Can You Love Someone Too Much?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, Tom, don't you think this ring is just gorgeous?"

Actually, Tom thought it was a bit gaudy, but said, "Yes, Dear, it's very pretty, but don't you think it's a little expensive?"

"You know what they say, Tom, 'If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.'"

Tom caught a glimpse of the price tag.

"That's exactly what I'm saying; I can't afford it."

Pouting, Eleanor took off the ring and handed it back to the clerk, and they looked at less expensive rings.

"Less expensive" is a relative term, and the ring they finally agreed on nearly maxed out his credit card.

Eleanor had the ring put in the traditional blue velvet box and handed it to Tom.

"Now take good care of this and don't lose it, you'll need it later," she said.

"Later?" Tom asked, confused.

"Why, when you propose to me, of course."

"Propose? Didn't we already agree to get married?"

"Yes, but I asked you. That will never do. You must ask me. The only question is should we do it privately, or in front of family, or out in public. Maybe at Chez Louis where we had our first date."

Tom saw more of his money sprouting wings and fleeing his wallet, but bit his tongue and hoped that Eleanor would choose the private option.

It was not to be, and Eleanor gave Tom detailed instructions on how he was supposed to "surprise" her.

Fortunately, it wasn't to be a circus. On the appropriate day, Tom did, in fact, make reservations at Chez Louis.

It was a pleasant spring evening, Eleanor didn't bother with a coat and Tom was pleased to see that she was wearing the same Little Red Dress from their first date.

He was even more pleased because this time he knew what treasures lay beneath the dress.

Eleanor ordered the same dishes that she ordered on their first date, while Tom made a point of not ordering the same thing, bringing a pout to Eleanor's face.

Just as they were finishing dessert, the waiter brought a bottle of champagne to the table, and Eleanor gave a fair impression of being surprised as Tom dropped to one knee and presented the ring to her.

"Eleanor, you have made me so happy these past months, would you make me happier still by being my wife?"

Eleanor thought briefly of playing hard-to-get, but decided that wasn't the time, so she pulled Tom to his feet, wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a kiss that nearly made him melt.

As the other patrons applauded, Eleanor told him, "Yes, my love, I'll marry you."

Tom was actually relieved. He wasn't completely sure that she wouldn't pull the rug out from under him. Tom wanted to go home and consummate their engagement, but Eleanor had other ideas.

"Let's make the memories complete, and go back to Royale," she said.

Tom's memories of Royale weren't as fond as Eleanor's, but he gave in, as usual.

One thing that was different and made Tom very happy was that Eleanor danced only with him. Every time a man approached, she would flash her ring at him, and he would walk away. After about an hour, the word spread and there were no more interlopers.

Fortunately, he was spared most of the planning and expense of the wedding. He was just told when and where to show up, and what to wear, which was, unfortunately, a tuxedo, one of the worst wastes of fabric known to man. Since he didn't own one and saw no need to buy one, he had to rent one, which is a whole other story.

His friend Arnie wanted to have a wild bachelor party, but Tom nixed that, opting instead for dinner at a nice steak house followed by a few brews at the local sports bar.

"So what's Eleanor doing for her bachelorette party?" Arnie asked.

"She and a few friends are going to Vegas for the weekend," Tom said.

"You're a fool, Tom," Elliot said. "She'll probably be fucking male strippers all weekend."

Tom couldn't let on that this spoke to some of his darkest fears.

"No, I trust her, she'd never do that."

"Maybe I should fly out to Vegas, see if I can join in the action, Eleanor is pretty hot, I don't know how a schlump like you got her," Elliot mouthed off.

If Arnie hadn't grabbed Tom, Elliot would have been eating his meals through a straw.

"I think you'd better leave," Arnie told Elliot.

"I'm going, but when she has a baby eight months after the wedding, you'd better have DNA tests ready," Elliot said as he headed for the door.

It took three guys to hold Tom back, but from the looks on their faces, he could tell that some of the others shared Elliot's opinion.

The problem was that Tom wasn't all that sure that they were wrong.

"Come on, Tom, let's get out of here, go back to my place and forget those assholes."

Tom just wanted to go home and be alone, but Arnie was a good friend and was just trying to help, so he agreed.

They were sitting in Arnie's living room watching some Netflix when Arnie addressed the elephant in the room.

"Tom, Elliot's an ass, we all know that, but he does have a point. Eleanor treats you like shit..."

"She treats me better than I deserve. I love her, and for some reason she loves me. We're getting married, and if you can't get behind that, maybe I need to find a new best man!" Tom said as he stood up to leave.

Arnie jumped up and grabbed Tom.

"Tom, of course I'm behind you, we all are. We're just worried about you, afraid that you'll get hurt."

"You just don't think I'm good enough for a woman like Eleanor. Thanks for the vote of confidence."

"That's not what I'm saying, Tom. You're a great guy and deserve the best, and if you believe that's Eleanor, I'm behind you one hundred percent."

"Okay, Arnie, thanks. Just one more thing."

"What's that?"

"No jokes about any of this in your speech."

"Damn, there go my best lines. Just kidding, Tom, I got your message, loud and clear."

Meanwhile, the bachelorette party was in full swing, and yes, there were male strippers, but everyone behaved themselves, more or less.

After the party the women had a spa day. Most chose to have a masseur, but Eleanor and Marge had masseuses.

Eleanor enjoyed the firm but gentle touch of her masseuse, and as she relaxed under her talented hands, she idly wondered how it would be to be with a woman sexually, but she quickly banished those thoughts. Her life was complicated enough already.

Things settled down after that, though Elliot was no longer in the wedding party.

Tom would occasionally hear, "sucker," or "pussy-whipped," but never to his face.

The wedding went off without a hitch. Tom was in awe as Eleanor walked down the aisle on her father's arm. Her gown managed to walk the fine line between modest and sexy, but Tom didn't care. She could have been wearing a canvas sack and he would have thought that she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

The reception was your typical wedding reception, except that Tom knew that he had the most beautiful woman in the room.

For her part, Eleanor only had eyes for Tom and rarely left his side except for the traditional father-daughter and mother-son dances. She didn't even notice the suggestive looks some of the cruder guests sent her way.

Tom did notice some of the looks and whispered conversations and decided that his circle of friends would be getting smaller.

As tired as they were, their wedding night love-making was lacking some of its usual passion, but made up for it by being overflowing with love.

Eleanor had made all the honeymoon arrangements. All that she would tell Tom to pack light, very light.

When they got to the airport, Tom finally saw where they were going: Cancun.

"Cancun? I thought we were going someplace special," Tom said.

"The plane is going to Cancun. We're going someplace very special."

"'Very special?' How is it very special?"

"It's a surprise. You'll just have to wait and see."

Tom wasn't really a big fan of surprises, but he knew better than to argue with

Eleanor when she had her mind made up.

Soon enough, they were sitting in what the airlines laughing called seats, winging their way to Cancun and Eleanor's very special surprise.

Eleanor soon had them in a taxi after a rapid-fire conversation with the driver in Spanish. Tom was puzzled by the driver's big grin.

"I didn't know you spoke Spanish," Tom said.

"There's much that you don't know about me, but you have a lifetime to learn."

Tom was still confused, but was pleased by her acknowledgement that they would be spending their lives together.

As they left the airport, it was obvious that they weren't heading for Cancun proper, and he soon saw signs for some place called Tulum.

The taxi pulled up to the Hidden Beach Resort, and the driver and the doorman opened the taxi's doors and the driver ran around to get Tom and Eleanor's luggage.

The driver still had a silly grin and gave Tom a big wink as Tom gave him a tip, then the taxi was gone.

There was a bellman with their luggage on a small cart, and he and Tom followed Eleanor as she went to the front desk to check-in.

While waiting, Tom looked around the lobby, which was open to the pool area and the beach beyond, when his eyes nearly bugged out of his head. A young couple, totally nude, walked through the lobby right into the restaurant. Tom expected to see them tossed out, but instead, the hostess, who was only wearing a scarf with a name badge, showed them to a table.

"Eleanor, Eleanor!"

"Yes, Tom, what is it, can't you see I'm busy?"

"Yes, but a couple, they were naked, and walked right into the restaurant."

"I know, Tom, this is a nude resort."

"You mean they have clothing optional beaches."

"No, I mean that this is a nude resort, you don't have to wear anything anywhere."

"But... But in the restaurant? Isn't that unsanitary?"

Eleanor made a little exasperated sigh.

"No, Tom, anywhere you sit, you sit on a towel; it's perfectly fine."

Tom was at a loss for words and decided to save it for later. Now that he was aware, it seemed that everywhere he looked was a naked body, so he kept his eyes glued to the back of Eleanor's head.

When Eleanor finished checking them in, they followed the bellman to their room.

After tipping him, Tom closed the door only to find Eleanor already asleep on the bed with her feet on the floor.

Smiling, Tom swung her feet onto the bed and slipped her shoes off. He then stripped down to his underwear, climbed into the bed, and promptly joined her in dreamland.

Tom woke to Eleanor idly stroking his chest.

"Ah, you're awake," she said. "I'm going to use the bathroom, why don't you rest for a few more minutes, then get ready to hit the beach. Be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen!"

With her last remark Tom realized what he was facing, and wasn't sure that he was up for it, or maybe he was afraid that he'd be too "up" for it.

As he was throwing things into the beach bag, Eleanor came out of the bathroom.

She was stark naked, which wasn't exactly unexpected, but what was unexpected was her pussy. In place of the full, but well-trimmed, bush was a narrow landing strip.

"What did you do to your bush? You know how much I love your fire crotch."

"Relax, it'll grow back."

"But, why did you do it?"

Eleanor hesitated before answering.

"I figured, what's the point of being naked if you're going to hide... things?"

"You mean you wanted people, men, to see everything?"

She could only nod.

Tom threw up his hands, grabbed his bathing suit and went into the bathroom, barely avoiding slamming the door. He sat on the closed toilet seat and put his head in his hands.

What am I going to do, he wondered. It wasn't that he doubted Eleanor's fidelity; on the contrary, he was sure of it. What he doubted was his own ability to meet her standards. He was sure that sooner or later she would get bored with him, and he would be left alone.

There was a gentle rap on the door.

"Tom, are you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'll be right out," he said as he stripped out of his clothes and put on his bathing suit.

When he came out of the bathroom, Eleanor said, "Oh, that'll never do," and proceeded to pull down his bathing suit only to be confronted by his flaccid penis.

I was sure that he'd be hard as steel at the thought of all the naked women out there, Eleanor thought.

She pushed that thought out of her mind as she stood up and led him away from the bathing suit lying crumpled on the floor.

They finished gathering their supplies into a beach bag and made their way to the lobby.

Tom was painfully aware of all the naked bodies they passed and how the men eye-balled Eleanor, even as he admittedly ogled the other women.

Tom's hopes that they would stop at the relatively deserted pool were dashed as Eleanor strode by, leaving the hotel proper and headed to the beach.

Thankfully, Eleanor chose a spot a bit away from most of the people on the beach, but Tom had a feeling that that wouldn't last.

She lay on her stomach and said, "Put some sunscreen on me, Babe?"

"Sure thing, Hon," he said as he proceeded to rub sunscreen all over her body, giving her a light massage as he did.

Noticing her slight quiver as his fingers brushed the sides of her boobs and dug into her ass, Tom felt bolder and slipped a finger between her legs and lightly stroked her pussy lips.

Eleanor moaned in pleasure and was about to ask Tom to go further when he pulled his hand away.

"My turn," he said, and Eleanor was pleased to see that his cock was noticeably harder.

Tom lay down as Eleanor rubbed sunscreen into his back, butt and legs. Soon he was lightly dozing until Eleanor lightly slapped his butt.

"Time to turn so you don't burn," she said in a sing-song voice.

Eleanor lay on her back with her legs slightly spread. Tom felt some discomfort at her exposure, but did his duty, oiling her up, giving special attention to her breasts, and extra special attention to the area between her legs.

She squirmed as he oiled up her pussy, and moaned as he slipped an oiled finger into her vagina, but he once again frustrated her by withdrawing it and lying back on his towel.

Eleanor got her revenge by using very light strokes to apply the sunscreen, only occasionally hitting his cock.

After she had liberally coated the rest of his body, she returned her attention to his cock. She varied the pressure, often pulling away when she thought he might come. When she felt that he couldn't hold back any longer, she stopped and returned to her own towel.

Tom could only stare at his erect cock, throbbing in its need. He wanted to relieve the pressure, but he wasn't about to masturbate in public.

Finally, he couldn't stand it any longer, and stood up.

"Eleanor, I'm going for a swim. Want to join me?"

"No, thanks. I think I'll get a little more sun."

While secretly relieved, since he had plans to do more than just swim, Tom was uncomfortable with how Eleanor seemed to spread her legs a little wider as he left the area, but he had "bigger" concerns at the moment.

Almost as soon as Tom hit the water a group of young men gathered around

Eleanor making small talk.

Eleanor lapped up the attention, and decided to have some fun with them and idly tweaked a nipple. She was pleased to see their dicks growing and upped the ante.

Eleanor languidly stretched her arms over her head, causing her breasts to rise and more than one cock to rise.

When she began to finger her pussy, a couple of the bolder guys started to stroke themselves, and she wondered how far she could take this game before Tom returned.

Tom was unaware of what was transpiring behind him as he moved as quickly as his condition would allow until he hit the water and waded out until he was waist-deep.

He turned his back to the beach and gave himself some relief.

Soon, with the pressure off, Tom decided to enjoy the water for a bit, not noticing at first the attention that Eleanor was attracting.

He couldn't be sure how much time had passed, but when he stood up to take a break he noticed the men around Eleanor, most near her feet looking up between her legs.

Tom made his way, trudging through the sand, and elbowed his way through the group.

"Hey, man, watch where you're going, we were here first," said one of the lechers.

"Yeah, who do you think you are?" said another.

"I'm her damn husband, and the show's over. I'm going back to the room," he said, gathering his things. "Are you coming?"

"Oh, Tom, it's so nice out here, there's nothing to get all worked up about."

"I guess I'll just be worked up about 'nothing' then," he said as he headed back to the hotel.

"Tom, wait," Eleanor said as she picked up her things. "Sorry, guys, gotta go," she said as she ran after Tom, the men admiring her bouncing ass.

Eleanor caught up with Tom just as the elevator doors were opening, and jumped in before Tom could press the close button.

"Tom, what's the matter? I didn't do anything!"

"So masturbating in front of strange men in public is nothing?"

"I wasn't masturbating..."

"Well, it was too damn close for my taste. I thought we had dealt with this back when we were dating."

"Tom, I was just teasing them. It's fun and they weren't going to get more than a little peek."

"They certainly didn't seem to think so, and it makes me suspicious of why you wanted to come here."

"No, Honey, I'm sorry, I just wanted to have some fun."

With that, she fell to her knees and took his soft cock in her mouth. In the elevator.

With the doors open.

Soon his cock was no longer soft, and he leaned back to enjoy the blow job. He didn't even notice the people walking by, remarkably few who actually stopped to watch; apparently public sex wasn't a rare occurrence at the resort.

Tom finished in her mouth, and she swallowed with a smile as she stood up and pressed the close button.

Tom was still in a bit of a daze when they reached their floor and Eleanor led him into their room.

The door had no sooner closed than he lay her on the bed and feasted on her pussy, giving her multiple orgasms, then, with his cock returned to hardness he fucked her until they both came and fell into a blissful slumber.

The rest of the honeymoon passed without major incident. They couldn't stop the men from ogling Eleanor, but she did nothing to encourage them. The closest they came to a conflict was when Eleanor complained that they had no pictures of their honeymoon.

"What do you expect, Honey?" Tom said. "We're naked all the time, we can't show those kinds of pictures to our families and friends."

"We have to do something to help us remember our honeymoon," she said.

Tom came up with a solution. They would have two sets of pictures: A NSFW set that would only be for their personal enjoyment, and a discreet set for family and friends.

They opened the discreet set with a picture of them on the beach, from the waist up, with Eleanor's arms demurely crossed in front of her breasts. They closed the set with a picture of them from the back gazing at a sunset. For this picture they were shot full-length, with their bare asses on full display.

Most of the rest of the pictures were posed so that any intimate body parts were hidden. One of the two raciest was of Eleanor reclining on a beach towel with her near leg crossed over the other hiding her private parts and an arm covering her nipples, but leaving a large amount of her breasts exposed.

The other was of her kneeling, angled slightly away from the camera, with her shapely ass on full display. Her upper body was supported by her arms, exposing a sizable amount of side boob.

Tom was a little troubled by that shot, but Eleanor found ways to ease his mind.

The NSFW shots are best left to the imagination.

When it was time to leave, it felt odd for them to wear clothes again. It was certainly an adventure, but not one that Tom was eager to repeat.