All Comments on 'But It Happened Years Ago'

by Cinical

Sort by:
  • 271 Comments
ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
A physically and emotionally crippled man . . .

. . . with no reason to live can be willing to go himself when he gets his revenge. He probably died instantly, but figured that Edith, Agnes and Tony might live long enough to burn to death.

A dark tale, but at least somewhat different.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 5 years ago
I like it...

There was no way I would have hugged Tony. I would have made sure I held him in contempt but the rest of the story was done well. I gave it 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Okay story of revenge

But I wanted just a tad more at the end. Was Jerry really Tony's son? And if so, was he Tony's only heir? You never mentioned whether or not Tony and Agnes had any children. Was Dad's revenge two fold? Kill his wife, her lovers and make his son rich? I needed more at the end. Unfinished stories just kill me.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Best tonight

Really strong, but sad story of a man with nothing else to lose. His health is gone, and a cheating wife takes his.manhood and his only son. He took his revenge with a literal BTB. Like Reed says, hopefully they had a moment of clarity as they burned. Good story.

HighpikeHighpikeover 5 years ago
Nice one

Enjoyed the emotional twists. No statute of limitations on emotional pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
HMMM

The three were crapping in Franks face every day and rubbing it in. Frank might or might not have had much time left. To live that time being mentally tortured would be too much. Fuck it and fuck them, his last hurrah. My grand dad lived for twenty years after his first of many strokes, the last nine years bedridden. Frank had enough,

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago

And those 3 pieces of shit were probably busy fucking when they died, snuffed out in a final act of disgraceful betrayal.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Damn

This was one of those tales that pissed me off more and more as I read it. Our betrayed husband worked hard his whole life only to get sick and find out his wife was a fucking low-life cheating cunt whore and his supposed best friends caused his wife to be unfaithful and had him raise a child not his. Friends huh? With friends like that I'd rather be alone and friendless. Oh wait. I am. But I digress. No revenge can make up for what happened but in his old, feeble condition this was all he had. I hope the cheaters suffered the worst pain possible and lingered as long as possible.

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
It needed more

Like the nony comment, Jerry's heritage and potential inheritance was dangled through the story, but then left at the end.

Good job by the old man, 'from Hell's heart I stab at thee!'

My only thing, just disconnecting the line would not have caused the explosion, someone with sense would leave a rag burning in the kitchen while he wheeled himself either back to the den or out of the house.

Still, did Jerry get the dealerships and the hefty insurance payout?

The three bodies upstairs, where they found entangled?

Could have been very good, just missed a couple of targets at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
*****

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 5 years ago
Jesus fuck this was bullshit.

I see the usual BTB crowd is well entrenched in their self congratulatory jerk off session. Yep, let’s fucking MURDER someone who committed adultery! I’ll bet you faggots were thrilled when Nicole Simpson and her boyfriend were killed, or every god damn time some sharia law loving Muslim fucking goes ape shit on their wives or throws battery acid on their ex’s face because HOLY FUCK, women are shit.

Get this through your thick skulls: murder is illegal. Cheating on your spouse isn’t. And if you want to talk shit about some cheater, have at it. You want to celebrate murder then I suggest you get your ass into therapy.

MollydaKatMollydaKatover 5 years ago
Now thats how you write a sharing & caring tale

They hung the horns on him his entire marriage , had him raise a bastard son .

But he blew their horns off ! Bahahaha .

Yes that is certain grounds for murder , they murdered his whole adult life , its really unfair that they got to live to be seniors . Should have scattered them out much earlier .

He shared them with the block , literally blew them all over it . Caringly of course .

Perfect . *****

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

What a sad story with a horrific betrayal of a good man.

I think you wrote the lack of remorse very well for the slut wife. For her, the affair had been over for years and was ancient history as far as she was concerned. That dismissive "oh just get over it" attitude absolutely infuriates me, but for Jerry's dad, it must have been heartbreaking.

A BtB in the literal sense, for a husband who at that point had nothing left to lose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pretty terrible story

1*

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WHEN ONE COMPARES SEXUAL PRATICES AND ATTITUDES FROM THEN AND NOW

the worst beatdown is the EGO, TK U MLJ LV NV

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
Kiteres:

No, disconnecting the gas line alone would not have caused an explosion, and I found it a plot hole that a seriously crippled man could move the range away from the wall to get to the gas line.

Then he’d have to wait to let the gas build up to explosive volume, which would be difficult to survive. At that point, he’d need a spark to set off the explosion.

Still, I can suspend disbelief enough to encompass that.

jasonnhjasonnhover 5 years ago

The arrogance of the 3 cheaters, pride about what they did, deserved this end. His wife decides near the end of his life to callously spit in his face with her affair with his friend. She WANTED him to know. Maybe because she figured he couldn't do anything about it? That's about as low as you can get. She found out she was very wrong. He COULD do something and he did. Agnes and Tony, as the "three musketeers", went along for her final party.

The affair may have happened years ago but the blatant disrespect to an old and seemingly helpless man was fresh, as was the well deserved revenge.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
You set this up nicely.

You gave us an honorable, hard working husband and father. You gave us a supercilious cheating wife that lacked the ability, or humanity, to realize or care what she had done to her husband. You gave us two selfish, uncaring "friends" that conspired to ruin the man's life and never gave a shit about him. You gave us a man with no real life, or any reason to want to live. You created the perfect storm and blew it to hell and gone.

I cannot understand the concern some commenters have about money and parentage. The story was about betrayal, respect, and revenge. That was the story. You managed to write the good character very good and the bad characters extremely evil, thus making the murder/suicide plausible. Well plotted and nicely delivered.

hansbwlhansbwlover 5 years ago
Revenge????

The problem with this kind of revenge is that it is in fact no revenge. The three people who caused his misery died happy without regret.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Too soon.

Good build up but then you took the easy way out.

Would've been better if you continued the kids forcing the cheaters to see their true colors and the damage done by their cheating was as bad as it truly was.

Jerry could have taken his dad home with him taking him away from the people who destroyed his life.

You took the easy way out.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

I suppose there are exceptions, but usually when a company sends an employee to school the company pays for it. He shouldn't have needed his VA benefits.

"...and of course old Uncle Tony is only too happy to help." - I'll BET he's helping, probably the same "help" that got her knocked up with Jerry!

If his wife and Blaylocks aren't helping him, why stay there? Couldn't whoever is caring for him care for him at his home?

His wife not "stepping up"? I thought he refused her help?

Of course they'll still be his sisters. They ARE his sisters, half-sisters anyway.

I'm surprised that Jerry shook Tony's hand!

"We never thought it was a bad thing." - If it wasn't a "bad thing," then why didn't Tony ever "share" Agnes with Frank? Because they knew that Frank would hit the roof?

Frankly, I wouldn't feel bad about losing the assholes, even his mother! Maybe if they had shown some contrition, but if anything, it appears the affair was still going on! It's not made clear in the story, but as some comments have said, the three of them were upstairs, probably in the same bed!

I'm no expert, but I agree that simply disconnecting the gas line wouldn't CAUSE the explosion, though it would fill the room/house with gas. I think the usual method is to blow out the pilot lights and turn the knobs on full, then supply an ignition source.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Frank was clearly psychotic

No wonder his wife cheated on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
good

Frank was a real man not like that piece of human waste Tony

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Meh

A quick death with no regrets is SO much less satisfying than having a cheater spend their final years rejected by their children and devastated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
It's a real shame this story wasn't a bit longer.

Really good piece of writing.

Decent storyline that was going somewhere. I was honestly expecting an ending where Jerry was going to somehow bankrupt Tony and get a revenge for his dad ..... so this ' explosive' ending was a complete surprise for me.

5 * ...... more please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
They got off far to easy.

Not much of a revenge as they wouldn't have known anything. They should have suffered after what they put him through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Shear Determination

I wasn’t sure how Frank was going to get his revenge but he was not a man to mess with when it came to his family. While Cinical didn’t beat us over the head to make us think about her actions I’m guessing Edith wanted to go back to the life she had with Agnes and Tony and that was why she told her husband with a serious heart condition about her affair with them.

Kiteares asked about the gas explosion; most gas ranges have an auto spark ignition to light the gas after the burner knob is turned. All Frank had to do was get the gas line off and let the room fill with gas and then turn a range knob. Of course I wonder how he got access to the gas line. The connection is normally behind the stove so you need to move the entire stove to get to it.

deadonedeadoneover 5 years ago

It was a set up! A set up, I say!

1 - Dad is basically immobile and could not get to the kitchen

2 - Pipe wrench is wired to his hand, yet his other hand is near useless. It could not have wrapped the wire tightly!

3 - Stove is too heavy for Dad to move it in order to disconnected the gas line.

4 - Dad worked on cars! He would never have a plumbing tool in the same tool box! Just not done!!

Summary: Frank can't get to kitchen, can't wire the wrench to hand, can't move stove, won't have a pipe wrench. A set up!!

deadonedeadoneover 5 years ago

p.s. Good story, thanks.

imhaplessimhaplessover 5 years ago
Great story

I normally don't like it when the cheaters are killed in revenge because it seems too extreme and lacks imagination. This story was different; a novel take on things. I liked it all, including the ending; 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sadly, these are the times we live in

When you have the Commander in Cheat setting the nation's moral tone, it's no surprise none of characters feel any remorse.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 5 years ago
Whackdoodle: Jesus fuck this was bullshit

My friend I don't think you see the point here.Yes murder is murder and cheating is cheating. But Wack, if you suffered a heart attack and then your loving wife informed you while you were in a delicate that she just happened to fuck a guy you thought was your friend and off and on continued through out your marriage (making you a long time cuck) OH and your son might not be your son. All this causes you to have a stroke so now you have limited mobility, moves you into her lovers house and goes up stairs to sleep each night no where near you are you going to tell me that you are just going to smile and enjoy the sounds of their love making?

Which is the greater murder, one gas explosion or the cutting away of the heart a little at a time?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Chill

Hey whack doodle chill out it’s a story for Christ sake

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 to help offset the

asshole of LIT, dear annony,'s 1 vote.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 5 years ago
Its not the adultery its the disrespect

The truth caused his stroke. But no one is remorseful or contrite. They put him downstairs and then have a threesome upstairs. He knew what they were doing. They were cold uncaring people and deserved his retribution. They thought he should just "get over it". Well now everyone is "over it".

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Dark and Logical Story

The author wrote the women well - no remorse; it is hubby's fault for going away to the training course. I figured the ka-boom was coming when he asked his son for the tools. Good writing.

carvohicarvohiover 5 years ago
All right... all right!

First, when I got to the end and found out the father managed to do what he did I wanted to smack the shit out of you.

To me there were two innocents in this story, the father and his son. It would have been great for the son to take his dad home and, with his wife's help, and outside medical help, nurse the old man back to health. Then they could've "moved on" together, letting the stupid wife and her friends go their own ways. I could even have seen an attempt as some kind of rapprochement between the son and Tony. Wouldn't that have been fun?

So I didn't like the ending, but it was still a fine story. I'll take into consideration your posted name. This was a five, but I didn't like the end.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi)

gldngolfergldngolferover 5 years ago
How?

How could a man in a wheel chair partially paralyzed move a heavy gas stove to get access to the gas lines?

Why did Jerry play nice with the adulterers? He was as much a victim as his father. Why didn't he rage against them all? Even his sisters deserved some sort of brow beating, didn't they?

Jerry could've have taken his father away from the evil he was surrounded by and nursed him back to health at his house.

To me it feels the author took the easy way out just to end the story. He had a good build up and had set the options for the children setting the cheaters straight, or at least the attempt to.

I'm not saying they didn't deserve the ending they got, but just think of the possibilities of the emotional pain the victimized father and son could inflict by going a different route.

pumpop201pumpop201over 5 years ago

Great story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

It's just a shame they didn't know who did it before they died. Their deaths were too quick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Psycho.

Only psychos kill people over "honor". A mediocre story about an evil killer.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 5 years ago
What about the other sister?

where was the other sister? who was the 4th body? the nurse?

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Very Good

Now thats what I call going out with a bang!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

maybe you have an ending to tell what happens to the girls and jerry and who was in the house

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Not a Psycho

In my opinion the wife not only cheated on husband she decided to rub it into his face while he was recovering from a heart attack and caused him to stroke. What kind of man wants to sit in the same house with a cheating wife and her two cheating partners humiliating him every day while he withers away? He told his daughters and "son" he loved them and then did away with the evil three and himself (the forth body). The wife and her loving friends never expressed remorse and told the crippled old man to get over it! I would call that justified homicide! Well that only me ;-)

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Good story, but probably wrong solution.

The son should have emancipated his father and found a nurse to take care of him away from the humiliation of the wife and other couple.

Still, if your time has come, there is something to say for taking the evil shits with you!

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
Psycho?

No, only a snowflake would think so. 5 stars

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago
comments on the comments.

1--Whackdoodle.....there goes the last shred of respect I had for you. Not one shred of concern that these "victims" have been and intend to continue to effectively torture this man to death, just concern or the poor cheaters, as per your usual. Makes me wonder about your own personal life that you are so invested in cheaters winning.

2--It's obvious that she told him on purpose, she intended to destroy him, and her scumfuck friends conspired to make sure the remainder of his life was being cruelly mentally tortured by the "three muskateers" keeping him there and rubbing his nose in the fact that they are all fucking every night. Hell, that "fight" that caused her to admit the affair was probably over him catching her and Tony doing something they shouldn't have been doing, and she decided to go for the jugular, so to speak. They were torturing that man, pure and fucking simple. They deserved to die, unfortunately their deaths appeared to have been sudden and what they deserved was something far slower and painful but hey, done is done. To those of you calling Frank a psychotic or any of that, fuck you.

3--No, the son or daughters could not "just take Frank with them". Frank is barely able to communicate, his wife is his legal guardian, caregiver, and power of attorney. Through Tony, she has access to much better legal representation than her son or daughters do. Her and her friends don't want to give up custody of Frank because they enjoy what they are doing to him, so the son would have to fight them in court to get custody. It's made clear that medically, Frank is getting excellent care so APS won't remove him, and wifey and Tony's expensive lawyers can argue in court for months that Frank isn't mentally fit to make the choice himself and Frank's own difficulties communicating will make that argument easier for them to at least drag the proceedings out, if not win outright. Even IF the son gains custody, it would be months down the road, his father would likely be dead by then, living in a prison of mental torture by cunt wife and her accomplices for that whole time.

--In conclusion, given that removing him from that home in a timely manner is highly unlikely, that his captors are callously torturing him and fully intended for him to remain their prisoner for the rest of his life, Frank was perfectly morally justified in doing what he did.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
@Sword Wielder

Fourth body was the Dad. The other three were upstairs, sexing.

Did our ‘narrator’ not notice Aunt Agnes let the cat out of the bag that her hubby was STILL boffing Mom?

1wrngrght1wrngrghtover 5 years ago
With A Cherry On Top

Jerry stepped forward with scissors in hand, his wife and sisters to his left and right. He grasped the red ribbon and cut it, “Kilroy’s Auto is open for business.” The ceremony was re-enacted at the other two locations.

In the years to come Kilroy’s became wildly successful due to their fastidious customer service and excellent repair service keyed upon the simple phrase, “the way Frank would have done it.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not very erotic but...

Actually it was well written and a believable story. Over look any negative comments it usually means they are envious. I can't give it a five but I will give it four.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best “ flash” story

Excellent ending!! Best Flash story in a long time

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This was over the top revenge

This was murder. Pure and simple.. a bitch wife and husbandlosing his sense of right and wrong..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow, I didn't think the old man killed the cheaters over honor, . . .

I thought he killed them because he hated them for betraying him and he wanted to make sure they died when he did. I thought it was kind of a camaraderie thing. He couldn't join them in fucking up his life, but he could join them in ending theirs. Never confuse revenge killing for honor killing. Honor killing is kind of up tight and duty bound. Revenge is fun.

Thanks for a droll story and a fun ending. Talk about Burn The Bitch!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Further proof

anon comments should be disallowed.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Disproportionate Response?

One school of thought is that Frank's response to the deceit of his wife and friends was disproportionate. In the circumstances where he was bed-ridden, helpless and deprived of speech, what exactly would have been a proportionate response, I wonder? Waggle his eyebrows at them?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Jerry: "Way to go dad!"

. This is a simple but brilliant story! A story of how a fragile man, at deaths door, takes back his dignity. 5-Stars! I very seldom give 5-stars but this story deserves every one of them. The blasé trio gets kicked to the curb ... hell! I would love to know what the sisters make of what has happened here for the dramatic irony is that only us, the readers, and Jerry knows exactly WHAT transpired. Dad uses the tools of his trade to take revenge on the bitch of a wife and the couple of his so-called friends here in their house. This is obviously the last place that he ever wanted to be. Cinical thanks for sharing.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Ka-Boom

When I was 12 My Parents left Me with My Granma!....Where they lived there was a natural gas pipeline that ran past their house!....True as I'm a Writing this My Granma went to the Shop to buy Milk and bread....My Cousin and I playing with Firecrackers and We devised a louder Bang by binding 3 double bungers together .... we lit the thing near the old chook shed (Chicken shed) Mind you We could smell something bad (Gas) .....It did go bang.... far out ....it made a crater hole in the earth....as for the chook shed who knows....Story is superb★★★★★

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The next chapter,

Jerry proves his relationship to Tony and inherits everything.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Strong stuff.

Revenge by death is always

a questionable solution.

Here it is as close to reasonable,

as it gets.

Powerful stuff froma rising writer.

Top ratings from me.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Good Story

Plenty of detail in a two page story. My only problem is that I almost could have out-lined it after the first couple of pages and certainly knew the ending back then.

There is certainly some doubt in my mind if the problem here was a case of different class thoughts or a peculiar trio here. I gather that they did threesomes back in college?

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 5 years ago
5 star

They never told old dad so i surmise that they really knew the affair was wrong. So .... exploding everyone is pretty harsh but thats what u might get when your tear someones heart and sole out.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

I'm not sure why people are calling this an honour killing. Honour killings are usually inspired by strong religious beliefs and that a woman's promiscuity brought "shame" on her family (even in the case of rape... yeah, I know, utterly fucking insane.)

The cuckolded father in this case doesn't give a shit how the wider community views his joke of a marriage. His wife repeatedly fucked his best friends... for years. Not only did they have a long-standing affair, she even had Tony's bastard and tricked Frank into raising the boy as his own. This was encouraged by Agnes, who slept with Edith in college and was clearly an eager participant in countless threesomes.

Frank might still love Jerry as the equivalent of an adopted son, but their relationship was now permanently tainted. Frank would always know that his boy wasn't really his child and that he was Tony's son. "You'll always be my dad" is a nice sentiment... but it's just not the same as him being his biological child.

On top of that horrific betrayal, the "three musketeers" not only haven't apologised about the affair, they basically dismiss Frank's torment at their betrayal and treat him like a child having a tantrum. The sheer disrespect and contempt for the poor guy from all three of them is mind-blowing.

Frank's life is basically over. At that point, he has nothing to look forward to. His body is ruined after the heart attack and stroke and his life's memories are now revealed to be a cruel sham, having been shit on by his friends and wife. So yeah, I can see where he's coming from with his revenge.

Infidelity alone doesn't deserve the death penalty, but a wife tricking her husband into raising her lover's bastards? You're often talking about decades-long fraud that when discovered, inflicts life-changing emotional trauma on the victim(s). If a husband finds out when he's too old to have his own family, the slut wife has basically stolen his legacy from him. Having offspring is a driving imperative of every living creature... and being cuckolded like that means your life was worthless genetically speaking.

Justifiable homicide imho.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Story okay

Dad forgot his daughters who knew about as well.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago
@ultimatehomebody

I wouldn't fault the daughters, it's never fair for one parent to put the children into a position to have to cover for or keep a secret from the other parent, especially when the thing the kids fear the most is the fallout (divorce) from the other parent discovering the secret.

phil2213phil2213over 5 years ago
Extremely well written unconventional revenge story

Decades later, yet ongoing betrayal led the theme of this story. Agree or not with the husband/father (Frank) you can't help feeling some emotions. For me that is the test of a truly good story to have evotive emotional output. The plot was week but the framework was well constructed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Frank: 3, cheaters: 1. Game, set and match. There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight!

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago
one of the best i have read

great story

so nice to see that some men still think self respect is important even when they are sick.

the 3 musketeers deserved what they got and i hope they suffered just a tiny bit before they died and i hope they end up in hell where they belong

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Now I remember why I loved this ending it's what I would have hoped for in "Another Love"

Rob the character in Richard Gerald's "Another Love" story had to not only put with knowing that his wife cheated on him but she continued a love affair until he lover died. The wife Karen then she wanted to memorialize her lost lover's memory with the nude paintings of his her during her affair in Rob's house. Karen invites her lovers family to Rob's house to celebrate the lost lover's memory and his art work featuring Rob's wife Karen. I always thought that Rob should just and set fire to that large house with the arts and cheaters in it just like Frank did in this story! Too bad about the cheaters but they drove Frank "insane" and he reacted. Oh well it's only a story!

maninconnmaninconnover 5 years ago
Wow

Great tale. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very Good Story

Yes, this was a very good story and I enjoyed immensely. I admired Frank’s resolve. He was very sick, almost helpless, but his final act was checking himself out, and he made sure that those who had wronged him most went along for the ride. It’s just too bad he couldn’t give them a little advance notice. You know, to let them suffer in the anticipation of the fact that they were about to die. Now THAT....would have been some payback. Five Stars, no doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Interesting story but great ending

A well-written story where the term "burn the bitch" was literal, along with the other two bastards included.

Keep writing, you did well hear.

T.T.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Story!

Somebody wrote that the author took the easy way out? In all the stories I have read here, this is the first one that had a determined old man using his last bit of energy to exact revenge. Hats off to Cinical!

As for the lack of details on how he pulled it off. The author is giving the reader credit. Frank was a very determined guy. You should know that Frank might struggle for a long time to get that wrenched wired tight. And he may have had to crawl into the kitchen, but he had motive and will. Please don’t force the authors to dumb down the storys! I’ll bet Frank put out the pilot light, disconnected the pipe and then flicked his Bic.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Ranges are the lightest of the common major appliances. Easily pulled out by a man in a motorized wheel chair. With a 4 or 6 foot gasline(3 is probably most common) he could pull.it out and get the line off at the stove end.

Turn a burner knob to ignite, and kablooey!

Murder for adultery, probably never justifed.

Beatdown for Tony and maybe the daughters beating the women in revenge for betrayal, giving someone a stroke, and torturing them?? Possibly allowable witbin a sense of decency and morals. Best would be just out and humiliate them. Tough to humiliate shameless hideous phonies.

I would rather have seen them alive and disfigured or disabled, preferably that they did to themselves

He WAS willing to kill himself too, wasn't like he got off Scot Free by blowing up the house. Too bad he didn't do it with just Tony home

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wtf?

How is this rated so highly? Where’s the fucking sex?

oldwayneoldwayneover 5 years ago
OUTSTANDING!

Probably the best revenge story I have read since PAPATOAD stopped posting...definitely a Five Star story! Torchthebitch forever!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The

Only problem is that the lizards didn't have a chance to think about what and why.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Burn the bitch and all who nail her

Nice flash story of a man with pride who uses the last of his strength to wipe the smiles of the 3 swingers who treated him like he was beneath them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
BTB

Revenge on the people who showed him lack of respect during his life.His life was near its end so he made took one a final action. He really deserved a medal for his bravery

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
BTB at its bets! Scorched earth - Burn the bitch and the bastards - ONE TIME!!!

This is the best BTB story on this site. The father gets his revenge even with his strength almost at the end. With his last will en effort he gets rid of the three people who betrayed him! Especially his bitch of a wife!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
If Tony was his father...

Then Jerry would inherit some or all of Tony's wealth?

juanviejojuanviejoabout 5 years ago
I love this story very much!

Cinco Estrellas! Great burn the bitch story.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 5 years ago
Overall, good... but...

Two things struck me as just wrong: first, Jerry was very upset with Tony’s affair with his mother. So why didn’t he knock Tony out, beat the shit out of him after arriving? Second, it’s the final paragraph before Jerry’s tearful goodbye — why would he be sad about Tony, Agnes, and his mother’s deaths? They certainly guaranteed Frank’s misery, and defined misrepresented Jerry’s parentage. Hell, Jerry should sue for a slice of Tony’s estate.

Ocker51Ocker51about 5 years ago
Thumbs Up

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 5 years ago
Unique, Creative, Well Written

Loved the creativity and the style. Really enjoy these one-of-a-kind stories. Truly memorable. An enfeebled man, cuckolded and humiliated for decades, regains his self respect with the last act of his life.

Yes, murder. Yes, suicide. I don't care. I just felt right.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Reading again

Story holds up for me. An honorable man with health, marriage, and family destroyed takes final revenge on three people who have destroyed his will to live. No one here lives happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
An "honorable man"...

...who murders his wife, his wife's former lover, and her lover's wife. An honor killing! Where was this? The Middle East?

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
A real man disrespected and cuckolded by wife and friends ultimate revenge

Didn't have many ways to punish people responsible for dishonor on top of dishonor

But got job done

Hat off to fellow Vietnam vet

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Biggest thing wrong with this story

is that the son did not tell his mom, uncle tony or aunt agnes what sorry, rotten, lowlife scum they were.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
@Whackdoodle 12/06/18

perhaps it's time adultery was condemned by the secular law as well as the biblical law once again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Dear fellow Anon

"An "honorable man"...

...who murders his wife, his wife's former lover, and her lover's wife. An honor killing! Where was this? The Middle East?"

My guess is that you're either single or some kind of holier than thou shitforbrains who's never felt the dagger of betrayal in his back.

I therefore have a question for you: If YOUR wife took up with another man, what would YOUR reaction be?

Would you man up, or would you lick his slime out of her cheating pussy?

I'm guessing the second.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Clinical

Love how your character eliminates the competition and the cheating spouse in your stories. BOOM.....BTB. 5

KRD19254KRD19254over 4 years ago

Come on readers connect the dots.... Tony had a threesome going in college and well after, hell they were all together upstairs when the house blew - likely in the King size bed. Hell, Edith and Agnes (college roommates) where likely Lesbians and Tony made them Bi's - what an ego stoking!

[Did anyone think that Edith blurted out her CHEAT to Frank to purposely shock Frank into another heart-attack, so the threesome could be together forever now?]

BUT before Tony is cremated Jerry needs to get the DNA tested so Jerry gets Tony''s $$$ empire.

Now it would be the shits for Jerry to go home early unannounced (4hrs away) to find his own wife cheating or 9mo later she has a child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a Great Old Guy

This guy went out in style .. And he took care of the People who had Hurt Him and His Family .. Respect

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Just a small point of information.

Everyone seems to gloss over that fact that Jerry would not be alive if his mother and Tony didn’t have the affair!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
In a time when so many rules are discarded or derided

It is satisfying to read a story where the good guy gets some justice and there is immediency, not years of bullshit courtrooms and bullshit judges.

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Wowee!

That My Friends is Revenge.. Thanks for sharing this Brilliant story with us! 5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Regarding Anon 11/28/19

If she never slept with Tony, she would have been sleeping with Frank and Jerry's paternity would never have been in doubt. Just sayin'!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

"He can't accept Mom's apology" - How can he accept her apology when she's still carrying on with Tony?

I obviously misremembered, but I thought it was explicit that the affair was still going on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCinical@Cinical
I haven't listed my favorite authors yet, because there's so many I like and I don't want to leave any out.