All Comments on 'Buyer's Remorse'

by chymera

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I hate to say this. But he did the right thing at the end.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucks12 months ago

You really didn't finish it.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingman12 months ago

Redemption sequel is wanted.

Baldy74Baldy7412 months ago

Hard to score when it feels unfinished.

CharetteCharette12 months ago

sorry , high and dry , not finished

jasonnhjasonnh12 months ago

Did not like him taking advantage of her at the party. If he was a "good person", as he seemed to be trying to be, it was an aberration of his character. His wife was not a bad person, she was simply living life as she had been taught and expected it to be, even if she was naive. The party sex was a unnecessary revenge moment. It was essentially rape.

As he suggested, the clues about her extreme religiousness were in plain sight and he ignored them. It's no problem if he wants a divorce, now that he fully understands the situation. Buyer's remorse was a good title. Sometimes a buyer can get out of a bad deal relatively unscathed, sometimes not. Hurting the other party is not usually a good option. Get as much back as you can and walk away.

GamblnluckGamblnluck12 months ago

Dick move on his part at the end. She was living as she'd been taught. Perhaps the epiphany of what good sex was would have brought about a change of attitude but he didn't try.

BriteaseBritease12 months ago

I’ve had trouble with religious girls in the past. Just a matter of re-educating them. With any luck you get to her before she gets you!

mainer42mainer4212 months ago

MC is a dick. Time and communication are not on his AGENDA

GutsandgloryGutsandglory12 months ago

Any chance for a part 2?

SwordWielderSwordWielder12 months ago

Difficult to judge, as it feels unfinished. The question is how much Riley will remember afterwards, and can she learn to have pleasure with her husband. This story deserves a continuation and it could go either way - Riley learns to enjoy sex and wants it and they have a happy life (she also finds a new priest/minister and limits contact with her parents) or they divorce and Riley has sexual issues for years.

BigfundrewBigfundrew12 months ago

The ending was abrupt and disappointing

Wavedave45Wavedave4512 months ago

He picked the wrong religion. What you want is a Catholic chick. Those are the religious chicks that want dick.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story that consumed my interest. It needs a followup story to see where they end up. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So... half a story?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Bad form leaving her naked on a bed in a frat house. He is responsible for her well being as her husband and as she was under the influence of alcohol. He also bailed out too early since he finally got to show his wife what she had been missing. She was a pretty severe case of conservative church legalism. And legalism is the big problem. Jesus suffered from the legalism of the Pharisees and tried to make his followers see that legalism applied without logic and love was counterproductive. Sex is too often weaponized in marriages and misinterpreted as being sinful. Sex between a husband and wife is a blessing to them. The sinful aspect comes into play when the couple goes outside of their marriage. Yeah, LW fans don't want to hear that. But consider all of the enormity of the stories just in LW and all of the problems people experienced in them. The majority of those problems were because one or both spouses stepped outside the marriage. Of all the divorced couples I know, infidelity was involved.

But back to you church girls for a minute. Sex based on Christian teachings and morality does NOT have to be restrictive and spartan. All scripture is good for teaching and edification, and our Hebrew brethren have an excellent book in the old testament entitled 'Song of Solomon'. It is racy stuff for the conservative minded Jews of the day. And I don't recall our Jewish Jesus ever teaching his followers that sex was only for procreation. Play with your husband, be free with your expressions of love for each other. Revel in the opportunity of your youth to give each other the gifts of pleasure and gratification. These memories come back when summer has gone and the fall of life begins, they are the causes of the little smiles seen on the faces of gray haired couples in winter.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Stupid ending!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle12 months ago

He did her a favor, because she was so drunk she couldn’t consent.

That makes him a rapist.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A bit brutal at the end there but understandable as there's only room for two in a marriage and when you have God as a rival for your wife you're on a loser so it's best to cut your losses and move on.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It ended with him raping his wife! How nice!

Jlyn1Jlyn112 months ago

I hated the ending. He left her exposed in the bedroom at a frat house. Potential there for a gangbang. WTF!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I have heard about the precedents of marital rape. But I wonder if a wife can complain to the authorities about sexual harassment by her husband? Has this ever happened in the judicial and law enforcement system?

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy5912 months ago

Totally appropriate. Poor foolish man fell into whackadoole fundamentalist gone bad. He corrected his error. Divorce not needed. Annulment appropriate.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I don't follow your ending:

He battled with her to get her to open up, and then when he got her to open up, he walks away...

I may be slow in my old age, but I don't get it at all.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

All right, you had to have known this was coming...

Not finished.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

We get it, you don't like religion. But your straw man story attack is beyond shallow, superficial and condescending. Give it a rest.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Might've been a 4 if the story was tighter... & finished! Nothing with what happened after- how she felt, what she did- or he. 3 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Ya know, if you haven't figured out the end, you shouldn't submit until you do. It was barely worth a 2.

vanyevanye12 months ago

So he pleasures his wife while she's drunk, she orgasms, then instead of finding out if that changes her views, he leaves? Eh.

KiwihunterKiwihunter12 months ago

Stay away from the nut bars that still have imaginary friends. They are certainly not the full quid.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A really dislikable protagonist and so this story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So great sex and he leaves? I agree with the comments that you need to finish the story. In CH. 2 will she see the awakening as conflicted or a real awakening? A cogent thought to living a life as she was taught. “Women in many Middle Eastern Countries”…

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This a winner.....for the most bigoted and historically and theologically illiterate story I've read here.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well done until the very end when the story ended too quickly. I think the confrontation with her, her parents and her reverend would have been interesting reading.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion12 months ago

I gave it 4-stars, but if you don't have a part 2, then change that to 1-star.

sdc97230sdc9723012 months ago
Religious zealotry is just another form of addiction

If Riley doesn't come to the realization that she wants to give hers up, he'll never be able to change her and his best path is the one he chose - out the door.

maxx308maxx30812 months ago

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It's your story be it fiction or fantasy and you can end it any way you want. I see no reason for you adding another chapter just to satisfy the others who dislike your ending and are asking what if and all the other gibberish. Well done!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree12 months ago

Well ...

Morally this story just stinks.

A horny virgin can fall for a repeated seduction

by a married woman.

I was young once.

I remember how important sex is to an young male.

I don't blame the guy for that.

I blame him for getting in a relationship

with a fanatic religious nut.

And I blame him for getting her drunk

and raping her.

No real man does that.

That means the morals in this story suck.

2 out of 5 from me.

WhyjustwhyWhyjustwhy12 months ago

This dude was just a straight up dick. How does he not know what he's getting into? He knew her from school. And yet decides to marry her, not happy, and then just leaves her at a party?? He doesn't deserve happiness. She's not his cut o tea okay, then annul and move on. Different strokes for different folks but how he handled it in the end was just nothing short of pathetic. She never changed who she was, so why was he surprised? And all because she wasn't a sex crazed chick, got it. Not the authors best.

phill1cphill1c12 months ago

How could you not like the ending? He figured out a way to chase his happiness. Moreover, people are allowed to move on from an unsatisfying relationship. That's the BEST thing to do, for both of them. He's not a nut job and she needs one.

njlaurennjlauren12 months ago

MC in the end is a dick, he gets the wife drunk, knowing she can't handle it since she has never drank, basically rapes her since she really can't consent, and then leaves her drunk and unconscious at a frat party? Good god he is an animal.

And yes there are koo Christians like this. Technically if you are Catholic you aren't supposed to have oral sex or via fingers, and officially sex ultimately is about procreation to them, despite all their claims to the contrary ( thankfully most Catholics ignore this,).

He should have either left her after the supposed counseling or after this,seen if she came around after experiencing pleasure, if she gave him that as evil, walk away then.

One orher point, he could have given her an ultimatum, go to a therapist with him or he will leave her, esp after the religious counseling.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

Marry in haste, repent in leisure!

5

GerMagGerMag12 months ago

Sorry not to my liking. And yes phill1c, if you are unhappy in you relation fix it or move on, but the ending however is just abuse and rape! 2*

hindsight2020hindsight202012 months ago

He finally gets her engine running and leaves?

This story is idiotic.

itsayouitsayou12 months ago

He is a piece of crap with only selfish feelings for himself. If he bases he relationship on sex alone he will find himself a very unhappy man. Especially if when his mate hits menopause and cries because it hurts. Truly a man with no real feelings destined to be truly lonely late in his life

Rocky62Rocky6212 months ago

Right from my priest: sex is for procreation and the enjoyment of the couple. Why else would y’all have all those pleasure nerves down there? God messing with us? Dont be dumb

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6312 months ago

After all that and he leaves. What if she decides she likes and wants sex? Needs more at the finish.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What an asshole! That's still your wife and you leave her with a bunch of frat rats drunk and naked? He didn't have the balls to give her an ultimatum and just slinked along, then gets her drunk and does the most douchebag thing a person can do. Divorce her, get an annulment, but grow a pair, pussy!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x12 months ago

I thought the great sex, even if fueled by alcohol, would bring her around.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I felt that the ending was far too abrupt. Perhaps that one time sex had been enough to convert her. Perhaps she would need a few more nights of drunken stupor to understand that it was not only okay to enjoy sex but was actually the correct thing to do. Perhaps he made the right decision, perhaps not. Perhaps he threw away a treasure thinking it was fools gold. A more complete ending of any sort was needed.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A poorly written story about an idiot who makes the wrong choice at every turn because he's an idiot. Then, you cut the story off just like you did his sex life when he met his future wife...

He either needed to see if experiencing good sex changed her OR divorce her. Doing both just makes him an asshole. Getting her drunk to have a form of sex she refused to consent to also makes him a rapist.

So, a failure in so many ways. Better luck with your next attempt at writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

OK, great. Wanda taught him all the right moves to sexually please a woman . I for one would have liked to see Bill teach him that doing that with a married woman carries risks, such as getting the shit beat out of him and then finding his shit passed on by the side of Bill's house after he got out of the hospital, weeks later.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

That's it? You must be joking. It was getting interesting, but since it was cut short, I give it 2/5.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

What happened? Did the author’s wife call him to dinner? The story was getting set up and then it was over

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I hope someone writes the sequel where he finds a woman who is a sex goddess, and has A LOT of disciples. After he takes a number and is waiting in line to fuck his new wife with the magic insatiable pussy, maybe he'll reconsider all the possible problems in a marriage, and realize some things are more important than others. He finally got a chance to expose and teach his first wife about the joys of sex, and then he leaves her? Yeah, now that the first wife understands what sex can be, she'll start looking for a new husband who will learn and grow with her.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So the main character is a rapist, I didn't see that coming.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This, OP, is one of those stories that you write, and in retrospect, are glad it never saw the light of day. Better left on the hard drive, this one. The biggest problem is that the worthwhile parts were woefully too short - all uninteresting exposition - and the ugly parts were over-written but without any surrounding context.

.

It's like a disease on this site. Some writers ruin a good story by killing the reader with "death by minutiae." You know, the good plotline interrupted by a fifty-page backstory, after which you've lost interest. The plodding 50K word slow-boat to China story. Then, there are those who have a good story, but it's fed to the reader in generalities, devoid of detail or character development. No middle ground exists.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

MC is a fool. He believes everything he was told about Puritans and sex, instead of researching it for himself. He misses the opportunity to argue with the minister on his own ground (ever read the Song of Solomon?). Then having passed up numerous opportunities to help her learn, he gives up love for sex. Fool: sex is easy to find; love is not. If he divorces her, he will regret it, no matter how good the sex is.

26thNC26thNC12 months ago

Nowhere near your best work. He cheats with a married woman, rapes his drunken wife, and leaves. A morally ambiguous man in a story that left a lot unsaid.

FantasyTrainFantasyTrain12 months ago

Not bad!

Now that she has had an "benightment" she can deal with it by herself.

Or maybe mommy can pray for the poor daughter to revert back to being a near zero.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This was tough. There seemed to be a message in there, although rough to fetter it out. Then there was the believability. Strictly religious people like that, and there are plenty, probably about 20% of the population, just like liberal progressives, marry within the church for exactly the reason eluded to here. Our MC would have had to have undertaken marriage classes as a prerequisite so he could be ‘converted’ before the wedding. I get it’s fiction, but we still have to be able to suspend belief, which doesn’t work here.

If she fell for a guy at school, who had all those women, the parents would have dragged it out of him and then forbade their daughter to marry.

But the real challenge here, morally speaking, is our MCs (probably aligned with the author’s) views on life in an anti-moral society.

First, he’s banging a married woman right under the hubby’s nose. And she came on to him. That’s a big red flag for our MC, and something he should have learned from, before considering marriage himself.

Second, he’s having random sex, and then he just stops for a year because he fell in love? Nope.

The ending, which as others have alluded to is marital rape, leaves our MC as a despicable man, and one who every other real man keeps their wife away from at a neighborhood BBQ. Morally bankrupt, would fit best. I hate the overused term ‘narcissist’ but it perfectly applies here, in its raw definition.

The funny thing about morality is how it can be applied by the Ten Commandments, regardless of one’s religious beliefs, or lack thereof. It defines a path to being a good friend, a good neighbor, a good spouse, and a good person. Those ten are a literal roadmap for how people should act and behave.

This MC - un-huh. Would never be on a boat with him. Never have a drink with him, or even acknowledge his presence in a crowded room.

2stars for incomplete work, and a totally unbelievable story. It was pretty well written, until the end.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Ending sucked, he could have waited to see how she felt about it the next day. Would you leave your wife naked and drunk at a frat party?

rustynail95rustynail9512 months ago

Well, a good story but the ending was abrupt and dangerous. You shouldn’t leave someone you supposed love in harm’s way. They definitely should have separated but in a gentler fashion. This is fiction. Chymera is an excellent writer and has a ribald sense of humor. For all those self righteous religious nuts who are commenting hear, one question, why are you here? Go back to the Bible. There’s plenty of sex there. You just need to look for it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

If they were that religious then just bring up the Ole obey the husband.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat12 months ago

We’ve all made mistaken life choice. I liked the way he prioritized separating from the “crazy” … 4*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good story until the last two sentences. No matter how much you disliked your wife leaving her unprotected naked in a bed is unthinkable. You really fucked up this story author. Why didn't he wait until the next few days and see if she actually liked sex, since she off. 2*

LNRAstroLNRAstro12 months ago

I’m having some serious Reader’s Remorse! I usually like this writers work, and this tale was well written till the end. Then we find out that the protagonist is a scumbag of the highest order. First he commits what could be considered spousal rape and then he leaves his drunken comatose naked wife as a plaything at a frat party. How did this scumbag not show signs of being this evil before? He’s worse than the religious cult his wife belongs to.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

LNRastro has said everything that's necessary

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Too many cliches.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not a bad story until the ending. He goes from "how could I love someone so fully" to abandoning her just when they seem to have turned a corner. Ok, perhaps he's more shallow than described, but some dialogue with her before he left might have made a better story.

skruff101skruff10111 months ago

The story’s ok but the comments are hilarious, it’s like these idiots actually think the characters exist and the author is describing real events. Which is quite sad when you consider how low someone’s IQ has to be for that to happen.

If the guy has to defrost the fridge by getting wifey pissed every time she’s gonna end up an alcoholic within a year lol. Just sayin.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wasn’t too bad of a story, until the end. wtf really? Went from 4 to 2 stars. I usually like your stories this on not some much.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

I'll rate it once it's finished...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This is a sad parody. The ones who have religious pictures on the walls don't have Reverends and aren't Puritans. That's Catholics. Puritans don't have religious icons like pictures, in fact that's frowned upon. There is also no restriction on sex between a husband and wife. Again, sex only for procreation is a Catholic thought.

fritz51fritz5111 months ago

I was with this guy up understanding that he felt betrayed - promised the goods to be delivered AFTER they were married. That didn't happen and looked like it would never happen, so I get a decision to divorce her and move on. My support however, stopped when he left her at the party. Leaving her drunk for the first time, naked, with a house full of frat guys, is unforgiveable. It was a dick move and the reason is irrelevant.

Sorry, but you lost a star for that. We’ll see what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Skruff101 has the intellect of a traffic cone and has no business calling other people idiots. I don't get why smug twats like him visit this site if they don't engage on any level with what they're reading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous