Can There Be Peace Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jane turned and walked away. As she passed Cat she asked, "Care to watch me kick your crazy sister's ass?" Reaching the parking lot, she turned to see Baby Girl marching towards her with fire in her eyes. Before the girl could reach her, she bent down and pulled out a K-bar knife from an ankle sheath. "Here, I'll even let you have a knife you fucking pussy." She tossed it so it stuck into the ground about five foot before her. "Before I kick your ass, I want to give you props for calming Karen down. But like any other Ranger, you don't know enough to know when to walk away."

Baby Girl screamed in rage and rushed Jane. The next thing she knew she was flying over the girl's head and slammed into the ground and on her back. Before she could get up she heard Jane add, "Apparently you also don't know when you're out classed." She rolled over and charged Jane with the intent of tackling her. At the last moment Jane danced away and tripped her so she fell and slid face first in the gravel.

"Pitiful, it's a wonder Karen made it out alive if you were the best of the team." Jane said. "Yes I did my research Sandy. You did damn fine saving her ass that day. Why is it that you are brave enough to fight when others give up and stupid enough to never learn?"

"What the fuck do you mean?" Sandy said getting up and wiping the little bits of gravel out her face. She glanced down at the knife and then looked back at Jane. "You'll not sucker me with the knife Jane."

"I wasn't talking about the knife. I was saying, I know all about you, Karen, and even Cat standing over there worried. I looked up your service records to better understand you. But I don't you see. You two and the girls are the finest group of women I have ever met in my entire life. Each one of you can rise to greatness and yet sink time and time again. Why are you a failure Sandy? Why is Marie? I understand Karen all too well but how can I help the rest if I can't see the issue. So, I ask you, what the fuck is wrong with you Sandy?"

Again, Sandy rushed her and instead of trying to throw or tackle her she went in punching. However, it seemed that Jane knew what she was doing before she did and blocked every attack. Suddenly she found herself on her back with Jane straddling her and holding her down with one hand while the other was pulled back to punch her. With her arms pinned and no matter how hard she struggled to get free she couldn't.

"You see this is a case in point. You know full well I can punch you any number of places like..." Jane punched and lightly touched Sandy's throat, forehead and chest over her heart in a series of lighting moves. "But still you struggle." She suddenly stood, "I understand fighting against odds you can't live through. But what about the rest. Please explain to me Sandy because I really don't want to hurt you."

"What style are you using? I thought at first it was Tia Chee, but now I know it's not," Cat asked from one side.

"Its Jeet Kune Do," Jane replied. Seeing a blank face, she added, "It's the style Bruce Lee formed. I have been studying it since I saw him in the movie Enter the Dragon."

"What rating?" Karen asked from one side.

"We don't use normal ratings like belt colors, before I joined the Marines I was just shy of a Senior Instructor." She paused and then said, "Please go back inside Karen and finish clearing the air with George. Sandy and I still have a few things to work out."

"No I think I like it just fine down here," Baby Girl replied. "Somehow I expect that if I get up you will kick my ass for real." She paused, "On the other hand I bet I can roll, grab and throw the knife before you stop me."

"Try me," Jane said still looking at Karen. "You can even take your time Sandy. I know you Rangers are little slower than real fighters."

Not thinking Baby Girl rolled grabbed the knife and threw it at Jane. What happened shocked not just her but the small crowd which came out to see the fight.

From her vantage point Karen saw Jane pluck the knife out of the air, spin around and throw it towards her. It just missed her by a whisker and slammed into a windshield where it punched through and stopped at the hilt.

Jane looked down at Baby Girl, "You're aim sucks little sister. Are you ready to talk?"

Baby Girl looked at the knife stuck in someone windshield and towards Karen who was still looking at it. Looking up she said, "I don't know why sister. If I did, I could stop the cycle."

"Knowing you don't know is the first step towards learning." Jane said offering her hand to Baby Girl.

"You're not going to throw me over a car are you," Baby Girl asked looking at the hand.

"You never know until you try. You have to take a leap of faith sometime Baby Girl."

"If I take your hand, you will throw me to see if you can get me mad again. If I don't take it, you will say part of my problem is I don't trust when I should." Baby Girl said not taking Jane's hand.

"It sounds like a no win situation to me," Karen said from one side. "So what do you do Baby Girl?"

"Change one of the variables," Baby Girl said with a smile. "I learned that lesson already." She spun rapidly in place to sweep Jane's legs out from under her but the woman simply jumped over them with a smile. "Well shit here we are again," she said looking up at the hand offered. Finally, as if she were grabbing onto a hot pan, she reached up and took Jane's hand.

Jane pulled her to her feet and looked at her for a long moment before saying softly, "You will never break the cycle until you face it. You know it and I can see it."

For the first time since Karen killed her mother before her Sandy felt fear, "I'm scared," she whispered.

"You're not alone, I'm here with you," Jane said just as softly. "You must speak it, put thought to form."

"I need pain to feel alive," Baby Girl whispered still looking into Jane's eyes.

"No you need punished to feel alive. There is a difference isn't there," Jane said looking back into Baby Girl's eyes.

"Yes... punished to be alive," Sandy agreed with a whimper.

"Why do you need to be punished? What is your crime little sister?"

"Bad girl," Sandy whispered not daring to face the locked door in her mind.

As if Jane was reading her mind she said, "Trust me and open the door and face it. Tell me your crime Sandy. Why do you need to be punished? Why are you a bad girl time and time again?"

"Please no Jane... I can't," Sandy cried.

"Do you want to get better? Do you truly want to be forgiven and be good?" Jane said rubbing Sandy's back.

"I loved all she did to me...Loved what she could give me..." Sandy said brokenly.

"You have to say her name," Jane said softly.

"Carol. I loved Carol even when I damned myself before Karen's eyes." Sandy replied through tears, "I was crushing on her and when she said I must submit to prove my love for her daughter Karen, I jumped at the chance to be with Carol." Sandy screamed, "Don't you understand I betrayed my best friend to be with her mother." She sobbed a few times and then wailed, "I wish I was dead."

"I forgive you," Jane said pulling the girl into a hug.

Karen came up from behind them and hugged Sandy from the other side, "I forgive you too Sandy." She put her head against the girl's and whispered, "I pray you can forgive me too one day."

As she released her Jane watched as Sandy clung to Karen crying. After a moment Karen started crying also. She walked over and removed her knife from someone's windshield and replaced it in its sheaf around her ankle. She looked at George and said, "I don't suppose you two cleared the air yet."

"No we followed you two out." George said. He looked at her, "I already know my flaws Jane. I should have spoken up long ago. I'm sorry."

"It all worked out more or less. You work tomorrow?"

"Yes," George replied.

"Call in sick and come home with us. I think it will be an experience we both need." Jane said. When the man didn't answer, "Trust me George, have I led you wrong yet?"

"No, but you're not the same person you were two days ago," George replied.

"Like Sandy, you have to take a leap of faith. I won't let you fall, you're my best friend in the world, my partner and yes though I am with Karen and my sisters, I love you."

"Just what is your relationship with Karen?"

"So far I am trying to save her and the rest from imploding in on itself." Jane replied. She caught sight of Cat looking at her with fear, "Ah my next victim." She walked over to Cat, "Care to fight first or skip that part."

"I know when I am outclassed Jane," Cat replied.

"I know it sucks when they give you a medal for fucking up. Look at me, I got a purple heart just for walking point and watching my squad get shot to hell and back." Jane paused, "But that's not why you were down at the fetish club trying to find someone to take responsibility for you." Jane smiled, "I said I did my research. I know better than to just throw in with anyone without doing my homework. Lady Sally was a Marine and we Marines stick together for life. What I don't understand is why not just tell Karen the truth?"

"I tried to, but she didn't understand the magnitude of my crime. I killed my command," Cat whimpered.

"No Marie, I know better to fall for that one. You paid for that in blood. You fought to save those you could instead of rolling over. Must I go through the same thing with you as I did with Sandy?" Jane sighed, "You act out because you need punishment. You need the one who considers you her mate, her lover, to hurt you and in time turn away from you in disgust. While I only suspected Sandy's crime, I know yours."

Cat looked down from the piercing ice blue eyes and said softly, "If you know then why not just say it."

"Marie, do you want to change? Or do you want to drag Karen down with you." Jane said. She didn't move to stop Cat when she slapped her. "If you think a little slap will stop me you are mistaken."

Cat moved to slap Jane a second time but found her hand stopped inches away from the woman. Jane had moved faster than Cat thought was possible. Without moving her hand, she straightened out her fingers of her other hand drove them into Jane's solar plexus. At least that was the plan. She saw Jane smile, felt her grab her collar and belt, lift her up and slam her down on the ground. Instead of everything happening fast like she had done with Baby Girl it seemed as if Jane moved in slow motion.

Jane looked down and smiled, "Care to try again or shall we get back to the topic at hand?"

Karen walked over holding Baby Girl's hand and said, "Jane are you going to kick everyone's ass tonight? If so let me know so I can sell tickets."

"There is only one more person tonight on my list. But you don't want to sell tickets. It would not do for your followers to see me kick your ass once I finish with Marie." Jane looked down at Cat, "Give us another half hour, Marie here has a lot to get off her chest before she is ready to talk to you Karen."

"Why are you doing this Jane?" Karen asked.

"Because right now your family is broken. Each who has become yours has a part that is tearing them apart. They are drawn to you because even though you are broken also, you rise above it. A part of them hopes that ability will rub off on them. But you see it doesn't work that way and we both know it." Jane paused and smiled at Sandy, "Sandy understands now and will always try her best to be good."

"Yes sister, thank you," Baby Girl replied. It didn't bother her that Jane called her Sandy. She made peace with her past. She looked down and asked softly, "Jane, are you the Great Mother in human form?"

"No sister. But I understand her message to me. I had forgotten and lost my way but realized I was letting the past mistakes rule my actions." She looked at Karen, "George must come home with us."

"I generally am the one to make that call Jane," Karen replied.

"Go inside, talk to him and you will see for yourself," Jane said. She looked down at Cat, "It gives me and Marie time to talk alone."

"I'm not sure I want to stay out here alone with you," Cat replied.

"Then you are not ready for change and will drag Karen into the darkness," Jane said just as Karen was turning away.

Karen turned back and found Jane staring at her. "I'll be inside talking to George," Karen said after a moment. "Come along Baby Girl, you can watch the door," she added.

Jane watched them walk away before crouching down and saying, "Marie I will kill you before I allow that to happen. I'll not allow you to drive her into madness. You will face your past or I will make you disappear tonight."

"Just like that?" Marie asked.

"Unlike you, I have all the powers Karen has. That is why I was able to withstand that woman's mind control attacks so easily. Even mother struggled against it. So removing you would not be a problem for me. Even as a human I could kill you before you knew it." Jane paused, "But I don't want to kill you Marie. I want to help you heal your hurt. Please let me help you."

"Fine," Marie said finally. "In reality I am a poor little rich girl who used others to her own advantage. I made Tiff look like miss goodie two shoes. But I went too far, I was to go out with John Davis for senior prom but then Robert Jones asked me. He was richer and even gave me a diamond tennis bracelet. So, I dumped John and went with Robert and for my folly John killed himself. Are you happy now?"

"Are you?" Jane asked sitting down.

"No and you damn well know it," Cat replied.

"Do know why you are so mad?"

"Yes," Cat said closing her eyes.

"And why is that Marie? You have to say it," Jane said tenderly.

"Because it was so unfair," Marie said as she cried softly through her closed eyes.

"Why is it unfair," Jane asked softly prompting her.

"Because he died. I loved John and he killed himself." Cat cried. When Jane didn't speak she opened her eyes and looked up at her, "I killed the man I really loved. Can't you understand?"

"I do," Jane said softly combing hair out of Marie's face tenderly. "We all make mistakes in life. I forgive the vane self-centered girl you were. It's time to forgive yourself."

"How?" Cat said rolling over and clinging to Jane. "I can't forgive her."

"You can, you'll see." Jane got up and pulled Cat to her feet, "Come with me, dear," She guided Cat into the club. "You must tell Karen everything."

"I can't," Cat said trying to turn away. But it was trying to move against a rock and found herself continuing to the table where Karen and George were talking.

"Mind if we join you?" Jane said. She motioned for Cat to sit down next to Karen and she sat next to George. She took a drink and then smiled at George, "Come on I feel like dancing."

"I'm not sure I am after watching you and Sandy dance," George said looking Jane.

"Don't worry I won't throw you... much," Jane laughed as she got up and pulled George out to the dance floor. After about twenty seconds, the song changed to a slow one and she pulled him close, "We haven't danced slowly since the prom." As they slowly moved around the dance floor she rested her head on his shoulder and kept an eye on Cat and Karen. She saw them hug tightly just as the song ended and Cat get up and walk over.

"Mind if I break in?" Cat asked.

"Sure," George replied.

Jane laughed as she walked away leaving Cat and George on the dance floor. She walked up to the table and looked at Karen.

"We don't need to go to the parking lot Jane; we already had our little chat." Karen said looking up at her.

"No, we haven't and you know it Karen." Jane paused and added, "That was just about you wallowing in self-pity. This is much deeper. Come on outside, it will be better for everyone involved."

"I don't want to hurt you."

Jane laughed, "That's my line. Come on, sooner you get it out, sooner you will feel better. Look at Sandy and Marie if you need proof."

"I'm fine just the way I am," Karen countered.

"Bullshit and we both know it. I will tell you the same thing I told Marie, I will kill you myself before I allow you to fall into madness. If you go, your slaves will follow then the rest of the sisters will march headlong into darkness. I will remove you before then. So get up and let's go outside, I am falling behind in my drinking."

"No," Karen said calmly.

Jane leaned forward and commanded, "Come with me."

Though she planned to sit there, Karen found herself standing up. As Jane took her hand she whispered, "What? No. Who are you? Mother?"

"No just someone who loves you without measure and wants to help. Please come on your own Karen," Jane begged.

"Very well," she said resigned. "But we are going to have a little talk when this is over Jane," she added softly.

"I hope so, for both our sakes," Jane replied. Still holding Karen's hand, they walked up front. Stopping at the door she looked at Sandy and said, "Could you make sure we don't have an audience?"

"Of course sister," Baby Girl replied. She wanted to go watch; instead would stay and keep others from going.

Still holding Karen's hand Jane led her out to the parking lot. Only then did Jane release her hand. "It's funny, you know, that even Marie after watching me take out Sandy, had to give it a try herself. Now, even knowing I will clean your clock, you are planning your own attack. Why is facing yourself troubling you so deeply Karen?"

"What is troubling is you being able to control me Jane," Karen replied moving slightly away from her. "How are you able to do that?"

"Best I can figure, you and Lilith asked and your mother granted. When you made me female, I was not the same person I was when I started. Then when Lilith turned me, I became as you are in all ways." Jane paused and then added, "The only difference between you and I, is that I faced my past and am at peace."

"So in the end I will kneel below you?" Karen asked.

"No, I suspect I will finish and then see what mother, your mother that is, has in store for me. If its death, then so be it. If not, then I will follow her will and go where she commands." Jane replied. "But we are getting away from the subject at hand...You."

"I have nothing to talk about," Karen said shifting towards Jane's weak side slowly.

"Oh sister, you have much to talk about. I know more about you than the other two. I'm willing to bet you knew all about your mother's game. Do you know how many she had a hand in making disappear? Two hundred and forty-seven that we can tie back to her. There is no way you didn't know Karen. You knew it long before Sandy betrayed your love and friendship." Again, Jane paused and asked, "Will it help if I turn away from you?"

"What will help is if you let sleeping dogs lie," Karen replied. "Of course, I knew, I helped her play with her toys. Then when dad raped me I became the one that she couldn't make disappear or kill. I lived with more pain than you can imagine because she hated me. Does that answer your question?"

"No not one bit. Like Marie you are trying to toss me a bone and hope I don't push you beyond." Jane replied turning slightly away from her so her left side was exposed. "There, how about this position? More you say?" She turned more and waited. "Open the door and see your fear Karen."

"I already know my fear and you know it Jane." Karen said. "I'm worried I will fall into madness just like my mother did."

"That's not it Karen," Jane said calmly. She turned her head and looked at Karen, "Sooner or later you are going to have to trust me. Trust that I can lead you through to the other side without you becoming lost."

That stopped Karen, "It's not?" she asked confused.

"No, you have already made four disappear and took six others and made yours. To the outside world they disappeared but in reality, they are here and wear your collar. Rachel is still around but I expect in time she will disappear from the records." Jane paused, "One, turned into a bimbo named Candy who is living her dream as trailer trash. Another, is down in Atlanta and roaming the VA hospital in search for the perfect fuck. The third disappeared totally, but before she did she sold everything and gave it to Doctor Johnson. Last but not least, we both know what happened to the forth." She paused again, "So Karen, let's talk about your real fear."