Captain Emrah Jackson Ch. 30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We returned to the stateroom, and to say I was nervous was an understatement. If I was found guilty it would be a one-way trip to the stockade on Ganymede. I would spend the next few decades with other disgraced officers, and I would never see Roki again.

"Captain Emrah Jackson," Nagamo said as I stood up.

"On the count of gross negligence, this court finds you not guilty."

I couldn't help but smile.

"On the second count of deserting your post, this court finds you not guilty, and as such you will retain your full rank. You will return to service when you are medically able. Court dismissed."

There were no cheers or applause. Just a wry smile from the Marine officer and a handshake from Bonnet. It had been a short but eventful trial, and one I had barely managed to win.

"So what now?" I asked Bonnet.

"I guess we have to start saluting you again."

**********

I didn't return to the Trinidad with Bonnet, instead, I was called to see the Admiral. Not in her private quarters, but in one of the formal meeting rooms. It was where they brought dignitaries. As I looked out of the wide window I could see why. It gave a good view of the ship's macro cannon. Of all the weapons that the UEN had available, it was the largest and most powerful. It ran the length of the vessel and fired a slug the size of a house at incredible speeds. It had been conceived to destroy space stations and could kill most ships with one shot.

"Quite the performance, Captain," she said.

"I agree, Admiral," I said, stoically.

"Cut the shit, Emrah, why didn't you tell me it was you that saved Alissia?"

"Sorry Admiral, I am not used to bargaining for my career."

She sighed. I should have told them immediately, but I wanted it to all be on the record.

"How is she?" I asked.

"Recovering in a medical facility on Earth. The other girl that was with her, Antoinette, never told us it was you."

"I told her to keep it a secret, I didn't want to complicate things."

Nagamo told me that Antoinette had appeared all over the news net telling her story. It created a public outcry that made the UEN act. It was partially the reason for the mission to Ferrin.

"So what can you tell me about the Spartan, do you know its location?"

I shook my head and told her I knew just as much as she did.

"What is your main goal here?" I asked.

"Cripple the shipyards on Ferrin, and hunt as many pirate vessels as possible in the time being."

"Is this a permanent thing?" I asked.

She shook her head. "We are still in the free systems remember, we won't be staying here forever. Some of the neighbouring systems have already sent formal protests to Earth."

I told her that there were likely people on Ferrin that knew more about Talia and might be able to help.

She nodded and told me they had intelligence officers there right now looking.

"I can help you look," I said, "I know some of the people."

She laughed and told me I was going to Earth as soon as transport became available.

"I've spent two years in the free systems, I know the people, I know how pirates work."

"That may well be the case, but firstly you are pregnant, and secondly I don't fully trust you."

I asked her if she had voted in my favour during the trial, and she admitted that she did not.

"I have a room available on my ship for the time being," she said. I told her I would rather return to the Trinidad.

"Very well," she said and told me she would be expecting a full debrief in the following days.

********

I returned to Captain Harmon's ship with Bonnet. She asked me what the Admiral had wanted, and I told her I was going to be returning to Earth.

"It's probably for the best," she said. I didn't think so but nodded anyway.

My rank had been reinstated and as such I wasn't returned to the brig. The quarters I was given weren't big as this was a combat vessel, but they were clean and comfortable.

This was a strange ship to me, and while I had rank I had to respect the Captain here and not interfere. I stayed in my quarters for a few days. An enlisted man brought me my meals. I spent the time writing my report. This was going to be very extensive and include locations and times the best I could remember. Not everything was added though. I decided not to include my encounter with Gant, it seemed pointless. It was nice to write about Delphine and Red Moon. I hoped whoever read it appreciated that not everyone in the free systems supported slavery. I also hoped that my accounts of the collector station and the breeder farm would show just how terrible a practice it was. I detailed all the things I saw at the Phoenix slave markets and what had happened at the gladiator arena. It was certainly a damming indictment of this side of the galaxy.

The Captain came to see me after I sent it off to the Admiral.

"How are you doing Emrah?"

"Honestly, I'm going a bit stir crazy."

He nodded and told me there wasn't much happening. "Our occupation force on Ferrin is struggling. Too many mouths to feed."

"Did you read my report?"

"Some of it, Emrah, I am very sorry this happened to you."

I smiled and told him I was dealing with it.

"Between me and you, you are getting quite the reputation, people are talking."

"Good or bad?"

"The top brass still wants to hang you out, but the rest of us think you should be getting a medal."

I laughed and told him I didn't think I deserved one.

"Would you join me for dinner later?"

"Yes of course."

*************

Formal dinners during operations were uncommon, but Harmon pushed the boat out with the one. He had the canteen's tables rearranged so there was just one large one in the middle of the room. This was a meal just for the officers. Not just the ones from the Trinidad either, there were a few Captains from the other ships in the fleet. I doubted the Admiral knew about this.

When I entered they gave me the honour of standing to attention. I could feel a lump in my throat at the gesture. It was a bit awkward at first, no one knew what to say. It was one of the other captains who broke the tension.

"Did you really have to fight in that Gladiator arena?"

"I did," I said softly. I started to tell them about my first match, and how I was armed only with a spear. They were silent and I wondered if I had made a mistake by telling them such a story.

"Fucking hell," one of the young ensigns said, and a few people laughed. It went some way to break the tension.

The meal was great and I regaled the group the best I could. I didn't tell them sad stories, but ones of bravery and excitement. I told them about the attack on the breeder farm, and my escape from the bounty hunters.

They wanted to know more about the pirate ship I had been on. At first, they assumed Berta was some cold-blooded killer, but I explained how nice she was. Then I showed them the tattoo on my arm.

"It's a feather," I said, "it means I have a light touch."

This wasn't like the courtroom, they were interested and sympathetic.

They enjoyed my tale about the Eden, and even though I had helped capture hostages, I explained that we only took the rich ones.

"Slave owners, probably," one of the other Captain's said.

"Most likely."

Once I was comfortable I told them about the collector station and the special auctions they had.

"There where I was sold. people wanted to pay good money for a UEN officer," I said grimly.

One of the officers said that was where we should be attacking.

"Those breeder farms should be next too," he said.

I agreed and said that while Ferrin was a pirate stronghold. The slaves that they traded in paled in comparison to what was happening in the rest of the free systems. Delphine had taught me a lot about the slave trade, and now I told the men and women at this table.

The chef had created a fancy dessert that we all enjoyed. As I ate it I felt a cramp in my stomach. This wasn't just the rich food.

"You will have to excuse me, I think I need to return to my quarters," I said, as the twinge got stronger.

"Of course, Emrah," Harmon said, and said he would accompany me back.

*************

"It was a lovely meal and a lovely gesture," I said, as we walked to my room.

"It was my pleasure."

The twinge suddenly started again, and I felt a dampness in my crotch.

"This isn't from the rich food," I said, "I think I need to go to the medical bay."

"Are you okay?" he asked, with some concern.

"I think I am giving birth."

************

The ship's doctor confirmed what was happening. He gave me two options stay awake or be put under. I chose the latter. I didn't want to go through the pain.

I awoke several hours later with a head full of cotton wool. They had performed a cesarean.

"Would you like to see her?"

I shook my head. It was a cold thing to do, but I had been forced to carry this baby. This was no happy moment for me.

"It's not often I get to deliver babies," the doctor said, idly.

"Will I take long to recover?"

"A few days," he said, "you will be on your feet tomorrow." I was at least glad I didn't have to give birth on Ferrin.

I rested in the medical bay for a few more hours then in a wheelchair I was taken back to my quarters.

The next morning the Captain came to see me.

"How did it go?" he asked.

"About as well as expected," I said coldly.

"There's a transport going to earth in a few days, both of you will be on it."

I nodded.

"Emrah, it's not my business, but you are the child's mother."

"It's fine," I said, "It's done now."

I hadn't asked for the child, but then it hadn't asked for me to be its mother either. After he left I decided that I should go and see it, just to get through the emotions I was feeling.

It was being looked after by a nurse in the medical bay. It was so small and looked very vulnerable.

"It's a girl," the nurse said.

"I know."

She asked if I wanted to hold her.

I shook my head.

She picked up anyway and put the tiny bundle into my arms. She wasn't as heavy as I expected. Her little eyes were half open and I felt my chest swell with emotions.

The nurse asked if I had a name for her.

I shrugged. It was all too much for me. When she got to Earth a nice family would be found for her. That was the best thing.

"The UEN will look after you now," I said, to the baby.

She reached out to me with her tiny hand. I thought about her father. I could realistically track him down. Then what? This little girl would be raised in a society where it was common for people to own slaves. No doubt Cody had slaves of his own working for him. Delphine had told me that she'd be a slave to a family with small children. Would this baby get her own slave to look after her? She had to go to Earth.

"Delphine would be a good name," I said to the nurse.

*************

I didn't want to go to Earth. Roki was still out here, and so was Talia. It felt like my business in the free systems was far from finished.

I went to see Captain Harmon. I told him bluntly I wasn't returning to Earth.

"It's a direct order, Emrah."

"You can make a case for me though, I'm useful. There aren't many officers with my experience in the free systems."

"I had a feeling you were going to ask," he admitted. He told me to leave it with him and he would make my case to the admiral.

The next day I got my answer. Harmon told me that he had spoken to Nagamo and while she wasn't happy, she agreed that my experience might be of service.

"You will be attached to the Trinidad for the time being."

As the transport left with my baby, I was given my first mission. I was to report to a man called Major Anderson on the surface of Ferrin. I was to help look for information about the Spartan, and the whereabouts of Talia.

**********

A shuttle took me down to the surface. My uniform had been replaced with one that fit my new shape. I still had a bulge in my stomach but it wasn't really noticeable. They had given me some drugs to reduce the swelling and fitted me with a new birth control device.

"What are those pyramids, Ma'am?" the pilot asked me.

"Dunno," I said and told him they were haunted.

He laughed but didn't seem sure if I was joking or not.

The entire surface had been ravaged. Smoke still rose into the sky and I could see the burnt out shells of buildings.

When I landed on the surface, I was met by a Marine who handed me a laser pistol and holster. He told me he would take me to see Anderson. It was a UEN standard-issue gun, a lot sleeker than the mauler pistols I had become accustomed to. Things on the surface seemed quiet. The Marine told me most of the people had returned to their homes. The rest were being held in makeshift camps.

"It's a devil trying to feed them all, Ma'am," he said.

He took me to a camp at the edge of the city. Then into a large tent that was acting as a temporary HQ. Anderson met me shortly later. He was a Major in the UEN Marines, which meant I technically outranked him as I was in the Navy. This was his operation though, so I was going to have to defer to him.

"I was told you can help me gather information about this ship we are hunting."

"I think so," I said and told him to give me the lay of the land.

He repeated what the other man had told me. I asked if he had a list of names of people in the camps, but he said they didn't.

"Okay," I said, with a sigh, "the first stop is the old town."

He came with me and brought along two Marines with laser rifles to act as security. It felt odd walking these streets with an armed escort.

"Is it true you lived here?"

"For a time," I said, vaguely.

Our first stop was the pleasure house Alissia had been sold to. If anyone knew about Talia it was these people. The place had been completely destroyed though. It was just a burnt-out hole in the ground.

"It looked like it was hit during the bombardment," Anderson said. There was nothing else to do here and we now headed towards the pirate shipyard. The whole city smelled of smoke and was starting to sting my eyes.

The shipyard had been completely destroyed. The hotels and bars were now just smouldering ruins. A fire still raged from the fuel store and would last for weeks according to one of the Marines.

"There isn't a whole lot left," Anderson admitted.

"I am looking for a man called Karack, he was the one who bought the UEN Denmark from Talia. They might have had some sort of arrangement for future sales."

"We can ask in the camp," he said but told me that if he was in the yard during the attack he was likely dead.

"So much for gathering information," I said.

He nodded.

I started to wonder if they were even serious about finding Talia.

On our way back to the camp he got a call on his comms device. There was a problem he needed to deal with. He asked if I could find my way back, but I didn't want to just sit on my hands so I said I would come with him.

"We are having a hard time keeping order," he said, as we made our way back into the old town.

***********

We got to the scene of the disturbance. It apparently was down to two young Marines.

"They need to pay," a fat man protested.

Anderson started to ask just what was going on. As he did, I looked closer at the fat man, and I couldn't believe who I was seeing, It was Gabel, the man who had kept me in his pleasure house. The last time I had seen him I had robbed him. I had always assumed it would have been the last time too.

It became clear to the Major that the two Marines had been tempted by the girls inside and had decided to enjoy their services. Now here was an argument over the bill.

The building we were standing outside of wasn't his pleasure house, this place looked smaller and a lot more run down. It seemed this was where he was plying his trade now.

"Major," I said and stepped forward. "Why don't I deal with this."

"It's fine," he said and reminded me they were his men.

I spoke to him quietly and told him I didn't want to make it an order. He had to relent.

"Take your men back to the camp, I will deal with this man," I said and gestured towards Gabel.

He agreed and told one of our escorts to stay with me.

"Let's chat inside," I said to Gabel. If he recognised me he wasn't making me aware. It could be my uniform and situation that threw him off.

The Marine stood guard outside while I went in with Gabel

"They refused to pay," he grumbled.

"I see," I said, coolly.

This place was not at all like the lavish building he had once run his. There were no soft furnishings or lavish ornaments. Just a busted-down sofa with three girls sitting on it. There was another man there, he looked like one of the guards. He was sitting pensively in an easy chair.

"Are they slaves?" I asked, gesturing at the girls.

"No no, not slaves, my employees," he said quickly. "I'm a businessman. I like the UEN."

I took a seat opposite the group and asked him how much he was owed.

"A thousand credits," he said, with a smile returning to his lips.

He thought I was going to pay him. He asked me if I wanted a drink. I declined it, then he started to study me a little more carefully. The realisation of who I was suddenly started to dawn on him.

"You look familiar."

I nodded sheepishly.

He shook his head.

"The last time I saw you, I was trying to sell you a girl? Remember now?"

His face went pale and then a look of anger crossed it.

"You robbed me," he said with venom.

I nodded and asked how much I owed him.

"What is this, some UEN trick, were you a spy? I don't understand."

I wasn't going to go through the whole story with him. I instead turned to his guard. I told him if he was wise he should leave now. Gabel protested but he made the right decision and left out of the back entrance.

"What are you going to do?" Gabel asked. There was nervousness in his voice now. It was my uniform that was making him act the way he was. This planet was now under new management.

"Well," I said to the girls, "Where is his money?"

One of them finally spoke up.

"He keeps it upstairs under his bed."

"It belongs to you three now."

They nodded but didn't move.

"Go and get it then," I said, firmly.

"You can't," Gabel protested but stayed glued to the spot.

The girls hurried upstairs and then I heard them leaving the same way as the guard.

"Just you and me now," I said.

I wanted to kill him. I might have taken his girls and his money, but a man like this would always find new women to exploit. It would have been in cold blood though and practically murder. That just wasn't my style.

"Do you remember when we first met?" I asked.

"Yes, at Lessing's house."

"No, we met long before that."

He wouldn't have known as I looked different back then.

"I worked for you in your pleasure house."

He furrowed his brow in confusion. I told him about my surgery, and my addiction to wax.

He still didn't look like he believed me. I knew something that would jog his memory.

"You called me Kitten back then," I said softly as I walked towards him.

"Yes, I remember. Kitten."

As stood as close to him as I dared and told him I missed our wax-fueled sessions.

He nodded silently. He was unsure about what to do with the information I was giving him.

"You made me come so much," I said in an almost whisper.

Suddenly a smile crossed his lips for a brief second.

"I have wax upstairs," he said carefully. I bit my bottom lip and nodded. He was starting to sense what I was hinting at.

In a very tentative manner, he placed his hand on my hip. I stiffened up but didn't flinch away. With my newfound willingness on display, he turned my body towards the stairs.

"You go first," he said. He knew just as I did how powerful an addiction to wax could be. He also knew it was native to Ferrin. I was from Earth and this was the only planet I could get it on.