Candy Hearts - 750 Words

Story Info
Who was leaving him messages of love?
883 words
4.62
5.9k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Trionyx
Trionyx
1,168 Followers

Candy Hearts -- 750 Words

This story is submitted for the Valentine's Day Story Contest 2024 as well as the 2024 750-Word Story Event. Be forewarned, there is no sexual activity depicted in this story.

Also, please note that the 750-Word Story Event features stories which are exactly 750 words long, the minimum length of stories allowed on this site. They tend to be narrow in focus and/or cover a short period of time. As such, they cannot provide the same degree of eroticism or fulfilling narrative as do longer and more traditional stories. Many writers here at Literotica enjoy the challenge of creating an entertaining or provocative 750-word story so please read, vote and comment with this in mind.

-----

BE-MINE

A candy heart sat on Jerrod's desk in front of his keyboard. He glanced around the cubicle farm to see no other candies at any desks. 'I wonder,' he thought as he tasted its tart, lemony flavor.

-----

U-R-A-QT

The next day another candy heart greeted him when he returned from lunch. He looked to see if there were any glances from his coworkers and seeing none, he popped the sweet candy into his mouth.

-----

LET'S-KISS

Three days in a row? This was crazy. Who was leaving him these candies? He looked around the office. Most of the workers were men, but there was Chad. Everyone pretty much assumed he was gay though still in the closet. 'Nah, he wouldn't leave candy. No way.'

Several women in the cubicle farm would have been possibilities but most were married or in relationships except Ms. Stanson, head of finance. She was known to chase after coworkers but she preferred big, macho guys and not computer nerds like Jerrod. And at the next desk was Cindy, a semi-pro softballer who was never seen with a guy. 'She's probably lesbian. Nice cherry flavor, though' he mused.

-----

HUG-ME

Now, this was getting ridiculous. Four days in a row. Who could it be? There simply weren't any other possibilities unless it was Patricia, the receptionist. But she wasn't into Jerrod. Every time he stopped by her desk to chat, she avoided eye contact and uttered a simple 'Hi' as she made busywork at her desk. She was a cute little blonde at five feet who wore spiked heels which made her calves pop under her short, sexy dresses. As much as he would want it to be her, he knew it wasn't. Afterall, if she was into him, wouldn't she be friendlier?

'Hmm. Grape flavored. Not bad.'

-----

The next morning on his way in, he dropped by her desk. "Good morning, Patricia."

"Hi."

"Nose to the grindstone already?"

"It's Patty."

"Sorry, didn't hear you."

"I said it's Patty." She looked up at him for nearly the first time. She was cute with blue eyes, a button nose and very kissable, red lips.

"OK. I'll try to remember. Have a nice day, Patty."

"You too."

'It's not her. Way too shy. Barely even talks to me. Seriously cute, though.'

PICK-ME

And there it was, another heart waiting at his desk. Five days. Five candies. What was going on? Who was doing this? Sure, it was Valentine's Day on Tuesday but why would someone be leaving these hearts? Was it all a joke to make Jerrod think someone had the hots for him? If he could just figure out who was behind it all. Well, at least on the weekend he wouldn't be getting any mysterious candies.

-----

On Saturday, he was thinking about the candies when an idea popped into his head. He could turn on his computer cam to record any activity at his desk! Then he could see who it was and confront them. That was the answer!

-----

I'M-URS

On Monday, he barely noticed the candy as he put a few Post-it notes with meaningless writing around the edges of his screen. One conveniently hid the "Camera On" indicator. When he left the office, he set the record function, giddy he would soon know who was pranking him.

-----

I-WANT-U

On Tuesday, Jerrod sat down with his heart pounding in his chest. Now he would know. He turned on the video, rewound it quickly until there was a flash on the screen, then replayed it slowly. There it was! Twenty minutes before the office opened, someone's torso wearing a pink top was visible. A delicate hand with a heart-shaped pinkie ring placed something on his desk, right where he found the I-WANT-U candy.

He looked around to see no pink blouses, even on Ms. Stanson. He strolled through the office, searching until he found the blouse.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Patty."

"You too," she said as she nervously tapped her fingers on her desk. And on her pinkie was the heart ring!

"Hot date tonight?"

"Hardly."

"Oh, too bad. Well, see you around."

At his desk, he pulled out his own bag of candy hearts and picked three. Over lunch, he snuck them onto her empty desk.

BE-MINE

DINNER?

TEXT-ME

Fifteen minutes later, his phone pinged.

How did U figure it out?

I have my ways Glad it was U

Tx 4 the invite. Now I have a hot date 2nite!

-----

Trionyx -- February 2024

Votes and comments are appreciated.

Trionyx
Trionyx
1,168 Followers