF? Ohio? Ohio wants to be me when he grows up! Well done, Randi.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 2 years ago

A fun story by a fun author. Top marks from me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

@Anonymous Re: New Guy - I suppose you also criticize cheating wife stories where the husband gets a hotter, younger new wife that the kids love?

\

@Burner70, where did you see a clip mentioned here?

\

I don't understand the obsession with wanting the victims of cheaters to wait until the divorce is final before consummating a new relationship.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 2 years ago

A great story - finally a burn the bastard one - but Synthia's comfort with Q was also a significant contributor to the end of her marriage. How can you go through life with the passion for a single man who is not your husband. Everyone makes mistakes and her's was marrying the guy that was not Q.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

Liked this “fluffy” piece; true, maybe not as “meaningful “ as some of your other pieces, but still quite entertaining and as always well crafted. Love the dialogue, especially initial banter between Syn and Jake: “I like ducks, don't you? Especially the little cute fluffy ones.". Not sure if intended, but almost humorous to see monotonously common LW tale flipped so effortlessly. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

Writing as good as always, but these characters are annoying. Either gratingly perfect (the new couple) or just a one-note jackass (the ex). Actually a pretty accurate gender-flip of the average 'See ya, sucker' story in LW.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 2 years ago

Fluffy, fun, and brilliant. Reading this was a nice way to start the day. Thank you for sharing this.

historyandherstoryhistoryandherstoryabout 2 years ago

Very good story, well told. 5 big ones.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 2 years ago

I can't help thinking she never loved Jake. Jake never really loved her and the kids certainly never loved Jake. He was just a meal ticket. There didn't appear to be any emotion in this story. It was like reading a text book about how to end a non loving marriage.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Why do readers never read the writers forward? You 100% delivered what you said you would - fun story without a lot of depth and involved psycho-babble. Well done, again, young lady! 5*

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 years ago

Nice romance, our intrepid mom sound like a real hot smokeshow 😍 …… but, Q ….. the Lambo has to go, thats not a step dad vehicle…. Thats a strike against him if he doesnt let it go

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Very good story and good to hear from the wife's point of view. If I were to separate this from reality, I would tell her to wait at least 6 months before starting a new intimate relationship just to clear the garbage out of the head first. But since she'd known him so long, maybe that isn't necessary? Very good story.

Turning502019Turning502019about 2 years ago

Fun read he got what he earned

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I mean… it was all right.

Nothing earth shatteringly new and generally well written with a few minor goofs. Entertaining but not memorable.

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv69about 2 years ago

Seems kind of trite. First part was rushed over just to get to the Q part. The reader doesnt have time to digest what a shit head the hubby is. Gives it a real the monkey doesnt let go of the branch till it has another in its hand vibe. Seriously deligitimizing the new relationship. Shes a cheater just like the hubs. Slower story developement of the new relationship helps avoid this. Not one of your better stories. I look forward to your next one as always

TXanyTXanyabout 2 years ago

Not trying to pick a fight, but I found the POV surprising, off-putting and dominate....kinda of "in your face". I mention this because the story had me in her head so deep that I was very uncomfortable. (no, the previous isn't my attempt to start the fight....this is what I expect to piss off many....) I found your writing and thought process so different from mine as to cause me to pause after each paragraph to think about it and wonder if men and women are truly this different. I found myself thinking I wouldn't have even thought about this or that, nor have I ever thought about this or that from that perspective.

Coming home, arguing, verbally cutting up the wedding license, clearly taking a new path into your future life (and taking your children with you, dumping your past cold and deeply) and then flopping into a bubble bath through three refills is not something I would think I (or any male would have done in that situation. I'm not trying to suggest there is anything wrong....in fact, I found the story remarkably well written as it exposed a POV and thoughts that I have never considered to this degree. I will admit to being surprised and that apparently "the other side" thinks so differently all the time that I am amazed we are able to drive cars on the same highway and not crash into each other since we apparently live and think about things so differently.

I am clearly not a writer, and I repeat not trying to start a fight...but I was startled by Synthia's thinking process and behavior almost every step of the way and each paragraph caused me to pause and go "huh?!". Good story and I have to head back into my cave and think about how blind and ignorant I am....how I face adversity completely differently and wonder if my view of the world is that hosed up....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A fucking five-star five! That last sentence (3 words). Worthy of carvohi (as I've noted before, citing as examples "Once Upon A Time In Emmitsburg" and "A Simple Case Of Infidelity"). BR58 warning that this was going to be just "fun and fluffy" is like when lover1953 introduced "Dan: His Story" as a "meagre offering." Well, the great ones are usually modest. That ending wet the eye, and the story was fine before that. Again, I note that no one can dish out the slang like Randi, and I find it delightful every time. Goddamn, she's good. And though it's not always possible, if you can marry a friend, consider yourself very lucky. Another 5.

QM

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years ago

I played The Mike Curb Congregation’s version of Burning Bridges to set the mood before I started reading this. As the story developed, I felt that it was Jake who burned the bridge, but Synthia chopped away the debris with her actions with Q, letting her past with Jake fall into the river where it would be swept away. I was glad she cautioned the girls to try to keep their father in their lives, at least to some degree, even as he was being excised from hers. It’s true the relationship part with Q could have used a more developed backstory, but the big disclaimer at the beginning covered that pretty well. In the end, Randi’s done another fine job with 4.6* rounded up to 5.

lukeshortlukeshortabout 2 years ago

I am glad Mac_Lapu made the comment. It pretty well covered my thoughts. I didn't think the story was up to the standards you have set in past stories. As I have stated in the past, I like your "strong woman" stories. Since I am not a writer and have a clue as to the creative word process, I cannot state what is missing in this one. She sorta comes off as a little shallow. Still a good story and better than most on this site. I would be dishonest if I gave more than 4*. Thank you for your talent and effort. Waiting for your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, even after you told them this was a little tongue and cheek, they expect gone with the wind in reverse.

What a fickle and really wasted group.

Was a fun read and nice to see a reverse LW story.

ALot more than a basic T&C story. Worth the time and appreciate your effort.

4.5 only because T&C stories will never be a 5 to me.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

Good story. The plot is simple, straightforward, but definitely not lame. A strong woman using her strength to terminate her marriage, and move on.

The only (arguably) weak part, is that she didn’t kick his nuts off. He earned at least that!

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 years ago

Love this. An excellent offering from a talented author, imho.

amyyumamyyumabout 2 years ago

Cute -- except the intro about HDK being such a great guy (ha, ha); 5* you hopeless romantic.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 2 years ago

Damn, that was hot and well done! A slice of life with realistic goals and actions. This is exactly the kind of story I like, no over-the-top retribution, no fancy gadgets or wild schemes to get evidence, just a true-to-life story. 5 big stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Average story. She moved too fast and I didn't believe for a New York Minute that a man that was a confirmed bachelor would give it up to be an instant father of two. I think that a man like Jake stays in the house to show he isn't abandoning anything and makes it as hard as hell to get rid of him. For no other reason than to stay on the gravy train. And there's no way small children aren't traumatized by a divorce. The real world doesn't work that way. Neither does the short story, porn site world.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 years ago

I liked it, I liked the characters. The character of Jake is a bit too shallow, the egotistical ex jock is not unknown, but his description here is just a bit too far. Even the most egotistical guy would not write a note like that,it borders on narcissistic.

I like the writing style too, it is breezy and not burdened, it fits syn's character well.

Randi delivered on what she said she would and those complaining about it being a light piece or whatever didn't read the intro.

It is also nice in a section where black men are written about horribly to see someone like Q, or to see ppl of other experience represented,too, without that being really part of the story.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

My first thought was that Jake had no chance of competing with Q so no wonder he was disillusioned with his marriage. Why did she ever marry him?

CagivagurlCagivagurlabout 2 years ago

Personally, I loved this story.

So wonderfully written. There are millions of people who fall into marriages only to find they made a mistake. Syn tried to make hers work. She put up with his serial cheating for the sake of her family.

She tried, nobody could ask for more.

The connection she shared with Q was beautifully written.

I love how you interweaves strong loving characters.

Delightful story.

5 stars

Cagivagurl.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

You did what you said you were going to do, in Aces. 5*

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 2 years ago

Considering the start, a feel-good story in LW with a happy ending. Thanks for brightening my day.

Hooked

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

A twofer. A mechanically sound well written story with an interesting, funny, sweet story line. Always a good day when I open up my page and see Randi has come through yet again

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed it. It was decently written. I think she went too quickly right back into the deep end of the pool. But considering you kept it short and sweet there wouldnt be any other option.

I do like that we got a taste of the husband being the witless wonder that most, the extremely lacking in skills, writers use for the wives around here.

Funny how people respond when the husband is the cheater and its still the wife's fault. Its cute how easily the hypocrisy flows here.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Good one. A simple, straightforward little burn the bastard story that wasn’t so deep that even a halfwit like me could follow it.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 years ago

Kind of... well, refined. Like cutting a perfect steak with a scalpel. The third distillation of a good, hand-made tequila. 5/5!!

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

The miserable bastards on here would 5 bomb the story if the genders were reversed. It's fascinating how oblivious they are to their hypocrisy and misogyny.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 2 years agoAuthor

Sigh, some people never learn. By now, after years of this, I don't know why some people bother. You should know Imma just delete bullshit comments. It takes me one click of the mouse, and poof, your bullshit is gone. I don't allow people to dump their trash on my front lawn.

@Mr Lapu: Why do I feel your comment is lame? I think you are being misogynistic. I have seen your comments endorsing much harsher moves by men against women. That train has left the station. Maybe you should try reading the entire story before inserting your foot in your mouth. Her surprise at the size of his dong and direct statements made by both characters make your "feelings" absurd. As for "waiting until the divorce is final," it's utter tripe. Once you cheat, you're done, you invalidated that marriage and no one owes you shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very good story but pretty abrupt. It doesn't seem plausible that Jake would take so long to cheat, nor that Syn would get everything in order in three weeks AND go fuck Q who she's loved all along. Again, good premise, always love reading you, but felt a bit sloppier than most of your work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The evening after the wedding, as they returned home they were met by Jake holding his grandfather's antique double barrel 10 gage shotgun. Just as his traitorous family began yelling, Jake dropped the hammers. The resulting blast removed 80% of his head, covering his ex family in bits of flesh, brains,and his face. Now 8 years later, his daughters are yet to speak from their own little horror filled minds while still in the hospital.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Modern romantic story, 5 stars.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Well done, your dialogue is always so believable, I can “hear” them talking. Some have questioned how Q so quickly left the confirmed bachelor ranks. Well, he said he’d been in love with her forever and he finally got a shot at his dream girl, why is that hard to understand?

Another 5* offering from one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Probably Not A LW Story; The Failed Marriage Was Just A Prop To Setup The Romance

It was a decent Romance story, but not much of a Loving Wives story. I guess if Jake had kept it in his pants the poor wife and children would have lived their lives with a dumb shit. There was very little explanation of why this marriage existed in the first place, and why it had endured as long as it did. There appeared to be no love lost, and maybe even relief that the cheating asshole had Finally given her an out. Should it really take adultery to justify the dissolution of a failed marriage? Fine, if that's your bridge too far. It seems like even the daughters wanted their father to not be their father ever, and certainly no anymore. It must have been a dismal family life for a Long time.

Glad the second marriage holds so much promise and success. I suspect similar presumptions were held when the first marriage took place. Time will tell. Let us know if it is an interesting story. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

@amyyum is correct: BlackRandl is a hopeless romantic, and that's why we like her!

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

I got Latto's "777" album playing, sparked me up a blunt and eased myself into the luxury of my tub. "Big Energy" was playing, and I thought to myself, 'Yeah, I'm needing some big dick energy about now." best line i ever read here lol

eljj546eljj546about 2 years ago
I must thank my peeps????

What did those little yellow marshmallow chicks have to do with the story?😁

stev2244stev2244about 2 years ago

That was really nice. Just the kind of LW/romance hybrid we want to see. Great read and easy 5*

musicman1261musicman1261about 2 years ago

As always a great story!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 2 years agoAuthor

i decided against deleting the Annie who posted the comment "The evening after the wedding..." just as an illustration of the disgusting freaks who comment on these stories. These are the "real men" who inhabit the comments of LW: insane and hideous caricatures of humans. This thing (I cannot call it a person) is the evolutionary reason for the "uncanny valley." This is why we have a dread of things, instinctively, that appear human, but aren't.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 2 years ago

This story left me with an uneasy f÷eling, so I agree with Mac_Lapu's comments, except for the idea that Q and not Jake was the father of the girls.

/

I know you described this story as fun and fluffy, so I didn’t expect much in character development. I can live with the cardboard bad guy Jake character. But I had issues with aspects of the story

/

After discovering Jake’s affair started 3 weeks ago, she seduced and fucks Q before filing for divorce? She is no better than Jake! She has had an emotional affair with Q since high school, yet marries Jake? I feel her emotional affair had a negative impact on the marriage and the daughters

/

You must have deleted Burner’s comments, but left responses by HDK and SBrooks103x to Burner’s comments. As a reader, I find this selectivity frustrating.

/

The Q character is problematic. His maturity level in high school is unbelievable, and as an adult he always has attractive women on his arm, yet Syn describes him as inecure and feels himself unattractive. Not believable.

/

You are one of my favorite writers here, but I was disappointed by this story. Not one of your better efforts. 4 stars.

dmallorddmallordabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed your writing style! The descriptive scenes were vivid and the love scene was nicely crafted. Thank you for sharing your work. It merits a 5* in my opinion.

I am not sure what all the hate notes are as I read a few of them. I saw a couple of remarks in the Forum about the LW critics' postings being 'vile' but really, I can't see this story as something to go volcanic over.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 years ago

Another first rate 5* story of a strong woman doing what she had to do. Oh, wait! Maybe some people don't like reading about strong women? Oh, well. Too bad. That's their loss.

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story and yes it did have its fun and fluffy. I did notice something about this story and leave at that. 4*

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Nice story and love scene, I like a little more dram a the cheater gets what they deserve. Some say she was as bad as her husband, Jake, because she slept with Q. Not so. Jake broke the marriage contract, the contract becomes null and void.

irinmikeirinmikeabout 2 years ago

The descriptive verbage transcends the plot line. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A beautiful fairytale, when happily ever after doesn't come right away. Such a smart heroine even for a litigator. Plan b executed to perfection! Author!!

maninconnmaninconnabout 2 years ago
Oh yes…

… you can write a story. Thank you! For this sweet gem!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hi Randi

Excellent story. It would have been even better with a little bit more background on the adult characters, how they met, their training, their professions, etc. I liked how much more direct and open the good characters were, even if they had to gradually discover what the other really wanted to accomplish. Thank God, the cheater received what he deserved from a strong woman.

5*

BJ

Ranger001Ranger001almost 2 years ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟FUN!!!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

smmhomesmmhomealmost 2 years ago

Loved it!

Thanks for all you do for authors and readers.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Turns out I read this three months ago, still a nice story about an appreciative husband for a change. It's usually the woman we all know. Still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it

Good change from cheating wife to cheating husband. I see nothing wrong with her sleeping with Q, shes no longer with her husband and she was filing for a divorce anyway so why not get some. I also liked how she was honest with her girls.

Well done author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As expected - a 5!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

Loved this story. When i read L/W type stories I always hope tha spouse that is cheated on gets to be happy. All the agony that they go through seems so pointless. M/C has so much courage to cut bait and find happiness. Great writing and projection of the heat and soul.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Anther great one I had read before but didn't remember so it was just like new! Good story and thanks to the editors and other instigators.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Add another "5" to your collif..

EastCoaster

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Oh my how stupid could the ex hubby be?

I can sort of see why a woman with a family cheats - no matter what, the state and the courts will back her evil ass up and destroy the victim husband. So it's like jumping with a safety net and a safety line.

A guy who cheats on a good wife? He's guaranteed to have lost the kids, the wife, the money. Seems like an uber stupid move.

(then again, you see so many women stay with, forgive, and flock to, abusive cheating assholes... so what do I know?)

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love the competent writing--so unusual for LW stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Based

Hope she burns that bastard good.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

I keep coming back to this one. Especially when I need a dose of very good writing and a soupçon of great story line. Wish I could vote again

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

A nice simple love story, nicely written with good characters and descriptions

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another Blackrandi classic. There is nothing wrong with a woman (or wife) being a 'strong' woman or willful with knowledge of her own mind. When your spouse 'has your back', it's a good thing. When he or she defends the same things and values them just as much, what's wrong with that? If or when my wife tells me I'm "full of shit", I listen and laugh (with her) if she makes a good point and often does. She is stubborn and fights for what she thinks our family is about. And I have loved her for it for decades.

SignedBTWSignedBTW7 months ago

Three Things

You can be certain of in one of Randi's masterpieces; The writing is going to be top notch, the women are going to be stellar and the names of the characters are going to be unique. *****'s Signed: BTW

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

NICE STORY!!!! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Cute

Catcher78Catcher783 months ago

Redemption of self and love...Just wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A great story Randi, I'm guessing there is a lot of you in 'Synthia'. Thank you - 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

6King6King3 months ago

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories