But Now One Soul

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers

"It's possible that until your protection is needed again, is when the nightmares stop."

"So you're saying that if another situation arises and the protectiveness kicks in and I successfully come through it is when I can sleep in peace?"

"Yes." Kristen looks over at Dani. The blonde's face is downcast.

Suddenly, Jesse stands up. "Um…" Knowing she would say the wrong thing, she stops herself and just walks out.

Dani and Kristen look at each other. "I'm sorry." Dani says.

"No, maybe I'm the one who should apologize. This discussion has been rather intense. Please, go see to her. I'll see you later." Kristen stands up.

"Thanks Kris. I'll be in touch." She extends her hand for a shake. Stepping out of the office she sees Jesse leaning up against the wall staring at the ceiling. She walks up and gently wraps her arms around the tall woman. Laying her head upon the chest, she listens to the heartbeat. Are you mad?

Jesse returns the hug.Yeah, but more frustrated than angry. I just don't know what to believe. Her words sounded a little far fetched but then again, maybe there is something to be attained in them.

Dani looks up into sapphire eyes. "Let's go home. We'll talk."

******

Two days later finds Jesse packing a duffel bag for a trip. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" The tall woman asks.

"It'll be great. We could use a vacation, and my parents have been pestering me about meeting you." Dani throws a second suitcase onto the bed and unzips it. "They are not going to leave me alone about this. You know ever since I came out to my family, that they have all thought it was just a phase. Now they see how serious I am." Standing in front of the open drawer, she starts flinging clothes over her shoulder directly into the open suitcase.

Jesse looks on bewildered. "Um… Dani, if we're only going for three days, then why are you packing a second case?"

She responds with a smirk to her lover. "These are the 'in case' items."

"Huh?"

Placing the last of the items into the suitcase she turns to the tall woman. "These clothes are 'in case'," she motions in the air with her fingers the sign of quotation marks, "I need them for something."

Jesse shakes her head in disbelief.

******

The flight into Denver was uneventful. Dani's brothers are waiting for them at the gate.

"Danielle." The voice booms out for everyone to hear.

She looks around and spots the shaggy blonde hair of her brother Michael. She is embraced in a big bear hug as her feet dangle in mid air. "Hi Mikey. It's so good to see you."

"It's great to see you. How've you been?" He asks enthusiastically.

"Wonderful." Once he puts her down, she takes Jesse's hand in her own. "This is Jesse. Jesse this is my baby brother Michael."

"Aha, the Vet." He extends his hand with a smile. "Jesse, nice to finally meet you."

"Where's Kenny?" Dani asks as she looks around the terminal. "I thought he would be with you?"

"I'm right here, Inchworm." The tall figure with a darker shade of dishwater blonde hair crew cut style sweeps her off her feet. He is the same height as Jesse and his features are that of a hardworking farmer. "So is this Jesse?"

"Yes. Jesse this is my big bully of a brother Kendall."

"But Kenny and Mikey are fine with us," interrupts the younger brother.

Kenny gives Jesse a toothy grin and they shake hands.

Standing between her two siblings, it looks as if she should be the youngest one. Even with Mikey being a couple of years younger, he still stands above his sister by five or six inches.

"So, Inchworm, you finally decided to come for a visit and show off the Vet, huh?"

The dark woman's eyebrow rises upward.So Inchworm is your nickname?

Let it lie, I'll explain later. Dani takes her lover's hand again. "Shall we go?"

They pull into the driveway of a ranch style cabin nestled between pine trees. Two Labrador Retrievers come barreling down the front lawn to say hello. Dani is almost knocked down by the Labs as they excitedly wag their tails and lick her hands and face. She laughs from all the attention. "Jesse, these are my brothers dogs. The chocolate Lab is Shiloh and the black one is Cujo."

Jesse mouths the word, "Cujo?"

"Yeah, that's one of Kenny's favorite movies." Dani responds and pulls the tall woman along to the house.

"Mom? Dad? We're finally here."

"Dani, it's about time." A somewhat plump gray haired woman comes into view and gives Dani a tight hug. "Honey, you look so thin. Have you been eating right?"

"Yes, Mom. I'm eating just fine. In fact, if I don't keep an eye out with all that Jesse feeds me, I won't be able to get through the door." Dani winks at her lover. "Mom, this is Jesse."

The older woman looks up to a pair of intense blue eyes. "Oh, my. Jesse…hello." She smiles.

Jesse extends her hand. "Nice to meet you Mrs…"

"Oh, please, no formalities around hear. We're just country folk. You can call me Brenda."

"Nice to meet you Brenda."

"And it's sure nice to meet you Blue Eyes." The steel gaze entrances the older woman again.

A dark eyebrow arches up Jesse's forehead. She shoots a questioning look to her love.

"Mom, don't you dare start flirting with MY man when you have your own!"

"Who's flirting with who?" A gruff voice comes from the direction of the kitchen. There stands a gray-haired man with a full bushy beard and glasses. He has a bit of a gut, but other than that he looks like an older version of Kenny.

"Daddy!" She runs up and hugs him fiercely.

"Is your mother captivated by your chosen love?" he asks teasingly as he sidles up to his wife. Extending a thick-calloused hand, he says, "Ah, Jesse. I'm Tyler. I see your obvious stunning beauty and those soul-searing eyes captivate my wife. Welcome."

Jesse now feeling a little uncomfortable at the attention is appreciative when Dani's arm snakes its way around her waist.

"Why don't you two settle in and then meet us out on the deck. We're having a barbecue for dinner." Brenda motions for them to skid addle.

Dani pulls her lover along through the house and up the stairs. At the end of the hallway, they come to a door very familiar to the small woman. She opens it. The room still looks the same as when she left about a year ago. It most definitely screams out 'girlie'. There is a flower-covered comforter and matching pillows on the four-poster bed with a teddy bear lying right in the middle. The oak vanity table with drawers is laden with a hairbrush and a few small bottles. One painting of a sunset beach and footprints in the sand hangs over the bed.

Dani closes the door and pulls the tall woman down for a long needed kiss. Lips part and tongues dance slowly upon each other. A moan escapes Jesse's throat. A small hand reaches up to feel jet-black silky strands of hair through her fingers.

Large hands slide down to firmly grab a tight round ass. Jesse picks up the small woman who now has her legs wrapped around a strong waist. Walking over to the bed, she lays the bundle down without breaking the kiss. Jesse starts a slow grind into the young woman's sex.

"Yes." Dani hisses breaking from the kiss as her hands find its way under the tall woman's shirt.

All of a sudden the door bursts open. "Oh shit!" A shaggy blonde holding two suitcases turns beet red.

Jesse flies off her lover instantly and rubs the back of her neck without making any eye contact.

"Goddamn it Mikey! Can't you knock?" The frazzled woman tries to compose herself as she sits up.


"I was just bringing your bags up. Jeez, how am I supposed to know you two would be in here sucking face?" He drops the suitcases and storms out.

She looks at Jesse and mouths, 'sorry'. The tall woman nods. "I'm going to check on him. I'll be right back."

Jesse nods again. She grabs the suitcases and places them over by the dresser. Taking her duffel bag, she rummages through it retrieving her cell phone. After checking messages, she lies back onto the bed. She closes her eyes for a few minutes.Her family seems nice and rather accepting. For some reason I didn't think it would go so well. Hmm, it looks like the family now believes Dani's preference and is happy for her.

Dani returns to the room quietly. Closing the door, she saunters to the bed and climbs on top of the long body. Straddling her hips, Dani bends down for a kiss.

"This is how we got in trouble the last time." Jesse says with a tease before she opens her eyes.

"This time I locked the door, and I told mom and dad we were going to freshen up a bit before coming down." She pulls off her shirt then her bra. "Please Jesse. I'm so horny right now. You've got to help me out. Just a quick one. Please?" She begs as she kneads her breasts to entice the dark woman.

Jesse knows she cannot deny this angel's request. Sitting up, she devours the decadent neck as her fingers unbutton and work free Dani's jeans. Reaching a hand down the front of the pants, she quickly finds the nether lips engorged and very wet. She slides two fingers between the blonde's lips and up inside of her. Her thumb strokes the bundle of nerves. Jesse sets a rhythm and begins nipping along Dani's chest.

"Oh, god Jesse. Mmm. It feels so good." Dani rocks her hips as her hands start to undo her lover's jeans. She manages to get her hand down the front. Her fingers search the entrance of her desire. As soon as her thumb comes in contact with Jesse's clit, the tall woman's hips buck. Dani holds herself with her free arm around Jesse's neck while the dark woman has her free arm wrapped around the smaller woman's waist. They grunt and moan into each other's mouth, neck, and hair. "Yes, fuck me Jesse. Ahh…Come with me baby. I…want to feel your release."

The young woman's words almost bring Jesse over the edge. They thrust into each other's mounds frantically as their arousal climbs higher and higher. Finally, a guttural groan comes out of Jesse as her inner walls tighten around small fingers. Her body tenses with the impending orgasm. The actions carry Dani over the abyss with her. They ride the waves together until hips stop moving.

Dani collapses on top of her lover. "God, how I love you." She looks into cerulean eyes. "And what you do to me." Her eyebrows wiggle playfully.

"I love you too Sweetheart."

Dani begins to rub her wrist.

"Are you alright?" Jesse asks somewhat confused as to why Dani is doing that.

"I think I sprained my hand while inside your jeans." They bust out laughing.

"God, I hope not. I would hate for your mother to be asking what happened to your wrist." Jesse continues laughing.

"I can just see her face as I try to explain."

The laughter goes on for another minute until Jesse gives the young woman an endearing love infused kiss.

They make their way out to the yard.

"Danielle," Brenda calls out, "what took you two so long? I was just about to send Michael up to get you. The food is ready dear, and you know how your father gets when he's hungry."

"Sorry Mom." Dani tries to avoid any further explanation.

Tyler calls Jesse over for a beer.

"Honey, your hair is somewhat tousled." Brenda jumps in again then notices something on Dani's neck. She gently grabs her daughter's face and turns it to the side. "Danielle. You have a hickey." She whispers for just the two of them to hear.

Dani turns ten shades of red.

"That wasn't one on your neck earlier when you first arrived." Brenda gives her daughter a stern look.

"Mom, please." Dani tries to walk away but the older woman holds her arm.

"Now, just a minute. Did you forget your mother is talking to you?" She scans the yard for the taller woman. "JESSE!"

Everyone's heads turn. Jesse tenses.

"Jesse. Come here." Brenda firmly states.

The tall woman walks over. "Um, yes?"

"I see you can't keep your hands…or should I say your mouth off my daughter since she is sporting a hickey that wasn't there before."

Jesse clutches the beer bottle until her knuckles turn white. She isn't sure if she should be pissed at this arrogant woman or just be scared. She takes a quick look at Dani searching for an answer.

Please, Jesse, be nice. I don't know what she's doing. I'm sorry. Don't be angry. The young woman's pleading emerald eyes brings Jesse to a calmer state. Looking back at Brenda, Jesse nods.

In a gentle voice, Brenda says, "Well, then I can also see that you love her very much."

"With all my heart and soul." Jesse responds.

"Good." She pats the tall woman's cheek playfully. "Okay, let's eat." She smiles brightly.

The two let out a breath they didn't know they were holding.

"Mom, how…why…ugh, you scared the hell out of me." Dani says exasperated.

"Well dear, I still do have a sense of humor. Grant it, it may be evil but it's still a sense of humor."

Dani and Jesse look at each other not sure if they should laugh.

The evening continues with the Sheridan family sharing stories about a certain Inchworm when she was a little girl. Jesse enjoys the playful banter between siblings. As the night comes to a close, Brenda begins to collect the remainder of the dishes to bring inside. Jesse decides to help. She sets the leftover food on the counter.

"Thank you for your help Jesse."

"Sure."

"I hope you are not upset about the incident earlier." Brenda turns to face the tall woman. "Come have a seat. I'd like to talk to you briefly."

Jesse sits at the table.

"Danielle is my only daughter. When she told us that she was gay, well we were a bit surprised, but we also knew it was coming. She never really liked boys as more than friends. So, when she moved away to a big city and then writes us to say she has found her true love, we were frightened. As she continued to write and call, I could clearly see how much she loves you. But I was concerned that the depth of her love would go unrequited. Now, today here you are. As soon as I looked into your eyes, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you would love her and protect her until your dying breath." She reaches across the table to take Jesse's hand in her own. "I am happy for the two of you. You see, when I was young I had my share of boys and girls."

Jesse's eyes widen at this new knowledge.

"I once loved a girl but she didn't share the same depth of feeling. We went out for a year and I thought we'd be together forever, but one day she left. She left me a note saying she was getting bored with me and needed to go find something new. The next time I saw her, she was living with another woman. Then I met Tyler, and he showed me an undying love and devotion. I thought in my head that women just don't make a good long-term match. But that is really not the case, is it. It depends on the individuals."

"Hey, what's going on in here? Mom, are you making a pass at Jesse?" Dani steps in next to her lover.

"Dear, if I was twenty something years younger, I would definitely make a pass at Jesse. But now, I'm content with your father." Brenda gets up to begin washing the dishes.

"Is everything okay?" Dani asks quietly to the tall woman.

Jesse nods. She takes the small hand and they walk outside.

"What were you two talking about?" The young woman asks.

"I'll tell you later. Inchworm."

"Oh, great, now I have to be subject to you calling me that too?"

"Well, it does suit you." Jesse gives her a lopsided grin.

"Everyone, I'm going to turn in for the night." Tyler says. "You boys make sure the fire is out and carry all the heavy stuff inside for your ma."

"Yes Sir," they reply in unison.

"Dani, Jesse, sleep well. Tomorrow at breakfast we'll talk about some sightseeing the two of you can do."

"Thanks Daddy." She kisses him on the cheek.

"Goodnight Tyler." Jesse adds. She looks over at the guys. "Would you two like any help?"

"Naw, we're fine. Thanks though." Kenny responds.

Inside their room, Dani slips into a long T-shirt for sleeping. Jesse keeps her boxers on and tank top. They slide into the bed.

"Hmm, kind of small." Jesse comments.

"Well, growing up, I was the only one in the bed," Dani responds while snuggling onto her lover's shoulder. Her arms wrap securely around the human pillow and her left leg drapes over the front of Jesse's thighs.

"Are you comfy?" Jesse asks sarcastically.

"Mmm, very. But I do wish we were naked." She looks up into blue eyes. "I love the feel of your skin touching mine."

Jesse smiles and tenderly strokes a cheek.

"So, what were you and my mom talking about?"

"Why didn't you tell me your mom was bisexual?"

"W-h-a-t?"

Both of them have surprised looks on their faces.

Dani starts, "I…I…always knew Mom was open but I didn't know she's bisexual."

"Now, now, she didn't say she is actively bisexual. She told me a story of a young woman she fell deeply in love with during her college years, but that intensity of love was not returned. After a year the woman left, leaving your mom's heart very broken. It was then she met your dad, and so on and so forth."

Dani rubs her face for a moment. "I…didn't know that story. That explains so much."

"Like what?" Jesse asks curiously.

"Like why she was so upset when I told her I loved you. And why my parents weren't too happy for me when I first told them of you. I guess in some way, she is still living with a broken heart."

"She told me that she once believed same sex couples couldn't have long term relationships, but that recently she's changed her mind, especially since she saw me."

"How do you mean?"

"She said when she looked into my eyes, she could clearly see how much love I have for you."

"She's right. It is evident in your eyes. Whenever I see it, it makes my heart skip a beat."

Jesse hugs her tightly. "Let's get some sleep Inchworm. Tomorrow you can tell me about your nickname, unless you want me to ask your brothers."

Dani snickers into the shoulder she is perched on.

Morpheus claims them within minutes.

******

Nature is screaming at Jesse's bladder to get up. Blue eyes open feeling a dead weight on her lower abdomen. Looking around briefly, she recalls where they are. Half of Dani's body is on top of her. Hence the pressure on her bladder. She tries to untangle herself from the little blonde octopus.Octopus? Oh, yeah, she'd love being called that. The sarcastic thoughts continue as she heads into the bathroom. Returning to the room, she dons a pair of cotton drawstring shorts, sweatshirt and her Nike's. She whispers into a small ear. "I'm going for a run." She kisses the soft lips. "I'll see you at breakfast."

Dani groans her response and rolls over.

Jesse stretches in the front lawn while two Labs wrestle with each other a few feet away. She finishes up her jumping jacks when a voice calls out.

"Mornin Jesse. I see the early bird is out to play." Brenda stands in the front door way with her robe on holding a steaming mug of coffee.

She gives the older woman a lopsided grin. "Morning Brenda. I feel the need to loosen up from the cramped flight. Plus, I'll get to sightsee along the way."

"Why don't you take one of the dogs with you? God know Shiloh could use a good run seeing how he is getting a little chunky from all the snacks Michael throws his way." She takes a sip of the coffee. "If interested, the leashes are hanging on a nail by the backyard deck. Shiloh is very obedient and attentive."

"Thanks Brenda. It'll be fun to bring him along." She heads over to get the leash. From a distance she hears the older woman.

"Cujo, come boy. You need to help your master on the farm." The black Labrador runs up to the house and through the door.

"Well it looks like just you and me, Shiloh." She holds up the leash and the chocolate Lab barks. Familiar with the routine, he sits immediately awaiting the attachment of the leash. "Hmm, it seems you are a rather good boy." Getting onto the road, they take off at first in a slow jog then speed up.

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers