All Comments on 'Cafe Lawyer Ch. 03'

by shuttlepilot

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
He did it!

He got it all together and did let anything fall. The only thing is that he is better off as a restaurant owner than as a one-man law office..

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
IT DOES GO ON, BUT NEVER AS BEFORE

the winds of change also beckon. TK U MLJ LV NV

shuttlepilotshuttlepilotabout 12 years agoAuthor
there were

two women involved prior to Cecily. The ex-wife, Susan, then the one who left for witness protection, and finally Cecily who is black.

thanks for reading.

shuttlepilot

FloridaryanFloridaryanabout 12 years ago
Thanks for the Story

Great read. Real characters and a good story. Wish there were more like this. Keep writing. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I don't believe it....

A damn good mushy likeable story on this site. What's the world coming to too...

bill....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

So when did Cee-Cee with the long, flowing, silken blonde hair turn into an ebony princess? Damned hard to pull off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not your best effort.

Chapter 2 page 1 her long blonde hair is mentioned twice. By chapter 's end she is an ebony princess. Now if she was Mary J Blige I wouldn't hold it against you. I'd rather have MJBlige held against me! My kind of woman. But I digress.

Other thing that bothered me was the incredibly short time between meeting and declarations of love. It felt a little rushed. But still worth a four.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

good storie you could write more chapters.

BarneyWilsonBarneyWilsonalmost 6 years ago
Who is Cecily and what did you do to Carol?

Jim seemed to be getting on so well with Carol, asking her to marry him at the end of chapter two.

Suddenly, in chapter three, Jim seems to have abandoned Carol in favour of Cecily.

A clear continuity error.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 3 years ago
Very good story

You have a fine writing style, and i have enjoyed everything I have read from you.

However, a massive clanger for me was the name change from Carol Jondle to Cecily Baker. I also don't mind that she was black, but the first two chapters did not leave that impression in the slightest, so these problems absolutely destroyed continuity. I had to suspend that in order to complete the series.

I am sure others have mentioned it, it's kind of an obvious error.

On the other hand, you haven't written since 2014. I guess you're done. If you write again, I am sure I would love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
who wrote this chapter?

last chapter almost seem to be written by some else. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 2 years ago

???

Upon first meeting Cecily the main character specifically calls out her long, blond hair. Then at the start of the reunion portion for the first time he calls her his ebony princess. I personally have never come across a continuity error of this magnitude.

When the MC told Carol he took a Shakespeare class but dropped it because it was too boring I realized Susan was completely justified in cheating on him.

The Susan character was a cipher. In order to care about any of this we needed more exploration than "I have no answer for you".

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous