All Comments on 'By Your Side Ch. 09'

by VNnight

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
hisangelbeautyhisangelbeautyover 13 years ago
great story

I love this story, it is way too short but still a nice read

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I do not like it

Tyler is stupid and selfish cow. He knows what is going to happen, but still does what relatives making him do. Seems like his relative's wishes are more important for him, then Jake's suffering! Jake WILL BE suffering, once he found out Ty's real reason for going to Seattle. Ty is selfish, bacause he does not think about Jake's reaction. Looks like Ty subconsciously (or consciously?) punishing himself for being gay? Cannot believe that sadists relatieves are more important, then Jake (and Addie).

avidreader_01avidreader_01over 13 years ago
i disagree

with anon...he's not even 18 yet and his parents kicked him out...its pretty obvious he's not welcome there, so where can he go? he has no family where he is now and his sister's gone so...anyway great story so far, write faster :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
what is he doing?

Tyler's friend offered to let him stay with her and her mom so the argument that she doesn't have anywhere to go is moot. He's also been planning to move out in 3 months so why can't he move that date up? He doesn't have to go to Seattle if he doesn't want to. Tyler saying yes to Jake's proposal should have meant that he was going to fight for their relationship. Simply accepting whatever whim his pathetic parents have for him is simply not doing that. I mean, what the hell was the point of coming out if he wasn't going to stand up for himself and his relationship with Jake?

-tj

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I am also confused.....

Why is he going through with this? He could have easily left and gone to Viv's house. Her mom did extend him an open invitation. And with only a month or so left, I'm sure he would have been fine. Also, his parents couldn't have gone all the way to the gate with him without tickets, so why didn't he just not get on the plane? Why did he get in the car with his aunt and uncle? He could have stayed inside the terminal and called his sister instead. And he doesn't have to go to that camp. He isn't without options and to make him go along with it seems kind of incongruous with the way you've written his character. I understand not wanting to pull his sister into the mess, but really? When faced with the possibility of shock treatment? Really? If they would have forced him to go to Seattle, it would make more sense. They aren't forcing him to do anything. He's meekly going with it like a sheep. It's just weird. I suppose I will just hold out hope that the next chapter will redeem his character....

WickedWendyDruWickedWendyDruover 13 years ago
Hmmm

Here's my take. I've been enjoying this (to a point) but I feel like your plot (and your desire for where you want it to go) is ruling you, instead of you letting your characters take over and drive your story. The comments below are valuable. Tyler did have options. There was absolutely *no reason* for him to go to Seattle, for him to allow himself to be pushed into this. Obviously, it's part of the plot and it's important, so you weak-walled his character into it. That's just not a good idea, because as you can see from the resultant comments - your readers don't like it. They see it as a fault of Tyler's character. My advice (if I were editing this for you) would've been to brainstorm other options about actions, events, *external things* that could've pushed Tyler into losing his options. For example, if Viv's mother got charged with provided alcohol to minors in her home and Viv were removed, then Tyler wouldn't be able to go there anymore. What if Tyler and Jake had gotten into trouble at school because they'd gotten caught having sex on school grounds? Then there would've been pressure from the school for them to stay away from each other, and pressure for Tyler to go away (because Jake's mom would've backed him and his sexuality). Just some thoughts. You've got a lot going on in this and drama's a tough genre to keep fresh. Good luck!

lildeb5281lildeb5281over 13 years ago
UMMMM

I don't get it if he is almost 18 then why doesn't he just walk way its not like he can buy a ticket and just leave with Jake.... i think you need a lot of help with your stories. they are way to short and you take to long explaning things and the love stuff is way to short for this site.... sorry but this story in kinda boring and you could have just put all of your chapters in one story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I want more

I want the storie to keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

MORE..................................... PLEASE!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
A good story....great story and a lot of potential

What these people seem to forget is the world this guy lives in...fear. Fear of the abusive parents, fear of the whole 16,17,18 year old male, fear of losing again. This was a fantastic telling of a story from what will surely become a great writer. Yeah the grammar was a little off, and spelling could use some help. But I was too interested in the story to really take notice...and those are two of my pet peeves. Ignore the harsher critics on here. You keep writing from that great place...your heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

chp 10 plz nd ty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Oh No!!!

Hurry uP and make the next chapter pleaseeeeee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

This is an amazing story. I LOVE reading stories like this that are sweet and can keep you guessing about what is next. i honestly hope Jake and Tyler can be together. This is a really unique story. And your an amazing writer

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
no sense

the kid knows he is in danger. he has tons of people willing to protect him. what the fuck would he go along with it for. these people are nuts. his sister knows this but doesn't come get him?

shame you didn't finish and have the kid or someone he knows protect him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
more

I love this. Please have more to this soon.

mysealtheeclipsemysealtheeclipsealmost 11 years ago
Please finish this story

U leavin' us a hangin, that's bad...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
makes no sense

Why go if they can't make you. His decision is just stupid. It's been proven that torture will get people to lie just to make it stop, and can break your mind. He's an idiot. Plain and simple! Now escape, THAT would be smart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Finish the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
So sweet

Omigosh this is so damn sweet! I love how they have so much passion and love for each other that they stick up for what they believe in no matter what. Ohmigod this makes me hate stupid fucking parents! They're such fags! I'm going to come out to mine as soon as I turn 18 and can support myself. I'm leaving my ultra homophobic Christian family for good and moving out on my one. They're so judgmental, I'm not for Christian stuff at all, I can't even concentrate on the service, I think about gay sex. Too bad I'm 14 and have 4 more long years to endure. Thanks for the wonderful story, I will always support LGBT's, I love you guys! Always stand up for what u believe too be right and true, and never let anyone change that.

canndcanndover 8 years ago
another unfinished one....

gosh i hate it when this happens. I wish lit had a status that told us if it was complete or not and after a while put it on hold so you'd know not to bother reading till that changed. even if it just told you if it was completed then you'd be able to note if it was from years ago and incomplete that you'd not be getting an ending anytime soon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous