Candy's Fashion House Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled; "I have to say it's nice to see you so excited by something Michael. I will be honest. I am interested and I want to help, but first I have a couple of questions.

1) How did you meet Candy and when did you see her designs?

"OK Karla this is all going to sound a bit weird."

She patted my hand, "Its OK honey I'm not judging."

"OK well after you rang me and invited me to your party I decided after a lot of deliberating that I wanted to go. The only way I could do it was if I got some professional help. So I searched the internet and found a local stylist who offered to help. It turned out to be Candy and it is her designs. The dress you liked so much was one of Candy's designs."

"OK Michael I understand. So number two. Why are you talking to me and not Lauren?"

"Karla you know how it is between Lauren and me at the moment. She won't leave Alecia she wants to come home and live with me but still see Alecia. I have told her that's not an option for me. I told her she needs to choose. It would be nice if she chose me but unfortunately her actions lately have proven to me she thinks more of Alecia than she does of me."

Karla hugged me; "I know honey she told me about it. I did try to tell her you wouldn't wear it."

I thanked her for her support.

"OK give me a couple of days and I will try to organise some interested parties. This isn't my specialist field Michael so I may need some time. I do meet people occasionally who want some investment options."

I couldn't wait to tell Candy, I called her as soon as I got home and gave her the good news. She was over the moon; I could hear the excitement in her voice. "Oh my god Kelli that's awesome, what do I have to do?"

I tried to calm her down. "At this stage Candy there's nothing for you to do. Just wait and see. I am not making any promises Candy please don't get to excited yet, this is not a guarantee."

The week was drifting by and I hadn't heard from Karla, so I started to fret and worry, maybe this wasn't a good idea, maybe I had been projecting my enthusiasm because of my affection for Candy, which was weird I mean we had only just met, but I felt so comfortable around her!

I had just about given up hope. I was dragged out of my melancholy that night when Karla rang. "OK Michael I have one definitely interested party and a couple of maybes but there is one problem. They want to see the designs for real. Is there any chance you guys could put together a small showing?"

I got excited. "Yeah no problem we can do that." My mind was spinning at a million miles an hour already planning what we would need, "When do you want to meet?"

"What about tomorrow night about seven? Would that OK? Not too short a notice is it?"

I freaked out. "Nope, no problem we will be ready." I gave her the address and added, "Thanks Karla you are the best, love you!"

I rang Candy immediately and gave her the good news. She was excited and scared all at the same time.

"Shit how the hell are we going to do this, can you help me tomorrow?"

I exclaimed, "Yeah no problem I will be there at eight in the morning!"

I was up most of the night working on projections and costings. By one AM I had redone all of the spreadsheets. I added graphs , charts and all of the quotes I had received.

I arrived at Candy's at seven and had to wait for her to turn up.

She rocked up and I could see the excitement in her eyes, she rushed up and hugged me, "Sweetie I cant thank you enough for this." She looked me up and down and I thought she was going to cry. "Kelli what the hell have you done to yourself?"

"I told you I work construction I had to go back to being myself, jeez as it is I have had tons of shit from a couple of the guys."

She babbled, "Honey I am going to need Kelli today. I want you to model the clothes for me!"

I freaked out and laughed. "Fuck off Candy. I am no model."

"Kelli you have to I can't do this on my own, sweetie I need to do the introductions and talk to them as they see the designs if we are to have any chance at all I want to be talking to them as they see them! Please Kelli don't let me down. Kelli you slayed them at Karla's party you said so yourself. Everybody loved the dress that you were wearing. Sweetie the dress is nice but it was you that sold it."

We argued back and forth but eventually she cried, "Kelli we are wasting time. No more argument, you are doing it." She turned and strode away leaving no room for argument.

Candy wanted to go the whole hog; she wanted it to seem like a mini fashion show. So I spent the morning running around hiring a sound system, lights and an overhead projector and screen.

I set up a short runway with curtains to seal of the changing areas, I set up the sound system and rigged up the lights. Candy was furiously going through her designs picking out her favourites that would work as a collection.

At lunchtime we sat down together and went over how it would work. Candy was so excited she wanted me to go back to the look she had developed for Karla's party. She thought that look was modern and trendy and suited me perfectly.

So she sat me down and started to style my hair. As the dye was taking she got me to try on a couple of the outfits so she could make the necessary adjustments.

Once she had the measurements it left me free to set up Candy's storage area as a meeting room and hook up my computer and projector.

Once it was done she went to work on my makeup she trimmed my hair trying to make it feminine but I had fucked it up so much there was no saving it. She hunted through her collection and came out with a bright red wig, the hair was long and she styled with a long fringe which she styled to drape down and cover over my left eye. Then she spent an age on my eyes and my overall look. The time was racing by and we were running out of time. I realised that the one thing we hadn't considered was catering, as she worked on my makeup I was on the phone ringing around lots of local caterers until I found someone who could do the short notice but it was going to cost!

As we did the final preparations Candy ran me through how to walk and she spent lots of time showing me how a model does the turn at the end of the runway, the look over the shoulder the hair flick. She had me in fits of laughter as she showed me, doing demonstration after demonstration; until finally I could do a reasonable walk and turn.

I put the champagne in ice and set the glasses.

Candy took me out the back and got me ready in the first outfit.

OK Candy instructed me that she would look after all the front of house stuff; she would look after the arrival and introductions. We had set the seats alongside the runway not knowing exactly how many people were going to turn up.

I didn't know who Karla had organised and that made me nervous. I fluffed up my hair and prepared myself. I heard talking out the front so I took a peek through the curtains, to say I was shocked was an understatement. There was Karla and she had Lauren by her side. What the fuck, she had sold me down the river. I was fucked.

Candy came back to see if I was OK, she could see I was freaked out.

"Relax sweetie, deep breaths you have got this. Forget who is out there, remember what I said don't look them in the eye; look straight above them or stare right through them as if they don't even exist. Honey you are better than them remember that. I need you honey I need you to be the best you have ever been."

As Candy was talking I was hyperventilating and my anger was getting the better of me. Candy held my hand, "Come on baby you can do this."

"Candy that's my fucking wife out there with Karla. I didn't know that's who Karla was bringing; it's just supposed to be some investor?" I was that angry I could barely breathe. "Candy, Karla did this to set me up. She did this just so they can laugh at me!"

Candy flopped back in the chair and I could see she was about to cry. I could see all of the excitement and joy flowing out of her. Half an hour ago she had been vibrant animated and excited now she was a hollow shell, I hugged her, "Hey it's going to be OK."

"No honey it's not, personally I think you are being paranoid, but I understand if you don't want to do it. It's OK I don't blame you, it's not your fault. We will just cancel I should have known it was too good to be true! I have to say I think you are wrong though, it might be a set up but they aren't here to laugh at you. Even if they were they wouldn't be laughing for long. You are beautiful.

As she got up to walk out I grabbed her arm. I swallowed hard and took a deep breath, I couldn't let her down. Maybe just maybe Lauren was interested in investing, or maybe knew some people who would? I hugged her tight, "Candy get your ass out the front, and get ready we are fucking doing it. She is not going to ruin this for you. I will do it."

Candy gasped, "No it wouldn't be fair to you."

"Fuck that we are doing it, I'm going to rub there snotty noses in it."

Candy jumped up, "Are you sure sweetie? I do understand honestly. If you want to cancel its fine."

"No fuck her I will fucking show them. Fuck them all. All we want is there fucking money."

Candy went back out front and I could hear her as she did the introductions for the first dress. She pumped up the music and it was time to go.

I swept open the curtain and walked, no I strutted down the runway I got to the end and did the spin, lean back and hair flick. I strutted back doing a final turn as I walked through the curtains. Candy came back and patted me on the back, "Beautiful baby you have them in the palm of your hand."

The next dress was a long flowing number with a split up one leg that went all the way up to my hip.

The top was sleeveless and very low cut.

I did the walk again and repeated the turn, although this time I did a double turn before the hair flick thing. I was trying to ignore that it was Lauren, It appeared that she hadn't recognised me, but this time I heard her shriek, "Oh my god Karla its Michael, oh my god, Karla its Michael." This time out the back Candy was cuddling me and holding me tight. "Relax she kept saying over and over. Show them how good you can be, rub their noses in it!"

"Yeah OK", I muttered but I wasn't feeling it. For the next walk I tried to ignore them but it was impossible, still I managed to hold it together although I could hear the yelling and clapping. As loud as the music was I could hear Lauren screaming at the top of her voice. I saw the look on both their faces and it gave me a huge confidence boost, and I started to get into it. That was the way the rest of the show went. Finally it was over and the lights went on. Candy came and dragged me out onto the runway and made me do a bow. She took centre stage as we huddled together.

"Sweetie I need to hand the rest over to you. Do you think you will be OK?"

"Yeah Candy I have got this bit."

She invited Karla and Lauren through to the makeshift meeting room, announcing that I was going to run through the proposal.

Before we could move into the meeting room Lauren rushed over and threw her arms around my shoulders and kissed me. "Oh my god Kelli you look gorgeous, oh I am so jealous right now, you are fucking beautiful. She giggled; "Wow you look so different, and so sexy."

"Thanks Lauren" As we hugged Karla came over and hugged me. "Jesus Kelli you look amazing, stunning really." Again I thanked her for the compliments adding, "We need to go through." I was trying to sound professional, but Lauren's compliments got my pulse racing, and seeing her right there if front of me it was all I could do to not grab her hold her tight and kiss her.

Once everyone was seated I stood up and gave them all a briefing on the proposal. If Lauren was actually interested I needed her to see Candy when she is excited so I got her to start talking about her designs. She didn't let me down; once she starts talking about her designs she becomes a different person. She becomes very animated her arms wave and she really gets into it. Tonight was no exception, maybe there was extra adrenalin but she was so effusive and excited, as I looked at Karla and Lauren I could see they were excited as well.

I tried to keep the enthusiasm going and I think Candy was infectious because I never get this excited, but here I was getting carried away myself. I ran the overheads expressing the costings and possible income streams. I had found a local warehouse that was perfect for the factory, I included the details from the realtors, and I showed the quotes from local contractors. There were photographs and some sketches that I had done of the possible layout of the warehouse.

I had photographed many of Candy's other designs and ran them as an overhead slide show in the background.

There was lots of head nodding from everyone, they all seemed impressed.

I thought we needed to clear the air and find out if Lauren was interested. So I opened up the discussion.

As spoke I ran an accusatory eye at Karla who looked a little guilty. "Lauren I was shocked to see you here tonight I am assuming that Karla talked to you because you have shown some interest in helping us find some investors? So if that's the case is any of what we have just shown you here today of any interest?"

Karla responded before Lauren could talk, "I am sorry I didn't tell you beforehand Michael, but Lauren is my best friend and as you know she is a genius when it comes to business partnerships. I didn't tell her who was involved, I didn't want to colour either of your visions with your personal problems. I wanted you both to be open minded about the possibilities."

Lauren jumped in and she hugged Karla, "Honey its fine I'm glad you brought me along. God Michael I am blown away. I have never in my life seen you so excited about anything. Tonight you have shown me the real you. This business plan is fucking awesome it really is. It takes me back to university when we worked on that project together. It was only your brilliance that got me through that project. Tonight I have seen what you are capable of. Oh my god, and to top it all off you look absolutely sensational. I can't explain how jealous I am right now. I have to say that this is a side of you I have never seen. You were incredible walking down that runway. A month ago I couldn't get you to go to the shops with me!"

She rushed around and hugged Candy. "Candy I love your designs I can see the same enthusiasm in you, the passion you showed here tonight, wow I am stunned. The pair of you are so dynamic, I don't know how anyone could say no. Yes Michael to answer your question. I am interested in fact fuck finding investors I want in myself. When Karla first ran this by me I was thinking of who I could approach, I did ring around a couple of people I know but I don't care if we can't get anyone else involved I want to do it."...

"We can re-mortgage the house; we can raise the capital ourselves!"

I was stunned by her desire to be involved.

Karla interjected, "Hang on a minute; you can't leave me out, I want in as well, I didn't come here tonight just to hold Laurens hand. What I have seen here tonight is mind-blowing. The drive and enthusiasm I have seen from you Candy but especially you Michael, yes I want in as well." Lauren and Karla hugged and they were grinning and smiling at each other.

I was a little stunned by their reactions, "OK guys you must have questions so maybe we should hear them now?"

Karla started she wanted to know who was going to oversee the construction of the warehouse conversion?

I explained that it was going to be me; I would supervise and work with the contractors. I had already spoken to them and knew the people involved. I would fit it in between my day job.

Lauren didn't look convinced, she was shaking her head. "Baby I have to say that does concern me. How the hell are you going to do both?"

I reassured her I could drive the project. It would just mean early starts.

I explained in the early phase Candy still had a business to run. She wouldn't have the time and I saw it as my baby. I wanted to drive it and leave Candy free to focus on designs and managing the actual sewing and garment manufacture. I could manage the conversion and then maybe we would need somebody with more experience and industry savvy to take over after that.

Candy jumped in forcefully. "Hell no Kelli that's not right, I think you are the perfect person for this. Look at what you have achieved so far.

Karla surprised me, agreeing with Candy, "Kelli you have proven you are capable of putting together a great business plan, this is better than a lot that pass across my desk. People pay a lot of money to get business plans drawn up and I have to say this is a damn good one. You are selling yourself short. I would personally like to see you follow through with this. You are capable, sweetheart you just need to have faith in your own abilities; this business plan is proof that you understand business. This is proof to me that you are the right person for the job."

Lauren piped up, "If you gave up your day job you could do this fulltime. We don't need that income, we can do this."

I tried to diffuse that line of conversation. "OK guys it seems we are all interested let's cut to the chase and talk money. As you can see from the projections we need an estimated $300,000 for the start-up, conversion and first six months. I have $50,000 that I am prepared to put in." The look on Laurens face was shock, it was priceless; I could see her mind working, where the hell is he getting the money?

As she was thinking she looked across at me. "OK I could put up $30,000.

Karla then added, "Well I have $50,000 sitting around not doing much."

"OK so we are a little short of projected finance requirements..." Before I could say anything else Lauren piped up, "Give me a couple of days to a week, now that I have seen what this is all about I am sure I can find some other investors. If I can't we can refinance the house or something?? Let's not let the shortfall get in the way. Let's get the whole thing moving." Shit she was not going to be stopped!

So we were in agreement. Except I had what I thought might be a roadblock. "OK guys you will have noticed that Candy isn't going to input any money into this venture, but even so I want to see her maintain a fifty percent stake in the company so that she retains control."

Karla was shaking her head, "Wow Michael that's a big ask. I am sorry but I can't accept that. I know that the designs are Candy's and that's what this is all about but if we are going to put in money then we need to have the shares we hold reflect the money we bring to the table."

Lauren had a really concerned look on her face as well, she looked at Karla, "I'm sorry but I sort of agree with Karla."

I nodded my head, "OK I understand your position, and I know what I am suggesting is unusual but this is Candy's whole life. These designs didn't happen overnight, she has been working on them forever and without that we wouldn't be sitting here tonight."

Candy was tugging on my arm, "Kelli please I don't care about this, please just let it go."

I looked at her sternly, "No it's important that this is yours. I think we have to support the creativity and that has to be recognised?"

Lauren and Karla were still shaking their heads, "No it can't work. You can't ask or expect us to invest our money in something and then give the controlling interest to someone who is not investing anything."

I could see their point; they wanted to protect their investments. The good news was that I could see by their interest that this business model might not be as hard as I thought to sell to others.