All Comments on 'But for the Grace of Sonya'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments (Page 2)
Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Just reread the story, upped the score to 5* as it was better than I thought.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story enjoyed it very much. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wonder how many of your readers know about the original He-Man Woman-Haters Club?

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler11 months ago

Nice feel good story. Thanks

OldGuy1946OldGuy194611 months ago

5 stars. Different take on the genre. Well written. Keep up the good work!

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft9 months ago

A very sweet story. Thanks! 5*

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

And, then… she cheated on him. Not really. I made that up. The reason it happens over and over to the same poor bastards is not because all women are cheaters, It’s because they are marks preyed upon by cheaters. They attract cheaters.

shadrachtshadracht7 months ago

I like this one. It goes through the healing process really well, and ends with an up-beat note and strong implications for a good future.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wow !! There's a surprise .

It all looked too good to be true . Something bad had to happen .

No dark devious twist , just an honest to goodness happy ending .

Well done . Nice piece of writing .

DK . 4 * .

Thanks for posting .

CDRLawCDRLaw6 months ago

I really like this author’s stuff. Wish there was more.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster16 months ago

He was forced into a horrible place, but ultimately found a REAL partner in his life...

...a well-written, pleasant, LW story that gets 5 stars for overcoming the betrayal of his first wife.

shopratshoprat6 months ago

This was a really good one.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

i guess for every step forward there's always a possibility of chit happening . dale just couldn't get over what happened to him .

usaretusaret5 months ago

Room, much room, for more story.

leofric35leofric354 months ago

Great story. Thanks for your hard work

bacchant2bacchant24 months ago

Fantastic, in Dale you described some of the negative BTB crowd perfectly, very clever.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lovely. Healing power of real love.

sjmbsrfsjmbsrf3 months ago

Very good story, speaks of the damage that a breakup can do to the pysche, ego, confidence, and just about everything that makes a person feel good about themselves. The counterpoint between Dale and the MC is very well portrayed; Dale who is pulling down the shutters in order to prevent any future potential hurt, and the other who is prepared to risk being vulnerable in order to experience love and fulfilment. Very well crafted and very entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Really great story about love and vulnerability. Illustrates perfectly the gain of having someone love you and the pain inflicted if they abuse that trust. Thank you for writing such an insightful piece. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Dale needs serious psychiatric and psychological help.

MC can only hope Sonya doesn't cheat too

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

No Dale doesn’t need psychiatric help, he needs justice. Every indignity done to him needs to happen to his betrayers, and their enablers, four fold! Once the guilty have been punished, then Dale can begin to heal.

ZK

oldpantythiefoldpantythief3 months ago

Great story. Funny that although both men were hurt by previous loves, one didn't let it ruin his life forever after while the other man pulled himself further into the hole of depression and hurt. Not every beautiful woman has to be glamorous and built like the brick outhouse. Didn't see any BTB, just a guy getting on with living and loving, come what may. Can't say for sure which road I would have picked to travel, thankfully it never came to that in my married life. Five stars.

bacchant2bacchant2about 1 month ago

The message to readers wallowing in unhappiness is great but we arent all that way so a little revenge would have been better.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrhetthebrat@rhetthebrat
I sometimes confuse Willem Dafoe with Christopher Walken.

SIMILAR Stories