All Comments on 'By the Time I Got to Woodstock'

by furryfan

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Brings back memories

It was a fun trip back in the time capsule to a time that I remember, although not as well as I would like. As they say, if you really remember those days you weren't there. Loved the road trip and the deflowering of the kid who became a man. Grace was an easy gal to fall in love with.

It was a fun ride and I thank you for it.

librarian_jimlibrarian_jimover 11 years ago
Did you notice they have a Bethel in VT, too?

Your story felt authentic, which is doing pretty well considering I did a LOT of hitchhiking from exit 24 on the NY State Thruway. (I went to school in Troy

66-70). Exit 24 worked best in those days, even if you were going south or east, because you picked up the Northway traffic... Kind of wussing out to take the bus from Rutland, though; it usually wasn't that hard to get a ride down 91 to Brattleboro, and then across VT 9 to Bennington and then NY 7 to the caplitol district. I know because I dated a Skidmore girl who came from Claremont, N.H. for a while.

I especially liked your ending; there was a guy who gave us (me and the then girl I'm now long married to) a ride from Cow Head, Newfoundland, into Deer Lake one night, along with a bit of cash. Almost 40 years later I still think of him sometimes when I stop to help sombody out.

William smythWilliam smythover 11 years ago
A Lovely Story

I'd like to say it brought back memories but my youth and first sexual experiences, while pleasant enough, were never as fantastic as this.

Great 5 star story.

thebuffalothebuffaloover 11 years ago

What a well done tale! Enjoyed it from the first word to the last one and all the words in between. Definitely 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Just a year older....

While I grew up in the Midwest, think cows, your story resonated for me. How the attitudes of the world have changed.....

Great story and really good character development. If Roger and Grace didn't exist you brought them to life and made them real. Isn't that what the craft is all about anyway?

yowseryowserover 7 years ago
Superb

Lovely tale, backwoods New England captured perfectly in those long ago days, when you could bed someone and not feel sandpapery armpits, when lush fur lined crotches, and people were kind and simple hedonists and real things mattered.

eurowritereurowriterover 7 years ago
That's the way it should be.

A young man is befriended by two free spirits who change his life forever. It sounds like it is based on actual events. Grace's death was a real downer but perhaps a lesson in appreciating all the more her wonderful life and spirit.

malejktmalejktabout 3 years ago

Sounds like making out with Roger would be a nice experience.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous