By choice or by force Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His intense regard for her had her feeling more than a little hot under the colour at times as well, and it was with a secret sense of relief that Nurse Sheila at one point, chased him off to get Laurie a glass of water.

"It's all very well having an adoring carer, but they can sometimes get in the way," she grumbled as she checked Laurie's pulse.

Laurie bit back the giggle she felt bubbling up and minutes later, Michael returned with the glass of water and promptly took up his station beside her once more.

Dr Phillips and Dr Grey walked in later that afternoon.

"How are things going here?" Dr Phillips asked.

"I injected the combined DNA into Laurie at two thirty," Sheila told them quietly, as she studied her chart.

"So just over an hour ago then... so time now for part three of this trial, we'll take a thumb prick to start with so that we can check the blood is in the right stage for adding to the saline infusion..."

He took a small sample of her blood and took it over to the microscope in the corner.

"Yes, I think the blood is as good as we are going to get it, and Mr Richard's health is not getting any better." he looked at his two colleagues. "Do you both agree that we should proceed?"

Sheila and Dr Grey, both nodded.

Dr Phillips looked at Michael. "Do you agree to let us proceed with this course of action?"

Michael nodded his assent.

"And Laurie do you agree to let us take a safe quantity of your blood, with the intention of treating Mr Richards with it?"

"Yes, I do," she nodded her head.

"Good. Now we will take the full pint, I think; but store the quantity and use one mil to start with."

"If we take the full pint, then Laurie won't be able to donate any more, not for several weeks." Sheila pointed out.

"Yes, but the sample that I tested showed her blood to be at the maximum point for antibodies with Mr Richards DNA markers on them. I do not think we will get a better batch from her and the poor girl has been through enough, I think."

"So that will be it?" Laurie whispered. "I expected this to go on for days."

Sheila smiled at her and patted her arm. "We thought that it might take several days of constant testing and boosting before we could get the best match; but it seems that you and Mr Richards are more in tune than we all thought."

"Now, Laurie, if you could stay on the diet and regime that I set out for you for... the next couple of days, it will give your system a boost after giving the blood and well -- just in case." she left the last bit hanging as she fastened the pouch securely.

Laurie nodded her head in understanding as she sat sipping the green tea that Sheila handed her after taking the blood.

"You just sit and drink that before you even think about moving, but once it's all gone you are free to go, I will take the butterfly needle out of your arm once we know for sure that it's no longer needed, and Michael," she looked up at him. "You just take good care of this young lady," she instructed sternly before taking the pouch of her blood with her through to the next room.

"Well I guess that's my bit done," Laurie said draining the last of the tea, and then standing up for the first time in what seemed like hours.

"Yes," Michael said solemnly. "And all I can say Laurie, is thank you again -- thank you so much for what you have done."

She smiled and squeezed his hand. "I did not do much and I would it again tomorrow for any of you."

He leaned down and kissed her cheek. "The offer is well received, but no, I will not ever put you through this again. I have to draw the line, Laurie. If I don't then you are in danger of becoming an open target, for every shifter in need of a cure."

She gave a little shiver as the mental image of being hooked up to a drip for the remainder of her life flashed through her mind.

No, she most definitely would not want that!"


12