Caddy for Hire

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She put her arms around him then said, "Okay. Truth be told I have to admit I'm kind of glad, too. Not that he broke his leg. Just don't tell your brother, okay?"

"It'll be our secret," Marc promised her as he brushed her pretty, long, blonde hair back.

"Thank you for coming over," she said as he moved toward the door.

"Thank you for asking me and for dinner. It was delicious."

"My pleasure. So...what time are we playing again?"

Marc gave her a look then said, "Oh, right. You mean golf."

Renee laughed and told him she did.

Marc told her when and where, a course across town, and she told him she'd be there with bells on.

"Bells are optional," Marc said, a gorgeous smile on his gorgeous face. "You're already beautiful just as you are."

Renee sighed then asked if he saw well. He shook his head indicating he didn't get it, so she spelled it out for him.

"You're 26 years old, a pro golfer, and you're freaking...gorgeous. And yet you tell me I'm...."

He put a finger on her lips then finished her sentence.

"Freaking gorgeous yourself. And amazing. And a great mom. And a fantastic caddy and a great cook and...."

"Stop. You had me at gorgeous, but I'm still thinking you ought to get your eyes checked."

"Hey. I have 20/15 vision," he told her.

He pointed his index and middle fingers at his eyes like they did on TV then said, "I see like a hawk. Okay?"

"Okay," a very contented 40-year old woman told him as she kissed him goodbye then went to sit back down and go over the day's events again from soup to nuts.

"I just don't get it," she said after reviewing everything to include his hawk-like vision which made her laugh out loud. "I love it, but I really don't get it."

When Marc got in Tyler was still awake and said, "Where the hell have you been, little brother?"

There were at least a dozen empties on the table next to him, and just seeing that took a lot of the wind out of Marc's sails. But as a Libertarian, he firmly believed it was none of his business what anyone else did unless it caused actual harm to someone else.

"Out," he said, not wanting to get into it with his drunk brother.

"You bangin' her?" Tyler asked out of the blue.

"Say what?"

"That hot MILF of a caddy you hired. You fuckin' her?"

For the first time in years, anger welled up inside Marc, and he nearly unloaded on his brother.

"You're drunk. Sober up and we'll talk," he said, forcing himself to stay calm.

"I'd fuck her. She's hot as hell," Tyler said, slurring his words a little as Marc saw another half dozen empty beer bottles on the kitchen counter.

Now more worried than angry, Marc walked over to his brother and said, "Ty? I'll pay for rehab if you'll go."

"Rehab? What the fuck do I need with rehab? So I have a few beers every now and then. What fucking business is it of yours, asshole?"

Rather than get into it, Marc said, "I'm goin' to bed, bro."

"Yeah? Well go fuck yourself, too!" Tyler spat before finishing off the beer in his hand.

Libertarian or not, Tyler was his brother, and this was getting hard to watch. He couldn't actually afford to pay for rehab. In fact, he barely had enough money left to make it another month. He needed to qualify on Monday and make some money in the tournament that started on Thursday.

As he lay awake in bed, Marc's thoughts oscillated between the amazing evening he'd had with Renee and the brief encounter he'd just had with Tyler. For the first time in his life he felt the pressure to earn money. Prior to that he'd played for the love of the game, and any money that came his way was the proverbial icing on the cake.

It was obviously way too early to know if anything longterm would come of this new relationship with his beautiful caddy, but he didn't see how it possibly could if he was unable to even afford to put food on the table for them. And then there was Tyler and his growing addiction to alcohol and Marc's increasing sense of urgency to find a way to help him.

It was only 10:30 and Marc knew his dad would still be awake. Hoping he wouldn't wake up him mom, he opened his phone contacts and hit 'Dad' and waited.

"It's kinda late for a phone call, isn't it?" his father quietly said after picking up on the first ring. "Or are you just calling to ask me to caddy for you again?"

His dad chuckled telling Marc it was fine to call that late.

For the next twenty minutes or so Marc laid everything out for his dad. Renee, Tyler, and the new worries about money. And during that time his father did what he did best. He provided sound advice on every topic without trying to push the advice.

What Marc didn't know is that Renee had been on the phone with her mother from about fifteen minutes after he left. Her mom was also a night owl and rarely got to bed before 2am.

"So...what do I do?" Renee asked her mother after explaining everything that had happened and how she was feeling.

"Honey? I'm getting the impression your feelings are more than just gratitude for being hired at a time when you needed work. I'd say it's too early to know exactly what's going on, but from everything you've told me, it sounds an awful lot like you like this young man."

As always, her mom was right.

"I...I do, Mom. And that's what scares me."

"Renee? There's nothing to be afraid of. You've already faced the worst life has to offer, and you've survived it. You now know by experience that bad things happen to good people for no apparent reason. So you have nothing to fear, sweetheart. But if you ever want to have someone to love and someone to love you the way Don did, I don't think you should pass this opportunity just because he's...."

Renee sighed then said, "I know, right? He's just SO much younger than me!"

Her mom laughed then said, "I wasn't going to say that. I was going to tell you that you shouldn't rule him out just because he's the first man you've had feelings for since losing Don."

Those words hit her hard. Had she been divorced, Marc would seem like a 'rebound'. He'd be the first guy who made her feel good after her marriage ended, and she'd undoubtedly be extra cautious. But she wasn't divorced, and while Marc was the first man she'd had feelings for since her husband was alive, she didn't see him as a rebound.

"You have an early tee-time, honey. Maybe you should try and get some sleep."

Her mom's voice shook her out of her thoughts and back to reality.

"Yes I do."

"Just take things a day at a time, Renee. Let them unfold naturally. If he's the next Mr. Right, you'll know. And if this is just some kind of...fantasy...you'll know that, too."

Renee sighed loudly then told her mom yet again that she was right.

"Speaking of fantasies, when do I get to meet this Prince Charming of yours?"

Renee laughed then said, "Oh, Mom. You won't believe how handsome Marc is."

"So I've heard," her mom replied with a laugh. "Maybe you and my sweet little granddaughter could come over for dinner one of these weekends."

"With any luck we'll be playing in a tournament next weekend, but I'll ask him as long as you prepare Daddy."

"Oh, he knows," her mother said with a quiet laugh.

"Oh. Does that mean he knows Marc is...26?" her daughter asked with a little wince as she bit her lower lip.

"I may have mentioned he's a little younger than you, and you know your dad. Whatever makes his little girl happy is fine by him."

Another loud sigh made its way out before Renee said, "Right. His little...40-year old girl."

"You're still a very beautiful girl, honey."

"Girl. There's another word that makes me feel...old."

"I'm 67, so don't talk to me about old until you hit 60 yourself, okay?" her mom replied with a laugh.

Renee laughed, too, then said, "Mom? Thank you. And...I love you."

"And I love you. And if you love this Marc fellow, I'll love him, too, okay?"

Renee had ridden an emotional roller coaster all evening, and those words caused her to tear up again.

"You're the best mom ever."

Her mom laughed quietly then told her goodnight.

It was around midnight when they both fell asleep. Alone. In separate houses. But when they woke up the following morning, their minds were filled with hope and thoughts of being with the other person. And qualifying for the tournament on Hilton Head.

Already in a good mood, Marc's spirits soared when he saw Renee. She was wearing a pink visor, a very cute little pink and gray Argyle sweater over a white, short-sleeved blouse, pink shorts and her trademark white tennis shoes.

Renee noticed how good he looked, too, and was also wearing a smile so wide it hurt.

"Hi," she said as he walked up.

"Good morning, and may I say you look amazing?"

"You may," she told him just before he asked if it was okay to kiss her.

"That would be very okay."

It was a short kiss because of where they were, but it was nevertheless a very nice kiss.

"It's gonna be extremely hard to concentrate. I hope you know that," Marc told as the kiss ended, Renee still in his arms.

"Considering how good you look, yes, I believe I know exactly what you mean."

"So...may I please have driver?" he asked, being overly serious.

"You may, sir," she told him again before grabbing 'big bertha' and handing it to him.

For the entire 18 holes, they focused on golf. Renee was spot on in her club recommendations, and Marc was owning the course. He finished 11 under par for the first time in years, and after birdieing the final hole, he dropped the putter and picked Renee up and spun her around before kissing her again.

As they walked inside, Marc mentioned the phone call with his dad.

"Huh. I had almost the exact same call last night with my mom. My parents want to meet you. Don't worry. I stalled them until after Hilton Head, and you don't have to do that."

"I'd love to meet them, and I'd like you to meet my mom and dad, too. If...if that's something you wouldn't mind doing."

"I...I'd love to," she told his with a smile as he opened the door for her.

"I'm still caddying for you, but I'll let that slide. This time," Renee teased as she walked by with his clubs slung over her shoulder.

After putting the clubs away and yakking with a couple of other golfers about the upcoming tournament, Renee told Marc they needed to talk.

"Not already," he said, as he tried to mask the feelings welling up inside him.

"What? No! Not like that," she assured him. "I was just wondering if maybe you think this is, you know, happening a little...too fast."

"Oh. I...I hadn't even thought of that. We...we could um, slow things down. If that's what you want."

She moved a little closer then put her arms around his neck.

"It isn't. At all. I only wanted to know if that's how you felt. I'm fully aware of long we've known each other. But there's something going on here that...I don't know. It...it just feels...right."

Marc put his arms around here and held her as he said, "I couldn't agree more."

Renee pushed back a bit, smiled up at him then asked, "So...your place or mine?"

He laughed and so did she before Marc got serious.

"I want you to meet Tyler. I just need you to know that he's...an acquired taste."

Renee smiled but didn't laugh.

"He's your brother. And your actual caddy. I like you, Marc. A lot. So unless there's some reason you don't want me to meet him or maybe just not meet him now, I'd love to do that."

Marc chose his words carefully as he brought up the drinking.

"I'm not the touchy-feely type, but I do believe it's an addiction," Renee said. "And I know how alcohol can um, loosen someone's tongue. So if Tyler says anything that concerns you, I'll be fine, because I know it's the booze and not him talking."

Marc looked into her eyes again, and this time, it was like he was able to see into her soul. The connection they already had became even stronger, and it took all of his restraint not to ruin the mood by telling her he loved her.

So when Renee said, "There's something else I'd like to say, but I'm afraid it might have the opposite of the desired effect," he knew what she meant.

"Right. I don't think dropping the 'L' word would be such a good idea. Even if it's something I'm feeling."

Renee had no idea he felt that way. She was still looking into his eyes and said, "I'm feeling it, too, Marc."

"Then when the time is right, we'll know it," he said.

"Yes. We will. Both of us."

Renee stood on her tippy toes and kissed him, and the length of the kiss drew a whistle and a, "Look at you two!" comment.

"Oops," she said, feeling happy and not at all embarrassed.

"No. No oops," Marc replied before kissing her again even more passionately.

Even the 'get a room' comment didn't slow them down.

"So...my place?" Marc suggested after they finally stopped the PDA.

"That sounds wonderful. I can come over early and cook for you guys."

"With Lexi, right?"

"If things are as...difficult...as you described, maybe that should wait?" Renee offered as a question even though it was a statement of how she felt.

"Good call. Dinner for three."

"I can bring some wine."

"Tyler only drinks beer, so that should be okay. For us."

"Marc? He'll get through this. I promise."

He knew she couldn't know that, but he loved her optimism and thanked her for saying that before giving her the address and agreeing on the time.

Tyler's car wasn't in the driveway when Marc drove up, but he could still drive using just one leg. It was awkward and uncomfortable, but he'd done it several times.

"Thank goodness for automatic transmissions," Marc thought as he opened the door.

He got to the kitchen counter and stopped when he saw a note in Tyler's handwriting.

"Marco--I was pretty angry when you called me on my drinking. But today I had to white knuckle it just to keep from having a beer after 10am. That forced me to admit you were right, so I made an appointment with Dr. Carlyle. I need help, bro. Beer's gone from being my best friend to controlling my life. I'm gonna need a lot of support, too, and I need to do this so I can get back out there caddying for you. And while I'm apologizing, I'm sorry as hell for all the shitty things I said about her. About your new caddy. My whole world is just all fucked up, man, and I got no one to blame but myself."

It was signed 'T'.

"Wow," Marc said as he reread the note a second time before going to take a shower.

Tyler got home less than 15 minutes before Renee showed up, and that gave both brothers time to let the other know what was going on.

"Hey, T. I read your note. How'd it go?" Marc asked as soon as he saw his brother.

He held up a white bag from a local pharmacy.

"Step one. I'm taking this drug called Naltrexone. It's a first-line treatment medication for um, people like me."

He set it on the counter then said, "Step two. Meetings and regular counseling. Step three. Bi-weekly visits with the doctor and then monthly."

Marc had never seen his brother like this before. Tyler seemed...broken. He wouldn't even look at Marc, and his voice was shaky. Just like his hands.

"I'm here for you, Tyler. Whatever you need. You know that, right?"

As shocking as the note had been, Tyler's sudden embrace was even more so.

"My life is...I'm so fucked up, bro!" Tyler said as he squeezed his younger brother so hard it hurt.

"Hey. You are not...fucked up. Drinking is what's...screwed up. And it's what's screwing you up. But together, and with the doc and this new medication, we're gonna kick this thing."

He pushed back then said for Tyler's benefit, "We're gonna kick its fucking ass!"

Marc rarely used profanity, but he needed to connect with his brother who was clearly hurting more than he'd ever hurt before, so he talked in Tyler speak to make the connection.

"I uh, I had someone coming over tonight, but I think I'll call her and cancel," Marc said after Tyler let him go and thanked him for his support.

"Her? Is it...her her?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah. It's...Renee. My new caddy. My temporary caddy."

"Don't cancel, bro. I could really stand to have some company, you know? I don't do well alone, and I promise to be on my best behavior, okay? I won't embarrass you. You have my word."

"I'm not worried about that. But are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yeah. One-hundred percent sure."

Less than five minutes later the doorbell rang.

Tyler was now taking a shower himself, shaving for the first time in four days, and came out looking like his old self with the exception of the cast.

He did his best to be charming and friendly in spite of feeling like ten pounds of trash in a five-gallon can. He wanted a beer so bad he could taste it, but having Renee there really helped and he told her that.

"I don't know how much I can help, but I'll do anything I can for you," she told him sincerely.

He smiled then said, "I promised to be on my best behavior so tonight, so all I'm gonna say is 'thank you' and tell you that you Marc was right. You really are a very beautiful woman."

She laughed and thanked him for the compliment.

"I saw you on TV, so I knew. Then Marc told me you were freakin' gorgeous. And yeah, he's right."

"Wow. You two are very smooth," she replied with a laugh.

"We're also right," Marc told her.

"If you say so," Renee said, her modesty mixed with the joy of her newfound happiness.

"So what do you think, Renee? Is my little brother good or what?"

"He's very good, and he's going to qualify on Monday."

"I wish I was as sure of that as you are," Marc told her.

"Hey. Where's your confidence, bro? If you can get a woman this beautiful to go out with your sorry ass...self...you can do anything."

Marc looked at Renee who smiled at him supportively.

"Maybe you're right."

"Maybe? You can take that to the bank!" Tyler told him. "And when you get to Hilton Head, you're gonna win."

"Okay. That's a little much, but I do believe I can qualify. I mean, with the two of you pulling for me, how can I not do well?"

"There you go! That's my little brother!"

Renee stayed another three hours, and by the time she left, she almost felt like part of the family. The reason she didn't was that she hadn't met their parents yet, and she still had deep concerns about them accepting her the way Tyler had because of that three-letter word she was beginning to hate. A-G-E.

Marc and Renee spent as much time as they could together until it was time to leave for a gold course in Atlanta where the 'Monday-Q Day' for that week was being held. They drove there the day before, and although they talked about separate rooms, when they checked in Renee said, "I don't need a room for just me unless that's what you'd prefer."

Marc smiled at her and said, "That is most definitely not what I prefer."

That night they made love for the first time, and while no one could say it had any effect on his golf game, Marc not only qualified but finished third with a very respectable 10 under par for the day. When he called his parents to let them know, they asked about his new caddy.

"She's amazing, Dad. In more ways than one," he told his very-proud father.

"We can't wait to meet her, son, and good luck this weekend. We'll be there rooting for you."

Marc took the next two days off and spent them with his...girlfriend...and her daughter.

Feeling mentally and physically refreshed and focused, Marc felt fantastic when he got to the first tee of the course at Hilton Head. He ended the day tied for seventh place at five under par and felt even better on Day Two.

By Sunday, he was in third place all by himself at eight under par, and by the time he got to the 18th hole, he needed a birdie to finish third. But his birdie putt ended up 27 feet away, and the first putt came up short forcing him to two-putt to end up in fourth. It wasn't a win, but it was by far his biggest cash yet.