All Comments on 'Bus Stop'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Insane talent. That's all there is to say. Writing this wonderful story and collecting all the others. Mega-kudos to you, lady.

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 2 years ago

What an incredibly sweet and wonderful story. It was truly uplifting, a wonderful turn of phrase. I thought the characters were beautifully crafted. Remarkable story.... I loved the flow, definitely worth 5 stars.

Cagivagurl

MissedLifeMissedLifeover 2 years ago

Fantastic! Love the flow of the story and the time you spent develop ing their relationship. Another great story from you. This is definitely one I will read mire than once.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Excellent, thanks!

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

WoW, Great story, Randi! Love it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I feel like a kid in a candy store; a bunch of my favorite writers with new stories on the same day! Thank you Randi for this event. I was born a couple miles south of where your tale takes place but grew up 'east of Omaha'. Your stories are like a slice of life, nothing clumsy about your words. Some people have Superman, Batman, the Hulk or cowboys, my heroes have always been writers - especially good ones. The first thing I do every day is run down the list of new stories hoping for a new Q, Randi, HDK, TTT or another of my favorite authors. Thank you one and all!

Oh yeah, as always your tale was worth the wait - 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

Awesome tale, just saying

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

A wonderful story that was so well crafted. The characters had such heart and passion. Thank you for you incredible talent.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

This was a very touching, romatic story. Well written and very well conceived. Five stars and a big smile from me. I really enjoyed this story. Thanks for posting and for working so hard on another successful invitational. You are the straw that stirs the drink.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am spellbound and speechless, wonderful story great writing, very skilled crafts (person) or writer.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601over 2 years ago

Damn! I was really enjoying a fun, sexy May/August romance. Then we turned a corner in the river and, BAM! There it was: the same bullshit macho heroics that made me stop reading your otherwise fun stories.

What are you overcompensating for? Too many bullies shoving you in the locker or a petite pudenda?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
One of the Best

Loved this story, and always look for the author's new stories. Have read every one of them. I hope that Randi might want to continue these lovers adventures in further stories.

RedMockersRedMockersover 2 years ago

This was such a sweet story I wouldn't have minded if it just skipped over the sex. Was nice to have it, though. Five stars for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Randi, you are a treasure

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved every bit of the story; I would have loved it even more if it had had about another half page - it seems to end hanging a little bit. But then, I love happy ending wrapups.

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Wonderful as always and such good writing.

clearcreekclearcreekover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story, having lived in Oaland from 3rd grade through highschool. My only complaint in the story is the part of kayaking on the North Yuba. There are many places to take a novice kayak paddler, but any of the forks of the Yuba are no place to take a person for the first time. Maybe if you had them go on a guided raft run, it would be believable. Next time, have a novice have some time paddling on still water first, then try the Lower Amarican River for a first time trip.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. To give this less than a five you either have no heart or no soul.

ahziwyldemannahziwyldemannover 2 years ago

More please!!! I like this woman she reminds me of my Daughter In Law (my Son is a seriously lucky guy & I make sure he knows it too)

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
Yeees!...you are good indeed; 5*****

I never miss one of your stories, for good reason.

OTOH; I can't get the rating submitted to register.

Damn dumb "smart" machine !

stev2244stev2244over 2 years ago

I might be biased, but I enjoyed this a lot. Awesome, as always.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years agoAuthor

LOL. Sorry, Mr. Rapier, but all my sexual apparatus is internal. How about you? You may even have bigger tiddies.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Hi, Randi, loved the story! Incredibly sexy and very sweet at the same time. Tianna was a real gem and Rob was a really nice guy who was smart to give her the time she needed to get to know him and fall completely in love with him. That can be an important part of the “art.” I worried that he was going overboard when he ordered all the things for Gram in the hospital, but it worked out well with Tianna’s parents being there, too. Great job!

P.S. Thanks, too, for hosting the event and for the invitation. Looking forward to reading all of the stories.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I'm obviously biased, but if this isn't five stars then nothing is.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Nice and fun love story

amyyumamyyumover 2 years ago

As usual excellent writing, a great plot, and -- LOVE. Did you have to break a kayak paddle, however, those things are expensive (ha, ha). 5*

francemanfrancemanover 2 years ago

Refreshing, charming. a sweet and beautiful story.

Little question ? how Dianna as a model, living in a house with a swimming pool and therefore seeming to have enough money, cannot afford to repair her mother's driveway.

The tears of joy following this breakdown by Rob are too many.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

juanwildonejuanwildoneover 2 years ago

Great love story, delightfully told.

Thanks for writing, and for the invite too.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Nice story, loved Patricia.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love it, will there be more? I want more of these two. 5*

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Damn I hate Snapchat. Story was well done and just sappy enough for me to enjoy tonight. Thanks. Did I mention how much I hate Sanpchat?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Patrcia's daughter, the model (successful, I assume), didn't help her own mother financially to repair the damaged pavement?

Otherwise mostly an very nice story

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

A genuine feel-good story elegantly told, a marvelously fitting entry in the "art of falling" sub-genre of romance stories. But these characters are so well limned and so engaging -- particularly Tianna and Patricia -- that the story cries out for a sequel. What happens to them after "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune"?

mithanialmithanialover 2 years ago

Fun read and an entertaining story to boot.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Great job of creating solid characters. A well-paced story, easy and fun to read.

5/5

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years agoAuthor

@BuzzCzar: LOL. Well, get used to it. If you have kids or grandkids, it's how they communicate, and if you want in, you better get with the program. Snapchat, Insta, Zoom, TikTok, it's all in your future, my man. My peeps know if they want my attention, the best way to get it is to send me a Snap.

jlg07jlg07over 2 years ago

I know this was for the event, but I wouldn't mind seeing these characters continue!

ohioohioover 2 years ago

Heartwarming and wonderful--a very satisfying story. Some might say that Rob is a bit too good to be true--but I have to confess that he's pretty much like me in every respect! Tianna is completely delightful, as is her hilarious grandmother. I really enjoyed this!

Thanks, ohio

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 2 years ago

I liked it. It was kind of like watching a Hallmark Channel movie, it was kind of predictable like that but still entertaining.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Really well written. I’m an ancient old white guy now, but 50 years ago I met a stunningly beautiful young lady who was living in the college dorm where I worked. I was still in high school, but she didn’t seem to mind that. I chatted her up every chance I got and convinced her to take a ride on the back of my Honda 305cc motorcycle. We had a great time and I got a spectacular good bye kiss. The next day at work all the elderly ladies on the kitchen staff cornered me and asked me why I was chasing after the young lady. Turns out she had an Aunt working there. I guess I was no “Rob,” because the young beauty, never again accepted a date with me. She was not the last person of color I dated, but 50 years later, I can still remember that kiss.

Thanks for rekindling that memory, Randi.

Lost BoyLost Boyover 2 years ago

Awesome read, thanks for sharing. Five stars.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Good story. Needs to be continued. Too much slang tho.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

5 stars, nice writn keep goin................................

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kind of reminds me of a very fine young lady that this old white guy worked with a few years ago. If I’d been unattached, I’d have asked her for a date, in spite of a massive age gap. Alas, she’d almost certainly have had the good sense to tell me to get lost. 5 star story, as usual.

dasnenosdasnenosover 2 years ago

Back in 2017, I read eye in the sky. I've been reading Randi's stories ever since. Always a joy!

ashleycooperashleycooperover 2 years ago

Absolutely outstanding. You did a great job of making a natural ending point for this story, but I hope to read more about these two.

VenomVelvetVenomVelvetover 2 years ago

A fantastic read, once again. Please do think about doing a sequel!

martbeymartbeyover 2 years ago

Simply brilliant..

CaptainRiverCaptainRiverover 2 years ago

Randi did it again! 5*

rodryder44rodryder44over 2 years ago

You live in a nice world, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WONDERFUL, AS ALWAYS! Please write another chapter.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

Really good story from the first paragraph, but I felt the ending was just a bit rushed. Still a five, of course, and I loved Patricia!

TangomoreTangomoreabout 2 years ago

I agree write another chapter!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Nice little love story

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 2 years ago
There is a big difference between

Northern and Southern Black Women. Southern Black women are stronger and more independent. They are better suited to be a wife and mother while being more loyal and faithful. They also aren't as ghetto while still being all woman.

DPCDVR72DPCDVR72about 2 years ago

I think there’s room for a part 2 or more, great story 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Amazing story. Makes me want more. Like 5 plus years post kayaking. Its not the marraige but the serendipity of love and growth. (or even if the bliss wrecks adrift, eh?)

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955about 2 years ago

I read this story quit a while ago. I wish life were this simple. I enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love each other.

Years I understand but why not marriage instead of just living together?

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

I read "Waif" and that led me back to re-reading this one. Rob is a paragon, whom every young man should aspire to emulate. You have a powerful grasp of the human psyche. Thanks for sharing your gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

another 5 stars. To be honest, I think I kinda fell for Tianna as well LOL What a great story. So many of your stories I wish you added more chapters, this one as well. I love your writing, your characters, thank you so much for sharing these with us Randi

Mike

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi Randi.

Excellent. To me, this is getting closer and closer to Nobel prize level.

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10 stars isn't close. Wonderful story! Rob has met his wife and mother to all his children. He proved he was her husband when he beat those 3 guys, and she proved she's his wife when she said she eventually wanted him to put buns in her oven!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

more like a 5 star romance. like the overcoming race issues. As it shouldn't matter anymore, alas it does.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

Yet again I have to tell you what a wonderfully gifted writer you are.

I loved this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A warm, happy story and a pleasure to read.

DuncanitaDuncanitaabout 1 year ago

When's part2 coming?🤭🤭

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Part 2 Pleaseeeeeeeeee!

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Fun, sexy, great read! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story, but it really needs a part2. TY!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Randi rocks!!!!

Been reading for two days. Running out soon. Get busy.

I don’t comment very often. But you are good….

Shooter357Shooter3578 months ago

I agree with others here that this needs a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is a bit like 'Pretty Woman",

Not like the saga of underage Jasmine and Bay Area Law Enforcement Officers that passed her around like smoking a joint.

cutedaddy69cutedaddy694 months ago

Loved it, five* easy. Still think the helper whitey angle is laid on a bit thick though, as i mentioned earlier. But you are a great storyteller! Tx for all them storieeeees

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked it, a lot

Five solid stars from me. The tale was well told, and what more could we want in a story? By the Way, as they approached the water, I began to get a sense of dread, thinking tragedy might befall Tianna. So glad it did not come to pass. For those of us who like closure, a hint into the future would have been nice.

JPB

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories