All Comments on 'Busted!'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

5* Thank you for a neat little story with a happy ending - for Jim and Annie at least.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

We all have to make choices sometimes!

5

francemanfranceman9 months ago

You score a 5⭐ with no possible context.

Selfishness, the desire to always have more, always better........ dissatisfaction or rather the fact of not being satisfied with what one has, are as you wrote the greatest motive for betrayal and cheating.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey9 months ago

A classic example of a double entendre. Made me smile - the ending, that is, not Barbara’s shenanigans. Thanks very kindly.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight9 months ago

This was very well done. You had a great idea for a story and presented it extremely well.

lerenardruselerenardruse9 months ago

She made the right choices. Barbara was never a friend and would betray her in a heartbeat.

SithLord6969SithLord69699 months ago

Beautiful story. 5 stars and a fave!

Regguy69Regguy699 months ago

Liked it! She reacted the way a real loving wife would react. Her GF got pissed at her for not condoning bad behavior. How often do “friends” look the other way for their friends? I’m guessing more often than not.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Wasn't sure where you were going to lead us, but really warm, loving story - 5.0*

goodshoes2goodshoes29 months ago

A perfect snapshot of married life. Been there, done that.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester9 months ago

I really enjoy stories like this with real people acting like real people. In this case the POV is from an observer, not the ones doing what they shouldn't.

Thanks. 5*

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer9 months ago

Not bad; in fact I gave it a 4, but only because I thought it needed a bit more drama. THANKS FOR THE READ. CD

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

So much said in such a short story. At first I gave it four stars, but then I went back and read the story again and had to give it all five stars. Well done JW.

Corny1974Corny19749 months ago

So lovely to read about people who actually love each other and eventually communicate like real people would.

5 stars, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@johntcooksey

The author’s pen name or the title of the story? 😃

A short but incisive exploration of the impact of an affair on friends…as well as a loving relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wonderful story. Barbara was warned, but wouldn't listen. The whore, and maybe her master, got theirs. GOOD!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A story of a special wife 5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Your pen name says it all. Might be "Just words" but you certainly have a way of putting them together, Thank you.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol9 months ago

An excellent perspective story! Thank you!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Perfect! 5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story! It does happen in real !

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Great story, thanks! 5 BIG ONES!

deependerdeepender9 months ago

Thank you for swimming against the tide and for arriving at your destination. It is good to act toward restoring balance.

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Great story, thanks for this. wish there were many more like it. 5/5

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months agoAuthor

That you, everyone. It's always gratifying when someone likes the effort and I never know if a story will be received until I put it out there and test the waters. And, yes, this wife is a keeper for sure!

Davester37Davester379 months ago

5* for legitimate literotica family values! Believable, likable characters for such a short story. Bravo!

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit9 months ago

Nice. Annie was in a no win scenario. She’s lucky that Jim saw the look on her face in the photo, otherwise he’d have had some questions and suspicions of his own. Been in exactly that situation. Not fun. Sometimes you have to choose between what’s right for your family, rather than keeping your friends’ secrets.

MigbirdMigbird9 months ago

So much potential. Interesting scenario but it becomes husband “all knowing” and wife who could have had agency becomes 1 dimensional. Way too patronizing, but your tale to tell.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson9 months ago

A very human dilemma. Just what do you do when a friend is openly going off the rails like that?

None of the choices are palatable, but priority is making sure your spouse knows.

Karn9Karn99 months ago

Fantastic story, love the love shown towards each other! 5*

SplitGeode66SplitGeode669 months ago

A great story, although unusual for a romance. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved it. You deserve more than 5 stars. People who cheat are selfish.

Sumnut96Sumnut969 months ago

A well told short story. 5 stars DMW aka

AardieAardie9 months ago

Those kids behave the way they were trained to by their parents. Wait until the no knock policy is reciprocated after they hit puberty.

J6480J64809 months ago

Good one and way too close to reality for a story. Keep 'em coming 5*s

Omart57Omart579 months ago

Great story , J_W! Thanks for writing!

012Say012Say9 months ago

Wow! Great string of well deserved comments, to which I’ll add my 5.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Where was the conflict? Reads more like a report than a story. Claire didn’t tell Jim the whole truth. In fact lied to him. She told Jim, “I think Barbara is running around…” when in fact, Barbara had already confessed to Claire. That was completely unexplored in the story.

anubeloreanubelore9 months ago

So damn sad and pointless (Barbara's stupidity) but so lovely having the contrast of a happy, loving relationship with a husband and wife who are thoroughly committed and dedicated to each other and their family. Make me sad, then make me laugh happily. You keep doing this to me, you darn puppetmaster. Have a fave. Contented fidelity is stupidly hot, to me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Now that is a loving wife.

Thanks for writing her.

☆☆☆☆☆

inka2222inka22229 months ago

4.5 stars. I'm unsure if I should round to 4 or 5. On one hand, well written story. But it has 2 issues:

..

1. She should have told her husband IMMEDIATELY. Let him decided to tell the friend or not. But she shouldn't have hidden it from him, AT ALL. Honestly say "I suspect, I don't know for sure". As a consequence of this, she was super lucky with some circumstantial stuff, or he would have had VERY valid reason to worry about her being OK with cheating. And even in the end she's justifying her silence instead of admitting she was in the wrong.

..

2. OK, there was divorce for the cheating skank, but we all know that by default, unless story says otherwise, it means she gets the kids, the house, all the money and all he gets is loss of kids and money and PTSD for his trouble; so basically she wins on all points and he loses on all points. I am not going to lower the rating for this in THIS story, since it was not about Tom as MC, but it still bothered me that there was no BTB upside for cheating victim.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

@Karl_Hundasson - simple. You stop being the person's friend. FAST. If the bitch was willing and able to so easily destroy and hurt her HUSBAND, the one person she supposedly loved most, imaging what she would and could to to a mere friend (never mind acquaintance, which her blowing up shows was the actual relationship). And that's purely on the practical side. On a moral/ethical side, the friendship should take subsidiary role to the fairness and justice (for the victim of cheating).

GreyMatter46GreyMatter469 months ago

Pfantastic marriage. Loved the story.

sizemediumsizemedium9 months ago

A very nice short story. 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story, well told. Realistic people and realistic dilemmas. I don't understand why people would downvote a story because its characters make wrong decisions. All of us make wrong decisions, and a story without them would be a worse story. FWIW I agree with the decision to try to stay friends with Barbara without agreeing with what she has done; Barbara is going to need somebody like that even though she doesn't know it yet.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill699 months ago

A loving couple with a dumbass female friend.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

A surprisingly good little tale, with a captivating tempo. Strong 4*

RiverMayaRiverMaya9 months ago

☆☆☆☆☆

TrambakTrambak9 months ago

Sweet commentary on how a loving family ought to be.

5

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter9 months ago

Yes, the right sentiment throughout. We occasionally need a reminder of the good marriages and faithful spouses that so infrequently find their way to these pages.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste9 months ago

What Trambak Said.

OvercriticalOvercritical9 months ago

Certainly a novel perspective on a classic infidelity situation. Well done 4*

Harryin VAHarryin VA9 months ago

out fucking standing. It's a very realistic and accurate conversation between the husband and the wife. very well written and very believable

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

well written short story, right to the point.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster18 months ago

A nicely done, 5-star story of romance, touched with a bit of Loving Wives about a cheating wife who wasn't part of the couple telling the story.

The relationship of the narrating couple puts them solidly into the Romance category.

Well done !

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thank you for a happy family story!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

5* lovely story - thank you

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months ago

Good story of real friends who risk the friendship by telling you stuff you need to know but didn't want to. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Yet another five! How do you do it? Be so consistently excellent, that is!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Brilliant. From a perspective that's not often addressed. And an actual sense of morality that seems to be missing badly on this website. Nice to know there's a few women around who aren't pushing the agenda for other female dogs to be running around loose and think there's no consequences....

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There's an old saying out there. "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks..." in this case, the narcissistic woman spoke it in her mouth and her actions. It's a heart issue, all of these are at the very base. It's selfishness, and nothing more. These women run around talking about wanting to be fulfilled and it's only a fling and it doesn't hurt anyone and it's just about excitement. But it's not, it's just that they can't think about anybody other than themselves.

Just_WordsJust_Words7 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous - Interesting quote. I've not heard that before. Thank you. I might steal it someday if you don't mind.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

English Standard Version

The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Luke 6:45

J6480J64806 months ago

Reality writ large

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow, really good one, but, are you sure stories with a sense of moral compass are even allowed on this website? So much trash on this site, this was certainly a nice take on whst a life should be....

H. JekyllH. Jekyll3 months ago

I liked thius story, so different from the usual run of LW stories, one about a happy, devoted couple. Good job and well written to boot!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story with a great message. For a while I did wonder if the shoe was going to drop and she was having an affair. Very well written and worthy of a follow-up with how things went with their friend Tom and his children. BardnotBard

MorbidromanticMorbidromantic3 months ago

I loved it. I loved that the faithful wife didn't get ideas from the cheater and wasn't tempted to be a cheater as well, as happens in many histories. It's so sad when all the friends in a group are alike and all of them turn into slut cheaters... They seem to think that if all of them do the same wrong thing then it can't be wrong or it isn't a big deal. A few days ago, I read a story in which a woman was cheating on her husband to get a promotion, and I read, with horror, that a commenter was telling to "not take it too hard" because that practice happens with frequency. She and several of her also-married friends "had fucked to get a promotion and kept doing it to advance in their careers. If many people do something wrong then it is right? I don't think so. That comment disgusted and sickened me. I liked this story because at least there was a faithful wife.

desecrationdesecration22 days ago

I like the honorable, sensible, intelligent, and for lack of a better word "world-weary" female protagonist. She can calculate more than two moves ahead in chess, I think.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS