Cameron: How To Save Your Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

During the after-supper cleanup I actually kicked my father in the shins and scowled at him. "When are you going to tell her? If you don't, I will!"

He scowled right back, "Hang on Missy. I'll do this in my own good time and when I'm ready."

**********

Cam (15 Minutes later)

"Could I get all of us in to the dining area for a brief moment?"

Everyone looked at me, since we were spread out between the dining area, the living room area (which is about eight feet away) and Diane was in the bedroom she shared with her sister. Laura shouted, "Diane, get out here, now!"

"Okay, everyone, I have a small announcement to make. Davey has told me that he would really like to have his bed back again. While he's enjoyed, immensely, his time sleeping on the air mattress, he confided in me today that since school is back in, he needs to get a good night's sleep if he wants to learn to read, write and do simple mathematics problems." All four of them looked at me, and each other, trying to figure out what was going on.

I walked a few steps to Britt and stood next to her. "Would you come and share the master bedroom with me? For the sake of our son's education."

Britt covered her mouth with her hand, tears came down her cheeks and she stood up. I slowly pulled her into a hug, the first in well over a year and held her. "I've never stopped loving you. I want you back as my wife and I know that the kids want you back as their mother. They even voted today. It was unanimous."

**********

Two years later

Britt

I guess I get the last words.

I really like Australia. I'm used to driving on the left side of the road now. Only one minor fender-bender taught me to keep left at the roundabouts.

We moved to a slightly bigger house a bit further outside the city. It has room for a garden and space to spread out a bit. It's good because the baby is growing fast. Nathan is now just about one year old and is crawling everywhere. Laura and Diane fight over who gets to push the stroller when we go out.

I thank my lucky stars that I had the courage to get on that airplane just over two years ago.

The airline delivered those big suitcases a week after I got to Melbourne. I hid them in the garage, at the other house, until I moved into the master bedroom with Cam. They got unpacked right after that first night. I went to work part-time for the construction company. I'm doing some interior design work, helping clients pick out the finishings that they want for their homes.

I got pregnant with Nathan just after Cam and I started having sex again. It didn't take long after we started sharing a bed again. The first couple of nights were a bit awkward, but we worked through it and the feel of him next to me was the best thing in my life. I was home. Home with my husband and home with my children. This is where I belonged.

We got married right after I found out that I was pregnant with Nathan. My parents came from the U.S. to visit us and were there when Nathan was born. Laura is almost fifteen, Diane thirteen, and Davey, my goofball, is ten.

I thank those same lucky stars that I was able to figure out what was important for me and for my family. I got through the tragedy that I created. My family got through it. That won't happen ever again.

But you want to know why I cheated on my husband and children. Well, it's complicated and simple at the same time. I did it because I thought it was something that I wanted in order to feel good as a woman. I did it because I thought I could separate that part of me from my real life; the one with a family. I did it because I thought that I deserved it. I did it because I wanted the control; Dean was easy to control. I did it because I thought it was naughty and it was my secret; my secret life. I did it because it was dangerous. I did it because I was stupid.

No, the Martian Slut Ray didn't get me. I didn't get repeatedly hit on the head with the Stupid Rock. But I did let my foolishness rule me and I gave in to the notion that I wanted the thrill of sex outside my marriage because I could get it. Where did that get me? Alone.

Thank goodness I got help and smartened up. Thank goodness I figured out what was important in my life. Thank goodness I got on that airplane and took the risk of rejection and came to my family. Thank goodness they still let me back in their lives. I don't want to think about what I would have done if they didn't.

I managed to fix the shit-show and turn my life back into something that I can be proud of. I want my husband and children to be proud of me.

Okay, enough from me, take care of what's important to you. Gotta go, I can hear Nathan crying. Oh, that diaper is full...