All Comments on 'Can the Phoenix Rise'

by NylonDreams

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It's really nice to warn readers that in your opinion this is not a RAAC, which means you consider it a reconciliation.

The problem is the definition or the vision that one has of a reconciliation or a RAAC.

If you could express your way of thinking or define both, that would be even more explicit.

ThorlolThorlol11 months ago

At page 6 the story was over. Again there was a cop out. If she really was coerced to put in a restraining order against her will why would she be unhappy that they didnt caught him in the house? She should have been relieved. She didnt knew that her conversations were recorded and still told her friends that she was unhappy that their plan didnt work. So why would she lie on page 6? She wanted it to happen, no coercion there. She even tried to get him into jail afterwards. There was no hold on her to do this. She genuinely wanted him in prison.

FireFox59FireFox5911 months ago

Good story and thanks for posting the complete story. Still don't quite know what to make of Sam. Her character was very much like a chameleon. Many of her explanations don't match what really was happening. The restraining order was one big red flag for me. If she wasn't going along with management how could they force her to do that? Being drugged is a pretty weak cop out for everything she did.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6311 months ago

Long story (very long) she choose her job and the people she worked with over her husband, children and marriage. If she had quite they would never have exposed the others because they would have exposed themselves. Then she goes from being a repressed shrew to a slut. No semblance of reality in this one.

hindsight2020hindsight202011 months ago

I am a big fan of the author. However, lately the stories are drawn out with incredible redundancy. Especially the therapy scenes. These scenes are also very clinical and lacking in expressions of emotion. Yes, they talk about emotions, but there are no active expressions of them.

PBD2022PBD202211 months ago

I don't know how you view male and female persons. Reconciliation because she was a victim only works if she sought husbands help. She was almost glad husband had suffered. Story was presented your way one can look at it in other way. She wanted to have affair that's why she brought it up and punished husband. When she got divorced and her firm was under investigations, she became state witness to get back what she had. Weak man believes the manipulation and have reconciliation. You forget how much pleasure she got from your humiliation. That humiliation was due to contempt. How a love and contempt live side by side. Gullibles take their ex back. Result is that wife got to eat cake and have it too.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The first few chapters were captivating, I really enjoyed it. But the rest became too unbelievably bothersome for lack of a better word. I mean, why would you allow one of the characters to describe what your therapist tells you to do to your spouse or vice versa to your children? How would the children feel or what would they have done? And then the punishment sex towards the end is just stupid. If you can't forgive your spouse then just leave. You're not a man to do that to someone you claim to love.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nylondreams.. the name conjoined a man clad in feminine wear… frilly panties, nylon stockings high heels… seriously writer dude… it’s time for u to come out in the open. Your stories are so full of trash that it’s absurd! Each and every one of them has a slut wife willing to spread at the cost and humiliation of the hubby.. and a hubby who takes it all and finds 10 pages of reasons to excuse the behaviour!! We’re u brought up in a cucked household? Watched ur dad clean mom after she fucked her studs all night??

des911des91111 months ago

Good, but not great. I enjoyed it but did find parts a bit tedious; the therapy is a key part of the story line but overuse of therapists words was a drag. The character and relationship developments of the adults and children were well handled; maybe a bit too predictable towards the end.

Thank you for sharing

JH4FunJH4Fun11 months ago
Just Didn’t Like It Much ⭐⭐

I am sorry to say I had to rate this one as: Just Didn’t Like It Much ⭐⭐. While I didn’t mind that it was RAAC. Your comment, “Is it a RAAC, I don't think so by my definition.” At the start was just out of left field. I know many people are put off by RACC and give negative reviews every time some writer puts one in LW category.

I believe writers should write the stories they want and not worry about the people who can’t read a tale and discern that it is just a tale to entertain readers. Just as I didn’t like the fact this tale was 15 page and took me a long while to consume.

But I love the Scottish area around Dundee. I was working in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire for a couple of years. The first time I traveled over the Tay bridge and took a picture of the bridge from the Law, I was hooked on the area to visit and enjoy it often during the summer. I would always travel through Dundee on my way to Firth of Forth to the shipyard.

So, while I thought the tale was well written, as all of yours’ I’ve consumed are. I just thought this one was too long to consume in one setting for a slow reader such as myself. Having read many of your tales I can’t think of any I have rated this way. Again, I always say if I rated a tale “Just Didn’t Like It Much ⭐⭐,” I owed the writer WHY.

Here is the why: (All of these are just my opinion nothing factual based)

1. This tale could have been finished and achieved the same goal by page 5

2. Being a RAAC after stating it wasn’t by your standards

3. The reconstruction of estate was really not required to show they were getting along better and heading reconciliation

4. While I enjoyed the retribution for the ones involved it wasn’t actually necessary to the tale

While all of these are just my opinions they should be taken/consumed with whatever seasoning you enjoy. I only made the comments because to me you took time to produce this tale. I owe you the reasons for my low score.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

I always enjoy a little variety in the stories I read!

4

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

Same story, different title. Unsalvageable cheating, lying, evil slut wife and it all ends up being the husband's fault, somehow revealed in"counseling", and they live happily ever after 15 pages later...

WisquejacWisquejac9 months ago

Counseling for me sucked ass. These characters have miracle workers. Meh.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nylon. While I believe you are a good writer You already did this premise better in “ can we heal “ the boss comes right out and says I’m going to f you before the drugs and intimidation become to strong for the wife to resist. She could have told her husband what was going on and stepped off the boat before getting wrecked. I had to stop part way through this story a little ways after the wife tells the husband about the bad guys getting arrested and reveals her side. I just couldn’t continue onward, I fundamental flaw of yours is you inflict a lot of pain on the victim only to have them being the one making the compromises in the reconciliations. I would like to see a bit more repercussions or skin in the game by the cheating party. As in my opinion reconciliation stories work best when cheating spouses has been punished for their mistake and now sees what they had vowing to do anything to get their marrage back or a spouse who had no choice in the matter such as the wife from “ can I heal “ where the drugs were strong enough to take her choice away.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The author has excellent writing skills, but really, this story line and the ending is beyond ridiculous. It doesn’t even make sense. Rather than risk having the husband see phony nude pics, the wife will go ahead and cheat with the perp? Rather than ask for the husband forgiveness, the wife goes mental and gets a restraining order to separate him from the kids and works for husband to be arrested? And then it’s all forgiven, by the now ex-husband?! I never complain about an author’s plot choices as this is a free site, but the last 10 of 15 pages is complete tripe.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

No of course the whole thing was easily broken out of by saying no and quitting if neccessary regardless of the formulaic pyschobabble.

She Teamed with Dewar to get where she ended up with him and then when the consequences and the sex was pitiful and became clear she had her epiphany.

To many chances to reverse course and not be so particularly loathsome.

You can keep tweaking but the only way to make it credible is to make the MC a weak submissive with low self esteem who thinks he deserves it.

WargamerWargamer9 months ago

The story is too contrived and too far over the top.

3/5

StruckwrongStruckwrong8 months ago

The same ending if she had just refused to be blackmailed except she wouldn't have done and attempted horrific things to her husband and family.

I mean it was partly her husbands fault for not being perfect after all.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Started well. Although it was just incomprehensible that even while the divorce hearings were underway, that stupid restraining order remained in effect!

.

It was never explained why Sam didn’t just quit her job once she knew what was going on. All the shit that resulted only happens to HER if she stays there. Huge plot hole!

.

But then the story devolves into a kinky sex romp. Yeah, OK — it’s Literotica! But the second half of the story completely negated the thrust of the first half.

.

2 **

moultonknobmoultonknob6 months ago

Story far too long, I got fed up with it after 6 pages and then just skipped to the end. As far too I can see it's just another load of bollocks, no need for most of what happened, she should have just quit the job. 1 star as I'm feeling generous.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

15 pages of bullshit and I quit reding on page 5 or 6. Skipped to last o read a little about "group" activities? Completely ridiculous. Whole premis is dumb. When a Boss tells you there are going to fuck you is the exact moment you yell, "I quite" and loud enough for everyone to hear, and state why you're quitting.

MattKesterMattKester3 months ago

While I appreciated the description of the psychology of recovery and reconciliation, there was a lot of the story that just didn't fit. Infidelity (even forced) affects the whole family. Making the remodelling project part of the therapy was a very good plot element. I could have done without the extent of handwringing (will I won't I) and the contest for control over the relationship. Dawn's lectures could definitely have been shorter; the MCs description about raw emotions could have been shorter.

I went through a period of a three or four years where my wife withdrew, along with the bitchiness and disrespect. Therapy does help to a point, but the main thing I learned was that it's important to speak up, too. When I learned to finally just call a time out (and call her on her bullshit), that's when things improved. For that, the story resonated.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNylonDreams@NylonDreams
Retired, prefer sensual rather than violent sex stories. Love lingerie and stockings.

SIMILAR Stories

Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
841
I'm 51 
4.83
764
587
Requital 
4.49
1.5k
1.1k
More Stories