All Comments on 'Car Trouble'

by moveablefeast66

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMad2 months ago

I enjoyed it, even with the annoying car-sex analogies. Well written, not really respecting all the cheating but the character play and romance made up for it.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack2 months ago

A little too much with the car/sex stuff, but otherwise an entertainment story of a group of flawed people making their way through the car crash (sorry) of their lives.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice992 months ago

All cheat CHild are damaged by their worthless parents as they grow up Ho Hum

TwentysevenTwentyseven2 months ago

This is very good, much more plausible than most.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Black cock in LW gets you a 1* no matter how the story was

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

You write an entire story without ever telling the read the MC's name. Small but terrible mistake.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Better ending... Nathalie had experience in making trash disappear. After planning for almost a year one day cheating skank Krista and piece of shit Terrance disappeared off the face of the earth. Families and neighbors got involved the police did thorough investigation but after two solid years there were no leads and no evidence. The police always suspected the hubby but he had an iron clad alibi and the divorce had been very amicable. The case grew cold and eventually died never being solved. Only two people knew the total and complete joy of seeing the expressions on the faces of trash Krista and her slime ball lover right before they died. The begging and pleading was just icing on the cake as the two got what they so richly deserved at the hands of those they thought they could abuse and betray with impunity. A day doesn't go by where Nathalie and her husband don't get a chuckle out of that moment of sheer glee. Krista's bastard brat ended up being adopted by some very nice people. She never knew or had any memory of her skank mother. She was so much better off that way.

katibkatib2 months ago

Man, that's runnin on six cylinders! Five on the floor for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Terrible.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

All of the adults in this fucking story are a bunch of fucking assholes. The mc should have told the next door neighbor to get the fuck off of his property and find someone else to watch her fucking kid than he could have beat the shit of his whore of a wife and her dickhead boyfriend would have been a better story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Pretty good story. Good dialogue with the exception of the car-sex analogies. However, there was hardly any dialogue between Krista and hubby. What also detracts is of course Krista leaves hubby for a tall black guy. Beat the stereotype. Then again, this is fiction. We all know Terrance would have jetted after kno king up Krista the 2st time.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Poor kids, growing up with this group of morally bankrupt people as their primary role models.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Such an odd story. It was sort of playful and humorous but I didn't know what to make of the characters.

Nathalie was perfectly willing to be a homewrecker but our hero doesn't seem to doubt her when he goes to her. I mean, maybe she simply wanted him so badly she didn't care, but what if she decides she wants someone else that badly? Especially with his marriage ending with cheating I'd be worried in his shoes.

Krista was, well, not very likeable at all. She was cowardly in how she did things and callous to her husband. She was also portrayed as kind of shrewish.

The hero was an odd man who I have mixed feelings about.

And finally, in Nathalie's shoes, I'd be worried I was a rebound. But maybe since their relationship predated the end of his marriage it wasn't a concern.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

None of the characters in this story, except for the kids, are worth the bullets to dispose of them. It will be the sons who fare the worst, their slut mother shocking them with being knocked up, then moving the asshole who did it, in with them.

LivesToReadLivesToRead2 months ago

Can anyone spell therapy? … over the top car references. A few were cute but got old quickly. Believable story of broken people that all took a wrong turn. None of them belong together but there are no u-turns in life. Nice effort but sad.

TwentysevenTwentyseven2 months ago

I wrote a supportive comment and it has been removed. Did I offend someone?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Ah that's normally what happens....life..... and its worth living !!!!!!

@ NTH and MTM, cars, way better than trains.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A lot of words, could have been much shorter, since NOTHING happened. The whole plot can be 1 paragraph.

FlamethrowFlamethrow2 months ago

Car references with all the sex became a bit wearisome toward the end but they were consistent with the characters, who were entertaining.

Not so sure about the living arrangements at the end, with both families continuing to live next door. It did not strike me as too realistic. But then, this is fiction.

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Readers from the old British Commonwealth won’t have a clue about what’s going on in this one.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I didn't connect with any of the characters. The cars were the best part

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Thought the main character jumped into the new relationship much too quickly. But hey, he's the one that has to live with his decisions.

moveablefeast66moveablefeast662 months agoAuthor

Thanks to everyone who has read, enjoyed (or hated), voted and commented on this work. I'm writing this about 24 hours after Car Trouble was posted and somehow this story has zoomed past all my others to become my most-read and most-voted work. Admittedly, a lot of people seem to wish I'd written a _different_ story. But I appreciate feedback, even if I don't agree with it.

A commenter noted that I didn't name the protagonist. This is an affectation on my part and is intentional. I don't always do it, but I think it helps some people connect with the character. I have other affectations in my stories: e.g. I never mention bra or dick sizes except subjectively.

For all the folks who thought the car thing was overdone, you're probably right. For the folks who don't like the outcome, I'm toying with writing an alternate "Hellcat" edition with a very different outcome. Maybe you'll like that one?

Anyway, thanks to all.

tralan69ertralan69er2 months ago

Car sex analogies

Not too much or annoying, but more funny than anything.

A some what of a sad story, that ended up with everyone happy.

Thank you and write another one or two or more.

Becaa57Becaa572 months ago

I like it, the car=sex stuff maybe makes sense to a car person, I am one, but not as much to where I relate sex and cars.

I will admit I had a problem with him moving so easily from one "garage" to another. He seemed to have a truly hard time starting with Natalie

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Got my motor revving despite the grease monkey shop talk , which is fine until you wanna peel your banana .

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

On page one. The MC starts to cheat. I am outta there. I did not read, sobi will not rate.

JPB NOT BOB

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 month ago

It’s a pretty good story, I’m just baffled that he never put up a fight for his sons.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermoveablefeast66@moveablefeast66
Longtime reader, now starting to contribute. --- Thanks to everyone who has offered encouragement both public and private.