All Comments on 'Buster's Story Ch. 05'

by Jaisen

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
MizTMizTalmost 12 years ago
War Time

It's interesting how we view time. I guess because they compare their life span to ours, Were's believe they have long lives. So it is interesting that when it comes to war time is viewed differently. Brian thought of how long he had been gone and all that he had been through in the time he had been gone1939-1945. That is six years. I would think that 6 years to a wolf was nothing, but we are talking "war years". No matter your species, any amount of time spend on war is to much. Well that is if you are a descent member of your species...hehe-he.

GimletEdgeGimletEdgealmost 12 years ago
Still so poignant.

That's how I've felt about Buster since we met him as an old gent in "More than Just a Fairy Tale." There is a depth in your stories that goes beyond the norm for paranormal. It's a wistfulness, I guess, that's inevitable with the passage of time, at least in real life. I'm very glad that Brian made it back to Natalie and the rest of the family. I hope that they will be able to enjoy more years together.

Thanks for this latest installment.

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenalmost 12 years ago
Lifespan

My impression from this story is that the wolves don't live any longer than regular people. But @mizt seems to think they do... Which is it? All the rest of this story seemed to indicate normal life spans. Brian dies a very old wolf/man of around 100, non? ;-)

JaisenJaisenalmost 12 years agoAuthor
The lifespan question

In the Universe I've created, the shifters don't have exceedingly long lifespans, although they do live longer than humans. They live longer due to better healing abilities, but 100 is about the average. Buster was 116 when he died. The average human lifespan is in the 80's with the percentage of people living to be 100+ is .006%.

Every writer has a different "universe" when they write. In many non-human stories shifters, vampires, etc... are immortal. Mine aren't. The closest to an immortal I have in my stories is Dr. Abrams. If there are other questions, please feel free to ask.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

so will we ever find out what th e dr is you said his eyes shifted and sub vocals so he is some type of shifter?

katgoddess1katgoddess1almost 12 years ago
Just excellent

You have skillfully detailed just how wolf shifters might have participated on the front lines as well as the unique problems they might have faced, without romanticizing the situation. The story feels so realistic!

DoctimeDoctimeover 11 years ago
Nice job of writing

You have captured the horrors of war. And the splendor of "relationships". I am looking forward to the "rest of the story"

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

So glad that the war has ended and the men are returning home. Talk about emotional when Natalie opened the door and there stood Brian. Looking for a happy ending in the next chapters. Got me wondering about Dr. Abrams though, looks young but smells old. hmmmm?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJaisen@Jaisen
Hello! Well, I'm back! Life has been chaotic to say the least. I've just added a new shifter story, ...And the Big Bad Wolf.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES