By choice or by force Ch. 12

Story Info
A bonding must occur! Conclusion - of sorts.
4.3k words
4.71
4.1k
3

Part 12 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/30/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,030 Followers

Chapter Twelve

The two of them strolled back to the house hand in hand and talking happily together -- as they made a few tentative plans; totally unaware that they were watched from the bedroom window by Aunt Trudy.

"Michael is with the girl again?" Jonathon asked from his sick bed.

"Yes... they have become very close -- much like James and Iris." she smiled a little smile, as she thought of the other couple. "I think that things happened too fast between the two of them in the beginning though, and so this timeout together is good for them; it gives them the chance to slow things down and take stock, and to simply enjoy the innocent time of just being with each other." Trudy continued to watch the couple and did not bother to turn around.

"Yes, I can see how that would be. I remember how strong the emotions were when we were all that young, how I felt when I first bonded with my late wife, how my brother felt once too -- even if it was only briefly."

Trudy shrugged but did not reply.

"I think perhaps it is time to remind Mathew of his past."

She glanced over her shoulder at him.

"For what purpose? He forgot those things for a reason -- I think."

"An injury -- not deliberate."

"He remembered everything else -- everyone else. It was just me and us that he forgot -- let it stay forgotten... those memories will only bring him pain -- let them lie."

Jonathon sighed sadly. "A man cannot hide from his past forever -- not even my brother, and it hurts him now I know, he is aware that something is missing -- or broken, and it bothers him." He pushed himself up against his pillows and then sat back feeling the fatigue of such a little action, allowing the document that he was holding to slip from his grasp. "It's time to jog his memories, I think."

"How do you even know that those memories are still there... perhaps they were wiped rather than buried... I say again let things be."

*

It was a couple of days later, and as had become the usual, straight after breakfast everyone seemed to just disappear, to their own room or out into the grounds or just away from everyone else.

Michael and Laurie were seated in one of the downstairs rooms when Paul his father's assistant came in.

"Mr Richards -- your father would like to see you if you can spare him the time."

"Yes of course, I shall go straight up." Michael stood up and smiled down at Laurie. "I should not be long -- will you wait here for me, please?"

"Yes of course," Laurie curled a leg under her and picked up the book that she had started to read.

Michael spared her one last loving look, she looked so delightful and serene sitting there like that.

He strode quickly up to his father's room -- eager to return to Laurie.

His father was sitting up in bed and looked alert and healthier than he had looked for a while now.

"You wanted to see me father? How are you feeling?" Michael sat down in the chair beside his father's bed.

"Thank you for coming, for sparing me the time..."

"Don't be foolish father," Michael begged. "I will always come running if you have need of me!"

"Even if I continue to forbid your relationship with the Beaumont girl?"

Michael's jaw clenched, and his eyes hardened. "You will always be my father -- but my feelings for and about Laurie have not changed."

"No, I don't imagine that they have," Jonathon sighed tiredly.

"Do you plan to continue to forbid it?" Michael asked when the silence dragged out.

"I have no wish to alienate my only son, I have nothing against the girl who effectively saved my life, but..."

"But what? There should be nothing else to stop you giving us your blessing. I love her and she loves me and that should be all that is important!"

"The council?"

"You have been the head of the council for more than a decade now, and they have always followed your lead. What you say has always been the way of things -- so what has changed that I don't know about?"

"I am vulnerable."

"You think the council would try to take advantage of your illness? Why would they do that? I always thought that apathy was their motto, 'let others do the work -- take the responsibility'."

"They are ever alert to an opportunity and they fear our family's growing strength."

"Your illness... my pledging to Laurie, neither of these events make us weaker. Your support of our union, if anything it will make us stronger."

"It may be as you say..." his father suddenly looked tired and frail, as he leaned back and closed his eyes, and for a moment Michael feared that he might be relapsing.

But he suddenly sat up again and as he opened his eyes, he was all alertness and restrained strength again.

"Go and fetch your woman, Michael. I wish to meet and talk to her properly."

"Her name is Laurie; father and I would appreciate it very much if you would talk to her with respect."

Jonathon grinned suddenly at his son. "My apologies, I shall as you say be respectful and courteous towards my future daughter in law -- she is after all the daughter of an old and valued friend as well."

Michael's eyes lit up. "Then you will give your blessing? You won't put up any more obstacles?"

Jonathon sighed. "No, Michael I thought to protect you from yourself, I thought if I could get her bonded to another then your pride -- if nothing else, would stop you from pursuing her. I was foolish and judgemental, and I had no right to forbid the two of you -- I am sorry that I tried to interfere."

"Thank you, father; that means a lot to me -- to us."

Despite Michael's reassurances, Laurie was decidedly nervous when she entered the room where his father was still resting.

"Good morning, Miss Beaumont, please come and sit down." Jonathon's voice was calm and soothing but showed no weakness, and the man sitting up in the bed looked strong and almost healthy.

But Laurie had seen him when channelling his inner power and she saw the effects of his illness.

"Thank you, Mr Richards... how are you feeling now, are the doctors happy with your convalescence?"

"Yes, my dear, they are very optimistic that I shall make a full recovery -- given time, and please call me Jon."

He looked beyond her to his son who still hovered in the doorway.

"Do me a favour, Michael and go and track down your uncle for me."

Michael hesitated but at a quick smile from Laurie he quietly left the room.

"I have already apologised to my son," he began, fixing his eyes once more on Laurie. "And now I wish to apologise to you my dear, for my highhanded attitude towards you, and to give you my most sincere and humblest thank you -- for my life."

Laurie blushed awkwardly. "I did nothing really; it was the doctors and the nurses..."

"Yes, I shall be sure and see that they are all well rewarded for their foresight and dedication -- especially that Dr Phillips he may well have saved our entire race... if this illness had remained unchecked and managed to get out amongst us..."

"He is a very clever and kind man, and his nurse -- Sheila was wonderful to me," Laurie nodded earnestly.

"They are all very good at what they do," he agreed. "But you; is there anything that I can do for you -- to show my appreciation?"

Laurie hesitated, but then she shook her head, and smiled. "There is nothing that I want... Jon, thank you for the thought, but I would do it again tomorrow for any member of my family."

He patted her hand and smiled a little whimsically. "Thank you my dear that is such a delightful sentiment."

As far as it went it was a rather awkward and stilted conversation, but as they continued to talk Laurie found herself relaxing a little around him; that he was making an effort with her spoke volumes, and she responded in kind to his tentative gestures of peace.

"I have one more thing to ask of you now," Jonathon suddenly said as their conversation drifted to a close.

"Oh? What is that?"

"I ask that you take care of my son and be very sure of your feelings. Only bond with him if you truly mean it -- do not condemn the two of you to a stale relationship."

"I love him," She told him simply. "He is my heart and soul, and I cannot -- will not imagine my life without him in it."

"And I feel the same way too!" Michael said huskily from the doorway.

"Good, good, good," Jonathon muttered as he pulled the cover up a little and straightened it.

He looked at Laurie and then at Michael and smiled awkwardly. "Go and make your plans and know that when the time comes to announce your intentions, that you will do it with my full backing and support."

Laurie gripped his hand for a moment. "Thank you so much," she whispered tearfully. "I don't think Michael could have lived without you as part of his life."

That she took it for granted that Michael would have chosen her over his father and position, was the final piece that the older man needed, to be certain that this was the right way to go.

Laurie and Michael belonged together and that was all there was to it.

"And me neither." he smiled at her.

He watched as the young couple met in his doorway and then left the room, together, and gave a soft sigh -- ah to be young and in love again, it was what made the world brighter -- even through a second hand emotion -- of someone else's affair.

Mathew came strolling in moments later and along with him came Greg Beaumont.

"Ah Mathew, I have need of your services my brother. I need you to be my spokesperson for a few days..."

"I've already been doing that." Mathew grinned tiredly -- showing the toll it had taken to get past Jonathon's authority.

"Yes, but I mean for you to do it with my authorisation, I need for you to contact the council elders -- have them send a representative so that we can make this official."

"No!" Mathew shook his head vehemently. "They have only ever abided by you because of your superior strength. If they learn of your vulnerability -- of the extent of your weakness, then I believe that it will embolden them to act, and it won't be to our benefit."

Jonathon sat back against his pillows and sighed wearily. "I am so god damned tired Matt... I don't feel that I will ever be strong enough to dominate that lot again."

"Patience my brother," Mathew smiled in reassurance. "Rest for a few more days and then begin slowly... I will keep the council at bay, and Paul can cancel your appointments for the next couple of weeks."

"The council will smell a rat if we do that!"

Mathew smirked suddenly. "I hear that your son is about to become betrothed, you should go down to the bride's father's estate, and ensure that the two families can merge amicably. Visit with your old and very good friend Greg... take a holiday -- a nice long summer holiday."

"Oh yes," Greg had sat silent while the brothers talked but now, he smiled and sat forward a little bit. "You would be more than welcome at my home -- for as long as you might want."

"Well it would be good to catch up, and to spend some time together when catastrophe or illness, aren't imminently putting a damper on things."

"So that's settled then?" Mathew grinned. "We'll get the doctors to okay it first, and perhaps they would enjoy a little time out too?"

Greg sighed. "Well I suppose my house is big enough to accommodate a couple more people... but I do hope they are able to entertain themselves!"

Jonathon looked across at his old friend. "It would be good if you can accommodate them -- we have much to discuss still -- about this virus, and what it might mean for our kind."

"Good we can arrange all that with little fuss then... So, then all that leaves," Mathew grinned again. "Is for you to release the rest of your houseguests."

"Oh yes I had forgotten about that. How many of them are still here?"

"The Frawnings pack are still hanging about trying to be invisible and stay out of the way; and I am certain that they know little about your illness, although keeping them totally ignorant would have been impossible."

"Yes, and I did promise him my assistance, so that should keep him onside," Jonathon murmured. "I see that pack descending into something unfortunate if we don't step in." He looked across at Greg. "How friendly are you and Bill Frawnings?"

Greg shrugged his shoulders. "We have always been at least civil towards each other -- if not warm and friendly... I do not bear him any ill will and I hope he does not either."

"That's good enough then... we can invite him over for a couple of evening meals and a few drinks on the patio or whatever outside space you have, and I can get to know him better."

"I can arrange that," Greg nodded. "But to what ends?"

"I have a sort of idea, but I need to approach it -- and Bill properly, make him and his family more amenable to the idea."

"Ok then," Mathew said rubbing his hands slightly as his thought process kicked in. "Paul and I can arrange the closure of this estate, and we will send out a notification than any would be petitioners should do so in writing to the elder council -- directly."

"Yes, that should delay things for a bit." Jonathon nodded. "So, who else is held here?"

"Just Greg's family... the sister -- the daughters and partner."

"Ok then," Jonathon sat up a little straighter. "Tell Michael that he and the sisters and the other fellow can all leave as and when they wish to -- ensure that they have access to vehicles or whatever else they might need, but send them on their way with my blessing and thanks."

"... and the sister?"

"Ah Ms Rowena Beaumont."

"I could do with going home ahead of you," Greg cut in. "To make sure we are ready to receive you properly."

"Oh, please, no fuss nor ceremony." Jonathon protested.

"No, no nothing like that I promise... just an old friend and a couple of acquaintances, but my household still needs some time to prepare for it."

"Ok then you are free to go too, and I will call you tomorrow or the day after to let you know when you can expect us."

"Good, that will work. I will need my sister to drive me home though. My car is here but the drive is a long one and I tire easily myself still."

"So, Michael is to release Greg and his family immediately. And you Mathew will talk to Bill Frawnings. Tell him I am going to spend some time in his area and will have my host invite him over so that we can talk at our leisure... and then you can send them home too."

**

A Car was provided for James and Iris, and Michael had a car on the estate already which was set aside for his needs.

James and Iris had left almost as soon as they were able to, but Michael had remained a little longer to talk again with his father.

But later that morning Laurie found herself sitting beside Michael as he headed away from his father's estate.

They talked on and off for a while, but the silences in between slowly began to lengthen.

The roads were quiet, and they made good time, but at the junction where they should have gone left towards London, Michael continued on.

"I think you missed our turn off?" she questioned softly.

Michael shot her a quick sidelong smile.

"I do not think we are in any great rush to get back to London, so thought that we could take a little side trip."

"Oh?"

"I have a small country estate, with a nice deep woodland attached to it. I thought that I would show it to you."

"Oh."

"I employ a couple of people to maintain it for me during my absence, and I called before we left to ensure that there are some foods and supplies left for us, and told them to take a few days off."

"Oh."

He cast her another quick sidelong glance, and then prepared to turn off at the upcoming junction.

"I thought that we could make a start on your little problem."

"Oh?" she was beginning to feel like a stuck record, but for the life of her she just couldn't think of anything to add.

"Yes, you asked me to help you to shift without the full moon or the pain, and I thought we could make a start on that."

"Oh!"

He chuckled softly and rested a quick comforting hand on her thigh.

"I promise I won't force anything; we will just do a few simple exercises to start with, exercises that I used to do and see where it takes us."

"Why did you need to do these exercises?" she asked curiously.

"My mother died at a very vulnerable age for me, and I went through a brief time of anger, and attitude... that's something that can be dangerous for a shifter -- especially one who is not confined by the restrictions of the moon. My father arranged for a mentor to come and help me with my grief, and this man -- Martin, taught me these exercises." He laughed lightly. "At first, I thought that they were a load of rubbish, but as time went on, I found that they really did focus my energies."

He slowed the car slightly as he turned onto a narrow country road.

"I still use them now -- if I find things are getting stressful or I have something on my mind."

"It's a beginning I suppose," Laurie murmured uncertainly.

"I do have another motive for taking you to my private hideaway though."

"Oh?"

"I plan to seduce you my lovely -- and I want to make damn sure that no one interrupts us when I do!"

"Oh!" this time it was not uncertain, this time her little squeak was pure nervous excitement.

The drive did not last much longer before he turned onto a narrow short side road, that lead up to a small driveway, big enough for perhaps two cars.

Michael stopped the car and after walking round to her side he helped Laurie out.

He took a small bunch of keys out of his pocket as he led her to the front door.

"There is an alarm just near the front door, so we'll have to hustle once I unlock it."

As soon as they crossed the threshold Laurie heard the small insistent beeping and Michael quickly opened the panel and keyed in the code to deactivate the alarm.

The hallway was more of a short corridor which ended with several doors.

"That's the stairs to the first floor," he told her touching the first door. "That's my study, this one is the living room and this one here is the kitchen." he tapped each door as they passed, before leading her straight down to the kitchen.

"Ah, Milly set the coffee pot brewing," he sighed with satisfaction as Laurie inhaled the fragrant aroma appreciatively.

On the kitchen table was a couple of covered plates of what looked like sandwiches and perhaps some cakes.

"And some lunch too by the looks of it," Laurie grinned. "Gosh you have good people working for you!"

They sat across from each other enjoying the lunch and coffee, and then the two of them washed dried and put everything away.

"I'll give you a mini tour if you like?" he offered with a light smile although his eyes were saying something else entirely.

He opened the first door that led to the living room which had large double patio doors at the end which in its turn led out to a tiled patio.

He walked down and opened the doors, and the smells of the outside filtered in.

Laurie sat down on the edge of the sofa and looked up at him.

"I think I have seen enough for now," she murmured. "I find it very pleasant just sitting here."

Michael came and sat beside her and she turned towards him with a little inviting smile.

With a husky groan he wrapped his arms around her, and their lips met in long lingering kiss, until Michael ended it as he pulled back, and Laurie pouted at him.

"You promised that you were going seduce me?" she asked huskily.

"I had thought of taking things up to the bedroom though?"

She laughed lightly as she leaned in for more of his kisses. "Why wait?"

As her tongue dipped into his mouth provocatively, Michael decided he did not need any more convincing.

He pulled her up onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her as he took control of the kiss and her.

Things heated up quickly and clothing disappeared even quicker.

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,030 Followers
12