All Comments on 'C.A.R.P. Ch. 06'

by CorruptingPower

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Ravey19Ravey192 months ago

So gripping but moves forward so slowly. 5⛤

JAFCritic3JAFCritic32 months ago

My personal opinion is not to include politics in story telling. Non fiction is one thing, but for a site like this … well there’s more than a few people who hold strong views. You can see them mostly in the LW section however when one latches on to a story or author they tend to make themselves known. Good luck

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyne2 months ago

Five stars but be careful about disparaging any religion.

SorchakSorchak2 months ago

Just a couple of things: one, you can't accel at something, because accel is actually an abbreviation of accelerando, a word used in music to indicate a gradual increase in pace. However, you can EXCEL, which means to do better, surpass or be superior.

Second, the difference between worth less and worthless. If something is worth less, than it's cheaper than something else. If it's worthless, then it has no value at all, either money-wise or in terms of not being important or useful.

The2thdocThe2thdoc2 months ago

Not what I want to wake up to on a Monday morning. Found it very unenjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Okay, I had some trouble suspending my disbelief on this one. A computer system that breaks when you feed it garbage, that's like a standardized test. Reminds me of a joke: The developers had the QA tester test the bar. So the QA tester orders 1 beer, then he orders 5 beers, then he orders 999,999 beers, then her orders -1 beers, and finally he orders 'ehjfddfjh' beers. The bar handled all inputs gracefully, so the QA tester called it good and the bar was released to production. The first customer walks in and tries to use the bathroom, so the bar bursts into flames.

woodwardwoodward2 months ago

Very well done. Looking forward to more. 5!

Lathanar1Lathanar12 months ago

It's funny how on a site where most sexual taboos are fair game but bring up some political or philosophical subjects and someone will 1 star you.

LitCritLitCrit2 months ago

It's holding my interest so far - definitely reading like "The Harrad Experiment, The Extended Version," with some of Isaac Asimov's Foundation series thrown in. Playing God is so much fun! I'm wavering between 4 and 5 stars - I think I'll wait until the tale is complete to give ratings. Eagerly awaiting Ch. 7 - and wondering why our MC hasn't informed Dr. I of the FBI's interest in CARP.

Supersexaddict74Supersexaddict742 months ago

Love this story so far. Can't wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I really enjoy your works. This series is one of my favorites because you do add political ideology into it, which is nessesary when the point is the study of the human condition and cultural influence is a theme. You tend here to point out psychology and how that influences everyone and can be used to influence individuals and groups. 5 stars so far. Thank you, you are appreciated

shadrachtshadracht2 months ago

This is a fascinating plot line with interesting characters and is better than 50% of the officially published. Work out there. 5*

Only downside is I wish I had all of it to read already.

MakehandpartyMakehandparty2 months ago

Keep this one going.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterabout 2 months ago

Hindsight is fun masterbation. But there are a lot of things that ring true here, and ideas that are applicable to looking forward. A friend invented the automatic stock trading systems and sold them for a while. Tribalism has always been with us, but global communication enabled connection of separate tribes and manipulation and control of them. People have always been easy to manipulate; now the cost is lower, but that means greater competition among manipulators. And so, fractured control. All of this misses the effect of automation and the "Rules for Rulers". Also Marshall Brain's "Manna". Part 1 anyway. Azimovs "Caves of Steel's and so on. Best wishes.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 month ago

What an enthralling story. Up to date now cannot wait until the next chapter

5/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorruptingPower@CorruptingPower
Anyone want to send feedback or encouragement? I'd love to hear it - corruptingpower@aol.com - You can also find loads more of my work over at my Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/CorruptingPower - New content drops for subscribers on Tuesdays and Fridays, and a publicly visib...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

C.A.R.P. Ch. 05 Previous Part
C.A.R.P Series Info