All Comments on 'But a Big Dream Ch. 01'

by CoyoteMittens

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

If you want feedback, here's mine: I do like your style and in particular I appreciate your jumping back and forth between dreamy and near-poetic writing and earthy interjections. However, IMO, you really need to pare down and cut back on the adverbs and adjectives. These should always - in general - be used sparingly and there are so many that some sentences are rendered near-incomprehensible and some of them seem a little self-conscious. More words are not always better. Your style is your own. I understand that, but this is merely my opinion.

CoyoteMittensCoyoteMittensover 6 years agoAuthor

Thanks, always appreciated! I’m trying to find my voice, and your thoughts are deeply valued.

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 6 years ago
I came back and read this properly

and I'm so glad that I did.

Yours is not an easy style to embrace, you have to be read slowly and with considerable concentration. But any reader who delights in the sheer pleasure of words beautifully composed and conjured with, there's a seduction here.

And old Zeus, what a fantastic idea!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCoyoteMittens@CoyoteMittens
11 Followers
Born of the sea foam, reared on the milk of the great cow, she grew into a playful pixie who flitted about trying to make the world kinder, though her sense of humor was wicked and her teeth were sharp. I'm fascinated by how personalities develop. How we can hurt each other w...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES